Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      33 (29.7%)
      Simon Mignolet
      3 (2.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      9 (8.1%)
      James Milner
      10 (9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      8 (7.2%)
      Joel Matip
      32 (28.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (10.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (1.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Voting closed: Aug 31, 2016 02:23:36 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 40932 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Aug 28, 2016 06:40:07 pm

Dirty b***ard Lamela. Better get a ban for this.

Has it been reported/acknowledged?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #576: Aug 28, 2016 06:44:58 pm

Hate it when footballers act like a F***ing pr**k without any reason. I am pretty sure he would go down in an instant when someone would even touch him.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #577: Aug 28, 2016 06:47:01 pm
      I'm just posed off we didn't take our chances, and we conceded a soft one again.
      Lots of domination, Migs makes two decent saves, and we draw.
      Normally a decent result at the lane, but under the circumstances I feel like we dropped two valuable points rather than won one.
      Only saw motd and from that voted Mane motm, but glad to see it was a decent display bar the finishing, and thought if your gonna put Studge on, at least give him 20 mins FFS !
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #578: Aug 28, 2016 06:49:34 pm

Is he hoping this will make maureen put in a bid for him, I wonder.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #579: Aug 28, 2016 06:51:40 pm
      The fales 9 has its places but not against a team that's roughly on par with ourselves. We should have played an out-and-out striker and fact we didn't was proven a mistake in the lack of ruthlessness in front of goal. Klopp can bemoan that all he likes but ultimately it was his decision to go with Firmino rather than Sturridge, Origi or Ings. The buck stops with him and on this point, he made a mistake.

Think its just a myth really I understand you have to work the line but you nullify the threat sometimes CB would much prefer to mark Firminho . To come on with 5 minutes is also odd Mane should have been hooked earlier
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #580: Aug 29, 2016 06:52:25 am
      Klopp needs to ask a question why did spuds played such a high defensive line? Probably they knew our midfield trio of Hendo, Firminho and Wilnaldum are too slow and lighweight and can't hurt them Which indeed is the case. With Mane off, they've immediately transformed and camped in our half.

Playing without a striker, what was Klopp thinking. Firminho and Hendo are both liabilities, both can't hurt the opponents. Continue to have both in the team we will continue to have these results.

I bet Firminho will be world class in the 5th game, against Chelsea?  That's what I noticed. That's average quality player, FSG. The same goes for Hendo. 1 in every 5 game standout kind of player.

It is no coincidence we keep getting these results with the same tactics and players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #581: Aug 29, 2016 07:04:08 am
      Klopp needs to ask a question why did spuds played such a high defensive line? Probably they knew our midfield trio of Hendo, Firminho and Wilnaldum are too slow and lighweight and can't hurt them Which indeed is the case. With Mane off, they've immediately transformed and camped in our half.

Playing without a striker, what was Klopp thinking. Firminho and Hendo are both liabilities, both can't hurt the opponents. Continue to have both in the team we will continue to have these results.

I bet Firminho will be world class in the 5th game, against Chelsea?  That's what I noticed. That's average quality player, FSG. The same goes for Hendo. 1 in every 5 game standout kind of player.

It is no coincidence we keep getting these results with the same tactics and players.

WTF is your problem with Firmino? He was brilliant. Take your sh*t stained glasses off.

Every time we play a "big" team, Jürgen uses Firmino as the striker and we have had a damn good record against the big teams since he got here.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #582: Aug 29, 2016 08:28:23 am
      Wow, reading through this match thread I feel like slitting me wrists! We are playing attractive football, got a win at the Emirates, should have won yesterday, completely dominated Burnley and some are already looking for scapegoats, now Moreno hasn't been playing Milner getting the stick, in fact the whole team has come in for stick, what's wrong with some of you? football has it's ups and downs get over it, it's not gonna change. OK we could have more points but then again if we had drawn against Arsenal I think the majority would have been quite satisfied. People calling for Sturridge to play, but we saw he gave away the ball for the second goal against Burnley? Klopp sees the squad in training every day and he picked the right players and formation against Spurs, it's just down to things going our way (or not). I am delighted at the way we are playing except when we give the ball away cheaply like we did in the first 2 games, but yesterday we had the perfect balance and were just unlucky, so stop f*cking whinging for a moment, get behind the manager and the team. Rant over. 

As you say mate, we have played well in all games. We could and should be sitting on 9 points. These things happen, its football.

Obv. Burnley was a shocker of a result, but we had plenty chances to win, the eraly goal gave them the chance to stick 10 men behind the ball.

We have absolutely bossed 2 of our top 4 rivals away from home, If coutinho had finished his 2 chances we would have won no probs v spuds.

All good, early doors etc.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #583: Aug 29, 2016 08:46:15 am
      I'm also amazed by all this negativity, we've started the season with 3 away games, 2 of which were against top 4 sides and we have 4 points, the only real F**k up was Burnley but despite us playing badly that was a complete freak result considering we had 80% possession. Also remember that we are trying to bed in a lot of new players into the team, we will only get better as the season goes on and already look a hell of a lot better than we did last season.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #584: Aug 29, 2016 09:59:38 am
      WTF is your problem with Firmino? He was brilliant. Take your sh*t stained glasses off.

Every time we play a "big" team, Jürgen uses Firmino as the striker and we have had a damn good record against the big teams since he got here.

