Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Oussama Assaidi Player Thread Liverpool > Al Ahli Club

Read 61839 times
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Oussama Assaidi Player Thread
      Reply #253: Jun 20, 2013 04:37:26 pm
      Really hope he isn't shipped of this summer, he has what it takes to do a  good job here, give him a chance Brendan!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #254: Jun 21, 2013 01:43:33 am
      I'd sell him. If rumours are to be believed he was not a Brendan Rodgers signing. That's reason enough to get rid of him.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #255: Jun 21, 2013 10:42:50 am
      1st of all he is a LFC player so we need to give him a chance, secondly he's not had a fair crack  of the whip to be written off just yet. I just think BR at times felt he was not the man that could or would of made an impact.  The little game time he got he looked a handfully in the skill,pace department and work rate but just looked to lack that physically stamina.

I reckon he might be given a strict mass gaining programm and we will see a lot of him pre-season before BR makes the final call as to weather he will or wont be a part of the LFC development journey.

YNWA
      Bier
      Reply #256: Jul 01, 2013 04:26:42 pm
      Is being linked to a bunch of Dutchs clubs like PSV, Twente, Feyenoord and Vitesse. Although these are all rumoured to be loan offers, because they can't pay his wages.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,199 posts | 166 
      Reply #257: Jul 01, 2013 04:54:07 pm
      I hoped he would be a kind of Benayoun but it seems he was not good enough or BR did not rate him.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #258: Jul 12, 2013 02:36:24 am
      Just watched a few clips of him when he was playing in Holland and my god the boy can play. I feel he just needs a good run of games to get going which to be fair he has not really been given since he signed. I say keep the lad and try and break him into the first 11 somehow. He certainly has a lot of talent. Shame we dont see much of him.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #259: Jul 12, 2013 05:14:53 am
      Don't think he really got much of a chance to be honest. I can't really judge him so I would like to see him during pre-season and see what he can do.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #260: Jul 12, 2013 07:55:26 am
      Don't think he really got much of a chance to be honest. I can't really judge him so I would like to see him during pre-season and see what he can do.

To be fair I'd imagine Brendan has seen plenty of him in training and he hasn't impressed. Or he would have played more
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #261: Jul 12, 2013 09:22:31 am
      That was my thought too mate, don't know if he'll be about for much longer
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,354 posts | 4969 
      Reply #262: Jul 12, 2013 12:58:06 pm
      I don't any sense in keeping him.

The manager obviously doesn't fancy him so best to move him on and let the likes of Ibe and Sterling get a few more chances.

Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #263: Jul 12, 2013 04:40:08 pm
      To be fair I'd imagine Brendan has seen plenty of him in training and he hasn't impressed. Or he would have played more

Training is a bit different from games. I always played better in games than I did in training. I could not tell you why, it was just the way I am. You never know Assaidi could be the same way.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #264: Jul 12, 2013 06:46:14 pm
      Training is a bit different from games. I always played better in games than I did in training. I could not tell you why, it was just the way I am. You never know Assaidi could be the same way.

My ten year old looks like a schlub in practice, but put him in the game and he scores goals for fun.

Some folks are just like that I guess.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #265: Jul 12, 2013 08:28:11 pm

Top level football is completely different to even semi pro..

What I mean is the gaffer has obviously not seen anything in him in training, that could be tactical, could be fitness, could be simply his level..

Had he shown anything he would have been given time.. Getting no games with our light squad tells me that the manager simply hasn't seen enough.. Simple really.. If he had shown enough why not play him.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #266: Jul 12, 2013 09:18:14 pm
      Top level football is completely different to even semi pro..

What I mean is the gaffer has obviously not seen anything in him in training, that could be tactical, could be fitness, could be simply his level..

Had he shown anything he would have been given time.. Getting no games with our light squad tells me that the manager simply hasn't seen enough.. Simple really.. If he had shown enough why not play him.

Agreed, but he hasn't even been given a chance to play. Training is 10000x different than a real game. I understand it is possibly he hasn't shown much during training. But when we went on a period last season where we were struggling to get points, I think Rodgers should have tried Assaidi out. The only time I really saw him was off the bench, hard to make an impact when your on a new club and you are getting limited time coming from the bench.

Don't think he was given a fair shot to be honest, even if Rodgers saw nothing in him during training, which could be true or could not be true.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,201 posts | 3391 
      Reply #267: Jul 12, 2013 10:09:56 pm
      Has a good five to ten minutes every time he plays then does F**k all until he's subbed.

It say's something that he's only completed a quarter of the games he's played and that throughout 38 Premier League games he didn't start a single one of them.

Not good enough, ship out.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #268: Jul 17, 2013 01:12:31 am
      At first he seemed to be an exciting buy, however after seeing more and more of him it seems he is a one dimensional type of player, all he can do is try and run at players and he doesn't seem to be too effective in doing so.

Wouldn't mind seeing him leave, however if he does stay he needs to up his game.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #269: Aug 08, 2013 12:57:58 am
      The ultimate mystery man, isn't he? He looked sharp today. Made a fantastic flick to Gerrard when the captain blasted it over the bar, and also made the key deflection to Sterling on his goal.  We only paid 3M for him I believe. Certainly an inexpensive, decent option for cup matches. Or we could surely recoup the 3M with a transfer out. Rumors that he's going to be loaned?? I'd love to hear Brendan's honest thoughts on him.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #270: Aug 08, 2013 01:04:56 am
      Loan to QPR?

The mind boggles.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #271: Aug 08, 2013 09:14:14 pm
      l think he good player much better then Fabio borini
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,354 posts | 4969 
      Reply #272: Aug 08, 2013 09:21:12 pm
      I'd rather sell him at a loss than loan him to QPR for a season and porbably pay his wages.

Brendan obviously doesn't rate him and for me if it was a chocie between him and Downing I'd see Oussama and keep Stewie.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #273: Aug 12, 2013 11:38:43 am
      I'd rather sell him at a loss than loan him to QPR for a season and porbably pay his wages.

Brendan obviously doesn't rate him and for me if it was a chocie between him and Downing I'd see Oussama and keep Stewie.
      Well by the looks of it BR might have had a change of heart with Downing off to West ham he might finally give Assadi a shot, everytime he plays he looks skillfull and quick but just his final 3rd lets him down if he works on it then we might have a decent squad player there. I'd keep him and use  him in our 1st cup game to see how he does
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #274: Aug 13, 2013 02:13:25 pm
      Dont think he will be going anyware now that Downing has gone, we might even get to see him play a few games back to back which i think would be good. he just needs to work on his final 3rd crossing and i reckon we've got a decent player for 1mil there!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #275: Aug 13, 2013 03:11:33 pm
      Dont think he will be going anyware now that Downing has gone, we might even get to see him play a few games back to back which i think would be good. he just needs to work on his final 3rd crossing and i reckon we've got a decent player for 1mil there!

He cost us £3.5 million.

Quick Reply