Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Our Team - The Reason !

Read 6125 times
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Our Team - The Reason !
      Feb 16, 2008 09:09:25 pm
      We're all looking for reason...here show's it...plain and simple:

Look at our strongest XI team...and keep the players you'd want for next season:

Reina, Carra, Agger, Arbeloa, Gerrard, Masch and Torres.

7 players !

A Big Maybe over Babel and Lucas.

We are currently 4 players short of having any chance of competing.  SIMPLE!
      « Last Edit: Feb 16, 2008 09:53:29 pm by Richobaz »
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Re: Our Team - The Reason !
      Reply #1: Feb 16, 2008 09:12:40 pm
      Add an extra man to that......

PACKO
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #2: Feb 16, 2008 09:16:35 pm
      We're all looking for reason...here show's it...plan and simple:

Look at our strongest XI team...and keep the players you'd want for next season:

7 players !

On a more serious note, even if Rafa had a fully fit squad to pick from, he ain't gonna put the so called strongest 11 out. Most sane LFC fans no what the strongest 11 is. As long as we have Rafa who we trust in, then we will always have rotation, im keeping my fingers crossed though for next season so that Rafa see"s the light and plays most games with his strongest 11, and only chopping and changing if he really needs to.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Feb 16, 2008 09:27:15 pm
      We're all looking for reason...here show's it...plan and simple:

7 players !

Its not really a big maybe over babel and lucas because lucas has done wel this season and will be great in the future. Babel was one of our better players today and has scored some great goals, he is also one for the future so i would add them to the list of deffo staying
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #4: Feb 16, 2008 09:34:38 pm
      Not talking squad players - I'm talking starting XI.  We are currently missing a world class, Left-back, Right Winger, Left Winger and Partner for Torres.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Feb 16, 2008 09:35:29 pm
      Reina, Carra, Agger, Finnan, Arbeloa, Gerrard, Masch, , Torres.  8 players.

So who can fill the blocks?  Quaresma?  Berbatov?  Villa?  Aguero?  Henry maybe?

-----------------------Reina----------------------
      Finnan--------Carra-----------Agger---------Arbeloa
      ??-------Gerrard-------Masch---------??
      ----------------Torres-----------??------------
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #6: Feb 16, 2008 09:38:53 pm
      Reina, Carra, Agger, Finnan, Arbeloa, Gerrard, Masch, , Torres.  8 players.

So who can fill the blocks?  Quaresma?  Berbatov?  Villa?  Aguero?  Henry maybe?

-----------------------Reina----------------------
      Finnan--------Carra-----------Agger---------Arbeloa
      ??-------Gerrard-------Masch---------??
      ----------------Torres-----------??------------

Arbeloa's not a left back mate!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: Feb 16, 2008 09:43:11 pm
      Could of sworn he's played there before for us.

He can play there in football manager (yeah I know football manager not based on real etc...)

I'm sure he'd do a more capable job there than Aurelio or Riise in that position any way!

Come on then Richo.  Help me out here.  Need to fill these blanks!  :D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #8: Feb 16, 2008 09:45:52 pm
      On a more serious note, even if Rafa had a fully fit squad to pick from, he ain't gonna put the so called strongest 11 out. Most sane LFC fans no what the strongest 11 is. As long as we have Rafa who we trust in, then we will always have rotation, im keeping my fingers crossed though for next season so that Rafa see"s the light and plays most games with his strongest 11, and only chopping and changing if he really needs to.

Christ but I'm getting sick of hearing Rafa bashing today! I've kept my mouth shut and have been as gutted as we all have by the result, but FFS these are the best players Rafa has been able to put together with regards to the budget he has been given! Plus, the guy has been investing in the best young talent there is available... what are you looking for ? A quick-fix Chelski team to follow? I think most of us are intelligent enough to understand that forming a TEAM isn't quite so simple.
      If we are to react to quickly in the face of a painful defeat, why don't we sack our manager, like Arsenal did with Arsene Wenger when they lost in the Champion's League final... Oh, hang on, they didn't. Where are they in the Premiership this season?
      Do you really think that Alcoholic Ferguson could have brought the Mancs the Champions League trophy with the same squad?
      Why can't we accept the fact that sometimes sh*t happens? That because we are Liverpool all is not necessarily due to us? Because we all love our club despite our differences, I think.
      Consistency is the only way forward, In Rafa I Trust.
      And you?
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #9: Feb 16, 2008 09:49:45 pm
      He has played there for us - but only cause we have JAR and Aurelio there - say's it all doesn't it!!!!  He's right footed.

Haven't got a clue who we should sign - probably most of the names that have been mentioned on here countless times:

Villa - CF.
      Lennon - RW
      Left back - Aint got a clue !
      Left Wing - Aint got a clue !
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #10: Feb 16, 2008 09:52:36 pm
      Christ but I'm getting sick of hearing Rafa bashing today! I've kept my mouth shut and have been as gutted as we all have by the result, but FFS these are the best players Rafa has been able to put together with regards to the budget he has been given! Plus, the guy has been investing in the best young talent there is available... what are you looking for ? A quick-fix Chelski team to follow? I think most of us are intelligent enough to understand that forming a TEAM isn't quite so simple.
      If we are to react to quickly in the face of a painful defeat, why don't we sack our manager, like Arsenal did with Arsene Wenger when they lost in the Champion's League final... Oh, hang on, they didn't. Where are they in the Premiership this season?
      Do you really think that Alcoholic Ferguson could have brought the Mancs the Champions League trophy with the same squad?
      Why can't we accept the fact that sometimes sh*t happens? That because we are Liverpool all is not necessarily due to us? Because we all love our club despite our differences, I think.
      Consistency is the only way forward, In Rafa I Trust.
      And you?

