Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Suarez on Diving: "It's true I did it"

Read 13084 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Re: Suarez on Diving: "It's true I did it"
      Reply #115: Jan 18, 2013 11:37:19 am
      No idea, you're going to have to explain to me why it is you think I am giving the press respect.
      I am not stating that you personally are awarding the press anything, what I am saying is the media deserve no quarter whatsoever, much less consideration or respect.
      In that sense Luis is justified in saying what the F**k he likes to the shitehawks.
      The owners would probably disagree which may explain BR's not too favourable comments regarding Luis' F**k off comments.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #116: Jan 18, 2013 11:38:28 am
      And we're going to pay for his honesty. As we did 12 months ago.

Make no mistake, there are loads of Webbs and Dowds out there who will take note of what he said, and won't give him the benefit of the doubt the next time he "should" win a penalty.

He gets f**k all anyway so I don't see it making any difference whatsoever.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #117: Jan 18, 2013 11:41:20 am

Again, what has he 'admitted' to?

Its a comedy dive and it was no doubt that: a dive! He has mentioned that one because it wasn't in doubt to anybody that it was a dive.

Hardly a revelation.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #118: Jan 18, 2013 11:48:15 am
      And we're going to pay for his honesty. As we did 12 months ago.

Make no mistake, there are loads of Webbs and Dowds out there who will take note of what he said, and won't give him the benefit of the doubt when he "should" win a penalty.

Nothing affects the decisions those two give out or more importantly fail to give.
      The fact that the offence is glaringly obvious and every rule in the book says so, does not affect it.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #119: Jan 18, 2013 11:53:00 am
      I am not stating that you personally are awarding the press anything, what I am saying is the media deserve no quarter whatsoever, much less consideration or respect.
      Agreed, fully

In that sense Luis is justified in saying what the F**k he likes to the shitehawks.
      Yes, but is it worth all the hassles that come with it, isn't it easier just to, not go near them?

The owners would probably disagree which may explain BR's not too favourable comments regarding Luis' F**k off comments.
      I love Luis, but he's high maintenance. He's worth it, but he's still hard work
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #120: Jan 18, 2013 11:53:55 am
      I reckon the club and BR has dealt with this now and Suarez is happy as ever right now enjoying himself - im sure looking at him yesterday joking around he is fine . Maybe time to move on from it ?
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #121: Jan 18, 2013 12:01:39 pm
      I was taught to not be scared of the truth, He was honest about what he did and I respect him more for doing so. Just because every other "Diver" (and we all know there are pleanty) doesnt admit it, there is no real difference apart from the fact our Luis is honest. so as people have already said and rightly so, f*ck the press, they arnt happy till Luis does somthing. I say let them chew on it and hopefully choke. Ynwa Luis :)
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #122: Jan 18, 2013 12:02:34 pm
      Not really on Topic although it mentions the  diving issue but a nice  explanation on his goal celebrations

Delfina(his 2 year old daughter) an angram of ANFIELD

Luis Suarez reveals double meaning of trademark goal celebration

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/luis-suarez-reveals-double-meaning-of-trademark-goal-celebration-8457435.html
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #123: Jan 18, 2013 12:11:51 pm
      Agreed, fully
      Yes, but is it worth all the hassles that come with it, isn't it easier just to, not go near them?
      I love Luis, but he's high maintenance. He's worth it, but he's still hard work

Genius seldom comes as a flawless entity mate, this is Luis.
      This is the cost we face if we want to utilise his art, never a cheap deal. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #124: Jan 18, 2013 12:23:52 pm
      Got to love how he doesn't give a F**k what non Liverpool people think. Brendan could learn a thing or two from him.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #125: Jan 18, 2013 12:28:56 pm
      He's ours he loyal and he deserves the same loyalty back.In the real world everyone knows that footballers will do what they can to gain an advantage I just don't get the noise being made.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #126: Jan 18, 2013 12:30:28 pm
      OH MY GOD A PLAYER DIVED IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD

False moralism, English football at its best!
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #127: Jan 18, 2013 12:32:58 pm
      Got to love how he doesn't give a f**k what non Liverpool people think. Brendan could learn a thing or two from him.

