Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. man of the Match:

22 Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      19 Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      18 Moreno
      57 (36.5%)
      08 Gerrard
      1 (0.6%)
      06 Lovren
      1 (0.6%)
      17 Sakho
      0 (0%)
      14 Henderson
      24 (15.4%)
      31 Sterling*
      69 (44.2%)
      45 Balotelli**
      0 (0%)
      15 Sturridge
      2 (1.3%)
      24 Allen***
      1 (0.6%)
      23 Can - 61'***
      0 (0%)
      50 Markovic - 61' **
      0 (0%)
      03 Jose Enrique - 86'*
      1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Tottenham 0:3 Liverpool, In Game and post match happiness.

Read 26141 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Tottenham 0:3 Liverpool, In Game and post match happiness.
      Reply #322: Aug 31, 2014 04:11:02 pm
      When you have a left back that can do that,it gives the team another dimension,whole team played well,clean sheet as well,happy days :)

Nah mate, I prefer Luke Shaw at more than double the price and double the weight!  ;D
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #323: Aug 31, 2014 04:11:36 pm
      that was top quality Liverpool football from a pretty young Liverpool side. you have to be buzzing after that!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #324: Aug 31, 2014 04:12:58 pm
      Made up with Balotelli, a really good mix of brain and braun, you could see defenders stand off him knowing full well as they did he was no pushover - literally.
      Really excited about his potential.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #325: Aug 31, 2014 04:13:46 pm
      In all honesty, I like this team more than last season. No disrespect to Suarez, we relied too much on Suarez last season and this season we are more of an all rounder team, everyone can score a goal, Moreno has just started the ball rolling.

I'm very impressed with Can ... he's strong and rampaged past spuds midfield and defence. If Struridge and Balo links up well with him then we'll terrify defences. Markovic did not show much of what he could do except some pinball like back and side passes. Impressed with Mano and Lovren. Stevie much better in the 2nd half and Hendo as usual hardworking.

Allen must run into the box more often as he has shown promises today, BR gotto tell him to do that more often. 

Overall, very happy with the performance. We look stronger overall compared to last season.

With Enrique and Moreno on the left, I think not much can get pass us there.

Looking forward to Can imposing his presence in the team. A few flicks and passes have already demonstrated that.

Well done BR in the transfer window.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #326: Aug 31, 2014 04:18:28 pm
      Not saying Sterling- Henderson- Sturridge don't deserve it
       But I voted for Moreno , for his strenght- performance- commitment and  a wonderful GOAL
       I think he is going to take the premiereship by storm

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #327: Aug 31, 2014 04:19:38 pm
      Good to be back to winning ways. brilliant game. ynwa
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #328: Aug 31, 2014 04:19:58 pm
      Wow that was easy. Genuinely thought we'd have a tougher task but we showed the form that took us to 2nd last season and looked incredible today. Could have even been 5 or 6

Balotelli was a handful for them at times. He'll soon adapt to our style and will eventually start banging them in.

Alberto Moreno for me was fantastic. Not just his goal, but his workrate and his ability to defend. He's going to be a terrific player for us. This is why so many people wanted him over Bertrand or Davies. It pays to get your no.1 targets.

Sakho I thought was a little clumsy in possession. Main thing is we kept the clean sheet and it looks as if he should partner Lovren in defence for the long term. Manquillo I thought defended very well. Doesn't attack like Moreno, but his defending was spot on.

Happy with Cans short cameo. Looks strong, agile and fast.

Sterling easy man of the match. This player is frightful to opposing defenders. Didn't think he'd flourish without Suarez but instead he has taken the opportunity to be our star player.

The rest were good as usual. Still a little more organisation needed in defence but so far so good.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #329: Aug 31, 2014 04:24:59 pm
      Immensely deserved three points today. LFC. F***ing boss. This was the right reaction to getting beat by last seasons champions on Monday. We totally dominated Spurs apart from a few chances that we dealt with.

Impressed by the improvement in defence.

Impressed by the desire and determination.

Impressed by the composure for our goals. Easily could have had more.

We're only going to get better under Rodgers. Excellent 100th game in charge. Well in boss!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #330: Aug 31, 2014 04:25:30 pm
      Oh, and this creates a nice problem for us. Do we let Glen Johnson back in the team? How does Adam Lallana fit in now? Or what about Skrtel even? And then little Phillipe, who couldn't even get a minute today.

The back four today I regard as our strongest. The difference with Glen Johnson and our two young Spanish fullbacks is age and awareness. Both Spaniards read the game well, both tackle well, and both are decent in possession. I see no way back for Johnson now.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 824 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #331: Aug 31, 2014 04:26:38 pm
      Amazing attacking display and great all round performance, that was exactly what we needed, that will give us a good amount of arrogance and confidence going into the next couple of games, the players of our team and other teams alike knowing we still have that attacking brilliance in our locker. Real confidence boost.

We looked strong defensively, starting with Mignolet, didn't have much to do but kept his concentration well, made a brilliant save and his distribution was better. Manquillo looked strong, upgrade from Johnson (not hard) he kept the width well and linked up well with Henderson, was rash in a challenge which cost him a yellow but made several great interceptions and blocks and stuck tight to his man which i like to see.  Lovren and Sakho were shaky at times, Lovren seemed uneasy in trusting Sakho all the time which needs to change (we saw this with Lovren taking Sakho's header and missing, leaving us exposed) but both of them unlike the Skrtel - Lovren partnership are strong and quick enough to recover making an non issue.

