Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (37.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      (5.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (2.1%)
      Daniel Agger
      (8.2%)
      Jose Enrique
      (19.9%)
      Charlie Adam
      (4.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (6.8%)
      Luis Suarez
      (6.2%)
      Andy Carroll
      (2.7%)
      Stuart Downing
      (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (0%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (2.7%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (0.7%)

Liverpool 0-0 Swansea: Post Match Sorrows

Read 67453 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Swansea: Post Match Sorrows
      Reply #805: Nov 06, 2011 07:06:34 pm
      Against 11 newly promoted teams (we havent played QPR yet) at home we have won just 3 in the last 4 seasons....this is our problem and has been for a decade or two.....

Reina our star player says it all. Kenny has got to get this lot playing like he did at the end of last season, drop a few of them for Maxi, Spearing, etc and get Bellamy in. He knows best I know, but we have a terrible home record all ready....
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #806: Nov 06, 2011 07:10:54 pm
      Kenny has got to get this lot playing like he did at the end of last season, drop a few of them for Maxi, Spearing, etc and get Bellamy in. He knows best I know, but we have a terrible home record all ready....

Might help if he had Sammy Lee back as well then.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #807: Nov 06, 2011 07:14:20 pm

Hey DLS, hows it going chap?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #808: Nov 06, 2011 07:17:23 pm

And Phil Thommo!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #809: Nov 06, 2011 07:26:12 pm
      Id take bale ahead of downing would you not blood. At the moment it looks like redknapp was very shrewd with the captures of adebayor and parker and id have them favourites for fourth place

Of course I'd take Bale over Downing, be nicer to have to both.

Yeh Harry was Shrewd in the market.

One thing I'll say about there game today though, was that the Fulham midfield had the beating of Modric and Parker and both players were very quiet , which left left Adebayor isolated up top and he had very little impact on the game as neither him or Bale or Lennon were getting any service from Parker and Modric.

It was two moments in the game that cost Fulham in the first half.

But that's what good teams do, pick up maximum points when having an bad day at the office and if we want to stay in the hunt for top 4, its something we are going to have to learn to do very quickly.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #810: Nov 06, 2011 07:34:19 pm
      See it is the bit of quality blood at the end adebayor was quite yet he popped up with a great assist can anyone imagine Carroll with a similar assist i can't doesn't have the touch
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #811: Nov 06, 2011 07:39:10 pm
      Stop confusing criticism for lack of support.

So now we are disagreeing with Shanks, says it all when you post a quote from the great man ON A LIVERPOOL forum and people still try to justify their moaning and groaning as supporting the club.  :mad:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #812: Nov 06, 2011 07:44:39 pm
      Who is disagreeing with shankly why has someone said they stopped supporting Liverpool after yesterday match. People are more concerned with other fans then giving an opinion on the match
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #813: Nov 06, 2011 07:44:46 pm
      we have just got to be patient bellamy and kuyt should be starting games now, fire in there bellys lets be fair how many saves did there goalkeeper make and  against norwich were not far short think about when woy was in charge then think of how lucky we our ;D
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #814: Nov 06, 2011 07:52:23 pm
      I don't need to re-watch the game.

They scored from a own goal from a Pace Merchant with little end product, isn't that what you call Bale ?

Then they scored from another pace merchant with no footballing brain isn't that what you call Lennon ?

Modric never had a sniff all game as the Fulham midfield done a proper job on him.

Why instead of making your smart arsed comments, can you not just say well fair doo's they got battered of Fulham but still managed to get three points ?

Or is that too f***ing hard for you ?

As always, you make a very poor analysis of the game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #815: Nov 06, 2011 08:05:55 pm
      People are more concerned with other fans then giving an opinion on the match

I think the concern is with the level of support shown by some at the game.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #816: Nov 06, 2011 08:08:59 pm
      We lose games because of very poor finishing lack clinical touch. Conversion rate probably the same as bottom five,hitting the wood work more than any other team. Our goals against is good but we just cant score Please FSG  get a striker who can put the ball in the back of net, or have  target practice till they can score. Why did liverpool  get carroll it was not important to rush into a situation where the guy wasnt fit. Always think buying a player who is not match fit backfires on you. Why skip long established protocols which work about fitness of a player.   
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #817: Nov 06, 2011 08:09:51 pm
      Hey DLS, hows it going chap?

