Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Ryan Gravenberch Player Thread (M)

Read 15306 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Ryan Gravenberch Player Thread (M)
      Reply #69: Oct 27, 2023 12:16:37 am
      We've got a real baller on our hands here lads.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #70: Oct 27, 2023 01:28:23 am
      We've got a real baller on our hands here lads.

Absolutely!!  He's so athletic and also very skillful and talented!!  Him and Dom are gonna boss the middle for the next 8 years!!
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #71: Oct 27, 2023 07:42:06 am
      Expected to see more posts on this lad last night he was absolutely terrific last night. Really impressive and got the goal he deserved to cap a fine performance. He was so good in tight spaces but has the touch and awareness to make space for himself and he also dribbled with the ball and broke lines. Made a few tackles as well which we hadn’t really seen up till now. So much potential.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #72: Oct 27, 2023 08:54:11 am
      Aye, looking good. he has some touch.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #73: Oct 27, 2023 10:01:09 am
      Got a great engine this lad. Along with Dom we now have midfielders who can carry the ball and not just pass sideways. Goal threat too.

I'm not currently sure if we're the pressing monsters we used to be. With trent moving infield I'm not sure what our identity is. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

Really good game from Grav last night.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #74: Oct 27, 2023 10:10:11 am
      Gave Ryan man of match for his very impressive performance last night.  I hope he is in the starting line up against Notts Forest on Sunday.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #75: Oct 27, 2023 04:39:44 pm
      Exactly what we need in Midfield. He gets the ball and looks to go forward always. Has a good touch, covers a lot of ground and his long legs means he can snake the ball off people pretty easily. I was skeptical when we bought him that he's what we needed but it looks like I'm the idiot because he looks like exactly what we needed.

harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #76: Oct 27, 2023 10:57:51 pm
      Exactly what we need in Midfield. He gets the ball and looks to go forward always. Has a good touch, covers a lot of ground and his long legs means he can snake the ball off people pretty easily. I was skeptical when we bought him that he's what we needed but it looks like I'm the idiot because he looks like exactly what we needed.

He looks like a special talent.  I think the biggest question is where him and Mac play.  Ale has looked a little lost at the #6 -- gets caught in possession and gives away too many fouls.  I would personally look to groom Grav into the #6 role, but Klopp seems to want Mac there with Ryan and Dom ad the #8's.  No matter how you set it up, we have 3 quality CM's now 😎
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #77: Nov 25, 2023 06:32:14 pm
      Looked very good in possession tonight. He runs with the ball as well as any of our mids. Most our mids stayed in traffic tonight, but he ran through it and created space for our goal. I wanna see him get a run of games with Macca and Szobo
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #78: Dec 03, 2023 03:54:07 pm
      Had a nice start to his life with us but he now plays like he is prime Zinedine Zidane or something. Just jogs around without the ball. Gives the ball away like he plays for the other team.

Needs a good period of riding the bench.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #79: Dec 03, 2023 05:09:19 pm
      Had a nice start to his life with us but he now plays like he is prime Zinedine Zidane or something. Just jogs around without the ball. Gives the ball away like he plays for the other team.

Needs a good period of riding the bench.

Him and Dom are exactly the same. Both started well and now coasting through games.

Both need the bench in midweek.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #80: Dec 03, 2023 08:27:30 pm
      His fitness was lacking, thought he should have been taken off before the other two tbh.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #81: Dec 03, 2023 09:49:57 pm
      Deffo an off day for him today, quite wasteful in possession and clearly he needs to show up more without the ball. Jones never got a proper run in the team until he developed his pressing game and work off the ball. I th8nk Ryan needs a similar message.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #82: Dec 04, 2023 11:11:15 am
      His fitness was lacking, thought he should have been taken off before the other two tbh.

Seemed to tire just before Fulham equalised.

Would of personally took Dom and Ryan off and left Mac Allister on.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #83: Dec 04, 2023 03:53:12 pm
      Was skeptical that he was the midfielder we needed when we bought him but he's quickly becoming a favorite for me. He's so good with the ball and his long legs...it's like having a quicker, more technical Matip in midfield. :D
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #84: Dec 04, 2023 05:54:58 pm
      Anonymous yesterday
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #85: Dec 10, 2023 09:26:29 pm
      Him and Dom are exactly the same. Both started well and now coasting through games.

Absolutely spot on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #86: Dec 23, 2023 10:17:15 pm
      Has a long way to go before he can be thought of as a starter so sloppy in possession and does the minimal amount off the ball.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #87: Dec 24, 2023 10:13:41 am
      had 1 or 2 good games against poor opposition.

I was very underwhelmed when we signed him and thought he wasn't as good as people said he was.

shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #88: Dec 24, 2023 11:00:24 am
      Has a long way to go before he can be thought of as a starter so sloppy in possession and does the minimal amount off the ball.

Yea haven't been over impressed with him either.

Didn't is too much sh*t him before we signed him and he may take this season to really settle with us
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 848 posts | 303 
      Reply #89: Dec 24, 2023 11:45:20 am
      had 1 or 2 good games against poor opposition.

I was very underwhelmed when we signed him and thought he wasn't as good as people said he was.

shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11.

He needs more time to adjust to the Premier league. Didn't play much football last season and he's moved to the most competitive league in the world.

We need to give him time to adapt and develop his game, he's still young. Look at Endo. 1 month ago he was a waste of money, now he's a bargain. Ths squad needs time to grow together. Most of us assumed this would be a season of transition, we are doing much better than I expected.

I think we need to be patient with all the younger players, including Gravenberch. I think maybe only Ali, Virgil, Mo, Robertson, Matip, Thiago, maybe Trent and Gomez should be considered as mature Premier league players in their prime. All the rest can have periods when they are below par due to youth or adjustment to a new league/country.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,109 posts | 2129 
      Reply #90: Dec 24, 2023 11:56:45 am
      His performance when he came on yesterday was bloody awful. Shocking to see at football league level let alone Premier League level. Needs to get it into his noggin that he's not here for a F***ing jolly.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #91: Dec 24, 2023 01:12:21 pm
      Not going to write the guy off for a poor 20 minutes after coming back from injury. Or for being inconsistent in his handful of games before that. Got to give players a chance to settle in.

Quick Reply