Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2830078 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27577: Apr 21, 2021 11:02:40 pm
      Far from over. With 14 clubs calling for more resignations from the top 6 it's only just begun.

Which will never go anywhere.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #27578: Apr 21, 2021 11:16:56 pm
      Far from over. With 14 clubs calling for more resignations from the top 6 it's only just begun.

Needs a mass meeting with all clubs around the table and sort all the sh*t out, from VAR to stupid rules, and perhaps more importantly a fairer distribution of the wealth across the board, if anything good is to come out of all this is it’s to stop the closure of clubs like Bury, if your a part of a league, therefore part of a football association your club should not have to face closure, that’s not to say stupid owners can spend money hand over fist and expect to get bailed out by the FA, but docking a club with so many points giving them virtually no chance of survival is ridiculous, there is enough money in the game from the top clubs to trickle down into grass roots football, I know money does trickling down but maybe not enough,

Perhaps clubs like City could perhaps adopt a club like say Macclesfield or somebody, loan out some of their academy players etc, Macclesfield then play a higher standard of football, is easier on the eye which perhaps could attract more fans, more fans higher gate receipts, why can’t something like that happen, better than seeing a club close altogether?

Y  N  W  A
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #27579: Apr 21, 2021 11:25:17 pm
      Cross Country, Track and Field.

Curiously how is watching cross country a watchable sport? Track N Field fair enough.
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2021 11:35:03 pm by HScRed1 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #27580: Apr 22, 2021 12:05:49 am
      Curiously how is watching cross country a watchable sport? Track N Field fair enough.

Well I coach XC and both my boys are pretty good runners so it’s perfectly watchable for me. Racing someone on foot is like the earliest form of sport so I dig watching fast people race each other 🤷🏻‍♂️
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #27581: Apr 22, 2021 05:59:17 am

Isn’t that what each of the founder members were to invest to be part of the ESL, I’m sure I heard that figure banded about ?

Other way around - each club were getting £350mil a season 👍
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27582: Apr 22, 2021 07:19:51 am
      Which will never go anywhere.

It will CT, they have already stated that they have no confidence dealing/working with the ones that  remaining. The snakes in the pack will be exterminated and rightly so.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #27583: Apr 22, 2021 07:34:18 am
      To be fair to your yank brothers and sisters, there are plenty of us that have come to understand the love you colonizers have for your soccer (you named it that not us). In fact I much prefer the club setup and promotion relegation and the league structure. I wish sports over here were like that and to be fair, football (the kind you kick with your football the time) has become my favorite sport because I’m sick of the commercialization and worship of American sports.

Actually my favorite sport is XC and T&F but footie comes closely after.

Anyway, the fact is John and his buddies don’t understand the supporters or the city or the country because they don’t have to. They can make money through the international fanbase and that’s what they’ll continue to figure out ways to do if they think they can get away with it.

Unfortunately that last part is so very very true.

To all these execs those of us who have followed the club all of our lives, who have had their support handed down through generations, are "legacy fans", implying that no matter what, we will continue to support the club. The "I'm Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea/etc till I die" mentality.

They believe that whatever they do we will just keep buying the merchandise for our kids, selling out most of the stadium and following the club come what may.

The way we are described makes it clear that in their arrogance, the execs all believe they can count on our money forever, and that by focusing on new, international fans they can rake in more cash.

This isn't over, it's not like these execs at the 12 are the only ones who are motivated primarily by greed. Uefa reforming the CL; more games, more money. Building an ESL style backdoor into the competition for clubs who haven't earned it that season? Money.

John Barnes was right in saying we need a wage cap, spending limits etc., but we needed that 25 years ago, now it seems to me to be too late.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #27584: Apr 22, 2021 08:24:10 am
      Management should shift direction and give their nostalgic fan base what they clamor for.....

Gobs of midweek matches against 2nd and 3rd division Caribao cup foes. First teamers will go the full 90 now because of the prestige of their biggest cup on the schedule.
      Hell......the revenue collected might cover travel expenses to the away hamlets.
      But it's not about the money....right!
      Greed bad!
      It's all about real local competition so say the vocal LFC supporters whose team's payroll dwarfs most of their fiscally teetering opponents.
      No worries, team revenue will look nostalgic soon so you all can embrace and rub glory sticks together in celebration on your way to the Tuesday knockout match vs Wycombe and their 5,000 fans.

