Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match?

Lucas Leiva
      (25.4%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (22.8%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (5.3%)
      Daniel Agger
      (13.2%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (28.1%)
      Emiliano Insua
      (5.3%)

Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool - post match disgruntlement

Read 37229 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool - post match disgruntlement
      Reply #138: Feb 10, 2010 11:08:01 pm
      Bit unfair to label him as a fat manc tw*t!

Reckon that would make two on here tonight? ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #139: Feb 10, 2010 11:08:13 pm
      Better team lost.

We had a gameplan and played it well. A moments poor positioning by Insua cost us. He was good going forward but again defensively looked naieve. He was at centra half when Rosicky got the ball to cross for the goal. My only other complaint from tonight was again the amount of times we got ourselves under pressure by misplacing simple passes, 5/10 yard passes going staright to an Arsenal man.

We bossed the second half. Cant believe we lossed it. In saying that we didnt really make Almunia work apart from the Babel effort, f**k me if he could produce them kind of efforts regularly  :mad:

Stevies free kick at the end was a stone wall peno but we werent going to get it in the 95th minute down there were we?

Agger and Skrtel were quality tonight. Results were good for us as well with spurs losing and villa drawing. Get a result at City and were in pole position. Positives far outweigh any negs tonight 
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #140: Feb 10, 2010 11:09:17 pm
      On another note I thought Gerrard looked sharp tonight we just didn't get the ball to him and I liked the look of the midfield when he dropped into it, it was a mouthwatering ball he played out to Degen.

Ye he was, you get the feeling had that chance went to Torres instead of N'gog we all know where the ball would end up.

I think N'gog did well. The point is well taken that he should not be our starting forward though. Kuyt after his performances deserved to be up there. And to be fair to Kuyt his control is usually atrocious but was very good tonight. I was impressed, very impressed funny what confidence does to you. I wonder what it can do for Ryan Babel? hmmm...
      Cally
      • Banned

• 83 posts | -7 
      Reply #141: Feb 10, 2010 11:09:36 pm
      Reckon that would make two on here tonight? ;)

Is that wink supposed to indicate that I'm a manc, when in fact I'm from Liverpool, unlike yourself, and have been going home and away to see my club for a good 35 years, unlike yourself who couldn't find Anfield on a map?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #142: Feb 10, 2010 11:11:26 pm
      Is that wink supposed to indicate that I'm a manc, when in fact I'm from Liverpool, unlike yourself, and have been going home and away to see my club for a good 35 years, unlike yourself who couldn't find Anfield on a map?

Haha, I'm not going to argue with you. I am from Liverpool and I have been going to matches home and away plenty thanks very much.

This thread is about the game, not about you.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #143: Feb 10, 2010 11:12:17 pm
      MOTM was a toss up for me between Lucas and Mascherano. It must be really tough having to breal down all Arsenal's attacks when they're so unpredictable and they were both brilliant. Agger and Skrtel were good too.

I chose Mascherano, don't know why :) Toss up between him and Lucas like i said
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #144: Feb 10, 2010 11:12:44 pm
      City are now level with us with 2 games in hand so if we lose to them we are in real trouble.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #145: Feb 10, 2010 11:14:12 pm
      Just got back in and to be honest it was one of the hardest matches I've had to watch. We were never gonna score today, no matter how long we played on for.

Stevie, I love you to pieces mate. You've dragged us out the sh*t so many times I've lost count. But the last couple of months you've turned into one diving c**t, you need to cut it out lad because that's not what this club represents. We represent fair play and honesty, not F***ing falling over every time somebody is within two yards of you. Stop it because it's F***ing horrible to see.

Overall I thought the game was dull as F**k. Arsenal didn't really create any clear chances and we were just looking average. Delivery from wide was poor, midfield didn't do a great deal. And Ngog up top on his todd didn't work. His hold up and link up play isn't good enough.

Defensively we looked sound as usual but what the F**k we were doing when they scored I don't know. No midfielder tracked Diaby back, none of the centre halves picked him up and Degen ran in the opposite way to Diaby - why I don't know. Bad defending all round that one.

Ah well, first defeat in eight so not time to hit the panic button (again). We just need to brush ourselves down and get ready for next week.
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #146: Feb 10, 2010 11:16:26 pm
      Well played babel
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #147: Feb 10, 2010 11:17:23 pm
      Just got back in and to be honest it was one of the hardest matches I've had to watch. We were never gonna score today, no matter how long we played on for.

Stevie, I love you to pieces mate. You've dragged us out the sh*t so many times I've lost count. But the last couple of months you've turned into one diving c**t, you need to cut it out lad because that's not what this club represents. We represent fair play and honesty, not F***ing falling over every time somebody is within two yards of you. Stop it because it's F***ing horrible to see.

Overall I thought the game was dull as F**k. Arsenal didn't really create any clear chances and we were just looking average. Delivery from wide was poor, midfield didn't do a great deal. And Ngog up top on his todd didn't work. His hold up and link up play isn't good enough.

