Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.5%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      55 (42.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      33 (25.4%)
      Joe Allen
      19 (14.6%)
      Emre Can
      8 (6.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.8%)
      Phil Coutinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (3.1%)
      Jordon Ibe
      6 (4.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: Jan 08, 2016 10:05:53 pm

Stoke City 0:1 Liverpool. League Cup 1st Semi Final. Intra & post match debate

Read 36626 times
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Re: Live: Stoke V Liverpool
      Reply #690: Jan 05, 2016 10:03:17 pm
      Made up, great win, big boost as well, 90 minutes from the final  :clap: :clap: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #691: Jan 05, 2016 10:03:23 pm
      If Klopp really is looking to sign Matip on a pre-contract for the summer it might be worth paying a bit more to get him like... tomorrow.

Mate, I read that he has paid an extra million and he is not going back to Belgrade. Was that a bullshit report?

EDIT.  disregard, wrong player!
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #692: Jan 05, 2016 10:03:28 pm
      Kolo was a monster tonight . Much improved performance and i can't believe the ref being so biased. Unbelievable , is he always like this . I can't remember such bias by a ref in all my years watching .
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #693: Jan 05, 2016 10:03:33 pm
      Great performance defensively! Quite worrying if
      Lovren,Sakho,Skrtel and Toure are all injured and out for a week or two.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #694: Jan 05, 2016 10:03:38 pm
      Am I being a bit hard on Benteke I still think he came on with a bad attitude and just strolled around and never made himself available to help the lads at the back out
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #695: Jan 05, 2016 10:03:48 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #696: Jan 05, 2016 10:03:49 pm
      Lucas my MOTM.

Immense for the second half in what isn't his normal position.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,983 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #697: Jan 05, 2016 10:03:55 pm
      Chuffed to F**k with that result, cannot fault anyone, even that one trick pony was half decent, job only half done tho,

Well in lads, better effort tonight, played as tho you wanted to, now onto the Mighty Grecians Friday,

My motm.......

"Kolo, Kolo Kolo, Kolo Kolo, Kolo Toure", followed closely by Lucas.

YNWA
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #698: Jan 05, 2016 10:04:09 pm
      If Klopp really is looking to sign Matip on a pre-contract for the summer it might be worth paying a bit more to get him like... tomorrow.

Recall Ilori maybe?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #699: Jan 05, 2016 10:04:13 pm
      Agree about Kolo, another plus is you can keep the name a little longer, pray he doesn't score 2nd leg or you'll have to be Inho!  :lmao:

Koloinho has a nice ring to it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #700: Jan 05, 2016 10:04:25 pm
      What a performance boys, really, really impressed with that. Right attitude, right application and so many MEN out there, that's more like it!

Migs: Shaky at times, decent save at the end of the first half but shouldn't be getting booked. Also a bit naughty when they gave the ball back to waste time too, unsportsman that. 6/10

Clyne: Thought he was one of our worst players, starting to have a few doubts about Nat. 5/10

Kolo: He's a god, as Crouchy says, a stud, what an awesome perfomance fella. Gutted if you're injured, really deserved to keep his place it was that good a display and that "ice hockey" challenge will live long in the memory. 9/10

Lovren: Excellent before he went off, also gutted for him was playing so well for us, one of our best players in that first half. 7/10 (based on time)

Moreno: Got exposed a few times, Brad Smith might well be knocking loudly on the door for a starting place soon. 5/10

Lucas: Superb, did really well in his normal role but also deputising. One truly awesome challenge on the edge of the box and that run! Thought he was going to in there, top stuff lad, well played. 8/10

Can: Thought he was very good first half, not as good second half, still one of his better displays for us that, well played Emre. 7/10

Allen: My word Joe Allen, this has to be one of his last chances but he finally grabbed a chance with both arms. Really impressed me tonight, his control, his short passing actually had purpose, he closed down really well and was not bullied in the slightest. Could have been MotM if he made the 90 mins (although would be tough to take that from Kolo) 8/10

Lallana: Ran his socks off, think he could step up a few yards when we don't have the ball and far too many arty farty turns for no reason. Also one horrible pass but overall was decent, good response to being dropped. 7/10

Coutinho: Shame he went off, looked decent the short time he was on, get well soon lad. 6/10 (based on time)

Firmino: Awesome, ran his bloody socks off, some of his intricate play was a joy to watch and really did show what he can do when up there alone (not his natural role) and damn did he deserve a goal. A couple of loose moment just keeping him off a run for MotM 8/10

Ibe: Did well to get his goal, thought he also defended really well second half and was looking confident again, can see him working his way into the starting XI 7/10

Milner: Great pass early on, ran his socks off but really did lose the ball too much and couldn't quite get a grip of the game the way others had. Still good to see him back and it might have been a bit of rush so that has to be taken into account 6/10

Benteke: Didn't do much when he came on at all, you'd almost be forgiven for not remembering him come on, wasn't a good response to being dropped. 5/10

MotM: Kolo what a guy!

Klopp: Really got the lads revved up for this, right team selection, had them completely rattled in that first half and we really did defend so well. Organisation that was superb, well in boss! Gutted for him having to deal with all these injuries, can only play the cards you're dealt and the poor f**ker is sitting there with an empty hand at the top table nearly.

Well done boys, proud of you tonight!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #701: Jan 05, 2016 10:04:32 pm
      We struggled big time when Allen aka The Welsh Pirlo went off and the big lump came on.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Stoke City 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match medical debrief
      Reply #702: Jan 05, 2016 10:05:03 pm
      Am I being a bit hard on Benteke I still think he came on with a bad attitude and just strolled around and never made himself available to help the lads at the back out

No I don't think you are. He offered very very little.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #703: Jan 05, 2016 10:05:43 pm
      Lucas did well too, but going for Kolo as MOTM, composed and commanding. Well in Kolo.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #704: Jan 05, 2016 10:06:06 pm
      We struggled big time when Allen aka The Welsh Pirlo went off and the big lump came on.

you could have actually put Joe up front and he would have made a better job than Beneteke
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #705: Jan 05, 2016 10:06:07 pm
      "Medical debrief". Haha. Whoever changed the title did a good job.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 290 
      Reply #706: Jan 05, 2016 10:06:40 pm
      Great performance lads, me being the miserable sod that I am feel a bit bitter sweet not just with the injuries but it's a pity we couldn't have got another but offer me that before 8 o'clock tonight I'd have snatched your hand off.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #707: Jan 05, 2016 10:06:49 pm
      try saying Kolo without smiling
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #708: Jan 05, 2016 10:07:00 pm

I can't stand him right now mate.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Stoke City 0:1 Liverpool. League Cup 1st Semi Final. Intra & post match debate.
      Reply #709: Jan 05, 2016 10:07:17 pm
      Mate, I read that he has paid an extra million and he is not going back to Belgrade. Was that a bullshit report?

EDIT.  disregard, wrong player!

You mean Grujic, right? I also read he's actually coming in January instead of going back on loan, but it was a guy on twitter I have no idea how realiable it was
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Stoke City 0:1 Liverpool. League Cup 1st Semi Final. Intra & post match debate.
      Reply #710: Jan 05, 2016 10:07:25 pm
      you could have actually put Joe up front and he would have made a better job than Beneteke

Would have won more headers at least.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #711: Jan 05, 2016 10:08:06 pm

I'd say he was told to stay up front and provide an outlet, as Klopp knew we would be under pressure at the end.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #712: Jan 05, 2016 10:08:06 pm

Impossible.

Quick Reply