Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 106265 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #92: Jul 23, 2022 11:27:00 am

And have a pony tale and both struggle with English!!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,263 posts | 1118 
      Reply #93: Jul 27, 2022 09:00:11 pm
      Not at all worried about Darwins form. New team, New country, preseason, etc. Dudes gonna be just fine. What does concern me, just a little, is that he seems to get flustered a little too easy. Dudes clapping back at people on Twitter after 2 preseason games, getting angry and hitting the ground after a poor touch etc. What's he gonna do if he has a 5 game goal drought?

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,499 posts | 826 
      Reply #94: Jul 27, 2022 09:24:44 pm
      Not at all worried about Darwins form. New team, New country, preseason, etc. Dudes gonna be just fine. What does concern me, just a little, is that he seems to get flustered a little too easy. Dudes clapping back at people on Twitter after 2 preseason games, getting angry and hitting the ground after a poor touch etc. What's he gonna do if he has a 5 game goal drought?
      Like you I'm not overly concerned for the same obvious reasons. We won't have long to wait ( this coming season ) to see his reaction to a 5 game drought as all players/strikers go at least 5 without finding the net at some point in the season. It's if he gets to 15 plus games we will get a bit nervous.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #95: Jul 28, 2022 08:39:53 am

Why would there be reason to be worried about it? He literally scored 4 goals in 45 mins last week and yesterday he was isolated up top on his own and didn't get enough support from the youngsters either side of him in what was a front 3 he is unlikely to play in again any time soon. If he has Salah and Diaz either side of him, I'm sure it would have been a different story but he literally had 2-3 defenders around him whenever the ball went into him with no one to help him out and not to mention the quality of the midfield was sloppy and made life harder for the front 3. He was also unlucky not to score with his shot that hit the bar.

As for hitting the ground, it's just frustration because he expectes better from himself, Salah constantly does it.

I can't believe how much has been said about Darwins pre season performances, the most amount of time he has played at once is 45mins and it's been alongside different players every time. Nobody has really consistently stood out in pre-season.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,263 posts | 1118 
      Reply #96: Jul 28, 2022 09:25:28 am
      Why would there be reason to be worried about it? He literally scored 4 goals in 45 mins last week and yesterday he was isolated up top on his own and didn't get enough support from the youngsters either side of him in what was a front 3 he is unlikely to play in again any time soon. If he has Salah and Diaz either side of him, I'm sure it would have been a different story but he literally had 2-3 defenders around him whenever the ball went into him with no one to help him out and not to mention the quality of the midfield was sloppy and made life harder for the front 3. He was also unlucky not to score with his shot that hit the bar.

As for hitting the ground, it's just frustration because he expectes better from himself, Salah constantly does it.

I can't believe how much has been said about Darwins pre season performances, the most amount of time he has played at once is 45mins and it's been alongside different players every time. Nobody has really consistently stood out in pre-season.

Agree on all fronts. Again, very happy with his play. Just saying he seems very emotional and when he clapped back people on social media it struck me as odd.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #97: Jul 30, 2022 08:06:17 pm
       Not bad  8)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #98: Jul 30, 2022 08:12:59 pm
      is that 5 goals in 90 mins and won a penalty too not a bad start.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #99: Jul 30, 2022 08:26:16 pm
      Kid's a  stone cold killer........
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,697 posts | 1652 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #100: Jul 30, 2022 09:58:27 pm
      Loved his goal and his goal celebration even more  :D and what a bod  ;) very easy on the eye...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #101: Jul 31, 2022 01:29:27 am
      His first of many trophies. No wonder he dropped to his knees at the final whistle!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #102: Jul 31, 2022 01:33:39 am
      Good for him to score, take early pressure off from the supporters and media. He definitely give us another different dimension in attack and you seen the impact of that in this game.

PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,088 posts | 634 
      Reply #103: Jul 31, 2022 02:05:16 am
      Yeah, he'll be alright.  :)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #104: Jul 31, 2022 10:35:15 am
      Good for him to score, take early pressure off from the supporters and media. He definitely give us another different dimension in attack and you seen the impact of that in this game.

I totally agree! He will not think about goals, because when a striker thinks, he fails. He needs to do his think through instinct.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #105: Jul 31, 2022 11:27:11 am
      Delighted for Darwin on his first goal in first game at LFC, well done boy!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #106: Jul 31, 2022 11:35:31 am
      He looks electric.

Honestly feel people are going to be talking about how quick he is rather than anything else once the season is done and dusted. 

Him, Salah and Diaz could be absolutely breath taking this season with their speed and direct play. He is a big lad but he still wants to run past defenders on the ball as well as be a threat on the last shoulder.

What we needed was another player who could make the difference against the top four sides, think Klopp believes his found him, let's see!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #107: Jul 31, 2022 11:39:44 am
      Literally just flipped the script and took all pressure off himself and dumped it all on Haaland.

Great start!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #108: Jul 31, 2022 01:59:31 pm
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 890 posts | 103 
      Reply #109: Aug 01, 2022 12:06:22 pm
      how ripped is that guy!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5047 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #110: Aug 07, 2022 08:26:03 am
      I’m saying it now, and I don’t f***in care, Darwin Nunez IS BETTER than Erling Haaland !!

There, it’s out there now, all I want now is for Nunez to prove it…………..don’t forget…………

…………..You all heard it here first   ;)  ;D

Y  N  W  A
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #111: Aug 09, 2022 07:05:55 pm
      Looks a really promising prospect, I am sure Nunez will provide plenty of goals for the side !
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #112: Aug 15, 2022 10:16:31 pm
      Look I’m not one to go after players on their ability but Nunez is not up to the standard of this club. You can tell me it’s been 2 games and a few pre season outings but it’s enough to recognise that the ball bounces off this guy like he’s made of right angles. I just can’t see it with him, he has all the physical attributes but lacks the technical ability and clearly the mentality for a player at this level. What he done there was just pure frustration after an absolutely awful performance.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,540 posts | 3472 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #113: Aug 15, 2022 10:18:10 pm
      Look I’m not one to go after players on their ability but Nunez is not up to the standard of this club. You can tell me it’s been 2 games and a few pre season outings but it’s enough to recognise that the ball bounces off this guy like he’s made of right angles. I just can’t see it with him, he has all the physical attributes but lacks the technical ability and clearly the mentality for a player at this level. What he done there was just pure frustration after an absolutely awful performance.

Christ on a F***ing bike.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #114: Aug 15, 2022 10:25:56 pm
      I don’t take any joy from saying it and fully expect to receive a backlash from the super fans but just saying it as I see it.

Quick Reply