Total Members Voted: 102

Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 25/9/13 7.45pm - League Cup R3

Read 17156 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Re: Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 25/9/13 7.45pm - League Cup R3
      Reply #23: Sep 23, 2013 04:55:11 pm
      I would start with Kelly as right back even if he only has 1 leg, ahead of Kolo - Kolo is our best centre half (and player at times) and needs to be in the centre. Agger clearly needs a rest.

Mignolet
      Kelly   Kolo   Skrtel  Jose
      Hendo    Lucas   Alberto
             Luis    Raheem
                Sturridge
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Sep 23, 2013 05:25:31 pm
      Mignolet

Kolo Skrtel Sakho Jose

Lucas Gerrard

Henderson Alberto Sterling

Suarez

I'd start that team. I don't think Kelly is fit enough to come in and start against United. His involvement tomorrow would also depend on his level of involvement for the under-21s tonight against City. I would start Sturridge on the bench and give him a bit of a rest and possibly bring him on early in the second half depending on the score and situation. Suarez to start and get a majority of the game under his belt. It's not as though he is completely lacking match fitness considering he has had international matches and behind closed door matches too.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #25: Sep 23, 2013 07:19:33 pm
      Would like to start a full-strength team, but think theres a few players who still arent fully fit or even match fit, so would probably opt for a weaker team, BUT its against our (arguably) biggest rivals. Soo glad Suarez is back and hope he is in fine form straight away an takes the game to them.

Seen that Ilori, Flanagan, Kelly, Alberto, Sterling + Ibe arent in the u21 team that are playing at the moment so I would expect something similar to this....

Mignolet
                               Kelly    Toure    Sakho   Enrique
                                      Henderson   Gerrard 
                                               Alberto
                                      Sterling      Moses
                                               Suarez

Jones; Flanagan, Ilori; Lucas; Ibe, Aspas, Sturridge

Not sure what kinda team that they might play but would expect near full strength, talks that RVP will be out completely, which is good, think a win would be big, even if its just in the ("mickey mouse") cup. An would bring us back to the sorta happiness we were at pre-Southampton/Swansea.

Think we will win 2-1 in extra time (Suarez with both goals) + get Everton away in the next round.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #26: Sep 23, 2013 09:42:02 pm
      Lets smash these up. Boom.  Lucas needs to watch out for Shrek, as he seems to be hitting form. With that said we have our number 9 back, and can see him having a blinder:

Mignolet
      Kelly      Toure              Skrtel       Enrique
                                    Lucas
                  Gerrard     
                           Henderson
          Moses                              Suarez
                           Sturridge

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #27: Sep 23, 2013 10:02:00 pm
      My birthday tomorrow ! Hope the red men deliver a nice pressy for me tomorrow night. Gonna miss the match as have to go to College with my lad. No alternative dates or times. What a bummer, I'll be on the edge of my seat all night.
      Wasn't expecting to get anything from this match due to current poor form, but that has to end sometime I supose, so it just as well be today. Getting slightly more optomistic now, and excited. Can't wait to turn them over and destroy their season to be honest. C.O.Y.M.R.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #28: Sep 23, 2013 10:10:38 pm
      My birthday tomorrow ! Hope the red men deliver a nice pressy for me tomorrow night. Gonna miss the match as have to go to College with my lad. No alternative dates or times. What a bummer, I'll be on the edge of my seat all night.
      Wasn't expecting to get anything from this match due to current poor form, but that has to end sometime I supose, so it just as well be today. Getting slightly more optomistic now, and excited. Can't wait to turn them over and destroy their season to be honest. C.O.Y.M.R.

You'll be ok Gerns, the match isnt till Wednesday  8)
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #29: Sep 23, 2013 10:14:32 pm
      Full strength. No excuses. tw*t the cu*ts.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #30: Sep 23, 2013 10:34:53 pm

Pissed already - nice one mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #31: Sep 23, 2013 11:21:47 pm
      Agree with those who suggest leaving one of Gerrard/Lucas and Sturridge out for this one although I'm not sure it'll happen.

Mignolet

McLaughlin  Skrtel  Sakho  Enrique

Lucas  Henderson

Alberto

Sterling  Suarez  Moses

I don't think it'll be this as Brendan won't leave Gerrard out and I'm guessing he will also play Lucas. Ryan will also not play but I'd be tempted to get him in the side and see how he does as I can't see him doing any worse than any other right back this season bar Glen.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #32: Sep 23, 2013 11:47:00 pm
      Quote from: GERNS on Today at 10:02:00 PMMy birthday tomorrow ! Hope the red men deliver a nice pressy for me tomorrow night. Gonna miss the match as have to go to College with my lad. No alternative dates or times. What a bummer, I'll be on the edge of my seat all night.

Pissed already - nice one mate.