Hear what you're saying - but where's the development - and how long do you give someone to improve the situation?  Surely...you act sooner rather than later...when you see a gap appearing like it is at the moment !
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #11: Feb 16, 2008 09:54:27 pm
      You've got a good idea of Lennon.  I said ages a go we should of signed him.  But Pennant does do the job.  So I wouldn't be too fussed if we didn't sign a RW in the summer.

Deffo need a left winger though.  Speculation is increasing in Spain that Quaresma could be on his way to Madrid... Real that being.

I wonder if Joaquin can play on the left...
      FIVESTAR
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -11 
      Reply #12: Feb 16, 2008 09:56:44 pm
      surely people can see rafa has come to his end , best players he can get with his budger dont make me laugh theres premeir clubs who would love his budget let alone barnsley, ive said it before we kept houlier to long ,we are now making the same mistake.there is something not right there players under perfoming all the signs off a lost changing room. Really hope im wrong but i sadly dont think i am.One thing i know for sure is i live in ipswich and normally come to anfield twice a year and try to get to games when they are more local, i will now be putting my money to better use untill things improve , .How many other people are doing that
      « Last Edit: Feb 16, 2008 10:06:05 pm by FIVESTAR, Reason: add extra »
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #13: Feb 16, 2008 09:58:06 pm
      Didn't want this to turn into a RAFA OUT THREAD - was just trying to sum up the reasons to our disspointing season...so far!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #14: Feb 16, 2008 09:59:17 pm
      Didn't want this to turn into a RAFA OUT THREAD - was just trying to sum up the reasons to our disspointing season...so far!

Indeed.  :ontopic:

Anymore Rafa out posts in here will be deleted respectfully.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #15: Feb 16, 2008 10:03:00 pm

If you state that most sane LFC fans know his squad better than him, and that you cross your fingers that next year he "sees the light", then i don't know what else to call it. Anyway, it wasn't personally against you, ste_macca, it's just that a lot of so called fans were calling for his head in the match thread and it pissed me off!
      Obviously I agree that our squad is the main reason for our "so-called" underachievement at the moment... But my point was to highlight all Rafa has achieved with them.
      Does anyone really think that if Rafa was to leave, or be sacked, that the funds would be there to provide a complete re-structuring of our squad? Or is this the Newcastle United website?
      "Our team - the reason", could also be written "Our team - we don't have a blank chequebook".
      Rafa is buying for the future, partly because he hasn't the funds available to buy David Villa and God-Knows-Who-Else, but if we look at the youth of the squad, he is doing his best to buy the youth of tomorrow.
      "Our team - Tomorrow" could be a cracking thread too, but I'd settle for our team Tuesday, giving Inter Hell!
      YNWA
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #16: Feb 16, 2008 10:05:24 pm
      Sorry Court, read your post too late!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #17: Feb 16, 2008 10:08:07 pm
      Sorry Court, read your post too late!

No worries.  ;)

Starting from.... now.
      Fowler_ynwa
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #18: Feb 16, 2008 10:08:22 pm

For left sided players I'd like to throw in my usuals Menez, Ben Arfa and Van der Vaart. I've heard that Emmanuelson is a good LB too.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #19: Feb 16, 2008 10:21:54 pm
      For left sided players I'd like to throw in my usuals Menez, Ben Arfa and Van der Vaart. I've heard that Emmanuelson is a good LB too.

Van der Vaart is the only player I recognized that you meantioned there fella!

Not seen much of him either.  Wonder if Cristiano Ronaldo is still interested in signing for us?.... Not.
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #20: Feb 16, 2008 10:29:43 pm
      im sure Arbeloa is a left back
      Fowler_ynwa
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #21: Feb 16, 2008 10:29:45 pm
      Menez and Ben Arfa are both French. They're part of this new generation along with Benzema and Nasri I think they all went to Clairefontaine. We were linked with Menez in October for around 6.5m along with Man Ure. They've also been linked with Benzema and Ben Arfa. If our rivals our interested in these players I really think we should be too.
      Emmanuelson is from Ajax but that's all I know. Drenthe's another possibility for LB.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #22: Feb 16, 2008 10:51:03 pm
      Menez and Ben Arfa are both French. They're part of this new generation along with Benzema and Nasri I think they all went to Clairefontaine. We were linked with Menez in October for around 6.5m along with Man Ure. They've also been linked with Benzema and Ben Arfa. If our rivals our interested in these players I really think we should be too.
      Emmanuelson is from Ajax but that's all I know. Drenthe's another possibility for LB.

Cheers for that info mate.

Didn't Drenthe sign for Real Madrid in the summer?? 

Quick Reply