Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi-Finals

Read 27657 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi-Finals
      Reply #46: Apr 29, 2009 08:34:00 pm
      Thanks,
      And they wounder why they are hated.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #47: Apr 29, 2009 08:34:40 pm
      Arenal have been a bit crap haven't they? Don't look interested. They need to get their finger out and have a go or they're gonna end up getting beat by two or three here. Should be that already but for Almunia
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #48: Apr 29, 2009 08:38:27 pm
      Arenal have been a bit crap haven't they? Don't look interested. They need to get their finger out and have a go or they're gonna end up getting beat by two or three here. Should be that already but for Almunia

You're right mate...hopefully they're saving it for their league game  ;)
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #49: Apr 29, 2009 09:39:35 pm
      4 minutes of added time is ridiculous.
      Arsenal were sh*t. And lucky to get a 1-0.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #50: Apr 29, 2009 09:41:28 pm
      1-0 isn't a bad result for either team. Game still wide open
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #51: Apr 29, 2009 09:42:30 pm
      I really Hoped Arsenal will take something tonight but Dissapointed ...F*ck Off Those MAnure Bitches
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #52: Apr 29, 2009 09:45:01 pm
      Arsenal were sh*te. And Bendtner is a waste of space. Possibly the worst player Wenger's ever bought!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #53: Apr 29, 2009 09:45:07 pm
      Not bad result 1-0 isnt bad. Plus Rio injured his ribs!!!!!
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #54: Apr 29, 2009 09:46:25 pm
      Whats wrong with them Gooners ? We showed them how to beat the scum.They just did'nt get at them atall   !They're passing was awfull tonight. Still think AFC could do the biz back at the Emirates.Arsene should give Almunia a pay rise after tonights game.        
      LYNCH
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #55: Apr 29, 2009 11:08:16 pm
      Man U could have won by a lot more. Gooners were lucky. Not what we want to see but looks like another Man U Chelsea final as Utd will score at the Emirates. Barca are over hyped basically due to the Prima Liga been so poor.
      KOYFP
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -3 
      Reply #56: Apr 29, 2009 11:27:24 pm
      We played well tonight but the tie is far from over, Arsenal are far too good to write off just yet and we will need to perform down there next week.

On another plus side if Arsenal play like that against in the league then you can kiss goodbye to any last final desperate lingering thoughts of you winning it this year.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #57: Apr 29, 2009 11:29:04 pm
      We played well tonight but the tie is far from over, Arsenal are far too good to write off just yet and we will need to perform down there next week.

On another plus side if Arsenal play like that against in the league then you can kiss goodbye to any last final desperate lingering thoughts of you winning it this year.

They have Arshavin in the League - they were sorely missing him tonight.

12-0 to the Arse at OT.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #58: Apr 30, 2009 12:48:37 am

That's right. It's all in your hands to throw away against teams who don't have the bottle to turn up. Personally I think you might get a bit more fight from other teams though.

As for tonight's game, I didn't see it as I was watching our reserves. I believe Arsenal didn't have anyone on the post for your goal though?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #59: Apr 30, 2009 01:28:56 am
      So far the first legs have been so boring. They need Liverpool there to make it entertaining.

Can't believe Chelsea. Parking their 747 plane in front of goal. Possession of Barca was 71% to their 29%. Barcelona also had almost 20 shots to Chelsea's 3. Barca's top passer was Xavi I think with 50 passes and Chelsea's top only had 18. Only one team turned up at Nou Camp to play football and was unfair to not score.

Come on Arsenal, you guys can do it at the Emirates!

Now wouldn't it be cool to have an Arsenal vs Barcelona final, with Cesc Fabregas, Thierry Henry and Aleksandr Hleb? ! :D
      KOYFP
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -3 
      Reply #60: Apr 30, 2009 03:05:08 am
      So far the first legs have been so boring. They need Liverpool there to make it entertaining.

I find that most games that do not involve the team you support are relatively boring (just not the same buzz) unless its a game full of defensive ineptness (and some brilliance) like your game with Arsenal.
      But you don't get those games very often.
      Personally I thought the United Arsenal game was streets ahead of the Barca Chelsea, ok maybe not the most exciting game this year but at least it did not have the negativity brought by Chelsea, I know a few Chelsea fans and they was actually happy with the way they played which I think sums up the mentality of their fans as a whole.

Would you all as Liverpool fans be happy with your team going to Spain or anywhere for that matter and playing like that?
      They think the 0-0 was great but watch it come back and bite em on the arse in the second leg, Its ok taking players like Messi Etoo and Henry out of the game when you have no ambition to push forward, second leg will be a different story because they will have to come out of their shell a bit and thats when those guys will exploit that space, Barca WILL score in the second leg, I guarantee that.

As for United, Key point tonight was the clean sheet, I can see us scoring there and if we do, can they score three? I am not so sure.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #61: Apr 30, 2009 05:47:42 pm
      See the mancs had another mosaic again last night, but I don't think they know how to spell any other words as all they seem to have on them is "BELIEVE".

They even had someone that looked like a club rep stood down the front last night waving a big red flag. I don't know if they're trying to copy us or Chelsea. Embarrassing.

They're desperate for an anthem, and they're desperate for an end that's known all over the world. But they'll never have anything like The Kop, no matter what they do to imitate it.

Sad tw*ts. Funny though listening to them deny it when you mention it. They'd love to be like us but just can't do it, and continue to embarrass themselves by trying.

Are you Chelsea in disguise...
      KOYFP
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -3 
      Reply #62: May 01, 2009 09:24:10 am
      See the mancs had another mosaic again last night, but I don't think they know how to spell any other words as all they seem to have on them is "BELIEVE".