Yeah, Just come back on, having realised what I put on earlier post.
      It all fits in if we were playing tomorrow !  Lost the plot I think, they do say old age doesn't come alone. ;D   Must rush off now and take another tablet.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #33: Sep 23, 2013 11:50:29 pm
      After we beat them they will not be calling Moyes Lancelot,they will be calling him losealot.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #34: Sep 24, 2013 05:58:05 am
      Yeah, Just come back on, having realised what I put on earlier post.
      It all fits in if we were playing tomorrow !  Lost the plot I think, they do say old age doesn't come alone. ;D   Must rush off now and take another tablet.

Haha no worries mate, done the same meself.
      Used to be able to correct anytime but now it's a half hour limit I think.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #35: Sep 24, 2013 06:58:24 am
      I'm confident we will win if Gerrard and Lucas play as the beasts they really are. Suarez and Sturridge will do the job, my only worry is that Aspas starts. He is not good enough to start vs ManUtd at the moment, he needs to prove himself.

I'd like to see this team start.

Sturridge
      Suarez                      Sterling
                     Hendo
            Lucas       Gerrard

Enrique     Sakho   Skrtel    Toure

Mignolet

WE should not start youngster, we should win!
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #36: Sep 24, 2013 08:27:30 am
      Have a sense that Suarez will either be the hero or the villian on this one.

What I mean by that is that either he will score the winning goal and terrorise Vidic and co - or be sent off for a stupid tackle on someone like RVP or Young.

Although - to be honest, if he scored the winning goal AND took out out RVP for a few months, even if it meant another 2 or 3 game ban, I would take that :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #37: Sep 24, 2013 10:20:33 am
      Have a sense that Suarez will either be the hero or the villian on this one.

What I mean by that is that either he will score the winning goal and terrorise Vidic and co - or be sent off for a stupid tackle on someone like RVP or Young.

Although - to be honest, if he scored the winning goal AND took out out RVP for a few months, even if it meant another 2 or 3 game ban, I would take that :)

The pr**k Van Persie has shown his colours and the officials are suss with him, with everything turning to sh*t for the mancs the usual 80% home side decision award will be thing of the past, especially with bacon face having no influence on the game either.
      Luis has only one aspect of his game to improve - his emotion, the rest of his game is 110%.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #38: Sep 24, 2013 10:35:48 am
      Don't care which 11 start, don't care how many we score, just make sure we come away with our name in the hat for the draw.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,535 posts | 3470 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39: Sep 24, 2013 10:42:10 am
      I'm confident we will win if Gerrard and Lucas play as the beasts they really are. Suarez and Sturridge will do the job, my only worry is that Aspas starts. He is not good enough to start vs ManUtd at the moment, he needs to prove himself.

I'd like to see this team start.

Sturridge
      Suarez                      Sterling
                     Hendo
            Lucas       Gerrard

Enrique     Sakho   Skrtel    Toure

Mignolet

WE should not start youngster, we should win!

Sturridge in goal ! only kidding
      bmcg
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #40: Sep 24, 2013 11:43:46 am
      beating them again so soon would be truly wonderful , just cant see it though ,  sorry
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #41: Sep 24, 2013 12:45:42 pm
      Agree with those who suggest leaving one of Gerrard/Lucas and Sturridge out for this one although I'm not sure it'll happen.

Mignolet

McLaughlin  Skrtel  Sakho  Enrique

Lucas  Henderson

Alberto

Sterling  Suarez  Moses

I don't think it'll be this as Brendan won't leave Gerrard out and I'm guessing he will also play Lucas. Ryan will also not play but I'd be tempted to get him in the side and see how he does as I can't see him doing any worse than any other right back this season bar Glen.

Unfortunately though McLaughlin played 90 minutes at RM last night and did so much running with and without the ball but he also picked up a slight knock on his left ankle so not sure even if it was possible that he would have any involvement in tonight's match. I would love to see him play against a lesser team at some point though. He seems the most accurate replacement for Johnson as he plays in a similar manner unlike Wisdom and Kelly.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #42: Sep 24, 2013 12:52:28 pm
      I would love to see him play against a lesser team at some point though. He seems the most accurate replacement for Johnson as he plays in a similar manner unlike Wisdom and Kelly.

I think he'll be better than Johnson mate, he's a better defender and has better positional sense.  He's also quicker and has a better cross when he goes past his man. 
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #43: Sep 24, 2013 12:54:15 pm
      I think he'll be better than Johnson mate, he's a better defender and has better positional sense.  He's also quicker and has a better cross when he goes past his man. 

Completely agree. Ryan for me should start getting blooded in with the team.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #44: Sep 24, 2013 12:59:02 pm

There you go! This will be the line-up.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #45: Sep 24, 2013 01:02:25 pm

There you go! This will be the line-up.