You should F**k off back to Red Cafe you utter shithouse.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #27585: Apr 22, 2021 08:25:42 am
      two things you have zero respect for the history of the club and secondly you have absolutely no knowledge of the history of this club and sadly in this modern world we are told we have to accept this as a valid opinion.Utter utter bollox

He's a scumbag Walt. Was using the "victim" shout the other day, shown himself up to be anything but a red.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #27586: Apr 22, 2021 08:25:48 am
      If the big 6 get overly big enough punishments then the merits of a euro super league might start to become a bit more appealing.

The other clubs have to be realistic and realise they are in essence riding on the coat tails of the big 6 when it comes to TV money.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27587: Apr 22, 2021 08:53:05 am
      It will CT, they have already stated that they have no confidence dealing/working with the ones that  remaining. The snakes in the pack will be exterminated and rightly so.

The clubs will just sack someone,pay them off a nice tidy sum and make them the scapegoat for there greedy dirty little plans but everyone knows this falls on the owners.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27588: Apr 22, 2021 09:48:19 am
      If the big 6 get overly big enough punishments then the merits of a euro super league might start to become a bit more appealing.

The other clubs have to be realistic and realise they are in essence riding on the coat tails of the big 6 when it comes to TV money.

They can all do one.

Not one would have said no if they had been invited.

And I wonder how many things the 14 have shot down over the years that woukd be beneficial but because they didnt want the 6 to have it they blocked it?

Why should a 1 season wonder team or a yo yo team have an equal say as those who are constant and thetefore the main one affected?

Why do say Brentford if they came up deserve the exact same as Everton for example?

What our owner done is wrong but these self rughteous fookers need to get back in their box because they would have jumped in to if asked
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #27589: Apr 22, 2021 12:55:58 pm
      LeBron is feeling the heat for ignorantly calling for action to be taken against a Police Officer who in this case saved a Black girl from being stabbed/killed by another Black girl.  :roll:

Perhaps an opportunity for FSG to cut ties..
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27590: Apr 22, 2021 01:07:07 pm
      They can all do one.

Not one would have said no if they had been invited.

And I wonder how many things the 14 have shot down over the years that woukd be beneficial but because they didnt want the 6 to have it they blocked it?

Why should a 1 season wonder team or a yo yo team have an equal say as those who are constant and thetefore the main one affected?

Why do say Brentford if they came up deserve the exact same as Everton for example?

What our owner done is wrong but these self rughteous fookers need to get back in their box because they would have jumped in to if asked

I don't agree Brian,I think all 6 clubs including ours should be punished for this,we know it's not the club but the owners,if there is a fine it would mean nothing to FSG and they would probably take it off of Jürgen's transfer budget(if there is one next season) or just sell a player,they are leaches making a fortune off of there lucky dip in buying us and winning a double rollover getting Jürgen,they have made Liverpool FC into a laughing stock at times,putting staff on Furlough being one example.I think a European ban for next season or a points deduction would suffice,I wouldn't like it as i love the European night but FSG need to know what they did was wrong and the fans will never forgive them otherwise they will do this again.

JWH saying it wouldn't have worked without the fans on board so why didn't he ask the fans first before signing up,his interview which was edited many times was laughable and was just saying the right things after committing a football crime against the LFC fans and disrespecting the other clubs in England with their snobbery and disdain.Why do you think the German teams were never involved or invited??

As for clubs like Brentford why shouldn't they have a voice?if they get to the PL on merit then they deserve a voice,clubs don't get promoted from the championship to then have one season then get relegated,clubs like Brentford are are a well run club with a good scouting network who live within their means and i for one like watching them play as they play good football,likewise for Norwich who have just been promoted and didn't knee jerk react and sack their manager when they got relegated from the PL,both have a style of play which they stick to and you have to respect that as they try and play football the right way.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #27591: Apr 22, 2021 02:18:54 pm
      I don't agree Brian,I think all 6 clubs including ours should be punished for this,we know it's not the club but the owners,if there is a fine it would mean nothing to FSG and they would probably take it off of Jürgen's transfer budget(if there is one next season) or just sell a player,they are leaches making a fortune off of there lucky dip in buying us and winning a double rollover getting Jürgen,they have made Liverpool FC into a laughing stock at times,putting staff on Furlough being one example.I think a European ban for next season or a points deduction would suffice,I wouldn't like it as i love the European night but FSG need to know what they did was wrong and the fans will never forgive them otherwise they will do this again.

JWH saying it wouldn't have worked without the fans on board so why didn't he ask the fans first before signing up,his interview which was edited many times was laughable and was just saying the right things after committing a football crime against the LFC fans and disrespecting the other clubs in England with their snobbery and disdain.Why do you think the German teams were never involved or invited??