Defensively we looked sound as usual but what the F**k we were doing when they scored I don't know. No midfielder tracked Diaby back, none of the centre halves picked him up and Degen ran in the opposite way to Diaby - why I don't know. Bad defending all round that one.

Ah well, first defeat in eight so not time to hit the panic button (again). We just need to brush ourselves down and get ready for next week.

Great post, DLS.
      Cally
      • Banned

• 83 posts | -7 
      Reply #148: Feb 10, 2010 11:17:30 pm
      Stevie, I love you to pieces mate. You've dragged us out the sh*t so many times I've lost count. But the last couple of months you've turned into one diving c**t, you need to cut it out lad because that's not what this club represents. We represent fair play and honesty, not f**king falling over every time somebody is within two yards of you. Stop it because it's f**king horrible to see.

At least someone is trying to win the game. Fair play my backside.

Did I mention that Lucas was AWESOME!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #149: Feb 10, 2010 11:18:11 pm

Made me laugh that.  

You can tell people are losing the argument when they either come out with the local card and/or the length of 'service' they have.

Gow left his house (near Melwood) to watch the U18's at Anfield this week.  Have you got that stub in your collection?

Talking sense lad.  I'd take another 17 out of 24 points in the next 8 as well.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #150: Feb 10, 2010 11:18:15 pm

It's City's to lose now and they have too much quality. We certainly won't go there looking to win.

I bloody well hope we do mate, we're Liverpool and we never give in, Shanks instilled that into the players 50 years ago, and it continues to this day.

We are on MOTD now.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #151: Feb 10, 2010 11:18:16 pm
      So try posting about it then instead of following me around, genius.

You'll last.

Gerrard was poor tonight. You can't hide behind reputation, as Carra has proved in the last month. Gerrard doesn't set a good example as captain. I don't care what he did in the past, it's only about the next game. That's how we won all those titles. 20 b***ard years.

I thought we defended brilliantly up until that one lapse which cost us a goal. Seems this season that whenever we lapse at the back we concede. We never get away with it. So let's stop lapsing.

As for N'Gog upfront on his own. I agree he was poor and I know I had a go at a few for saying so, but with better support he looks quality. And as RedKenny said - if Babel would have played he'd have faded after ten minutes and moaned until he was subbed. In fact, I'm surprised he never asked to come off after he hit the bar. He's only ever going to be an impact player.

We lost. I don't think we deserved to lose. Look at what Pepe Reina had to do tonight...virtually nothing. As I've already said, it's all well and good keeping it tight and hoping to nick one, but you have to have the offensive part in the tactics and setup of formation to do that. We didn't. And for long periods of that game I was sat thinking, 'F**k, if we go one down we won't come back from it'. And we didn't.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #152: Feb 10, 2010 11:18:43 pm
      This game was a nightmare to watch. Terrible performance on both sides....and yeah he is f*cking cheat!
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #153: Feb 10, 2010 11:18:50 pm
      2 difficult matches - we can't afford to lose against City but I worry whose going to provide our fire power against the likes of Adebayor/Tevez etc!!! hope for a fair ref too!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #154: Feb 10, 2010 11:19:14 pm

wheres your post with a harry enfield character gone and what the fook was it meant to mean
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #155: Feb 10, 2010 11:19:56 pm

More than one way of winning a game, mate.

We have never looked upon diving with a smile. When Ngog did it, what happened? He was slagged endlessly by past legends of the game both within and outside Liverpool.

Because he is Steven Gerrard doesn't make him immune to being labeled a diving tw*t.

It was embarrassing to see him dive, and on more than one occasion.
      SteinFan
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      Reply #156: Feb 10, 2010 11:20:01 pm
      You mean people are finding out he´s not that bad after all?
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #157: Feb 10, 2010 11:20:26 pm
      This game was a nightmare to watch. Terrible performance on both sides....and yeah he is f*cking cheat!

He does what countless other players do to gain an advantage where we need one - that means the whole Prem cheats!!!!
      Cally
      • Banned

• 83 posts | -7 
      Reply #158: Feb 10, 2010 11:21:06 pm
      Made me laugh that.  

You can tell people are losing the argument when they either come out with the local card and/or the length of 'service' they have.

Gow left his house (near Melwood) to watch the U18's at Anfield this week.  Have you got that stub in your collection?

Why, does it hit a nerve?

Losing which argument? On here? Fat chance.

Oh and good for him, one for the grandkids that.

wheres your post with a harry enfield character gone and what the fook was it meant to mean

Briiiiiiiiiiiliant!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #159: Feb 10, 2010 11:22:30 pm

No it doesn't hit a nerve.  Like I said just makes me laugh. 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #160: Feb 10, 2010 11:22:49 pm

I deleted it. It was a sh*te attempt at humour. And it was off topic.

Back on topic.

Quick Reply