Special mention to Moreno, who for me was my man of the match. His hunger to win the ball is what i like most about him, he has balls of steel and is fearless, doesn't matter who is in his way, he is going to fight tooth and nail to get that ball. And after an injury, after an individual mistake which arguably changed the game last week, he comes out and plays with such heart, such hunger and desire was brilliant for me. When he won the ball and made that run for his goal, he gave it everything to make it happen and boy he did, brilliant performance.

Henderson, Sterling and Sturridge all looked equally good in my opinion, Henderson bossed the midfield, did his job and compensated for Gerrard and arguably Allen's poor performances (in my eyes), he pressed superbly and kept us ticking well and played a brilliant ball for the Sterling goal. Sterling himself was what we needed in that 10 role, on the ball all the time, looking to win it back whenever lost and always running at players causing them to commit allowing space for Sturridge and Balotelli, which is essential for us. Sturridge did enough to look good for me, couple wasted shots but his play on the ball was superb, at times he does too much but today i was impressed with his ability when running with the ball.

Balotelli, well, well, well. Who said his lazy? He was everywhere, pressing tackling, clearing the ball in defense, the only thing his game lacked was a goal which he could of easily had. The difference in that performance and Coutinho's last week was clear to see, Balotelli tried his utmost best to close down and grind for the team at every chance. He may not have scored but he had a great influence on the game.

All in all a brilliant attacking display, with a strong defensive showing behind it. Come on Redmen onto the next one.

P.S - Markovic and Can both looked class when coming on.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #332: Aug 31, 2014 04:28:14 pm
      Can't find much fault with this team, 6 new players in the second half and they're only into the 3rd game of  competitive matches. I thought they needed more time to gel. 2 wins and lost 1 can't ask for more. Spuds is not that bad as many of us thought, they simply did not find a way pass us while our front line was only working at 1/2 pace.

Hope Spuds inflict some damages to our title competitors. 

Impressed with Balo, he could have scored 2 goals if he had been sharper and he can only get sharper.

Nice to see BR giving him a pat on the back when he came off.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #333: Aug 31, 2014 04:32:08 pm
      Moreno you F***ing beauty.

Two muppet Spurs supporters who wouldn't shut up at the bar copped a shitload after that one went in.

Great result we even by some miracle managed a clean sheet, Sakho doesn't convince me at all also thought Manquillo was a bit hit and miss but he's young so that's bound to happen but the sooner Flanagan is fit the better anyhow.

Balotelli was unlucky, thought the commentators were an absolute disgrace and wanted him to fail but it was a solid debut nonetheless.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #334: Aug 31, 2014 04:36:44 pm
      Balo, Sturridge, Sterling, Can and markovic in the front line is pretty frighthening, I'd say. Happy we did kept a clean sheet. I haven't even mention Lallana yet.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #335: Aug 31, 2014 04:37:40 pm
      Moreno you f**king beauty.

Two muppet Spurs supporters who wouldn't shut up at the bar copped a shitload after that one went in.

Great result we even by some miracle managed a clean sheet, Sakho doesn't convince me at all also thought Manquillo was a bit hit and miss but he's young so that's bound to happen but the sooner Flanagan is fit the better anyhow.

Balotelli was unlucky, thought the commentators were an absolute disgrace and wanted him to fail but it was a solid debut nonetheless.

Really, I was watching a Sky feed online, and Niall Quinn was very complementary about him (btw, a great co-commentator, much better than that tw*t Alan Smith).

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #336: Aug 31, 2014 04:39:32 pm
      Seems like we have real depth in the squad for the first time in years - even under Benitez's best years the bench didn't look too appetising.

Good strong young players - I like that (sounds a bit homoerotic, but I can assure you its not! Mind you more performances like this.....).
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #337: Aug 31, 2014 04:39:36 pm
      Why is this place so quiet, we lost to shitty we got 29 pages and we won against spuds we got only 12.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #338: Aug 31, 2014 04:40:56 pm
      Moreno you f**king beauty.

Nah, I actually thought Manquillo looked very very solid. I wouldn't automatically displace him with Flanagan just yet.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #339: Aug 31, 2014 04:42:32 pm
      Why is this place so quiet, we lost to shitty we got 29 pages and we won against spuds we got only 12.

Dunno why, though there was a shitstorm brewing on Brendan Rodgers page last night with the argument questioning him rearing its ugly head yet again - seems as if those folk have crawled back into the woodwork.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #340: Aug 31, 2014 04:45:29 pm
      We were excellent weren't we? A clean sheet too, with another extremely solid display in terms of defending set pieces. On the evidence of that, I would be extremely disappointed to finish below Spurs this season, and I think they'll be in the top six.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #341: Aug 31, 2014 04:48:22 pm
      Tough away game against a top 7 challenger. 3 goals, clean sheet with a new back 4. Couldn't ask for more.

Hendo, Moreno & Sterling the standout performers for me.

Lovren & Sahko were bad first half but grew into the game, especially Sahko. They seemed to get in each other's way a bit too. Thought Manquillo quietly did ok too. Moreno had a good game, and mostly the same as the City game but seemed to be more confident today. Took his goal brilliantly.

Midfield was good. Pressed well and did their defensive work well. Gerrard actually was better off the ball than when on it, which is a change. Henderson the best of the 4.

Mario & Studge worked hard and created plenty chances for themselves. On another day, either could have had a few goals. They look like they will work well in the same team at the same time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #342: Aug 31, 2014 04:59:12 pm
      Well that was a stroll in the park. Peeps on here reckoned it would a very tough match!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #343: Aug 31, 2014 05:11:24 pm
      I could watch Moreno's goal all day. Exquisite.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #344: Aug 31, 2014 05:12:19 pm
      Have just clicked on to Moreno's goal for the Reds, Honestly think any striker including Suarez would be proud of that goal.

Quick Reply