Trending Topics

Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq

Read 28823 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Re: Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq
      Reply #414: Jul 19, 2023 10:49:12 pm
      when do we get the obligatory letter saying how great we all are and will be forever fondly remembered.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #415: Jul 19, 2023 11:16:02 pm
      Just goes to show that grown up men or women in fact  shouldn’t treat their favourite players as hero’s.
      Tbf we are one of the worst with our huge murals painted on every corner of Liverpool. No wonder it goes to their head.

Treat them as somebody who has hit the jackpot of playing for the greatest team in the world for the few years they are here rather than treating them as some sort of messiahs.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,067 posts | 548 
      Reply #416: Jul 19, 2023 11:25:54 pm
      Pure hypocrisy from Hendo, really disappointing to see somebody I thought was a decent guy sell out his principles. Even more pathetic given he was earning a packet with us anyway. But, there you go, another footballer is a mercenary, shocker.

I think this hurts our chances quite a bit next season. Yes he would not have played every game, and we were already bringing in long term replacements. But he was club captain and hugely experienced. It'll be a big challenge to get a very new, young, midfield to gel quickly. And we've now lost our 3 most experienced midfielders all at once. Far from ideal, and there's not too many obvious replacements of similar experience and proven leadership qualities.

I don't wish him the best at all. Feel he's let us and himself down, big time. But F**k him, we move on. Hopefully Jürgen can find a serious replacement somewhere. I like Amrabat but it seems he is set on Athletico Madrid. Nobody else is really jumping out at me at this point. Kalvin Phillips? Like him too but something doesn't seem right since he went to City. Shame we didnt know about Hendo sooner as might have changed the club's thinking on some of the big guns that we already passed on.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #417: Jul 19, 2023 11:28:16 pm
      Pure hypocrisy from Hendo, really disappointing to see somebody I thought was a decent guy sell out his principles. Even more pathetic given he was earning a packet with us anyway. But, there you go, another footballer is a mercenary, shocker.

I think this hurts our chances quite a bit next season. Yes he would not have played every game, and we were already bringing in long term replacements. But he was club captain and hugely experienced. It'll be a big challenge to get a very new, young, midfield to gel quickly. And we've now lost our 3 most experienced midfielders all at once. Far from ideal, and there's not too many obvious replacements of similar experience and proven leadership qualities.

I don't wish him the best at all. Feel he's let us and himself down, big time. But F**k him, we move on. Hopefully Jürgen can find a serious replacement somewhere. I like Amrabat but it seems he is set on Athletico Madrid. Nobody else is really jumping out at me at this point. Kalvin Phillips? Like him too but something doesn't seem right since he went to City. Shame we didnt know about Hendo sooner as might have changed the club's thinking on some of the big guns that we already passed on.

Nice rant.

You seem butt sore. ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #418: Jul 19, 2023 11:42:22 pm
      Just goes to show that grown up men or women in fact  shouldn’t treat their favourite players as hero’s.
      Tbf we are one of the worst with our huge murals painted on every corner of Liverpool. No wonder it goes to their head.

Treat them as somebody who has hit the jackpot of playing for the greatest team in the world for the few years they are here rather than treating them as some sort of messiahs.

They say never meet your heroes.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #419: Jul 20, 2023 01:13:40 am
      Have to look on the positive side. Others have the chance to take on more of a leadership role, we accelerate our midfield refresh, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and though disappointing to see Hendo leave in this way I don't hold it against him with any great passion as the game is full of this type of behaviour. Had hoped he would stay, thought he might have taken a more Milner-esque approach to his position of seniority but never mind, we move on, as we always do.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #420: Jul 20, 2023 01:56:29 am
      I feel Klopp is happy to get rid of Fab and Hendo without much noise. Its the same like with Bobby or Origi or Shaq or Mané. They were done here but left early enough not to become a pain in the azz for themselves and Klopp.

