Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Swansea?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1%)
      James Milner
      5 (5.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (2.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (2.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      81 (83.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2017 02:23:56 pm

Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30828 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Jan 21, 2017 02:31:36 pm
      Well, he was never really going to win it in only his second season in charge.

I do think we need more quality though, and that summer can't come fast enough.

Honestly not too bothered by the fact that may have put us out of the race, didn't think we'd win it this year and was enjoying it whilst it lasted. More appalled at a) conceding two weak goals to a sh*te Swansea and then b) conceding another weak goal after getting back into the game.

Not sure how many bollockings this squad has got from Klopp so far but I hope there's one going on right now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #553: Jan 21, 2017 02:31:56 pm
      Nearly as difficult as reading your posts.

Seriously do you honestly believe we have any chance of winning the title?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #554: Jan 21, 2017 02:32:34 pm
      Will we have Mane back for Chelsea game?

Haven't got a crystal ball, all depends if Senegal win or lose.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #555: Jan 21, 2017 02:32:45 pm
      Shameful shameful performance. Does the players even understand what it means to wear the Liverpool jersey. Certainly not beaten by the bottom team. Looks like Stevie's real works starts today. We need some local lads to fully understand the Liverpool culture, let's groom them fast. Loosing to the bottom team , they have lots to answer to the fans. Everyone of them should apologise to the fans.I suspect complacency, over confidence, lack of effort has been the culprit and lack of real effort at the turn of the new year.  Lallana, what has he been doing in the last 6 games. At least Bobby 1 in 6 scored today while Wijnaldum only starts to play football after 2 goals down. Can, I'm not sure whether he is even suitable for us in the first place with his immobility and blind runs. Hope, Klopp remains professional and we need replacement if he's unsuitable.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #556: Jan 21, 2017 02:33:13 pm
      Carrying to many players who were so poor clyne, Lovren ,  Can, henderson , coutinho the list goes on any team that have 7/8 players under par and you run the risk of getting beat

Coutinho?????

What the F**k are you smoking?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #557: Jan 21, 2017 02:33:43 pm
      Will we have Mane back for Chelsea game?

No
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #558: Jan 21, 2017 02:34:00 pm
      Nobody will say it and i will get slaughtered for saying it but that loss is totally on Klopp.

To have a team playing as poorly at Swansea at Anfield and not playing a striker is pathetic.

We have struggled to break teams down lately, the players know it and then to play no striker againsy one of the worst teams in the league is pathetic.

On the bench we have sturridge who on his day is one of the best strikers in the league. And we have Origi who is more than capable of putting a team like Swansea to the sword.

I understand the systen of playing Firmino up top. But against Chelsea away. Not Swansea at home.

Ask your self this - would cheslea welcome Swansea to Stamford Bridge and put Costa on the bench so they can play abother midfielder?

The first half was terrible, the team knew they were going to struggle to score. At half time a striker should have been brought on. He wasnt and swansea scored.

This loss is on Klopp, needs to change. We are in the race for Top 4, and losing ground. Talk of the title is stupidity.

We coulr be out of the cup andnout of top 4 in thr next few games. Start playing a striker.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #559: Jan 21, 2017 02:34:09 pm
      Well that's a proper kick in the bawbag
      Real bad day at the office, but not the end of the world and certainly not the end of our season,

Looking forward to all the neg heads spouting their sh*te from under this post.............

.........it's coming.........

..........any second now......

...........here it comes.....

YNWA

Believe me the positive brigade are a far bigger pain in the arse right now.

Kidding themselves to
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #560: Jan 21, 2017 02:35:19 pm
      Love the way all the Klopp needs to recognise he needs players shouts.

My gripe with Klopp is that he covers for the owners.

Does anybody really believe Klopp wouldn't sign anybody if he had cash?

If Coutinho got sold this window you bet we'd be spending on a good few 'not available in January' players.

But hey, Stevie G is back its been announced. Timely, that.

FSG are the spinsters. Always have been, always will be.

Most players are available in January if you throw the right money at it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #561: Jan 21, 2017 02:35:45 pm
      Well what can you say...I felt Klopp did not need to bring on DS when he did, took something away from our game... Felt that after we had on both Origi and Sturridge on the pitch we lacked the urgency in our played that we had shown for our first and second goal, which in part lead to their third... The team seemed to relax, slow the play, and believe that the third and forth would naturally come, and instead of after scoring the second goal, taking the game by the scruff of the neck... Taking nothing away from Swansea, I view this as not 3 points lost, rather as 3 points thrown away
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #562: Jan 21, 2017 02:36:01 pm
      Shameful shameful performance. Does the players even understand what it means to wear the Liverpool jersey. Certainly not beaten by the bottom team. Looks like Stevie's real works starts today. We need some local lads to fully understand the Liverpool culture, let's groom them fast. Loosing to the bottom team , they have lots to answer to the fans. Everyone of them should apologise to the fans.I suspect complacency, over confidence, lack of effort has been the culprit and lack of real effort at the turn of the new year.  Lallana, what has he been doing in the last 6 games. At least Bobby 1 in 6 scored today while Wijnaldum only starts to play football after 2 goals down. Can, I'm not sure whether he is even suitable for us with his immobility and blind runs.

