Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Best lines of commentry youve heard

Read 10959 times
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Best lines of commentry youve heard
      May 09, 2007 02:20:57 am
      hear are a few of mine

clive tysldesly (sp) when Kuyt put us through to the final:

"And Liverpools Love affair with this trophy continues they just CANNOT keep their hands off it" (although this would have had more oomph if he said it when we won the actual trophy)

clive tylsdesly (sp) again same match when we were celebrating: "no other english club comes CLOSE to Liverpool"

the fella who was commentating on sky when xabi alonso made it 3-3 in Istanbul

"THIS IS UNREAL"

and finally of course Andy Gray when we played olympiakos, 'nuff said :)

what are your favourite commentry lines?
      Serenity
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      • Red Red Everywhere, and they can't do a thing
      Re: Best lines of commentry youve heard
      Reply #1: May 09, 2007 04:27:22 am
      FA Cup Final

"Liverpool has got possesion...four added minutes and........... GEEEERRRRRRRRRAAAAAARRRR RRRRRD!!! ooooh! oooh! stunning!"

"take a bow son..I mean that....take a bow"
      Lotuskid
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #2: May 09, 2007 04:44:44 am
      Istanbul 2005

When Stevie nods in our first goal. Can't remember who the commontator was but he says " Hello, Hello, here we go "
      Everytime i hear it my skin tingles. NEVER gonna be bored of hearing it EVER  ;D
      thegr8 danni agger
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #3: May 09, 2007 06:51:35 am
      Andy gray when gerrard scored against olympiakos ;D

GET IN YOOOOOOOOOURRRR BEAUTTTTTTTY.......WHAT A HIT SONNNNNN     WHATTTT A HIT.... :angel:
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #4: May 09, 2007 08:12:13 am
      Stevie G vs Olimpiakos and West ham and AC Milan!
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #5: May 09, 2007 08:54:04 am
      "michael owen has won the cup for liverpool all by himself" from 2001
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #6: May 09, 2007 09:46:26 am
      ā€œThis is Fairclough, Fairclough is onside this now could be interesting, Fairclough!!ā€
      Or something like that, Gerald Sinstadt commentary from 1977 St Etienne second leg when the ground goes berserk as my second favourite ginger gets the winner.

Liverpool go three up against Newcastle 74 Cup final, David Coleman says ā€œGoals pay the rent and Keegan gets his shareā€ now combine this with a cutaway shot of Shanks on the bench giving team instructions out by moving his hands side to side and Wembley a mass of red giving it loads and maybe you can see why such a simple piece of commentary sticks with me.

And the winner of the ā€œI should think about who I am watching before making such a ridiculous statementā€ goes to, your favourite and mine Andy I F**kin hate the reds Gray with the immortal, ā€œ3-0 that's game well and truly over, and I hate saying that I really doā€ I bet you did you bitter, bitter man never mind our winning it must have cheered him up eh?
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #7: May 09, 2007 12:03:37 pm
      Andy Gray: "As everyone knows, the goalkeepers most vunerable area is between his legs"
      Phil Babb would definately agree with that one :f_wah:

Big Ron classics: "he dribbles a lot and the opposition don't like it, you can see it all over their faces"
                             "i've never understood why the chinese have a population explosion.  Already in place is the finest contraception on the planet - ugly women"

Non-Football:

US commentator: "one of the reasons Arnold Palmer is playing so well is that before each tee shot his wife takes out his balls and kisses them....oh my god, what have i just said"

Pat Glenn(weightlifting) "this is Gregoriava of Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning and it was magnificent"
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2007 12:34:36 pm by Stu503 »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: May 09, 2007 01:13:20 pm
      One commentator who could probably justify a thread of his own is Jeff Stelling, here's a couple of classics from him.

"It's the first time that two teams have started a league game where both teams begin with that letter."
              - Jeff Stelling, as York versus Yeovil looms large in the fixture list

"And they'll be dancing in streets of Total Network Solutions tonight."
              - Jeff Stelling, as TNS capture the Welsh title

"Matt Le Tissier had firm views about Austria's reluctance to allow Turkey full membership of the EU last Saturday, I seem to recall."
              - Jeff Stelling, revealing what happens during ad breaks on "Sky Soccer Saturday"

"Jeff I'm not exaggerating it could have been 10-0."
      "Ah go on, you're exaggerating. Hahaha!"
      "I've told you a million times, I don't exaggerate."
              - Charlie Nicholas and Jeff Stelling, "Sky Soccer Saturday"

"There's been a penalty awarded at Old Trafford ā€” I don't think you need me to tell you which way it's gone."
              - Jeff Stelling, updating us on "Sky Soccer Saturday"

"Mido's warming up on the touchline. And I can confirm, he does walk like an Egyptian"
              - Jeff Stelling on "Sky Soccer Saturday"

:D :D :D
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Reply #9: May 09, 2007 01:16:10 pm
      "There's been a penalty awarded at Old Trafford ā€” I don't think you need me to tell you which way it's gone."
              - Jeff Stelling, updating us on "Sky Soccer Saturday

like that one  ;D
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #10: May 09, 2007 02:30:03 pm
      "Drogba, the strength of a Bull, but the pain threshold of a lamb."
      ITV commentator Clive Tyldesley during the Champions League semi-final when the Chelsea forward was rolling about on the floor injured, for the seventh or eighth time.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: May 09, 2007 04:59:42 pm
      "Drogba, the strength of a Bull, but the pain threshold of a lamb."
      ITV commentator Clive Tyldesley during the Champions League semi-final when the Chelsea forward was rolling about on the floor injured, for the seventh or eighth time.