Exactly dont give a F**k myself hate the press and media BR should learn some loyalty
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #128: Jan 18, 2013 12:40:09 pm

A player admitted he dived, and because that player is LUIS and he plays for LIVERPOOL  , they make it as its the end of the world
        If young-shriek- valenzia-bale-aguero-rvp- and many many more do it , and they have done it. No thats modern football and is sometimes accepted

YNWA
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #129: Jan 18, 2013 12:49:39 pm
      I hate the media now - who gives a F**k?

yes he dives so does every other f**ker, ashley young anyone?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #130: Jan 18, 2013 12:50:02 pm

yes its ok to take drugs, cheat on your pregnant wife with a prostitue,try to end players careers with bad tackles but no do not dive and if you do ffs don't admit it even though every camera and millions of people around the world saw you do it.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #131: Jan 18, 2013 12:52:37 pm
      First pasrt of the interview in spanish, for any of you who is fluent. Cant find the second part.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxUGBJ46AU8

Loved the bit at 0.45 aprox "Luis has earned the hearts of the Kop, the biggest, most popular and passionate following in England" See...everyone in the world knows that!

"South AMericans are treated differently in ENgland" (in context, in a bad way)

around 2.30 start the interesting part. He also says that when the ball hit his hand, he wasnt even in the mood for scoring (that sound funny, doesnt it :) )  Press failed to mention that as well.

Around 4 mins, on EVra. "When someone says something about me being South American (refering to Evra in third person),I am not going to go running crying", and then the part about the Scum "they have a lot of power, and are always going to get helped"

At 4.26 " If i pay attention to what everyone outside says, I couldnt live here"

Around 5.5, youngsters win you matches but the experienced ones, the Men are the ones that win you championships"

Will try to get the second part
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2013 01:07:57 pm by QuicoGalante »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #132: Jan 18, 2013 01:00:27 pm
      If he was the only player in he game to cheat I might understand some reds being let down and annoyed at him.

All hes done is be honest and admitted he has cheated and some of his own turn on him. Jesus Christ. You may turn on our whole squad then because they will have "cheated" at some stage in 1 form or another. Or better yet turn away from the game completely because its rife with it and if your not seeing that  your Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder combined
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #133: Jan 18, 2013 01:04:09 pm
      If he was the only player in he game to cheat I might understand some reds being let down and annoyed at him.

All hes done is be honest and admitted he has cheated and some of his own turn on him. Jesus Christ. You may turn on our whole squad then because they will have "cheated" at some stage in 1 form or another. Or better yet turn away from the game completely because its rife with it and if your not seeing that  your Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder combined

The thing I don't like about it all is he spoke to the media about it and created headlines again

Managers have publicly backed him every week against accusations made against by the media etc and just think it was a little silly to admit to the press after the manager defending him .

But it's nothing major - they have prob had a chat about it - BR has kicked him the arse and now it's all forgetton about. Big mountain out of a molehill.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #134: Jan 18, 2013 01:20:15 pm
      YAWN. He dived against Stoke, and admitted to it. If he said it straight after the incident he would probably have been praised for coming clean.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #135: Jan 18, 2013 01:24:33 pm
      Lance Armstrong admitted doping, Suarez saying he dived! Oh my, it's the end of the world, what's happening to our beloved sports? We are so shocked!

Bring back our Corinthians Casuals!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #136: Jan 18, 2013 02:07:43 pm
      Lance Armstrong admitted doping, Suarez saying he dived! Oh my, it's the end of the world, what's happening to our beloved sports? We are so shocked!

Bring back our Corinthians Casuals!
      People just keep on missing the point

The point, is not that he dived, but that he told the gutter press
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #137: Jan 18, 2013 02:13:21 pm
      Here is the dive in question.

Suarez dive against vs Stoke FUNNY

To be honest, he needs some Ashley Young skills, 'cos that is a shocker.

Remember laughing my arse off with my dad when this happened, a few people screamed 'pen' we just laughed, never gonna be given and was so on top you knew it was a dive.

By the way anyone complaining, did you moan when John Barnes used to go down for pens, that's if you're old enough to remember occasionally how easy he went down for pens. Don't remember anyone getting too honest then, especially when it helped us on our way to Wembley or the league!!

Quick Reply