Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Liverpool 1-2 Wigan: In-Game and Post Match Numbness

Read 45917 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Wigan: In-Game and Post Match Numbness
      Reply #736: Mar 24, 2012 06:14:08 pm

So 3 points off the pace of last year huh? I'm not sure that's necessarily a fair comparison, though, as Hodgson left us in a bad spot that Kenny had to clean up.
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #737: Mar 24, 2012 06:17:43 pm
      What's wrong with KK saying the players were tired if that's what he believes?

He's right in what he's saying, we're the only PL club that's played every round of every domestic cup game.

A lot of people saying he should have just said we were sh*t but he has basically said he knows we were and that's the reason why.

I think he's basically hinting that he doesn't have the strength in the squad to change it with like for like quality which is true and is maybe being clever here and hinting to the board for the summer transfer fund?

Another awful result obviously but the league has almost been irellevant for several weeks now. If your not finishing 4th or better your basically making up the places.

As I've been saying for weeks now, lets get this FA Cup won and the season will go down in history as not the best Liverpool side being double winners but with a really poor league season.

We build in the summer and we consitantly challenge in the league next season for 4th spot minimum.

Keep the faith and lets not make this into the worst thing that's ever happened. We're having a bad season in the league, nothing more.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #738: Mar 24, 2012 06:19:25 pm
      So 3 points off the pace of last year huh? I'm not sure that's necessarily a fair comparison, though, as Hodgson left us in a bad spot that Kenny had to clean up.
      Granted.

But surely Kenny's had a long enough time to improve our position since then. A year, give or take. Yet we are 3 points worse off.
      cannuckred
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      • Long way from home, but still bleed Liverpool red
      Reply #739: Mar 24, 2012 06:23:27 pm
      Tiredness? F**k me sideways! They should try doing as many tough work hours as the majority of suporters do, and all to pay to watch this sh*te.
      I think that a few have said it already......NUMB.
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #740: Mar 24, 2012 06:23:34 pm
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #741: Mar 24, 2012 06:23:50 pm
      Maxi creates a goal for a Suarez even without any match practice..if we have tired players why not play him?

Coates is not just the future but he should be our current 3rd choice CB..if we have tired 34 year olds why not play him?

Jonjo over Henderson, Sterling over downing. Give enrique a break too the guy has been playing all season and we have nothing to lose now, bring robinson on.

Tired players I get but picking them over more than suitable replacements on the bench I do not.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #742: Mar 24, 2012 06:25:22 pm
      another miserable performance,from the team,really awful. Still we are gonna stick with the same line-up consisting of hendo,carrol,spearing,downing until when? Surely,kenny has to draw a line somewhere with all  this dreadful performance coming from the mentioned players,one need no football knowledge to see this!where are the likes of maxi,aurelio,and the young generation players that really want to play for this club? Im sorry to say this,but kenny has to go! F**k all this loyalty,something needs to be done concerning lfc,and it start with kenny head!let it roll!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #743: Mar 24, 2012 06:26:09 pm
      Wow, how was that loss down to either tiredness or luck, come on Kenny you need to man up and rip that F***ing excuse of an starting 11, they just didn't want it enough, if Kenny keeps on making excuses I am going to start to question if he is the actual man I though he was. Come on Kenny no excuses we were sh*t.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #744: Mar 24, 2012 06:27:35 pm
      The last time we played that badly was against Northampton in Carling Cup in 2010 whenRoy was in charge. This was poor. No atmosphere at Anfield at all and nothing to cheer for anyway! I'm afraid that KK needs to face the music on this! Why are we playing 4-5-1 at home to bottom of the table Wigan? I'm not calling for his head in the slightest but we need answers here to team selection and continuing with p@ss poor players like Henderson!
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #745: Mar 24, 2012 06:28:24 pm
      The biggest thing though is the money we've spent. It's certainly not been value.
      I'm not saying I want KK sacked , far from it , but I'm not prepared to pretend everything's Hunky Dory when it patently isn't.
      We've got problems , we need to acknowledge that , otherwise we will never move on.
      There are some big decisions to be made in the summer , I hope KK is big enough to make them.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #746: Mar 24, 2012 06:32:17 pm
      another miserable performance,from the team,really awful. Still we are gonna stick with the same line-up consisting of hendo,carrol,spearing,downing until when? Surely,kenny has to draw a line somewhere with all  this dreadful performance coming from the mentioned players,one need no football knowledge to see this!where are the likes of maxi,aurelio,and the young generation players that really want to play for this club? Im sorry to say this,but kenny has to go! F**k all this loyalty,something needs to be done concerning lfc,and it start with kenny head!let it roll!

