Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Pitch invasion at hull game ?

Read 11174 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Pitch invasion at hull game ?
      Reply #23: May 09, 2010 09:14:59 pm
      Pushed a fan away did he ? If I was out there, and someone came running towards me after the season we've had, even in a red shirt, I wouldn't be sure if it was for good or bad. He would have been chinned, no doubt about that. He got off lightly in my opinion.

This is the problem with the world we live in. I completley agree with you but the fact that if someone with Stevies status pushes the tw*t back or chins them, they are forever victimised plus will probably get sued or something. It goes on all the time in the Amatuer League i play in and nothing ever comes about from it.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #24: May 09, 2010 09:19:53 pm

Good find.

Probably agitated, but that didn't look friendly at all.
      AmericanRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #25: May 09, 2010 09:23:35 pm
      A link to the "push" is here:

Steven Gerrard Hits A Fan - Liverpool Fc 0 Hull City 0

The fans should not have been on the pitch...where were the stewards??? :(
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #26: May 09, 2010 09:24:53 pm
      I like how they've dubbed it 'hits a fan' F***ing idiots some people.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #27: May 09, 2010 09:42:34 pm

To be fair, I wouldn't have little bell-ends like that crowding me and trying to nick my armband.

They shouldn't even be on the pitch. Ridiculous behaviour from Hull fans, should be ashamed of themselves for being there in the first place.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #28: May 09, 2010 09:44:39 pm
      No one knows what happened, that kid could have said anything!
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #29: May 09, 2010 09:45:53 pm
      Looks more as if someone grabs his arm as he tries to walk away, a man can only take so many people grabbing at him before he pushes out.

Like I said, he probably wanted just to get down the tunnel and having fans tugging on his arm (enough to pull him back) is always going to cause a reaction.

As for the "hits a fan" thats ridiculous but if anyone actually see's the video they will see its definatly not a hit.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #30: May 09, 2010 09:46:21 pm
      To be fair, I wouldn't have little bell-ends like that crowding me and trying to nick my armband.

They shouldn't even be on the pitch. Ridiculous behaviour from Hull fans, should be ashamed of themselves for being there in the first place.

Exactly. Some people forget that these guys are just regular human beings at the end of the day.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #31: May 09, 2010 09:47:20 pm
      Hull bellends.

KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #32: May 09, 2010 09:56:45 pm
      I thought he was meant to have shoved a Liverpool fan. he is a footballer not a saint, if they were harassing him then he can push them off it he likes, more anti-Liverpool sh*te.
      LFZ2004
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #33: May 09, 2010 09:58:54 pm

It's No bloody wonder he was pushing them away, these idiots could off had knives or anything............
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #34: May 09, 2010 10:01:30 pm
      Good for him, I say. Who wants to be touched by strangers? (Besides, BigV ;))

Seriously, though. Occasionally, people will grab my arms to look at them and you just have to tell them to F**k off. Now, I understand that Stevie is slightly less of a celebrity than myself  :roll:, but it has to be frustrating being mobbed over and over, whether it's for an autograph, a pat on the back or what have you. Should've "DJed" him, I'd say.  :D

JD's picture says it all. Credit to him for being as cool as he was. And, good point LFZ2004.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #35: May 09, 2010 10:04:15 pm
      He should have just got his wanger out and let rip all over them. That would have kept them back. Knobs.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #36: May 09, 2010 10:08:40 pm
      He should have just got his wanger out and let rip all over them. That would have kept them back. Knobs.

Favourite quote in my year or so on this forum.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #37: May 09, 2010 10:55:33 pm
      To be fair, a human being won't react unless provoked. Steven Gerrard would not have pushed/shoved/hit or whatever had they left him alone.

The fans shouldn't be there in the first place and there's a limit when people starts pulling or touching you.

Were they trying to nick the armband from him? Cause it seems his left hand was pulled backwards.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #38: May 09, 2010 11:11:21 pm
      Not really sure what a 'bitter' is but if its a fan whose bitter about the state of the club and the behaviour of some of the players then yeh im bitter as f**k.

:) this made me laugh. Sorry mate
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #39: May 09, 2010 11:13:00 pm
      Instead of questioning Stevie, can we not ask where the F**k were all the stewards when knobends were surrounding the highest profile player on the pitch??

I'm glad Hull got relegated, couldn't stand them when fat sams 2nd best mate was there....and the place stinks of fish. ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #40: May 09, 2010 11:17:13 pm
      I want to know where the Stewards were? They should have kept the fans off the pitch and protected the players.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #41: May 09, 2010 11:20:05 pm
      I want to know where the Stewards were? They should have kept the fans off the pitch and protected the players.

Slack as F**k they were. Anyone notice the conga going on during the game, that wouldn't have been allowed at somewhere like Anfield it's got to be said. Not that it wasn't funny and it was done in good spirits but if they're gonna take the piss and invade the pitch for no reason as well the stewards need to get real.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #42: May 09, 2010 11:34:50 pm
      Stevie should have gotten a silver medal for pushing the pr**k. He wouldnt get the gold medal though, cause he didnt hit him which was what he deserved.
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #43: May 09, 2010 11:48:19 pm
      should have give the little scruffy c**t the one two combo he give that fat manc c**t DJ
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #44: May 09, 2010 11:52:11 pm
      Anyone reckon he told him he was a DJ?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #45: May 10, 2010 12:01:40 am

Isn't that just some random bird getting a grip of him? Those Hull fans are rubbish. If that was a scouse girl his shorts would have been getting ragged down.  ;D

Severely bad stewarding AND policing that. The safety of the fans and players are paramount at games. Could have been a lot worse for Gerrard and I think he done the right thing to push that lad away and then walk away.

Quick Reply