Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      59 (72.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      5 (6.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      4 (4.9%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (8.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Jan 06, 2022 06:24:58 pm

Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25442 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Re: Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Jan 02, 2022 07:12:46 pm
      Our MF is old AF. Milner, Hendo, and Thiago are all 30+. Kieta and Ox's bodies are like 41. Love all these guys, but we constantly get out played in that part of the park. Need a rebuild there for sure.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #714: Jan 02, 2022 07:13:41 pm
      The desperation to get VAR to rule out the goal for an offside with their first was a telling sign Chelsea were soon going to get a second. The confidence levels seem to be sapped out of the players after the Kovacic goal.
      Instead of pleading with the ref to go to the screen, Hendo should’ve been bollocking the lads and telling them to switch on, calm it down and see the game through to half time IMO. Even in his interview after the game Hendo is saying about it too how he wanted the ref to go look.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,057 posts | 546 
      Reply #715: Jan 02, 2022 07:14:03 pm
      Sadio looked sharp today but that will be lost amongst all the noise

Yeah he had a really good game, not sure what people want from him. Great take for his goal and dangerous throughout. It's a given that he worked his arse off as well.
      In One
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • I’m an arl arse
      Reply #716: Jan 02, 2022 07:14:05 pm
      how many more season do we say NAby just needs games he is great OX needs games Milly is just superb its our weakness even if we dont have options for our front three our midfield doe not have an identity

not one of them is good enough for this team and not one if them would get in any  team in the top four . We have always had class in the middle of the park some you’d drool over and think how the fkin hell did he spot or do that . We got nothing at the mo . Nothing on the bench apart from maybe Jones but he’s still got a long way to go yet but he is better that them three by a long shot . There is no fight,no I’m here yeh little get in the first five mins . And until we bring in abit of a ball player with a bit of nouce abar him . The convo and disagreements on our midfield is gonna carry on . So get yeh dosh out Henry an let Jürgen go shopping
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #717: Jan 02, 2022 07:14:26 pm
      Our MF is old AF. Milner, Hendo, and Thiago are all 30+. Kieta and Ox's bodies are like 41. Love all these guys, but we constantly get out played in that part of the park. Need a rebuild there for sure.

Gini had left a void that I think we ain’t filled yet…

Not everyone’s cup of tea but he was always available & was industrious first us..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,102 posts | 2129 
      Reply #718: Jan 02, 2022 07:14:31 pm
      Very true, but one thing I do not understand is how you can be so close to title glory year after year and not dip into your pocket to maybe keep winning the dam thing. I suppose they are not in the gambling game, even 1% 🤷🏼

Man Utd under Ferguson always got it right. One or two marquee players bought each window. Incremental but gradual change was always occurring.

We've bought wisely with the likes of Konate, Tsimikas coming in. Thiago has promised much but injuries have derailed the sort of impact we all desired. But with the rest maybe we need to be a bit brave now? Like cash in on Mane whilst he is still hot enough (but maybe not as hot as a few years back). Firmino as well? Milner - we all know why he's here because he's a great leader and can still do a utility job. But time is of the essence there as it is with Ox maybe. That's two key midfield roles we'd be looking to refresh and update.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #719: Jan 02, 2022 07:14:41 pm
      Sadio looked sharp today but that will be lost amongst all the noise

I thought great he has got his mojo back but again he became a shadow second half. Mo gets the goals and headlines but Sadio gives defences headaches. God knows who will be up front on Thursday. If we lose 3 players to AFCON will we have a team to put out if Covid strikes us
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #720: Jan 02, 2022 07:14:46 pm
      I think Henderson is on the wane as well. He has spent more time trying to be a F***ing spokesman or politician the last couple of months, shut your F***ing c**t and focus on your job of captaining Liverpool you woke c**t!

There is a saying, EVERYTHING WOKE TURNS TO sh*t!