Exactly the numbheaded reaction we don't need  :mad:

Not much evidence of football knowledge there!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #747: Mar 24, 2012 06:40:01 pm
      abysmal performance, the players need to look at themselves and sort it out.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #748: Mar 24, 2012 06:40:14 pm
      Did Kenny praise Wigans effort or tactics at all in the interview??

Last week, luck.
      This week tiredness, when Carroll, Maxi,Shelvey,Coates,Bellamy all could have started.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #749: Mar 24, 2012 06:44:41 pm

Last week, luck.
      This week tiredness, when Carroll, Maxi,Shelvey,Coates,Bellamy all could have started.

If we lost our fans would blame Kenny because he rotated. Either way he gets slated
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #750: Mar 24, 2012 06:45:28 pm

Last week, luck.

Bellers has an injury, picked up a knock somewhere from what I can see "Knock - 25% chance of playing"
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #751: Mar 24, 2012 06:58:53 pm
      I think he's basically hinting that he doesn't have the strength in the squad to change it with like for like quality which is true and is maybe being clever here and hinting to the board for the summer transfer fund?
      I'm going to get slated for this, but I feel Kenny is in no position to demand more transfer funds after wasting +-80 million on mediocre players.
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #752: Mar 24, 2012 07:09:32 pm
      Kenny insists on starting with Henderson when the lad has shown absolutely nothing all season. He removed Downing and replaced him with Shelvey when we were crying out for somebody wit bait of pace down the wing. In his post match interview when asked to comment on the immediate impact of Sterling, he skated over the reply and went on to say how well Shelvey played when he came on.

Kenny has to accept that three of the players the bought, Henderson, Downing and Carroll are just not up to the standards required by our club. Now is the time to blood a lot of the youngsters.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #753: Mar 24, 2012 07:12:08 pm
      Kenny insists on starting with Henderson when the lad has shown absolutely nothing all season. He removed Downing and replaced him with Shelvey when we were crying out for somebody wit bait of pace down the wing. In his post match interview when asked to comment on the immediate impact of Sterling, he skated over the reply and went on to say how well Shelvey played when he came on.

Kenny has to accept that three of the players the bought, Henderson, Downing and Carroll are just not up to the standards required by our club. Now is the time to blood a lot of the youngsters.

To me, it's not that Henderson starts. It's that Henderson is being misutilized when starting.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,336 posts | 4962 
      Reply #754: Mar 24, 2012 07:43:07 pm
      I missed the game due to work but by all accounts a very poor display.

Massively disappointed and it does look like our league form is secondary to the cups right now as I suspected a few weeks back.

Not good enough and the best we can hope for is to get the FA Cup won and get this league campaign over and focus on next season. Give two or three of the young players a few games before the season is finished.

Yet again I've seen a few people comparing Kenny with Hodgson and if any if you really think we would be better off with him on charge you really have short memories if how bad we were last season.

By all means question Kennys decisions if you must but show a bit of respect and stop comparing him to someone who isn't fit to be mentioned in the same sentence.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #755: Mar 24, 2012 07:48:11 pm
      J.Shelvey.. ‏ @Jshelvey33
      Shiteee result were better than that!! We gotta improve !! Bad week!! Let's move on and improve!! Fans were superb as usual!!! #YNWA
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #756: Mar 24, 2012 08:09:21 pm

That makes it even worse.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #757: Mar 24, 2012 08:20:29 pm
      I have not commented over results for some time now.
      I felt the team would eventually turn things around, but now i know i was just waiting in vain.
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #758: Mar 24, 2012 08:25:36 pm
      Quite simply another disgusting result. How long can this rubbish continue? Why do we always seem to perform against the "big" sides but struggle against lesser sides.

Kennys excuse about the team being tired is laughable. Forgive me if I am wrong but aren't we dealing with full time proffesional sportsmen?

Quick Reply