Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Liverpools run in top 4/6

Read 19119 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,577 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Liverpools run in top 4/6
      Reply #161: May 09, 2023 10:53:21 am
      At least our present run of wins making it a bit more interesting, end of season run. Should at least qualify for the Europa league, with an outside chance of CL football next season, it would be a decent achievement, bearing in mind, the way this season has gone.

Think were pretty much nailed on for some sort of European spot now, 1 point guarantee's us top 7 (I think), couple more wins top 6, win all 3, 5th for sure.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,361 posts | 1414 
      Reply #162: May 09, 2023 12:15:32 pm
      Bad result for Brighton but I'd still like to see them get into the Europa League if possible. Spurs deserve nothing this season, but the Euro Conference league would just about sum up their season plus seeing Kane knock about the ragend of European football would be very satisfying.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Reply #163: May 09, 2023 01:36:18 pm
      Fekin have to wait till next monday.

But Imagine Geordies & Mancs drop more points, this next game will be massive for us and Leicester.

Should beat Leicester away ok, I do not think it helped their cause by sacking Brendon. It hopefully will be another 3 points for the Reds, on Monday night.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,577 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #164: May 09, 2023 01:41:34 pm
      Should beat Leicester away ok, I do not think it helped their cause by sacking Brendon. It hopefully will be another 3 points for the Reds, on Monday night.

Yup. especially replacing him with a negative manager. Players heads must be spinning.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Reply #165: May 09, 2023 01:54:33 pm
      Yup. especially replacing him with a negative manager. Players heads must be spinning.

Hope their Keeper's head is spinning on Monday night, by the goals the Reds could put in the back of the net !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,577 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #166: May 09, 2023 03:26:44 pm
      Hope their Keeper's head is spinning on Monday night, by the goals the Reds could put in the back of the net !

l o l

hope so too.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #167: May 09, 2023 07:14:55 pm
      Bad result for Brighton but I'd still like to see them get into the Europa League if possible. Spurs deserve nothing this season, but the Euro Conference league would just about sum up their season plus seeing Kane knock about the ragend of European football would be very satisfying.

That would be cool, but I expect Kane will be somewhere else next season.
      Harrisimo

• 8,361 posts | 1414 
      Reply #168: May 10, 2023 09:30:13 pm
      Leicester next up. Ditched Rodgers, more for their poor defensive play. Took on Dean Smith, knows the game for sure but really needed a high profile man. Someone who makes the players think.."I want to show this guy I can play"..don't think Dean meets that brief.

Could've had a word with Stevie G...or even a certain Mr.Benitez. He would've sorted the defense for a start. But no, so we face Leicester under Smith. Stuffed by Fulham, so they might rebound, but I think they are on the floor, so we have to make sure they stay there. We are back in form, still needs fine tuning but we should have more than enough to put them away.

0-2.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,088 posts | 2116 
      Reply #169: May 10, 2023 10:31:52 pm
      Leicester next up. Ditched Rodgers, more for their poor defensive play. Took on Dean Smith, knows the game for sure but really needed a high profile man. Someone who makes the players think.."I want to show this guy I can play"..don't think Dean meets that brief.

Could've had a word with Stevie G...or even a certain Mr.Benitez. He would've sorted the defense for a start. But no, so we face Leicester under Smith. Stuffed by Fulham, so they might rebound, but I think they are on the floor, so we have to make sure they stay there. We are back in form, still needs fine tuning but we should have more than enough to put them away.

0-2.

Good shout on Rafa. If they didn't ask then they're F***ing idiots. Even if they had gone down under Rafa, he would have been game for taking them back up given his past experience with Newcastle.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,577 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #170: May 11, 2023 08:14:26 am

0-2.

Rafa yes, stevie no.

Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #171: May 11, 2023 07:13:52 pm

I didn’t even realise they’d sacked him!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Reply #172: May 11, 2023 09:18:43 pm
      I didn’t even realise they’d sacked him!

Where have you been lately !
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #173: May 13, 2023 06:13:32 pm
      The Barcodes dropping points to Leeds today. Nice.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,577 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #174: May 16, 2023 08:52:58 am
      Still need geordies or mancs to drop points, but at least weve made it interesting.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #175: May 16, 2023 10:31:24 am
      Still need geordies or mancs to drop points, but at least weve made it interesting.

if we win our games and finish 5th that is still a massive effort from the boys and it bodes well for next season I think they will be really hungry for more silverware. Its all settled down now and we seem to be a really focused and playing as a team again
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 795 
      Reply #176: May 16, 2023 11:09:12 am
      I can see both Brighton & Chelsea getting at least a draw against Newcastle..Let's face it Newcastle are nothing special.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,577 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #177: May 16, 2023 11:17:53 am
      if we win our games and finish 5th that is still a massive effort from the boys and it bodes well for next season I think they will be really hungry for more silverware. Its all settled down now and we seem to be a really focused and playing as a team again

100% mate. We were 9th at one stage and playing very badly so even to secure top 6 is some effort as you say.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,577 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #178: May 16, 2023 11:18:51 am
      I can see both Brighton & Chelsea getting at least a draw against Newcastle..Let's face it Newcastle are nothing special.

Yea, Im defo more hopeful of the geordies dropping points over the mancs, but who knows, be funny if they both lost thier games and us and brighton catch them. l o l
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 795 
      Reply #179: May 16, 2023 11:56:30 am
      Yea, Im defo more hopeful of the geordies dropping points over the mancs, but who knows, be funny if they both lost thier games and us and brighton catch them. l o l
      I see MacAllister wants to go to a Champions league club...Well score a hat-rick against Newcastle, that might get you to the promised land. I know we're all buzzing due to the renaissance of form over the past month or so, getting 4th would feel like a trophy.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,577 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #180: May 16, 2023 12:43:45 pm
      I see MacAllister wants to go to a Champions league club...Well score a hat-rick against Newcastle, that might get you to the promised land. I know we're all buzzing due to the renaissance of form over the past month or so, getting 4th would feel like a trophy.

haha that would be class.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 842 posts | 302 
      Reply #181: May 16, 2023 08:31:21 pm
      I think that Leicester could get something from the Newcastle game. They were generally awful against us but they defended ok for the first 20mins. They need to win or draw the game against Newcastle to have any realistic chance of staying in PL. Get the first goal and maybe it can go their way.

rossyred

• 9,309 posts | 1670 
      Reply #182: May 16, 2023 08:52:41 pm
      I think that Leicester could get something from the Newcastle game. They were generally awful against us but they defended ok for the first 20mins. They need to win or draw the game against Newcastle to have any realistic chance of staying in PL. Get the first goal and maybe it can go their way.

I will show my ass at Townclock if they get anything they are down and out and already resigned to championship football and no way they get anything up there
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,450 posts | 2844 
      Reply #183: May 16, 2023 09:06:12 pm
      I can't see United or Newcastle dropping any points to be honest, let alone the four needed for us to get in front of them.

Still, all we can do is win our two and keep them both honest.

Quick Reply