Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool - In game and Post Match discussion

Read 11396 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,592 posts | 1503 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool - In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Aug 13, 2023 07:00:17 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,194 posts | 3477 
      Reply #438: Aug 13, 2023 07:01:53 pm
      Why would I want F***ing Chelsea to win ;D ? We played so bad, and if we don't make new signings it's going to be legendary against Newcastle.

Bournemouth is next
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #439: Aug 13, 2023 07:02:39 pm
      Robertson again poor and a combination of his own gradual decline and playing a role that simply doesn't suit him.

A LCB or LB who can play CB is almost as vital to this system as a DM.

I thought both full backs were poor today. A couple of balls played by Trent were lazy, gave away possession and immediately put us in trouble.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 156 
      Reply #440: Aug 13, 2023 07:03:30 pm

I didn't mention Bournemouth because we could get away against with no DM, however Newcastle is a must win game
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,194 posts | 3477 
      Reply #441: Aug 13, 2023 07:03:42 pm
      Chelsea are going to be in the mix for the top 4

That Jackson guy through the middle is going to cause some issues for teams
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #442: Aug 13, 2023 07:04:53 pm
      I didn't mention Bournemouth because we could get away against with no DM, however Newcastle is a must win game

"Must win"

Do you know how much of a tw*t you sound right now?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,194 posts | 3477 
      Reply #443: Aug 13, 2023 07:05:48 pm

Since when did the 3rd game of the season become a “must win”
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 156 
      Reply #444: Aug 13, 2023 07:06:28 pm
      "Must win"

Do you know how much of a tw*t you sound right now?

It is a must win ? what F**k are you on about ? If we don't win that game and then we are left behind. Have you read our players interviews ? they want to win league not finish 4th for CL spot.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #445: Aug 13, 2023 07:07:00 pm
      The result will not be the worst result of ours this season by any means, so no point getting too hung up on not getting the win, but a few things did stick out to me.

Let's start with a positive, the midfield duo of Mac and Dom looked brilliant, they both were making great passes and opening up space with their precise and innovative passes and runs, Tren mixed in with them both to a great effect. Gakpo unfortunately didn't seem to quite click in his position today but the other two were great Dom was making great overlapping runs down both flanks, Mac was calm on the ball and played a couple of brilliant quick-fire passes forward.

Another positive for me was the front three for the first half, they were electric at times, that goal was prime Liverpool under Klopp, Salah looked brilliant, so I am shocked to have seen him come off. Diaz did really well at times cutting in and Jota looked a nuisance applying the high press and winning the ball back a few times.

Now onto the negatives and yes it is nothing new but this is a forum so ongoing issues shall be discussed. I am worried, we have changed formation/system yet still have the same defenders who are performing the exact same as last season. All our defenders seem to lack the ability to position themselves correctly when playing the high line, yet some are still pushing up.

VVD for me is a real concern, he is supposed to be our best defender yet any through ball seems to go in behind him or leave him flat-footed, if it wasn't for Konate we could have had two goals conceded due to VVD being completely flat-footed. That kind of thing is not a form thing, he just doesn't have the legs anymore to get to where he needs to be, we need another CB to push for either his or Konate's position.

A little not on the officiating, I don't see how the second goal of ours was offside, I thought for sure they should have had the line on their CB, not the LB and we definitely should have had a pen. But if we walked a way from Stamford Bridge it would have papered over the cracks in our defense which need to be addressed with recruitment this summer, either with a game-changing CDM or a CB.

YNWA

riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #446: Aug 13, 2023 07:07:12 pm
      Macallister and szoboszlai had impressive debuts and will both be a big hot for us this season.
      It was definitely a penalty, No doubt about it.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 156 
      Reply #447: Aug 13, 2023 07:07:31 pm
      Since when did the 3rd game of the season become a “must win”

Because when City are in the league every game is a must win if you want to challenge them. Look at how perfect Arsenal were during the first half of the season and still lost the league.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #448: Aug 13, 2023 07:10:16 pm
      It is a must win ? what F**k are you on about ? If we don't win that game and then we are left behind. Have you read our players interviews ? they want to win league not finish 4th for CL spot.

So every game is a must win then. So no point worrying about Newcastle, when Bournemouth is next.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 156 
      Reply #449: Aug 13, 2023 07:13:17 pm
      So every game is a must win then. So no point worrying about Newcastle, when Bournemouth is next.

I'm not worrying about Bournemouth because we can beat them even without DM but Newcastle are very good and we need the DM sorted and signed before we play them.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,216 posts | 841 
      Reply #450: Aug 13, 2023 07:21:14 pm
      Robertson lost his legs. Poor all around and Chelsea targeted him all game.

We looked good first 25 min then I don’t know what happened. Gakpo is never a midfielder and Jota was poor.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #451: Aug 13, 2023 07:22:55 pm

We looked good first 25 min then I don’t know what happened. Gakpo is never a midfielder and Jota was poor.

Our defenders showed their vunlerability, our midfield then lost composure and the rest is history.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,194 posts | 3477 
      Reply #452: Aug 13, 2023 07:24:32 pm

Klopp just explained that Robbo was a bit too exposed having to look after both James and needed Gakpo and Diaz to help him more
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,162 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #453: Aug 13, 2023 07:25:17 pm

Come on lad to early to be going in the knee jerk thread after one game.   :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,630 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #454: Aug 13, 2023 07:26:14 pm

Chelsea doubled up on Robbo.
      His heat map shows that he’s still playing like a wingback.
      Probably why our shape looked more like a 4-3-3 at the end.
      Too often early on we’re there only 2 at the back and maybe Mac Allister in front of them.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #455: Aug 13, 2023 07:26:51 pm
      Come on lad to early to be going in the knee jerk thread after one game.   :lmao:

I thought you were a veteran here?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,162 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #456: Aug 13, 2023 07:28:54 pm
      I thought you were a veteran here?

Gone over my head with that one mate.    :f_doh: Can you explain. 🤔
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #457: Aug 13, 2023 07:29:47 pm
      Gone over my head with that one mate.    :f_doh: Can you explain. 🤔

This is the new era of LFCREDS, knee jerk reactions is what we do now ;D
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,216 posts | 841 
      Reply #458: Aug 13, 2023 07:32:39 pm
      Chelsea doubled up on Robbo.
      His heat map shows that he’s still playing like a wingback.
      Probably why our shape looked more like a 4-3-3 at the end.
      Too often early on we’re there only 2 at the back and maybe Mac Allister in front of them.

This is why we need a “number six”. McAllister is not suited for a deeper role. Gakpo should be playing upfront instead of Jota (a squad player at best). Diaz should do more defensively but we still have the same defensive problems we had from last season.

Positives are that Mcallister and Sobozlai look way better than Fabinho, Henderson and Keita.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,194 posts | 3477 
      Reply #459: Aug 13, 2023 07:36:18 pm
      This is why we need a “number six”. McAllister is not suited for a deeper role. Gakpo should be playing upfront instead of Jota (a squad player at best). Diaz should do more defensively but we still have the same defensive problems we had from last season.

Positives are that Mcallister and Sobozlai look way better than Fabinho, Henderson and Keita.

Yep - get a Lavia or Caicedo in there and it changes the whole outlook of the middle

I think MacAllister can work there against the lesser lights of the league

Quick Reply