Haha! :D Love that one.

John Motson:

"The World Cup is a truly international event."

"Middlesbrough are withdrawing Maccarone the Italian, Nemeth the Slovakian and Stockdale the right back."

Daid Pleat:

"For such a small man Maradona gets great elevation on his balls."

"Stoichkov is pointing at the bench with his eyes."

"A game is not won until it is lost."

"Had we not got that second goal, I think the score might have been different. Iā€™m not sure."

Kevin Keegan:

"The substitute is about to come on - he's a player who was left out of the starting line-up today."

"I don't think there's anyone bigger or smaller than Maradona."

"Despite his white boots, he has real pace."

"The 33 or 34-year-olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they're not careful."

"England have the best fans in the world, and Scotland's fans are second-to-none."

"Heā€™s using his strength. And that is his strength - his strength."

:D :D :D

THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #12: May 09, 2007 05:15:35 pm
      Slightly off thread, but one of my favourites was Brian Johnson on Radio 4, when he was commentating on a Cricket test match at Old trafford, between England and the West Indies. West Indies were batting with Michael Holding at the crease, up steps Peter Willy to bowl his medium pacer and Brian Johnson uterrs the imortal words " The batsmans Holding, the bowlers Willy" What a classic, Brian Johnson sadly missed.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #13: May 09, 2007 06:32:20 pm
      For some reason Andy Gray at Istanbul when he said 'Game well and truly over.'

Always brings back fond memories.  We were, of course, 3-0 down to Milan at the time.

Also liked Clive Tyldesley at the same game when we scored to make it 1-3 'Hello. Hello. Here we go.'
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2007 06:48:25 pm by koolkidda »
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #14: May 09, 2007 06:49:39 pm
      F.A Cup Final

"HE'S GOT IT!"

Gerrards second. Lovely commentary.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15: May 09, 2007 07:11:00 pm
      "And they'll be dancing in streets of Total Network Solutions tonight."
              - Jeff Stelling, as TNS capture the Welsh title

The best one ;D I remember that!! Funny as.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Reply #16: May 09, 2007 08:54:05 pm
      Clive tysledly (sp) when Barca were playing arsenal in euro cup final last year:

"the linesman who was scheduled to be here tonight got withdrawn because he was wearing a Barcelona shirt in public......DUUUUHHH"

oh how me and my mate laughed.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #17: May 09, 2007 08:54:06 pm
      i cant belive this has not already been mentioned , truly the best piece of commentary ever. when shevenko missed that penalty to hand us the european cup for the fith time an understandably exstatic John Aldridge uttered those eternal words in his typically scouse accent "five times baby!!!" at the top of his voice.

for those of you not from Liverpool and who have never heard it , it was on Radio City 96.7 - main radiostation in Liverpool

i dont know whether its on here but here's the radio city commentary for the final
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJeSooXp3lI

kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #18: May 09, 2007 09:33:07 pm
      Loved the Gerrard ones fa cup final,european cup final and the "you beauty" v olymipakos,but the one that stands out for me is the newcastle game when we won 4-3

"barnes"

"rush"

"barnes"

"rush"

"collllllllllllllllllllll lllllyyyyyyyyyyyymmmmmmm mmmmmooooooooorrrrrrrrrr reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: May 09, 2007 10:16:48 pm
      I cant belive this has not already been mentioned , truly the best piece of commentary ever. when shevenko missed that penalty to hand us the european cup for the fith time an understandably exstatic John Aldridge uttered those eternal words in his typically scouse accent "five times baby!!!" at the top of his voice.

for those of you not from Liverpool and who have never heard it , it was on Radio City 96.7 - main radiostation in Liverpool

I dont know whether its on here but here's the radio city commentary for the final
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJeSooXp3lI

Lazb!! Welcome to the forum mate and thanks for the link! I was filling up watching that then and hearing the commentary. Great stuff! I love listening to the Radio City commentary when I can. Aldo makes it for me!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #20: May 09, 2007 11:06:31 pm
      I heard one commentator say during a match "He has the face of someone who's lost a fiver and found a pound!" It was in reference to a a terribly disappointing shot.

A true classic has got to be Dickie Davies on World Of Sport -
      "I hope you've enjoyed a great afternoon of Cock Sucker (instead of Cup Soccer!)  :D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #21: May 09, 2007 11:15:24 pm
      Clive tysledly (sp) when Barca were playing arsenal in euro cup final last year:

"the linesman who was scheduled to be here tonight got withdrawn because he was wearing a Barcelona shirt in public......DUUUUHHH"

oh how me and my mate laughed.

Jakkeo, this is killing me watching you try every different spelling until you get it right, so just for you, it's Clive Tyldesley
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #22: May 10, 2007 12:08:52 pm
      lazb07 that was a great link made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, great memories ;)

Quick Reply