:lmao:

You din 'arf talk some sh*t.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #585: Aug 29, 2016 10:09:40 am

You and redkop63, don't even say why he's bad. Just come up with "overrated, sh*t" etc.

Every single thing in attack went through him - he set up Phil, he won the ball high up the pitch, was the central figure to every counter attack. And then people come up with "Firmino was sh*t".

Even against Burnley, when actually was crap, the two chances we had to score were because of him.

But carry on.
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #586: Aug 29, 2016 10:11:14 am

As long as you take your rose tinted ones off first . He is an average player like most of rest who cost a lot of money flits in and out of games and has not once took a game by scruff of neck and bossed it for us
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #587: Aug 29, 2016 10:17:29 am
      As long as you take your rose tinted ones off first . He is an average player like most of rest who cost a lot of money flits in and out of games and has not once took a game by scruff of neck and bossed it for us

If that's what i'm dealing with, i'm outta here.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #588: Aug 29, 2016 10:23:16 am
      Having to explain why a player was fairly average on the day and not brilliant is a new one on me. It's normally fairly obvious when a player (particularly a centre forward) has been brilliant. I can't help thinking people are trying a little too hard to see things which arent there. It's only a matter of time before that old chestnut "unseen/unnoticed work" creeps in. Firmino brings new emphasis to the "false" in "false 9". Occasionally he is brilliant, usually average unfortunately.

Lacks pace, strength, power and IMHO that bit of devil that all good strikers need. He may or may not be a decent 10 (my opinion is that he probably is) but he ain't no number 9 in my eyes. Put it this way, if I was Spurs would I be happy or sad when I see Firmino is playing centre forward rather than Danny Sturridge? Simple as that really, absolute no brainer.
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #589: Aug 29, 2016 10:23:18 am

Why you outta here? Why dont you give your reasons why he is so good or cant you back it up .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #590: Aug 29, 2016 10:24:14 am
      Why you outta here? Why dont you give your reasons why he is so good or cant you back it up .

I literally just did, you pleb.

You and redkop63, don't even say why he's bad. Just come up with "overrated, sh*t" etc.

Every single thing in attack went through him - he set up Phil, he won the ball high up the pitch, was the central figure to every counter attack. And then people come up with "Firmino was sh*t".

Even against Burnley, when actually was crap, the two chances we had to score were because of him.

But carry on.
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #591: Aug 29, 2016 10:24:29 am

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #592: Aug 29, 2016 10:32:52 am

But carry on.

I've explained why he has been nothing more than average over our opening 3 fixtures. So, I don't want to regurgitate myself again, however, if you pop into the Firmino thread and have a look you will some some explanations for his averageness there.

Mind you, had he been "brilliant" as you have said, then I wonder why you or nobody else have popped into his thread to add the superlatives. The fact nobody has been in there to genuinely congratulate the bloke says it all really. People just saying he's brilliant for the sake of it are either on a wind-up, or are perpetuating themselves as a certain type of supporter who can really only see what Firmino has done that is so brilliant, such is their eye and knowledge of the game that much superior - *cough bollocks cough*

Fella, I know "brilliant" when I see it, and so do many others on here, again pop into the player rating thread and you will see he got a mere 10% of the MOTM vote from the rest of the Reds. I can surmise from watching him play all three games and in particular the Spurs one, along with the resulting MOTM votes in that game that he was anything BUT brilliant.

He wasn't brilliant against Spurs, he was okay and he was f**king sh*te against Burnley and somewhere in between against Arsenal.

So please, stop perpetuating this bollocks of a myth.

rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #593: Aug 29, 2016 10:34:19 am
      "He set up Phil" Was a 5 yard pass
      Everything went through him ? No it didnt sadly so you havent explained it .Dont get petty with name calling child.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #594: Aug 29, 2016 10:41:57 am
      Personally I think Firmino is an absolute key player for us and one of the first on the team sheet. We didn't need a "number 9" against Spurs and that was proven through the match, Klopp got it spot on.

Everyone sees things their own way mate. I'm not so sure of it being "proven throughout the match" though. Against both Burnley and Spurs we dominated for large periods and couldn't score a goal in either game in open play. I'm a bit old fashioned in many ways, I quite like a striker to score the odd goal now and then.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #595: Aug 29, 2016 10:44:48 am
      WTF is your problem with Firmino? He was brilliant.

Seriously.. seriously... he wasn't. He isn't.

The more he is played as the centre forward, the worse he gets. Right at the end there, he had to take that alone and run down the right hand side. It was so obvious, but lacking his own confidence, he passed the ball and the chance gone. Sturridge would have gone for goal.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #596: Aug 29, 2016 10:45:45 am
      Personally I think Firmino is an absolute key player for us and one of the first on the team sheet. We didn't need a "number 9" against Spurs and that was proven through the match, Klopp got it spot on.

You don't play a slow, worker of a number 9 against a high line like Spurs if you have a pacey, intelligent and clinical striker on the bench.

Klopp again, for the second game running got this decision wrong.

0 goals in open play over 180 mins shows this.

If Sturridge had played, we'd have won that game and killed Spurs off.
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #597: Aug 29, 2016 10:46:05 am

Not sure not scoring from open play is what we wanted but suppose splits opinion. Not saying he is not important but he is no No 9 and at end of the day when their job is to score not sure how we got it spot on.

Quick Reply