Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Why Isn't Andy Carroll Starting Games?

Read 12642 times
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Re: Why Isn't Andy Carroll Starting Games?
      Reply #23: Oct 24, 2011 08:35:55 pm
      As already mentioned, Kenny is installing fast passing, movement into the team and Carroll just quite fit into that style play at the moment. Be it form, fitness. . whatever. Think he will come good for us but at the moment, generally he's not doning enough to be 1st choice and Dirk and Bellamy are ahead of him.

Games      Goals    Assists     Mins
      Suarez         11 (1)        5           4             739       
      Kuyt              8   (2)        2           1             547       
      Carroll           8   (3)        2           0            537         
      Bellamy         4   (3)        2           1             156       

« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2011 09:30:22 pm by kelvo »
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #24: Oct 24, 2011 08:44:18 pm
      Because he's sh*t and not worth 35 million ,and Aguero who only playing his first season in the prem and scoring for fun all this rubbish about carroll  has played in the prem b4 what aload off crap
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #25: Oct 24, 2011 08:50:58 pm
      Goes to show the level of some fans knowledge comparing Aguero to Carrol absolutely completely different players. Andy is still young in terms his physical size does mean later maturity physically. Since when has slagging off one of our own become acceptable this isn't how I was brought up to support the team.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Oct 24, 2011 08:51:51 pm
      Goes to show the level of some fans knowledge comparing Aguero to Carrol absolutely completely different players. Andy is still young in terms his physical size does mean later maturity physically. Since when has slagging off one of our own become acceptable this isn't how I was brought up to support the team.

Sad isnt it
      lupus_hegemonia
      • Strong & Eternal LFC supporter!
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -9 
      • From Aegean Sea... we're coming to support LFC!
      Reply #27: Oct 24, 2011 08:56:10 pm
      Because he's sh*t and not worth 35 million ,and Aguero who only playing his first season in the prem and scoring for fun all this rubbish about carroll  has played in the prem b4 what aload off crap

I agree.. Andy Carroll was a fine striker for NEWCASTLE kind of team's "level"!
      We SUPPOSE to be LIVERPOOL, the most succesful British team in the entire Football history!!!.. We want and need to come back, to re-gain our old glorry.
      HOW? With AVERAGE players like Carroll? We "lost" (the damn idiot flee!) Torres, one of the VERY BEST strikers of Spain, ALREADY a star before he signed to Liverpool.. and we "replaced" Torres with.. ANDY CARROLL??? And we gave.. 10.000.000 pounds more than we did for.. Suarez, the BEST STRIKER of.. Uruguay????

C'mon!!!!!!!!.. "Why isn't Andy Carroll starting games", I'm wonderin'..!!!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #28: Oct 24, 2011 08:58:31 pm
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #29: Oct 24, 2011 09:07:24 pm

Simply embarrassing.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #30: Oct 24, 2011 09:08:00 pm
      Or maybe he should just tell the players something that Bill Shankly once famously said, "If you are in the penalty area and aren't sure what to do with the ball, stick it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards."

Only if he attributes it correctly to Sir Bob
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #31: Oct 24, 2011 09:28:06 pm
      As mentioned in another thread, Kenny will start Andy and give him plenty of playing time if he earns it with his efforts in training.  If Andy busts his ass day-in day-out then he will be rewarded for his efforts. 

Also, *LFC 4EVA* - you need to think before you type.  Andy is a completely different style of player than Aguero.  Andy is a strong, target style CF, and that type usually doesn't hit their prime until 24 or 25 years of age.  Look at Luca Toni or Fernando Llorente's goal scoring records if you would like a comparison.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32: Oct 24, 2011 09:28:37 pm
      As already mentioned, Kenny is installing fast passing, movement into the team and Carroll just quite fit into that style play at the moment. Be it form, fitness. . whatever. Think he will come good for us but at the moment, generally he's not doning enough to be 1st choice and Dirk and Bellamy are ahead of him.

Carroll           8   (3)        2           2             537         

Carroll has 2 assists? Don't remember them.

Anyway I think Carroll should be starting more games. He has the weight of a £35M fee on his shoulders (whether it's fair or not is a different question), and sitting on the bench won't do him any favors. Fans, media, rivals, everyone will question such an expensive player warming the bench and it'll obviously affect his confidence. I remember during the transfer window people saying Kenny was not the kind of manager who paid big money for players he didn't trust - so I'd like to see a bit more of this confidence he has on his players. Also, I think there's no such a thing as a emergency buy if the player is out for a month due to injury - call it panic, if anything.