I feel we have enough firepower IF we stay healthy…and since we do not have CL burden (EL group stages will get League-Cup treatment) that condition looks realistic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #421: Jul 20, 2023 04:21:20 am

Very good, it’s actually very true when you put it like that. Like I’ve always said though, arguably 99% of footballers greedy kunts.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 631 posts | 61 
      Reply #422: Jul 20, 2023 06:23:58 am
      Very suprised with Hendo, thought he had more about him than that. Its not like he was poorly paid, Carragher saying he's gone for life changing money, i am pretty sure his current Liverpool salary most people would consider that life changing money. He has been a good player for the club, but never got close to Gerrards level, and his best days are behind him, so probably best we cashed in on him.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #423: Jul 20, 2023 06:40:56 am
      Have to look on the positive side. Others have the chance to take on more of a leadership role, we accelerate our midfield refresh, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and though disappointing to see Hendo leave in this way I don't hold it against him with any great passion as the game is full of this type of behaviour. Had hoped he would stay, thought he might have taken a more Milner-esque approach to his position of seniority but never mind, we move on, as we always do.

This. 👍
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #424: Jul 20, 2023 06:59:42 am
      I just hope we're buying another good CM/DM now that it's set. Otherwise it's simply a bad deal for us. Thiago is unreliable and Fabinho is currently the only senior player and he himself might be going or worse, he could never find his form again. We need reinforcement. We lost 3 CM – Ox, Keita and Milner – already, and bought 2. If we lose Henderson, we need a replacement.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #425: Jul 20, 2023 07:44:23 am
      12.mill + addons.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #426: Jul 20, 2023 08:05:54 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #427: Jul 20, 2023 08:11:55 am
      Same lad phoned in to talkshite and said hendo was brave going to saudi becuase of his LGBT+ stance. the fans and people will know what he thinks about thier culture.

Interesting take on it, never thought of it that way.

Reminds of an old Queen song "fight from the inside" :)  :action-smiley-035:
      Millsy75
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts | 49 
      Reply #428: Jul 20, 2023 11:40:38 am
      Irreplaceable from a mentality point of view ,for a measly 12m quid to the richest people on planet earth.less than a mth to start at chelsea
      Purely to get him of the wage bill.hate these cu*ts and were winning fa this year
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #429: Jul 20, 2023 11:45:27 am
      Reminds of an old Queen song "fight from the inside" :)  :action-smiley-035:

or "another one bites the dust"
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #430: Jul 20, 2023 11:47:55 am

It's the way of the game, there are exceptions with the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, Ronaldinho etc who defy the age process to an extent but when the legs go any sell on fee is affected.
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2023 12:20:34 pm by stuey »
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #431: Jul 20, 2023 11:50:56 am
      I’m not sure this completely a sone deal. Obviously the wages and fee are agreed but I suspect Hendo is considering the backlash that will come his way (and has already begun to) should he make this move.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #432: Jul 20, 2023 11:51:22 am
      Irreplaceable from a mentality point of view ,for a measly 12m quid to the richest people on planet earth.less than a mth to start at chelsea
      Purely to get him of the wage bill.hate these cu*ts and were winning fa this year

If we hold on to the veterans it's sure as F**k we'll win nothing!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,149 posts | 2147 
      Reply #433: Jul 20, 2023 11:54:52 am

Your post would make sense if it was actually true that Henderson was being forced out by FSG against his own wishes.

But that's not the case so your post looks utterly ridiculous. A pathetic grievance agenda that will bend the the facts of the matter to suit your agenda.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #434: Jul 20, 2023 11:58:23 am

Guess you aren’t from the city

Not sure you will understand the connection the players have with local fans and why some deserve murals
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #435: Jul 20, 2023 12:03:23 pm

Isn’t it Henderson that wants to leave ?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #436: Jul 20, 2023 12:05:37 pm
      or "another one bites the dust"

l o l

Quick Reply