What the F**k does being woke or anything else have to do with a game of footie you woollyback dickhead?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Reply #721: Jan 02, 2022 07:14:50 pm
      I love Stevie to bits, but I want Pep to take over next. Create a new bootroom
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #722: Jan 02, 2022 07:15:22 pm
      No no WAHS, not all Muslims. You obviously didn't remember rightly. Just the Muslims who have spent the last 2 decades in this country raping little girls and boys and the ones who have blown themselves up killing innocent people in this country. There are millions and millions of good Muslims all over the world and there are also bad ones as well. As with any religion or creed.

I don't judge people on their skin colour or religion, i judge people on their character. But you can associate my honest and factual comments with race or religion if it fits your perception of me, that's fine.

It still doesn't alter the facts, if you don't like the truth then carry on living a lie. Certain people have carried out horrendous crimes against children in this country. i don't care what colour or religion they are, they all deserve to be hanged by the neck until dead.

Please continue this via PM as i think you shouldn't be making false accusations against me on a public forum. The only reason i responded was because it is my right to respond under my human rights and freedom given to me by the many military warriors who died to give me that right.

God Bless You

Wtf do Muslims have to do with rape?

The Quran, from what I've read, clearly indicates that adultury, let alone rape, is punishable by death. So that's Islam's view on rape covered.

Just because some paedos are of Pakistani/south asian origin are you forgetting they're British with big British passports. If they won a gold at the Olympics it would be "British athlete so and so has won gold". It wouldn't be "Muslim athlete so and so has won gold".

What an ignorant statement.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #723: Jan 02, 2022 07:15:41 pm

This.

We better have at least 3 or 4 players lined up this Summer in midfield and attacking areas or we will fall further behind City.

Bellingham and Raphinha for starters.

If we don't sign some big players it's time for FSG to sell up or else we will fall apart as soon as Klopp leaves the club which I hope never happens.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,057 posts | 546 
      Reply #724: Jan 02, 2022 07:17:00 pm

We do not constantly get outplayed in midfield, that's just complete bollocks. Today was a rare case where we actually did get dominated in midfield. Usually we are doing the dominating.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #725: Jan 02, 2022 07:18:12 pm
      Man Utd under Ferguson always got it right. One or two marquee players bought each window. Incremental but gradual change was always occurring.

were did Ferguson get this policy from Shankly of course. We have been bargain hunting for too long look what happens when you go for the best with ALI and VVD you win the top prizes. Naby ,OX, Thiago all have injury issues we simply cant carry them. Hendo looks spent and Milly has given us all he can. Iamgine Gerrard and Alonso in this team City would be shitting themselves
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #726: Jan 02, 2022 07:19:27 pm
      Let's be honest apart from giving away the two goals it was actually a decent game to watch and we did alright all things considered in that 2nd half. Just annoying Salah's chance didn't go in, thought Kelleher pretty much established himself as Ali's understudy, was very good in goal. Disagreed with the decision to take Jota off, but I think one eye was on the semi considering currently he'll be our only match fit first team squad forward unless Origi is back over the next couple of days.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #727: Jan 02, 2022 07:19:48 pm
      Don’t know what to make of that really. We were up against it today, missing a few key players and no klopp was a huge blow in such a game, so in that sense and in normal circumstances a point here would have been a very good result. However, the game was a must win and being 2-0 up and not seeing it out meant it was a poor afternoon for us in the end.

When we scored our second I thought they would lose their heads and we would go on and win the game by three or four. But it was us who lost our heads and right before half time too.  Milner is supposed to be our most experienced player, Mr calm and collected, and he gave the most stupid foul away on the edge of our box which resulted in them getting a goal back. Just sheer F***ing stupidity.

Their second goal I’ll have to watch back but I just remember our back line being all over the place, particularly on that right hand side with Trent and Konate, and  they got in far too easily.  Two great finishes from them it must be said but both could have been easily avoided if we defended properly. It was so poor.

I think the midfield is a big problem for us now. We used to have tons of energy in there but those levels seem to have dropped to me. Has Hendo lost his legs now? I was never a huge admirer of his footballing ability but always respected the miles he put in for the team for others to flourish but I don’t even see that from him nowadays. He was poor again today.

Trent is a problem too. Huge fan of Trent, love him to bits, but he’s had a few poor games too but because we have no decent cover we can’t take him out and give him a breather. The amount of ground he covers he must be desperate for a rest. But the drop off in terms of quality with neco is huge. We need a right from other tsmikas!

