Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2370527 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #20217: Nov 21, 2021 09:35:24 am
      Brendan would immediately provide structure to your attack and make you very dangerous. I'm certain the board will not go for him becaue of his image and the Liverpool connections. Caretaker for the rest of the season and then you're back in the mire and quicksand of big rep coaches who want to spend a fortune.

PS: Ronaldo is a suicide signing, he's made you ten times worse.
      I've  said this before but the Liverpool connection in this case is not a big problem with me as its not as if it's like Rafa going to Everton. Liverpool fans didn't have a big connection with them. I know some Unuted fans are concerned about it but certainly not me.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20218: Nov 21, 2021 09:36:25 am
      Looks like Darren Fletcher might take over on an interim basis. How about he "does a Solskjaer"?
      - Get decent results until the end of the season
      - Become manager on a permanent basis
      - F**k things up for 3 years

May as well leave Ole as Darren just his muppet
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20219: Nov 21, 2021 09:37:00 am
      Hearing a couple of Ruben Amorim rumours, not sure if this is based on your Portuguese duo or something more solid.

Not heard this one
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20220: Nov 21, 2021 09:41:27 am
      To be honest BR has shown with us, and with Leicester that when things are going well itā€™s all good for him and he seems like a top manager. But when it gets tough, he doesnā€™t have that edge about him to change it around, he really seems to struggle and will look at others before looking at himself and admitting he needs to change things. If he took over you lot, when things get tough (which they will), I think you will be in the same managerial limbo over whether or not he will be keeping his job.

Granted they won the FA cup last season but itā€™s a cup competition, anything can happen an in truth, Leicester got ripped apart by Chelsea in that final, Chelsea just couldnā€™t scoreā€¦well not a goal that counted anyway. Heā€™s twice seen his team bottle top 4 when it seemed harder to miss out on. Heā€™s a decent manager but heā€™s not a manager whoā€™s good enough for the so called ā€œtop teamsā€ who expect to be competing year after year.

But then, the Mancs arenā€™t a top team anymore, theyā€™ve done nothing more than make up the numbers for the last however long so maybe it would be a good link up.

Basically in agreement when the going got tough he seemed to struggle. However, let's remember the only reason why he didn't win the league with you lot! Is because of the infamous slip with SG. Not forgetting the Liverpool job came slightly to soon for him in his career.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20221: Nov 21, 2021 09:45:30 am

Iā€™m not so sure Brendan would want it mate, itā€™s a poisoned chalice now, 4 managers in what 8 years and all those millions spent?

I get that the ā€˜Big clubā€™ thing maybe a attraction but the pressure that comes with it kind of balances that out, and if Iā€™m honest I donā€™t feel Brendan is the kind of manager that deals with pressure too kindly, Oleā€™s a dead man walking, if he had any decency about him heā€™d walk, but why hasnā€™t he, surely even he has to hold his hands up and admit heā€™s out of his depth, I was expecting him to have packed it in by 22.00 last night, is he waiting to be pushed or what ?

Zidane is available isnā€™t  he, he for me would be a better fit than Brendan, but again would he take on a club that is as broken as it is? he inherited a RM in decent shape and built on it, itā€™s a bit more of a challenge re-building your lot and Iā€™m not so sure thatā€™s his forte.

Still itā€™s been a fun watching your demise, long may it continue 🤪

Y  N  W  A

He can't be any worse than Ole though Billy. It's hard for any manager to turn down such a big club. I'm very confident If Brendon has been offered the job he will come, even if it's been agreed that it happens in the summer which some papers suggest.

Zidane wouldn't be my first choice.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #20222: Nov 21, 2021 09:51:04 am
      Basically in agreement when the going got tough he seemed to struggle. However, let's remember the only reason why he didn't win the league with you lot! Is because of the infamous slip with SG. Not forgetting the Liverpool job came slightly to soon for him in his career.

Everyone remembers that because it was the big incident and they use it to mock Stevie but in truth that day BR lost out in the tactical battle with Maureen.
      We didnā€™t need to win the game, they did but instead of sitting back and forcing them to come out he continued to play attacking football which allowed Chelski to defend then beat us on the break

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20223: Nov 21, 2021 09:58:37 am
      Everyone remembers that because it was the big incident and they use it to mock Stevie but in truth that day BR lost out in the tactical battle with Maureen.
      We didnā€™t need to win the game, they did but instead of sitting back and forcing them to come out he continued to play attacking football which allowed Chelski to defend then beat us on the break

He's come along way since his Liveppol days though, better manager now and more importantly he's better than Ole. Not forgetting there's no world class managers available presently.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #20224: Nov 21, 2021 10:39:47 am
      Its over, when you spend the money he has, suprised he lasted as long as he did tbh
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,109 posts | 2129 
      Reply #20225: Nov 21, 2021 10:53:36 am
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #20226: Nov 21, 2021 10:58:13 am
      However, let's remember the only reason why he didn't win the league with you lot! Is because of the infamous slip with SG.