They even had someone that looked like a club rep stood down the front last night waving a big red flag. I don't know if they're trying to copy us or Chelsea. Embarrassing.

They're desperate for an anthem, and they're desperate for an end that's known all over the world. But they'll never have anything like The Kop, no matter what they do to imitate it.

Sad tw*ts. Funny though listening to them deny it when you mention it. They'd love to be like us but just can't do it, and continue to embarrass themselves by trying.

Are you Chelsea in disguise...

Oh yea I forgot, you lot invented atmosphere at games and anyone else trying to create one at their own ground is obviously trying to copy you lot.
      And you call United fans smug and condecending!! pot and kettle anyone?
      Did you not think that maybe its the huge semi final and that it would help to give us an advantage getting the crowd pumped etc, I have posted before that atmosphere at our games is not great at the best of times but did not think it was to bad the other night and I think I would swap sh*te songs for trophies anyway.
      I mean you have never had little sheets of plastic put on the seats to form a mosaic on the kop before have you? oh no sorry wait a minute you probably invented that along with singing at games too.
      I am thinking maybe the fact their was not much else for you to criticise (as we won) and that sticks in your throat you have you grasp at straws at anything else you can, and we are obsessed with you eh?
      Oh well c'est la vie onwards and upwards.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #63: May 01, 2009 10:16:26 am
      Did you not think that maybe its the huge semi final and that it would help to give us an advantage getting the crowd pumped etc,

It says it all that you 'need to get the crowd pumped' for a Champions League semi-final.
      KOYFP
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -3 
      Reply #64: May 01, 2009 10:38:22 am
      It says it all that you 'need to get the crowd pumped' for a Champions League semi-final.

I know disgraceful isn't it, nevermind eh? to be honest though your all singing all dancing Anfield has not really helped too much in terms of winning anything recently has it? oh well at least you had a good sing song.

redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #65: May 01, 2009 10:46:46 am
      Think Arsenal will win it, they have a final to go for and will be all out. Boosted by their home fans as well, but their defence better be solid, because if they leak 1 goal in, I'm sorry to see that united would be nearly through. With such youngsters coming through age, they havent yet posess the experience and know how to come back and win it. Put it in simple terms, the team spirit and unity is just not there, yet.

So it will be extremely crucial for Arsenal to win there, hopefully it will go all the way to penalties and sap a couple kilojoules more of energy off the united players, physically and mentally.

Good luck Arsenal, but whatever happens there in the 2nd leg you better be sure you'll have Arshavin running them all around the place in the EPL! And better win, help us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #66: May 01, 2009 01:52:30 pm
      I mean you have never had little sheets of plastic put on the seats to form a mosaic on the kop before have you? oh no sorry wait a minute you probably invented that along with singing at games too.

Yes thats why whoever was trying to set up your mosaics contacted our lads who set up ours, trying to find out were they get the cards done.

I am thinking maybe the fact their was not much else for you to criticise (as we won) and that sticks in your throat you have you grasp at straws at anything else you can, and we are obsessed with you eh?

I can honestly say I'm not arsed about your games and if I really wanted to criticise your performance, I would say why did you only win 1-0. You should of been at least four up by half-time.

And talking of obsession, why do you sing about us every game? Why do you try to copy everything we do? Flag days, yep, 1993 you tried one the game before our 3-3 game, wasn't very successful and we showed you how it was properly done the following Tuesday, so much so it even featured on the front page of the Manchester Evening News.

Lets put it this way, you will Never Ever see us having some tit by the tunnel trying to get a the crowd 'pumped' as you say, like that tool who was singing United Road before we stuffed you 4-1. Trust me, every Liverpool fan who saw that was pissing themselves laughing.

Onwards and upwards indeed, even if you make it 18-18 this season, the way were are going you can be sure it will be 19-18 to us next season. Rafa has already made Fergie look a tit this season, guaranteed this will continue next season.

Viva La Rafalution!
      Dadorious
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #67: May 01, 2009 02:01:00 pm
      to be honest though your all singing all dancing Anfield has not really helped too much in terms of winning anything recently has it? oh well at least you had a good sing song.

Why thank you we have a really good sing song in fact it is world renowned and brings goosebumps to all football fans across the world. In terms of winning trophies we really have set the benchmark for everyone havent we, you all are still just chasing. In fact your managers puropse in life has been to dethrone us of the most successful club in England crown for 23 years now. In the process he has given a lot of ass to bring the FA and the media on his side in achieving this goal and clearly has been key to us being given the opportunity to "winning anything recently". Surely its coincedence that you guys have had 3 controversial penalty decisions go you way this season no???

KOYFP
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -3 
      Reply #68: May 01, 2009 02:44:43 pm
      In terms of winning trophies we really have set the benchmark for everyone havent we, you all are still JUST (for about 3 more weeks) chasing. In fact your managers puropse in life has been to dethrone us of the most successful club in England crown for 23 years now. In the process he has given a lot of ass to bring the FA and the media on his side in achieving this goal and clearly has been key to us being given the opportunity to "winning anything recently". Surely its coincedence that you guys have had 3 controversial penalty decisions go you way this season no???

You did set the benchmark that is true, but your time was up a long time ago, and of course our managers purpose was to make us the most successful team, isnt that every managers purpose? strange comment there lad.
      Yep all the trophies we have won over the last 15 years is all down to the F.A. and media, course it is pal! Embarrasing.
      And I am dissapointed we don't have EVERYTHING our own way or we would have got the penalty in the F.A. cup semis, I mean just the 3 dodgy penalty decisions going for us, outrageous, I would hope Fergie will be on the phone with the FA to sort that out.

Quick Reply