If we had won today we were in the title race, just. But it’s over now and anybody who thinks otherwise are kidding themselves to be honest.

Hopefully we win the big one, both domestic cups and clinch second and then FSG have to bloody invest properly because it’s becoming impossible to compete with city now.

It really shows how unbelievable we were that we won the title and the season before pushed them all the way.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #728: Jan 02, 2022 07:19:58 pm
      I don't think they will gamble at all mate but ok the flip side we have strengthened with Taki, Thiago, Tsimikas and Konate along with young Elliott.

If we signed no one I'd agree but we have signed players that on theory have made an already great team stronger.

Take those points.

But in my opinion we keep people who offer nothing like keita , Ox and let players like Gini leave. I dont care what anyone says .... we miss Gini.

Bobby has done nothing for over 2 years now. Hardly scores. Origi has never been good enough to be a consistent scorer/starter.

If we are going to have a small squad ... as Jürgen prefers, we can't have any passengers. What's on the bench has to be as strong as what's on the pitch ... and it isn't.

More concerning is the spine of the team. Ali, VVD and Fabinho ... none of them look right to me. That's the spine of our team.

I'd bring Gini back in Jan if its possible.

And I'm still worried about Mo. In 6 months he goes into his last year and that can't be allowed to happen. He can't leave for free.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,267 posts | 282 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #729: Jan 02, 2022 07:20:37 pm
      I don't think they will gamble at all mate but ok the flip side we have strengthened with Taki, Thiago, Tsimikas and Konate along with young Elliott.

If we signed no one I'd agree but we have signed players that on theory have made an already great team stronger.

I can see both sides mate and agree, just imo and maybe a few others you need to throw the dice to stay on top with who we know can do it easier than us. Oh well, at least we have the best to guide us with what we have eh 💪🏼
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,267 posts | 282 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #730: Jan 02, 2022 07:21:54 pm

We've bought wisely with the likes of Konate, Tsimikas coming in. Thiago has promised much but injuries have derailed the sort of impact we all desired. But with the rest maybe we need to be a bit brave now? Like cash in on Mane whilst he is still hot enough (but maybe not as hot as a few years back). Firmino as well? Milner - we all know why he's here because he's a great leader and can still do a utility job. But time is of the essence there as it is with Ox maybe. That's two key midfield roles we'd be looking to refresh and update.

100% agree with you as well mate
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #731: Jan 02, 2022 07:22:25 pm
      Owen left because he didnt see the investment in the squad and Stevie almost did the same maybe Mo has similar reservations and FSG would be happy to let him go so we can spend his transfer fee
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #732: Jan 02, 2022 07:22:42 pm
      Title gone by 2nd Jan but we can’t be too harsh on the lads, it’s miracle we are still right up bearing the crumbs that Jürgen has at his disposal.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #733: Jan 02, 2022 07:24:13 pm
      Owen left because he didnt see the investment in the squad

And his agent saw the zero's from what he'd get from his cut from a move to Madrid!!

No wonder he couldn't be contacted by Parry for the previous 6 - 12 months.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #734: Jan 02, 2022 07:26:40 pm
      Owen left because he didnt see the investment in the squad and Stevie almost did the same

No. Owen left because he didn’t want the regret of having not played for Madrid when the chance was there and intended on returning like Rush.
      Gerrard nearly left because he didn’t feel like the club wanted him anymore.

At least get it right.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #735: Jan 02, 2022 07:27:35 pm
        Nah not having it but everyone got an opinion . I’ve been saying for months at the match not good enough for our team far to slow in the ball did nothing when he came on in this game . We need to get out there in the transfer window and buy a top top midfielder with vision, a ball player and someone who doesn’t dawdle on the ball. IMO we are loosing our strength and muscle in the middle of the park . I know it’s hard to find but we have always since I’ve been going the game which is a long time had a ball player with vision who knows we’re the ball is gonna be played before he receives it. And Naby is not that player

Got any names of who you’d prefer, who is available from his current club in Jan 🤷‍♂️
      Just asking !

Quick Reply