Aye everything's alright mate.

Wouldn't say no to that either. Only reason I mentioned Sammy was because not too long ago, Keen and especially Clarke, where the greatest things to hit our coaching staff in years. Yet since Sammy left, results seem to of taken a downward spiral as well. Maybe a bit of Scouse influence on the bench wouldn't go amiss.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #818: Nov 06, 2011 08:12:37 pm
      Lot of people huyton react to what they see on a pitch and when they see lads putting in half arsed efforts they are going to react rightly or wrongly that is human nature
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #819: Nov 06, 2011 08:16:09 pm
      Lot of people huyton react to what they see on a pitch and when they see lads putting in half arsed efforts they are going to react rightly or wrongly that is human nature
      Don't think the players were half arsed at all.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #820: Nov 06, 2011 08:16:23 pm

Obviously!

Doesn't stop people supporting the team though does it.

Ground is full of too many self-important cu*ts who want to quite happily say they've payed £45 quid so are allowed to F***ing moan, I pay my seasie ticket money to get behind the lads and at least have a laugh at the game, not be a miserable tw*t, which is what is happening at a lot of league games now.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #821: Nov 06, 2011 08:22:21 pm
      As always, you make a very poor analysis of the game.

Ha ha.

I never gave an analysis of the game.
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2011 08:05:22 am by Venison 86 »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #822: Nov 06, 2011 08:24:08 pm
      .Well reds if that is the best some of them can play we are truly fu**ed.  Players like downing were strolling yesterday match. Obviously huyton your in anfield so you will know the problems more so anything you say on the subject is worth listenin g.  We need the players to be giving a 100%as well something im not sure some of them are doing
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #823: Nov 06, 2011 08:27:37 pm
      I think the concern is with the level of support shown by some at the game.

It's one thing to have a moan after the match on a LFC forum, it's quite another to give out about players etc during a match.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone booing or anything similar should be fu**ed out of the ground.

It's one thing to turn round and have a moan with a mate during a match, but anyone booing needs a good "talking to"
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #824: Nov 06, 2011 08:30:57 pm
      I dont think you can say there has been lack of effort in any game since Kenny returned.

Yesterday, especially second half it was lack of quality.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #825: Nov 06, 2011 08:31:08 pm
      As far as I'm concerned, anyone booing or anything similar should be fu**ed out of the ground.

They should have their member cards terminated.  Should be something in the terms and conditions of membership that you can't be a knee jerking tw*t.

So we've drew a few home games.  Have people got such little short term memories that they can't remember the start of last season.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #826: Nov 06, 2011 08:31:29 pm
      It's one thing to have a moan after the match on a LFC forum, it's quite another to give out about players etc during a match.

It's one thing to turn round and have a moan with a mate during a match, but anyone booing needs a good

"talking to"

You don't get it do you!!!! It's not ok to have a moan with you mate during the game SUPPORT the F***ing team be the extra man.... Ah F**k it I give up not worth the F***ing effort anymore trying to educate some in the Liverpool way. We are fu**ed.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #827: Nov 06, 2011 08:33:36 pm
      They should have their member cards terminated.  Should be something in the terms and conditions of membership that you can't be a knee jerking tw*t.

So we've drew a few home games.  Have people got such little short term memories that they can't remember the start of last season.

Remember it clear as day.  Was seriously not interested in football back then!  Sitting back and playing defensive against newly promoted teams - at home!!!

I think it's important to re-emphasise, change takes a little time.  Take Man City, hot and cold last season.  Now flying at the moment.  Many of the players we have bought might not peak for a couple of years.

Quick Reply