Kuyt was awesome vs Bolton and overall his hard work really helps the team but he's not in the form of his life either, that he can't be dropped for Andy. We've been lacking a real presence in the box quite often, especially since the only thing Downing has been doing well of late is crossing.

Aguero who only playing his first season in the prem and scoring for fun all this rubbish about carroll  has played in the prem b4 what aload off crap

Got to laugh at the "Premiership proven" bullshit, particularly when used about Carroll, who had hardly 6 months of EPL experience when we bought him.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #33: Oct 24, 2011 09:30:57 pm
      Carroll has 2 assists? Don't remember them.

My mistake, edited.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #34: Oct 24, 2011 10:04:24 pm
      I think people have lost the plot. Shut up and put up the support.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #35: Oct 24, 2011 10:29:39 pm
      Carrolls good points height and good in the air, Good hard shot. but questions about lifestyle, lacks pace, other players dont think he can score so dont give him service.Think reds panicked as torres left in a hurry and there was a big hole to fill.To me it was a very bad decision could have waited and picked two quality players for 35mill. Then he wasnt match fit anyrate when he arrived, we will know at the end of the season if he is indeed a dud but its not looking good at this point.
      Grey Gandalf
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 20 posts |
      Reply #36: Oct 24, 2011 10:37:16 pm

You can't compare Carroll and Aguero, they are two completely different players.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #37: Oct 24, 2011 11:01:43 pm
      I think Kenny is so confused about his lineups the whole team is confused. We have no defined playing style.

And the whole "free flowing fast pace football" is 100% bullsh*t. I can't even start to count the amount of times the ball was simply hoofed to Suarez to let him do something vs 3 defenders and then get blamed for not being clynical. The rest of our chances came from 1 of every 10 balls that were shoved into the area just because. So I don't see exactly how would Carroll disrupt anything, the problem isn't him not fitting in our playstyle, it's the fact that there is not even a playstyle to adapt to, and I think we can see that is f***ing with everyone, Downing, Adam, Gerrard, Suarez, Kuyt, they all look lost as f**k.

I mean, last game we had 4 different left midfielders. Why would Kenny break Downing and Enrique who were starting to understand each other? What kind of width will you get from sticking a right footed player on the left and a left footed player on the right? We never got to the line last game. And we were playing wingless when Carroll came on. So what exactly is he to blame for?
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #38: Oct 24, 2011 11:31:33 pm
      Andy Carroll hat trick vs Aston Villa

its one game, but the third goal in this says to me, when he gets up and running with a bit of confidence, he'll be lethal.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #39: Oct 24, 2011 11:43:41 pm
      Topic: Why Isn't Andy Carroll Starting Games?
      Suppose if I post the answer 'because Kenny isn't picking him' I will get flamed  :lmao:
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #40: Oct 25, 2011 12:05:06 am
      Topic: Why Isn't Andy Carroll Starting Games?
      Suppose if I post the answer 'because Kenny isn't picking him' I will get flamed  :lmao:
      Fire extinguisher quick!  :)
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #41: Oct 25, 2011 12:43:42 am
      Could be a number of reasons. Fitness, Attitude, work rate at training, a falling out with Kenny/ member of staff.

To be honest, I think the major question here should be; What can Carroll do to get into the starting team?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: Oct 25, 2011 12:50:44 am
      Some F***ing people.

I hate forums.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #43: Oct 25, 2011 08:01:46 am
      The money we spent shouldn't be a factor at all.

There are 2 ways to look at this really.

Should he earn a start because of his price tag or form?

Well he won't get in good form playing in the reserves or on the bench will he?

All I can say is, Peter Crouch. Dreadful when we first got him. He was given chance after chance and in time, with matches, got good form.
      Grey Gandalf
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 20 posts |
      Reply #44: Oct 25, 2011 09:14:54 am

Carroll           8   (3)        2           0            537         

Thanks for the stats. Carroll probably will start against Stoke and I'm guessing that Suarez will be rested.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #45: Oct 25, 2011 12:52:58 pm
      Could be a number of reasons. Fitness, Attitude, work rate at training, a falling out with Kenny/ member of staff.

To be honest, I think the major question here should be; What can Carroll do to get into the starting team?

Could be he's not quite "getting it" on the playing side as well - I'm not saying Carroll is the same, but I always thought Babel was a bit dense and didn't always understand what was required of him on the pitch, so perhaps there's a coaching element working here as well.

I still think he's a talented player, and who knows, maybe KK isn't playing him just to take some media heat off him after the stupid comments in the press earlier in the season.

Really, it could be any number of reasons, none of which we are privy to, but the bottom line is that KK will play him when he thinks he's ready for it and not before.

Quick Reply