Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4320785 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #25691: Jun 26, 2016 02:12:17 am
      People keep throwing him around but did someone actually pay that for him?

Troy Deeney wants to join Leicester after seeing a £20million bid rejected from the champions.

But the Watford striker is caught in the middle of a transfer battle with the Hornets insisting he is not for sale.

Watford are prepared to dig their heels in as they feel they have stood by the 27-year-old marksman - even after he was sent to prison four years ago.

Leicester have offered £15million plus add-ons for Deeney, who performed impressively for Watford last season with 15 goals in all competitions.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-see-20million-troy-deeney-8151425
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #25692: Jun 26, 2016 02:24:05 am
      Troy Deeney wants to join Leicester after seeing a £20million bid rejected from the champions.

But the Watford striker is caught in the middle of a transfer battle with the Hornets insisting he is not for sale.

Watford are prepared to dig their heels in as they feel they have stood by the 27-year-old marksman - even after he was sent to prison four years ago.

Leicester have offered £15million plus add-ons for Deeney, who performed impressively for Watford last season with 15 goals in all competitions.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-see-20million-troy-deeney-8151425

So like I said, no ones actually paid that amount for him.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25693: Jun 26, 2016 04:39:23 am

Pretty much like Mane...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #25694: Jun 26, 2016 10:04:23 am
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #25695: Jun 26, 2016 05:46:45 pm

True but would you agree if he moves it appears likely it'll be for in excess of £20M?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25696: Jun 26, 2016 05:58:51 pm
      £30mill is nothing these days. You'd have seen the 30-40 marker being spent very rarely 15 years ago. That money would get you a Ronaldo, Luis Figo, Buffon etc but now it will get you an average player.

Just the way the game is going I guess. Give it another 10-15 years and players will regularly be going for 50/60mill etc.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #25697: Jun 26, 2016 06:02:42 pm
      True but would you agree if he moves it appears likely it'll be for in excess of £20M?

Dunno, never heard of him to be honest. Sounded like someone trying to pull a fast one to me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #25698: Jun 26, 2016 06:05:06 pm
      cmon u know if we wanted wanyama we'd have had to pay at least 25 for him guaranteed but spurs pay 11

I don't think that's the case at all to be honest. We weren't taken to the cleaners over Clyne and from what I can gather, Saints fans feel they have done well to get 11 for him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #25699: Jun 26, 2016 06:16:31 pm
      Subotic has said he wants to leave Dortmund...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #25700: Jun 26, 2016 08:49:26 pm
      I don't think that's the case at all to be honest. We weren't taken to the cleaners over Clyne and from what I can gather, Saints fans feel they have done well to get 11 for him.

They didn't rate him? Personally, I thought he was average, not a pure defensive midfielder, more of a defensive form of a Hendo imo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #25701: Jun 26, 2016 11:03:14 pm
      They didn't rate him? Personally, I thought he was average, not a pure defensive midfielder, more of a defensive form of a Hendo imo.

I don't know why but I seem to know quite a lot of Saints fans and they rate him in the sense of he's a unit in midfield but they don't view him as essential player by any means. He doesn't contribute going forward and his defensive play isn't all that special either. Basically their version of Joe Allen. Good enough to have around to add a bit of depth but a bid anything in the region of £10mill and they are more than happy to see him go.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #25702: Jun 26, 2016 11:13:29 pm
      I don't know why but I seem to know quite a lot of Saints fans and they rate him in the sense of he's a unit in midfield but they don't view him as essential player by any means. He doesn't contribute going forward and his defensive play isn't all that special either. Basically their version of Joe Allen. Good enough to have around to add a bit of depth but a bid anything in the region of £10mill and they are more than happy to see him go.

He turned the game around against us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #25703: Jun 26, 2016 11:26:47 pm
      He turned the game around against us.

Joe Allen has had a good game before, Mignolet has had a good game before yet we don't deem them good enough based on the odd game.
      Our biggest downfall in that game they turned around wasn't Wanyama, the goals by Mane etc, it was bringing on Martin Skrtel.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #25704: Jun 26, 2016 11:57:34 pm
      Joe Allen has had a good game before, Mignolet has had a good game before yet we don't deem them good enough based on the odd game.
      Our biggest downfall in that game they turned around wasn't Wanyama, the goals by Mane etc, it was bringing on Martin Skrtel.