To be honest we didnā€™t deserve to win the league that season, we were a walking disaster in defence, any team that bad in defence and letting in that many goals can have no complaints about not winning the league. There was far more to it than Gerrard slipping; yes the Chavs beat us but Jose completely outclassed BR that day, we had no way about us other than trying to blitz goals galore and in a game we couldā€™ve settled for a draw, we were set up to go all out attack again and played right into Joseā€™s hands, we were going to lose that game regardless of the slip happening. But other fan bases obviously just look at the slip being the reason why.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,109 posts | 2129 
      Reply #20227: Nov 21, 2021 11:03:07 am
      To be honest we didnā€™t deserve to win the league that season, we were a walking disaster in defence, any team that bad in defence and letting in that many goals can have no complaints about not winning the league. There was far more to it than Gerrard slipping; yes the Chavs beat us but Jose completely outclassed BR that day, we had no way about us other than trying to blitz goals galore and in a game we couldā€™ve settled for a draw, we were set up to go all out attack again and played right into Joseā€™s hands, we were going to lose that game regardless of the slip happening. But other fan bases obviously just look at the slip being the reason why.

In hindsight its remarkable we came that close with a goalkeeper like Mignolet and a defence consisting of Flanagan, Skrtel, Johnson, Cissokho et Al. Goes to show how remarkable the form of Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho was.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #20228: Nov 21, 2021 11:03:31 am
      Heā€™s gone then, confirmed

Shame, he was doing a great job, hopefully the next man continues their demise
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,109 posts | 2129 
      Reply #20229: Nov 21, 2021 11:07:43 am
      Heā€™s gone then, confirmed

Shame, he was doing a great job, hopefully the next man continues their demise

Damn it. Crashed the car once too often. License revoked.

The car? Well, its a complete write off I'm afraid.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #20230: Nov 21, 2021 11:09:04 am
      Fuk cant use all this ole at the wheel gif's anymore. ;D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #20231: Nov 21, 2021 11:09:46 am
      just watching SKY news and I thought Ole had snuffed it such is the tone of the conversation.
      Turning it off now as it will be a utd wankfest all day. They should cancel todays games so they can dedicate all their resources to this terrible news
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #20232: Nov 21, 2021 11:13:36 am
      At least that cringey chant can leg it now
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #20233: Nov 21, 2021 11:17:34 am
      who is the go to manager for interim periods Fergies mate Samio Allerdicio just wave that win bonus in front of him in a brown envelope and he will walk over broken glass to Old Toilet
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #20234: Nov 21, 2021 11:33:43 am
      Sad day they are in a mess, hope zz goes there and proves heā€™s a fraud as well
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #20235: Nov 21, 2021 11:36:22 am
      I am reminded of the Day Stalin passed away and think we should have all channels playing Classical Music. He has been a dead man walking for sometime now this isnt a big surprise is it
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,109 posts | 2129 
      Reply #20236: Nov 21, 2021 12:01:52 pm
      Moyes, Giggs, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Solskjaer and now Darren Fletcher...all since Fergie retired.

Man Utd have had more managers than Boris Johnson has had venereal diseases. Quite something.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #20237: Nov 21, 2021 12:11:59 pm
      Hope Zidane doesnā€™t go there, one of my favourite ever players would hate to see him at the mancs!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,109 posts | 2129 
      Reply #20238: Nov 21, 2021 12:19:13 pm
      Hope Zidane doesnā€™t go there, one of my favourite ever players would hate to see him at the mancs!!

He's better than Solskjaer but I would not put him in the elite manager category. Rode a peak Ronaldo to CL glory but he and that Real team brought nothing of the charisma and style that Pep did.

For me he's no different to Rijkaard, another who he claimed CL glory on the back of a world class team.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20239: Nov 21, 2021 01:00:36 pm
      Damn it. Crashed the car once too often. License revoked.

The car? Well, its a complete write off I'm afraid.

Max getting a five grid penalty, Ole getting sacked, does it get any better than this Frankly  ;D ;D ;D

Quick Reply