Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea - In-game and post-match

Read 43728 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Chelsea
      Reply #368: May 02, 2010 04:45:31 pm
      A part of me would have been content with a defeat today if it meant United don't win the league but i would have only been content with it if we had gone down fighting and made Chelsea fight for the win but we went down today as if we were someone like Burnley and just simply rolled over for them.

To be honest 7KK7- we've done that on quite a number of occasions this season.  :-\
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #369: May 02, 2010 04:47:23 pm
      Make Reina captain with immediate effect.

What a player.
      Totally agree with you Chats.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #370: May 02, 2010 04:51:51 pm
      Very very average display although Chelsea looked flat until Stevie gifted them the goal.Could have been different otherwise. Sickened with a shi*e performance!!!
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #371: May 02, 2010 05:02:10 pm
      Disagree, insult to Pepe to include him as part of this, he has been the highlight of our season by a country mile and if it wasn't for him we would have been far more worse off.
      sorry about this, but I agree with you, Pepe and Masche are the only ones that deserve some credit today..
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #372: May 02, 2010 05:03:46 pm
      sorry about this, but I agree with you, Pepe and Masche are the only ones that deserve some credit today..

I don't think so.

Mascherano was very poor today - guess you could argue he's not a right back but he was still poor. Kalou continually skinned him on the inside.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #373: May 02, 2010 05:04:09 pm
      Just looked at the stats, for a Home game they are bad reading.

2 shots on target against their 11.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #374: May 02, 2010 05:04:32 pm
      I heard a few players went off injured, who were they?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #375: May 02, 2010 05:04:47 pm
      I heard a few players went off injured, who were they?

Maxi and Carragher.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #376: May 02, 2010 05:18:36 pm
      We started off with sprite, strung a few passes together but after a rather kind pass from Gerrard the team capitulated and we lost our composure. I don't think it helped the team with Kuyt playing up top. He offered very little and that was predictable. Kuyt simply cannot create an opportunity for himself;that shows how poor of a forward he really is. He to me sums up the team on a whole. Not good enough. To blame Rafa in making a player like him integral in our team is quite far or fair. For any other club he simply would not be good enough to be the first replacement for Torres. I'd prefer Babel spurring chances all day, knowing he can create some for himself.

We looked extremely ordinary in the second half and that contributed in some rather critical statements from the commentators which overshadowed the rest of the game. I am not particularly happy with the display but one can understand why we capitulated the way we did. Given we played 120mins Thursday and Maxi who was playing well had an early exit the team lost some bit of shape. Yossi disappeared as the game went on and Babel made some runs that were not afforded a pass, for whatever reason.

This season is will go down as a very forgettable one.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #377: May 02, 2010 05:23:53 pm
      Watched 2nd half...Not Impressed at all.  I didn't think Chelsea were dominate I just think we played like sh*t and we could of won this match. As usual it was just a no show performance. I dont think Chelsea looked or played like a team about to win the league. Liverpool just failed to show up.
      This is a season I am looking forward to forgetting. I think they had a bad season and changes need to be made in order for us to compete. We have no prospects coming up in the youth academy for awhile, so that means we need to sign talent and spend money.  

I dont think were getting 80 million, I dont know If Rafa is staying, its a mess. Liverpool are at a turning point right now.  Its either fix the problems now and attack next season or do nothing spend very little money and become a mid tier team for the next 5 years.
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | -8 
      Reply #378: May 02, 2010 05:38:07 pm
      I left for work after the 70 min feeling very angry. When i arrived at work my manc colleague started saying that Liverpool were a disgrace. I F***ing nailed him in the face and shouted to him that his team should have beat Chelsea and not hoped for our help.

I am being summoned to meet my manager to explain my actions. I am just going to say that I was provoked, LFC is my family and nobody talk bad about my family.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      Reply #379: May 02, 2010 05:41:40 pm
      I left for work after the 70 min feeling very angry. When I arrived at work my manc colleague started saying that Liverpool were a disgrace. I f**king nailed him in the face and shouted to him that his team should have beat Chelsea and not hoped for our help.

I am being summoned to meet my manager to explain my actions. I am just going to say that I was provoked, LFC is my
       family and nobody talk bad about my family.

