Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Sadio Mane (Southampton)

Read 56123 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Re: Sadio Mane (Southampton)
      Reply #391: Jun 25, 2016 01:29:39 pm
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #392: Jun 25, 2016 02:08:42 pm
      Why all the negativity. Mane is a class player! £30 million is the new £20 million. Good business.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #393: Jun 25, 2016 02:12:57 pm
      You say something about gotze he be poor last season spent most time injury or never get game but people what us buy him; l happy we hopeful get mane good player pace and strength a kloop type player

I actually want us to sign Mane as well for those very reasons.

But I would still snap Bayerns hand off for Gotze for £20 million.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #394: Jun 25, 2016 02:14:35 pm
      Why all the negativity. Mane is a class player! £30 million is the new £20 million. Good business.

:lmao:

I'm more positive about this signing than I was before just because I think he represents the a type of player and position that is severely lacking any form of class. We've been playing attacking midfielders on our wings for years now and it doesn't work great at all in my opinion.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #395: Jun 25, 2016 02:24:15 pm
      I hate the argument of 'Its not your money so why are you bothered

I'll admit I used to say that then one day I decided that I needed to stop doing certain things that made me look like a tw*t so that was one of things that went out of the window.

Still working on the whole cutting out the none tw*t things thing, though.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #396: Jun 25, 2016 02:44:08 pm
      Nathen Redmond having a medical at the saints so looks like Manes replacement.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #397: Jun 25, 2016 02:55:03 pm

Expect we will sign him next summer then.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #398: Jun 25, 2016 03:06:24 pm
      Expect we will sign him next summer then.

:lmao: yes very good.

On Maine, he's shown that on occasions he's a f****** brilliant player so I can't really understand why people are a bit negative about him. If the boss can get him to play regularly like he did against us a couple of times last season he'll look like a snip at 30 mill. It's really not that much in todays Premiership market (Troy Deeney was valued at more than that FFS) so my feelings are if the boss wants him and not just the committee (and that certainly appears to be the case) lets just get it done.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #399: Jun 25, 2016 03:21:19 pm

Still working on the whole cutting out the none tw*t things thing, though.
      Keep it up though mate you're getting there ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #400: Jun 25, 2016 03:42:58 pm
      Keep it up though mate you're getting there ;)

:D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #401: Jun 25, 2016 04:14:31 pm

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/746599937903845376

:laugh:
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #402: Jun 25, 2016 05:18:28 pm
      this potential signing smells of stuart downing
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #403: Jun 25, 2016 05:22:52 pm
      this potential signing smells of stuart downing

They're nothing like the same...

Also, at least spell the guy's name right.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #404: Jun 25, 2016 05:59:49 pm
      They're nothing like the same...

Also, at least spell the guy's name right.

Is there any need to be petty about spelling? Over a F***ing name as well. I don't think he was comparing mane to downing as players either.

I agree with him and I also think it reaks of a downing type signing. He was on fire at Villa before we came in and signed him. if I'm not mistaken he had the most assists for a midfielder in the PL the season before he came here.

We have a long history of signing flavour of the month type players from mid table clubs who just don't cut it here. It looks like Mane is on his way so we will soon see how gets on - fingers crossed he does well and I'll be right behind him from day one.

But just like downing and just like Carroll and just like benteke I have my doubts. I feel we're over spending massively. I think mane is far too inconsistent and I'm not convinced he is good enough for us with the ambitions we have.

I want the club to get a F***ing grip and stop making these type of signings. But let's see. Hopefully I'm wrong. I don't think mane for 30m is a big a disaster as Carroll or benteke not was but I'm still not happy with this.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #405: Jun 25, 2016 08:05:06 pm
      Mane hasn't done bad over the last couple of seasons, and if the manager can raise his game, the same percentage he has raised some of our players, who were pretty dire at times, he could be sensational for us.

Just an opinion.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #406: Jun 25, 2016 08:12:01 pm
      Is there any need to be petty about spelling? Over a f**king name as well. I don't think he was comparing mane to downing as players either.

I agree with him and I also think it reaks of a downing type signing. He was on fire at Villa before we came in and signed him. if I'm not mistaken he had the most assists for a midfielder in the PL the season before he came here.

We have a long history of signing flavour of the month type players from mid table clubs who just don't cut it here. It looks like Mane is on his way so we will soon see how gets on - fingers crossed he does well and I'll be right behind him from day one.

But just like downing and just like Carroll and just like benteke I have my doubts. I feel we're over spending massively. I think mane is far too inconsistent and I'm not convinced he is good enough for us with the ambitions we have.

I want the club to get a f**king grip and stop making these type of signings. But let's see. Hopefully I'm wrong. I don't think mane for 30m is a big a disaster as Carroll or benteke not was but I'm still not happy with this.

Problem is, we have to go for the players the boss sees potential in. His type of player to fit into his short term plan.
      I say short term, because  we clearly fail to attract the big name players at the mo. The sort of players we are signing, are the ones to get us into the top 4 so we can then attract  the big guns.
       Has to be one step at a time. Fortunately the 'Club' still has a limited amount of pull, if not we could end up with southampton, west brom, stoke, palace etc, for years to come.
      Remember Leeds Utd anyone ?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #407: Jun 25, 2016 08:33:06 pm
      72 goals in 185 games for a lad who's just turned 24, with a 1 in 3 goals ratio over the last 2 PL seasons (25 scored) compared to Stewart downing who is 32 next month and still only scored 50 PL goals in his whole career which spans 15 seasons.

Hmmm.............
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #408: Jun 25, 2016 09:54:59 pm
      I want the club to get a f**king grip and stop making these type of signings

Or maybe Jürgen needs to get a F***ing grip eh?

Sadio Mane has had an interesting career to date and formed his reputation in Austria, playing for Red Bull Salzburg. He did extremely well in Austria, scoring lots of goals, while putting in some of his best performances in the Europa League, which brought him to the attention of a lot of clubs. Jürgen Klopp has known him since his days at Salzburg and there were reports linking Mane to Borussia Dortmund before his move to Southampton, showing that the German has been a long term admirer of the attacker.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #409: Jun 25, 2016 10:32:28 pm
      Or maybe Jürgen needs to get a f**king grip eh?

Sadio Mane has had an interesting career to date and formed his reputation in Austria, playing for Red Bull Salzburg. He did extremely well in Austria, scoring lots of goals, while putting in some of his best performances in the Europa League, which brought him to the attention of a lot of clubs. Jürgen Klopp has known him since his days at Salzburg and there were reports linking Mane to Borussia Dortmund before his move to Southampton, showing that the German has been a long term admirer of the attacker.

Maybe he does.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #410: Jun 25, 2016 11:13:33 pm

Might as well call a spade a spade right FL?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #411: Jun 26, 2016 12:24:25 am
      Similar to Jürgen I quite like Mane, but I am sure there is a big difference between liking a player at £10million and liking a player at £30/35 million.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #412: Jun 26, 2016 12:48:25 am
      Faith in the gaffer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420