As for clubs like Brentford why shouldn't they have a voice?if they get to the PL on merit then they deserve a voice,clubs don't get promoted from the championship to then have one season then get relegated,clubs like Brentford are are a well run club with a good scouting network who live within their means and i for one like watching them play as they play good football,likewise for Norwich who have just been promoted and didn't knee jerk react and sack their manager when they got relegated from the PL,both have a style of play which they stick to and you have to respect that as they try and play football the right way.

The point I was trying to make with Brentford, and didnt explain well, is that yes they have a voice all clubs should.

But is it right that a club thatt comes up for a season and gets relegated and might not be back for 20 years or ever again can have an equal say on everything that will effect the league and the teams in it for the period of time a Brentford wont be in it?

Im not sure if there is a soloution but imagine a few years ago an important vote on an issue, tight in the voting and it swung on Blackpools vote. They are not coming back but the vote they made has implicstions on the rest. I dont think its right
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #27592: Apr 22, 2021 02:37:58 pm
      Lads another factor that might scupper any sale here, apart from.the price om sure the owners will expect is....

12 clubs involvrd here. With the exception of Madrid  city,  Barce and Chelsea maybe?  the other 8 owners are also thinking about selling up due to the fallout here.

So whereby normally a big club for sale attracts investors we are now in a potential shop window with utd Arsenal etc.

I might be way off?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #27593: Apr 22, 2021 02:44:11 pm
      Lads another factor that might scupper any sale here, apart from.the price om sure the owners will expect is....

12 clubs involvrd here. With the exception of Madrid  city,  Barce and Chelsea maybe?  the other 8 owners are also thinking about selling up due to the fallout here.

So whereby normally a big club for sale attracts investors we are now in a potential shop window with utd Arsenal etc.

I might be way off?

The only club I can see being up for sale is  Man Utd but then I think they have always been that way if someone is willing to pay off the debt
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #27594: Apr 22, 2021 04:42:26 pm
      I don't think anyone is selling because of this.

And a lot of people speak of punishment, but based on what? The intention to form a separate competition? Is there any legal basis to actually punish those clubs? All they did, as far as I know, was sign a memorandum of understanding. If they actually went through with plans and started playing on what essentially would be a pirate league without sanction from UEFA/FIFA, then yeah, punish the hell out of them. They didn't though, so I think any opportunities for punishment, if they exist at all, must be limited.

That Gary Neville talk of deducting points, relegating clubs etc is pure sensationalism - the Premier League couldn't possibly do that without facing legal action. The clubs would end up making money off of this in the end.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #27595: Apr 22, 2021 04:43:51 pm
      LeBron is feeling the heat for ignorantly calling for action to be taken against a Police Officer who in this case saved a Black girl from being stabbed/killed by another Black girl.  :roll:

Perhaps an opportunity for FSG to cut ties..

Which he then deleted and put up another post asking for calm when he heard the full story. You forgot that bit!!
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27596: Apr 22, 2021 05:25:53 pm
      The point I was trying to make with Brentford, and didnt explain well, is that yes they have a voice all clubs should.

But is it right that a club thatt comes up for a season and gets relegated and might not be back for 20 years or ever again can have an equal say on everything that will effect the league and the teams in it for the period of time a Brentford wont be in it?

Im not sure if there is a soloution but imagine a few years ago an important vote on an issue, tight in the voting and it swung on Blackpools vote. They are not coming back but the vote they made has implicstions on the rest. I dont think its right

A valid point but no one can say for certain if a team is relegated before the season starts only when they can no longer stay up,i agree some teams have come up and invested next to nothing and have little chance to stay up but there are other examples like Burnley, Newcastle and Leicester a few years back that defied the odds and some are still doing so.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #27597: Apr 22, 2021 05:39:36 pm
      Which he then deleted and put up another post asking for calm when he heard the full story. You forgot that bit!!

Didn't forget it at all. He didn't apologise or back down. He simply deleted it because he got called out for it and he can't stand the heat.

He does still have a post online that calls for "justice to prevail" over her death.  :o
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #27598: Apr 22, 2021 06:02:58 pm
      Didn't forget it at all. He didn't apologise or back down. He simply deleted it because he got called out for it and he can't stand the heat.

He does still have a post online that calls for "justice to prevail" over her death.  :o

Or like most people on planet Earth he made a knee jerk comment yeah!!

DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #27599: Apr 22, 2021 07:33:04 pm
      Or like most people on planet Earth he made a knee jerk comment yeah!!

Your defence of him in this matter is duly noted.

Quick Reply