Kudos, but seriously mate in retrospect you think that was a well deserved punch? I mean I'm sure we all know Man U is the real sh*te despite how horrible a season we're having.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #380: May 02, 2010 05:45:49 pm
      This season is will go down as a very forgettable one.

What Season?
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      Reply #381: May 02, 2010 05:47:04 pm
      You're right what season?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #382: May 02, 2010 05:49:20 pm
      Went out with a bit of a whimper there. Disappointing to say the least that our first shot on target was on 90 minutes. No-one stood out today, at all.

Aside from the fact that we hate United, Chelsea have very much deserved to win the league this season. Can't see any major slip ups from them in the last game. 

Although it very much feels like it, the season isn't over yet. We still have Hull and then the summer kicks in. Wish it would all pass quickly, so we know what's happening off the pitch because we're in a mess at the minute and it needs sorting sooner rather than later.   
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #383: May 02, 2010 05:52:54 pm
      Went out with a bit of a whimper there. Disappointing to say the least that our first shot on target was on 90 minutes. No-one stood out today, at all.

Aside from the fact that we hate United, Chelsea have very much deserved to win the league this season. Can't see any major slip ups from them in the last game. 

Although it very much feels like it, the season isn't over yet. We still have Hull and then the summer kicks in. Wish it would all pass quickly, so we know what's happening off the pitch because we're in a mess at the minute and it needs sorting sooner rather than later.   
      Very well said mate.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #384: May 02, 2010 05:55:26 pm
      Well good result for about 80% of you today wasnt it
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #385: May 02, 2010 06:22:46 pm
      Well good result for about 80% of you today wasnt it
      Not for me mate I wanted a win, I'll take consolation in the fact we done United no favours with how the result panned out, but I'm more gutted we didn't get the 3 points to be honest.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #386: May 02, 2010 06:25:46 pm
      Not for me mate I wanted a win, I'll take consolation in the fact we done United no favours with how the result panned out, but I'm more gutted we didn't get the 3 points to be honest.

Like I said mate 80%.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #387: May 02, 2010 06:29:46 pm

Heart breaking this season isn't it ? :(
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #388: May 02, 2010 06:31:22 pm
      Another shotless on target.

Rafa has become a joke, if you can't even put a shot on target against the eventual winner of the EPL, what F**k have you got to say about challenging / winning / competing.

I hope the f**ker leaves, along with all the primadona's sh*te captain marvel.

I'd rather we have a scouse manager with a solid team work playing like a real football team than this piece of shits, rebuilding from the very basic. Rafa has been complaining since day 1 (about academy, parry, board), he wouldn't even last this long without Istanbul
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #389: May 02, 2010 06:35:21 pm
      Heart breaking this season isn't it ? :(

Never seen the likes of it. On the pitch yes Ive seen as bad or worse but add in the off field sh*te and how its been dealt with publicily its a first for me
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #390: May 02, 2010 06:38:05 pm
      Another shotless on target.

Rafa has become a joke, if you can't even put a shot on target against the eventual winner of the EPL, what f**k have you got to say about challenging / winning / competing.

I hope the f**ker leaves, along with all the primadona's sh*te captain marvel.

I'd rather we have a scouse manager with a solid team work playing like a real football team than this piece of shits, rebuilding from the very basic. Rafa has been complaining since day 1 (about academy, parry, board), he wouldn't even last this long without Istanbul

I'm sorry but this is an absolute load of tripe what you are spouting, how can you possibly blame Rafa for us not having a shot on target? He isn't the one taking the shots, he isn't the one in control of how the player strikes the ball, i lost count how many times we skied it over but i guess you failed to notice this, you probably blame Rafa for Aquilani having a shot and it going sideways.

Complaining from day 1?! Yet more tripe from you, he only started complaining when Parry and the owners went behind his back and tried forcing him out by approaching Klinsman. If you have the mental capacity to have gotten a job and your bosses went behind your back to try and get someone else to do your job how would you feel?

I think you need to have a think before you post because you are positing tripe after tripe and you are showing you are nothing more than a pillock with your idiotic statements.

Quick Reply