Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Its all hotting up in serie A

Read 7917 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Re: Its all hotting up in serie A
      Reply #69: Nov 25, 2010 02:07:13 pm
      If Roy had taken over us as Europe Champions, League Champions, nine points of the top and struggled to a one nil win against twenty. I am sure he would be given time.....oops hang on read the Italian press. Rafa will be out in Jan if he doesn't improve FACT.

Oh good, then it should be cheaper for us to hire him back as manager then!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #70: Nov 25, 2010 03:00:25 pm
      You know what they say Huyton. . . Every cloud has a silver lining. ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #71: Nov 26, 2010 08:38:43 pm
       It's all about context really. When things were going pear shaped at Liverpool there was obviously a huge debate about whether or not it was Rafa's fault. Now of course he's taken over the European Champions and the team which has won five league titles on the bounce and is making a bit of a nonsense of it lets be honest, the context of his Liverpool reign is becoming clearer.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #72: Nov 26, 2010 10:07:43 pm
      It's all about context really. When things were going pear shaped at Liverpool there was obviously a huge debate about whether or not it was Rafa's fault. Now of course he's taken over the European Champions and the team which has won five league titles on the bounce and is making a bit of a nonsense of it lets be honest, the context of his Liverpool reign is becoming clearer.

Nonsense?  I thought he had inherited an ageing squad with no depth that had played counter attack football for 3-4 seasons.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #73: Nov 26, 2010 10:22:58 pm

You want context?

Take your head out of your arse and have a long hard look at Inters injury list- the only difference is that Inter have a little more squad depth than we had last season, when we had one of the worst injury lists I can ever remember for any team - that coupled with the lack of squad investment, the politics and the backstabbing by our previous owners and one or two current players was the reason we finished 7th.

Your agenda is clear - why not F**k off before you really get ripped to pieces.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #74: Nov 26, 2010 10:37:38 pm
      Ah good timing to get Rafa back in time for our usual second half of the season rejuvenation...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #75: Nov 26, 2010 11:41:21 pm

And how did Inter win that first of the five league titles, oh yeah I forgot through Juve F***ing cheating and getting relegated and Inter given the Serie A title.

Big F***ing deal, whether you like it or not, Rafa is one of three men to bring the European Cup to this club, now theres context of his Liverpool reign.

Thats why the fella is loved!
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #76: Nov 27, 2010 02:16:03 am
      So who is this Rafa? And how should we compare Rafa to RH?  :lmao:

Rafa: a gold bar
      Roy: a shitty stick
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #77: Nov 27, 2010 09:25:36 am
      You should have a read through the thread.  He's basically trying to get the team to adopt an attacking approach as oppose to Maureen's counter attacking philosophy....etc.
      Is that gunna be his excuse at the end of the season?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #78: Nov 27, 2010 09:33:47 am
      When he went to inter everyone was praising rafa for the style of football he got inter to play and now the team is plauged with injuries a number of users are quick to jump on his back!.

9 point defecit is easy to overcome and come may it would not suprise me to see inter retain the trebel.
      Thats the reason he went to inter for the challenge and do the impossible and i wish him all the best and luck in the world to achieve that goal.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #79: Nov 27, 2010 09:50:05 am
      When he went to inter everyone was praising rafa for the style of football he got inter to play and now the team is plauged with injuries a number of users are quick to jump on his back!.

9 point defecit is easy to overcome and come may it would not suprise me to see inter retain the trebel.
      Thats the reason he went to inter for the challenge and do the impossible and I wish him all the best and luck in the world to achieve that goal.

Very true..
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #80: Nov 27, 2010 12:13:27 pm
      You want context?

Take your head out of your arse and have a long hard look at Inters injury list- the only difference is that Inter have a little more squad depth than we had last season, when we had one of the worst injury lists I can ever remember for any team - that coupled with the lack of squad investment, the politics and the backstabbing by our previous owners and one or two current players was the reason we finished 7th.

Your agenda is clear - why not f**k off before you really get ripped to pieces.

Why not f**k off before I really get ripped to pieces. Hmmm.

Rip away big lad, go for your life.

On the subject though of how Inter Milan are going and "injuries", well we haven't exactly been devoid of the odd injury ourselves but I haven't seen too many people offering that up as an excuse for us. Equally, before you start beating your chest and everything else and talking b0ll0cks about the "injuries" at Inter, it might be worth having a look at who they've actually missed, how many games they've missed and the like.

The simple fact of the matter is that they really haven't started well. That doesn't mean they won'twin the league (and they really ought to as they have the best team), but they haven't started well and no amount of excuses hides it. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #81: Nov 27, 2010 12:48:13 pm
      Taking a team that had just  won the league and the CL with a high profile manager like Maureen was always going to be difficult. Then to get them to change the style of play again wouldnt be easy. I havent seen much of them but the first half against Tottenham at home was some of the best football I have seen for  a long time. Some people just like to have a dig at Rafa without really being able to as any challenges to his time at Liverpool are very easily defended. There about to launch a £40 mil bid for Fabregas so thinks cant be too hot.

Quick Reply