Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

What exactly is Hicks about?

Read 1539 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      What exactly is Hicks about?
      Dec 31, 2007 01:07:05 am
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/sport/2007/12/30/sfnliv330.xml

Hicks sure had a lot to say in the above article I saw in the Telegraph: from making subliminal snide comments to odd comments about language barrier etc.

What we really need is a progressive Liverpool FC, not someone who wants to tear the team apart!  ???
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: What exactly is Hicks about?
      Reply #1: Dec 31, 2007 02:34:57 am
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,5736.0.html

Read that.

That interview Hicks gave has been cut and snipped by different news outlets into what they think will make the headlines, and it's annoying when we can see his words are taken out of context. Never take anything you read at face value....
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #2: Dec 31, 2007 10:26:51 am
      Best thing that Hicks could do is

"Shut-up and focus on financing the club"

Ring a bell Tom?
      tommyLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts | -4 
      Reply #3: Dec 31, 2007 12:11:57 pm
      So where do rafas short comings feature in this? Seems hicks is getting stick for saying make do with what you have got. But we have enough already.
      tjbear
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #4: Dec 31, 2007 12:39:39 pm
      with the sale off other players Rafa only spent 17m no were near the likes off chelsea,man u city and portsmouth I even think sunderland spent more dont tell me we cant compete with sunderland and portsmouth in the transfer market it was the ground plans & money for transfers that saw of the Dubai deal, Now the plans have been downgraded and there moaning about the money rafa has spent sounds like a couple of conmen to me Rafa is doing a great job let him concentrate on it & not have to be looking over his shoulder all the time why dont the yanks kill all speculations and just let everyone know where were at and where we are going to stop the gutter press making it up
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #5: Dec 31, 2007 01:23:35 pm
      with the sale off other players Rafa only spent 17m no were near the likes off chelsea,man u city and portsmouth I even think sunderland spent more dont tell me we cant compete with sunderland and portsmouth in the transfer market it was the ground plans & money for transfers that saw of the Dubai deal, Now the plans have been downgraded and there moaning about the money rafa has spent sounds like a couple of conmen to me Rafa is doing a great job let him concentrate on it & not have to be looking over his shoulder all the time why dont the yanks kill all speculations and just let everyone know where were at and where we are going to stop the gutter press making it up

Top post fella, my exact thoughts on these two.

The club and stadium and players are a tad more expensive than they thought - especially for Hicks who came in lastminute.com style... Parry's promises galore merchant has a hell of a lot to answer for... starting with Rafa to whom he promised money to build a world-class, prem winning, squad... which he HASN'T DONE!
      SPARKYMK
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 31, 2007 01:34:38 pm
      Dont get drawn into this media "whip anything up to unstabalise LFC" craze.
      Read the article in full and you will see that there are probabaly  2-3 negative comments which the media report and about 25-30 positive references from Hicks about Rafa etc that the media do not report.
      Look backover the Rafa years....It started with the media and pundits having a go at Rafa about zonal marking, remember that. I think that stats in the 1st year showed LFC as having the best defense against set pieces.
      So the media moved on to Stevie G not playing in central MF. This angle from the media & pundits is still being thrown in to the mix when it suits. It is clear that LFC are far better with Stevie G out of CM to do his stuff where it hurts. Then it is rotation, rotation, Rafa makes a few changes and drop points and he is blasted for "rotation". Manure gets beaten and Ferguson "rests" Ronaldo and not a word, rests Rooney and they get beat and guess what not a word......"Rest" my case. Slated for going to city and not winning, even though we battered them, yet when Manure went there and got beat I think the strongest comment used was "that was a surprise".
      So this reporting is the same sh*** being thrown out there by the Media which is largely London dominated and  Manchester dominated so its obviously Bull****.
      My personal opinion on Hicks is "wait and see" if he does back LFC with finanacial clout.
      On LFC - We are not out of it, but in reality we have only a decent squad, not a great squad. With 5-6 excellent players and a couple or 3 World Class players we will find it hard to challenge teams like the manure who have 5-6 world class players. We need 2-3 more 20 million + players...1 up top with Torres, a creative spark in the ilk of Kaka, Rui Costa, and a centre half.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Dec 31, 2007 04:00:47 pm
      The media are still trying to drag something on after so many days from the original article. Tiresome.

Original article here: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,5718.0.html

Quick Reply