Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Formula 1

Read 589444 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #6187: Dec 08, 2021 09:27:56 am
      Sorry mate, I don't think the Met Office records the speed of farts in the wind.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #6188: Dec 08, 2021 09:41:32 am
      Sorry mate, I don't think the Met Office records the speed of farts in the wind.

😂😂😂😂😂
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6189: Dec 08, 2021 11:36:47 am
      Been as I gave up on formula one a good while ago , can one of you explain to me how max gets penalised for ignoring that yellow , and Lewis only gets a warning, seems to be getting away with a fair bit ,

Because the stewards have lost their authority and teams seem to have more influence / recourse over everything lately.
      Last weekend was a clusterfuck. As was Brazil. All in the name of the show.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #6190: Dec 08, 2021 11:42:00 am
      Because the stewards have lost their authority and teams seem to have more influence / recourse over everything lately.
      Last weekend was a clusterfuck. As was Brazil. All in the name of the show.

You put that down to Liberty or would Bernie & Whiting have dealt with it differently...?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #6191: Dec 08, 2021 11:45:37 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #6192: Dec 08, 2021 12:14:01 pm
      Hmmm..

Not saying anything’s wrong with it...but...

The daughter of Nelson Piquet is Max Verstappen’s girlfriend, who used to date Daniil Kyvat & have a child together...

Any wonder Kyvat was dropped by RedBull....😂😂
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6193: Dec 08, 2021 02:19:46 pm
      You put that down to Liberty or would Bernie & Whiting have dealt with it differently...?

Charlie Whiting would have dealt with it differently.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #6194: Dec 08, 2021 02:30:54 pm

What do you think he would have done mate..?   Disqualification, points reduction or grid penalties..?

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6195: Dec 08, 2021 02:49:15 pm
      What do you think he would have done mate..?   Disqualification, points reduction or grid penalties..?

I think Verstappen has been let away with too much this season and it's snowballed into this.
      Should have been issued penalties earlier.
      He consistently pulls move with no allowance made for the other car or where he has no chance of making the corner one way or another.
      But here we are now with the risk of a double dnf because it would appear his "driving style" is now engrained as part of the "show".

Couple of penalties earlier in the year and we don't end up here.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,723 posts | 7164 
      Reply #6196: Dec 08, 2021 03:28:05 pm

exactly he would have dealt with it rather than just hope it would go away.
      Is it any wonder Danny Ric left Red Bull he could see he would not be allowed to shine whilst golden boy is there
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6197: Dec 08, 2021 03:33:31 pm
      Is it any wonder Danny Ric left Red Bull he could see he would not be allowed to shine whilst golden boy is there

A decision that has made DR all the richer for it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #6198: Dec 08, 2021 03:35:50 pm
      I think Verstappen has been let away with too much this season and it's snowballed into this.
      Should have been issued penalties earlier.
      He consistently pulls move with no allowance made for the other car or where he has no chance of making the corner one way or another.
      But here we are now with the risk of a double dnf because it would appear his "driving style" is now engrained as part of the "show".

Couple of penalties earlier in the year and we don't end up here.

Bernie has been vocal in his support of Max & RedBull... claims Max has been unfairly treated by Merc & Lewis, believes the public he has spoken to want to see a ‘new’ world champion & questioned why Lewis is still racing and chasing down Schumacher’s records...

Odd behaviour...

In my opinion, I think Liberty  have a huge hand in how it’s turned out this season, keep the controversy in the media, they want bums on seats & I think they want Max to be the new face of F1....

You are right though, bit strange Massi offering RedBull a deal otherwise it goes to the stewards, set a precedent that & I think stewards should be taking those decisions out of the race directors hands...

I also believe Massi & stewards take onboard what the commentators have to say during the race which also influences the RD decisions..

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,123 posts | 2134 
      Reply #6199: Dec 09, 2021 09:43:39 am
      Abu Dhabi GP to be shown live on Channel 4 this weekend! Fantastic news for those who don't have Sky!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,723 posts | 7164 
      Reply #6200: Dec 09, 2021 10:11:36 am
      I was thinking about the Media and how they are all over Max and I thought he had been prolific since coming back but the figures show in th e last 8 he was won 2 and Lewis 8 so its Lewis is by far the most likely to win on form come Sunday.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #6201: Dec 09, 2021 10:12:54 am
      Abu Dhabi GP to be shown live on Channel 4 this weekend! Fantastic news for those who don't have Sky!

Great news for sport’s fans all over, going to be a tense day…
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6202: Dec 09, 2021 10:40:47 am

50% of my household will be happy, there are only two of us here.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,723 posts | 7164 
      Reply #6203: Dec 09, 2021 01:11:28 pm
      Not sure if I will watch it the thought of having to see Horners face if Max wins is just too much smug git doesnt even come close
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #6204: Dec 09, 2021 07:45:38 pm
      The race is free to air on Ch4.

Fantastic news.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,887 posts | 704 
      Reply #6205: Dec 09, 2021 08:54:44 pm
      Quote from waltonl4
      Is it any wonder Danny Ric left Red Bull he could see he would not be allowed to shine

He left because he couldn't compete with him. Gasly and Albon were fired because they couldn't either. Perez hasn't done much better. To be fair, they have got the results the Red Bull is capable of. Verstappen's natural ability takes the car to a more competitive level.

Whiting dismissed all sorts of appeals about moves and tactics down the years, as racing incidents. Even the most famous collision of all time in 1990 saw no action taken, and that wasn't even the final race of the season.

Whiting was there when Hamilton drove the most defensive driving ever seen, at the UAE race in 2016, to the extent that several Mercedes engineers ordered him to speed it up or risk a collision that would lose them the race and decide the world championship. He refused to comply. He won the race, Rosberg won the title with 2 seconds to spare over Verstappen. Whiting did absolutely nothing about it, nor did anyone else.

For all the rubbish talk of hypothetical crashes, the fact is, if it happens, Mercedes win the Constructors title if Max doesn't finish. I'm sure he's aware of that.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,723 posts | 7164 
      Reply #6206: Dec 09, 2021 11:13:45 pm
      He left because he couldn't compete with him. Gasly and Albon were fired because they couldn't either. Perez hasn't done much better. To be fair, they have got the results the Red Bull is capable of. Verstappen's natural ability takes the car to a more competitive level.

Whiting dismissed all sorts of appeals about moves and tactics down the years, as racing incidents. Even the most famous collision of all time in 1990 saw no action taken, and that wasn't even the final race of the season.

Whiting was there when Hamilton drove the most defensive driving ever seen, at the UAE race in 2016, to the extent that several Mercedes engineers ordered him to speed it up or risk a collision that would lose them the race and decide the world championship. He refused to comply. He won the race, Rosberg won the title with 2 seconds to spare over Verstappen. Whiting did absolutely nothing about it, nor did anyone else.

For all the rubbish talk of hypothetical crashes, the fact is, if it happens, Mercedes win the Constructors title if Max doesn't finish. I'm sure he's aware of that.

other real world opinions are available
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,723 posts | 7164 
      Reply #6207: Dec 09, 2021 11:15:56 pm
      just enjoyed Nigel Mansell's top ten moments 30 f***in years ago holy crap. plenty of wheel to wheel racing and overtaking
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6208: Dec 10, 2021 09:28:36 am
      Let the battle commence. COME ON HAMMY  :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6209: Dec 10, 2021 12:13:13 pm
      Max a bit cock sure of himself this weekend, telling his fans to tune is because he’s going to be Champion.

Quick Reply