Skrtel played his part, but I think it was completely losing the midfield in the second half once Wanyama came on that really cost us the game.

I suppose the same argument applies to Mane as Joe Allen then, although maybe the question should be asked ...why was Mane on the bench if he is as good as people are saying. Are Southampton so good that they can afford to have a superstar sat on their bench?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25705: Jun 27, 2016 12:09:09 am
      Skrtel played his part, but I think it was completely losing the midfield in the second half once Wanyama came on that really cost us the game.

I suppose the same argument applies to Mane as Joe Allen then, although maybe the question should be asked ...why was Mane on the bench if he is as good as people are saying. Are Southampton so good that they can afford to have a superstar sat on their bench?

He only started from the bench 5 times this past season Gary and was unused once for a total of 6 matches out of 42 in all comps where he didn't start.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #25706: Jun 27, 2016 12:11:26 am
      He only started from the bench 5 times this past season Gary and was unused once for a total of 6 matches out of 42 in all comps where he didn't start.

My question still stands mate. Are Southampton so good that they can afford to have a superstar sat on their bench?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25707: Jun 27, 2016 12:20:14 am
      My question still stands mate. Are Southampton so good that they can afford to have a superstar sat on their bench?

I don't know Gary...did he have a niggle from past match or did he have a cup followed by a league match? One match that he did not start he played for Senegal 2 days prior.

Coutinho had 13 matches where he came off the bench
      Firmino had 13
      Messi had 4
      Ronaldo had 3

Think your fishing a bit mate starting all but 6 of 42 matches is pretty solid.

And in complete and utter honestly Gary I have not seen one person on this forum call him a superstar.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25708: Jun 27, 2016 12:20:45 am

I don't know what games they were but at some point in the season Mane was dropped because he was late for training and a team meeting in the lead up to a game. There's also the argument that he wasn't playing well in periods.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #25709: Jun 27, 2016 12:25:47 am

throw in a piss poor disciplinary record, was it 3 reds last year, as for subotic maybe a couple of years ago i would have said go for him but injuries have taken their toll.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #25710: Jun 27, 2016 12:26:00 am
      I don't know Gary...did he have a niggle from past match or did he have a cup followed by a league match? One match that he did not start he played for Senegal 2 days prior.

Coutinho had 13 matches where he came off the bench
      Firmino had 13
      Messi had 4
      Ronaldo had 3

Think your fishing a bit mate starting all but 6 of 42 matches is pretty solid.

And in complete and utter honestly Gary I have not seen one person on this forum call him a superstar.

I don't know what games they were but at some point in the season Mane was dropped because he was late for training and a team meeting in the lead up to a game. There's also the argument that he wasn't playing well in periods.

So we are paying £30+ million for a player with discipline problems who is inconsistent and not a superstar... great :)

We played 63 games mate not 42.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25711: Jun 27, 2016 12:42:12 am
      So we are paying £30+ million for a player with discipline problems who is inconsistent and not a superstar... great :)

The thing is though, he scored more than Firmino and Coutinho did last season in all comps.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25712: Jun 27, 2016 12:47:29 am

Well we would probably ask 60+ million for Coutinho and he's not superstar and he is inconsistent if you look at it that way 30 million is a steal.  ;)

As far as discipline problems perhaps he had a bad kebab the night before and got stuck in the loo at Tesco taking a sh*t and missed the meeting. :)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #25713: Jun 27, 2016 01:38:08 am
      Well we would probably ask 60+ million for Coutinho and he's not superstar and he is inconsistent if you look at it that way 30 million is a steal.  ;)

As far as discipline problems perhaps he had a bad kebab the night before and got stuck in the loo at Tesco taking a sh*t and missed the meeting. :)

I'm just pulling your chain mate, if you read back you will see I am quite pleased at signing Mane. I think we are paying a bit over the odds, but we're used to that by now. Just wanted to see how desperate your arguments would get ... pretty desperate :)

I wanted a winger with pace and who can score goals so I am actually pretty happy.

I do think you should perhaps keep a more open mind than just accepting whatever Klopp does is great though mate. Don't think the toilet defence ever works TBH mate :)   

Quick Reply