Talking of local lads, Alexander Arnold's performances proves he knows what it means. Clyne was utterly shocking today - I actually think the young full back would have been better than him today.

And that F***ing defence. I'm sorry but people are mad if they think we can win the league with just one top centre back (Matip obviously). That was a cataclysmic F**k up of the sort that League 1 teams would be embarrassed of.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #563: Jan 21, 2017 02:36:09 pm
      Firmino was brilliant - every single other player was garbage. Why dId matip come on in the 94th minute - to waste time?

Clyne is injured, no one can play that bad and not be carrying an injury

Klavan is just out of his depth - don't blame him blame the manager for thinking he is premiership quality

Emre can still however wins the award for the player we carry the most
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #564: Jan 21, 2017 02:36:42 pm

Too busy caring about the Johnstone Paints Trophy Africa Edition.

I was encouraged by our result and resilient display at Old Trafford last week and was pissed off with those who were overly critical of a decent result where we could have won.

Today there are no positives.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #565: Jan 21, 2017 02:36:42 pm
      Not defending the team at all but it'd be nice if Anfield gave half a F**k when it was 0-0 instead of waiting for it to be 1-2 down.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Swansea
      Reply #566: Jan 21, 2017 02:37:25 pm
      What a sickener. No doubt the doom-mongers will be out in force but it was nowhere near as bad as those will tell ya.

Mignolet: 5/10 Didn't really do much for the goals, basically lay down for one of them which was his only real problem as I think he was let down by poor defending on the others.

Milner: 5/10 Crossing, apart from a couple of decent ones wasn't nearly good enough, countless numbers of balls he flung in there and so many were without purpose or direction. Many of them just ending up in the keeper's arms. Thought defensively he was the best of our bunch but that wasn't hard considering the crap they served up.

Klavan: 4/10 Dear god that was a poor show, quicker we get Matip back in the better. Defended him recently but no more, shocking that Ragnar.

Lovren: 4.5/10 Slightly better than his partner but not by much. Had a decent shot late on but his head was all over the place and hopefully the return of Matip will bring back his composure because it was totally gone. After a great performance against the Mancs this was very, very poor.

Clyne: 4/10 Horrific, truly, truly horrific at both ends of the pitch. I listen to people too much when they tell me he's a decent player and he's 7 or 8 every week. Been saying most of the season that he's a real weak link in our side and today put another nail in his coffin from my perspective. Can't cross, can't shoot, loses his man, loses 1v1. His one redeeming factor is his endless stamina but it's not nearly enough to make up for such sh*te to serve up. Really did my head in today.

Henderson: 5/10 Horrific passing, no idea how many he gave away but it really was in double figures before half-time. Improved slightly in the second half but didn't offer any protection and this was back to the lows for Hendo. Perhaps it is the heel, but it can't be an excuse and we need a better option in the middle.

Gini: 6.5/10 Started well and huffed and puffed but I'm less than convinced that he is the long term answer.

Can: 6/10 Needs to do much more on the ball, needs to do it more consistently too because he's serving up hot and cold performances now which isn't good enough at this stage in the season.

Lallana: 7.5/10 Thought he was very good for long periods, with a bit more help around him we'd have put them away. Get him back in midfield he's vital there.

Coutinho: 7.5/10 Clearly ran out of gas but was good for the time he was on. Need him back up to speed straight away though.

Bobby: 9/10 Head and shoulders above everyone out there, doesn't deserve to be on a losing or drawing side. Pure quality today and will be gutted to be going off with 0 points to show for such a class performance.

Klopp: Thought today he was a bit handcuffed in terms of defence and it's bitten us in the arse. No way they score such soft goals with Matip back there and Klopp will take the flak for this but when it's thought about it makes sense (the selection). In attack we did plenty in the first half, had 8 or 9 decent chances and should have gone in leading. We had a horrible few minutes after half time and dropped to 2-0 and then got it back from there with great play and quite simply threw it away with horrific defending from all 3 players at the back Lovren, Klavan and Clyne take a bow because that was embarrassing to watch.

So overall the performance up top was actually good, in midfield it was average to poor but at the back it was diabolical.

Title hopes where they were for me at the start of the season, just a little too soon. Thought after Burnley that we'd have other days like that and unfortunately today  was another. Unbeaten run at Anfield comes to an end, let's go on another now.

Main thing I'm taking from this game is that Clyne wasn't and isn't the answer moving forward. I want TAA to develop quickly or someone brought in this summer because he cripples us.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #567: Jan 21, 2017 02:37:31 pm

Well there is a chance as there is a lot of football to play.

Realistically, no. Not enough squad depth with owners who've struck lucky with Klopp but think that alone will do.

I wasn't being specific to a particular post of your's. You consistently chat sh*t.

Have a good day.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #568: Jan 21, 2017 02:38:58 pm

I personally never did, it would take about 4 new signings and we aren't even looking.

Any goals we score will come from crosses because we lack pace and ability and we play against a block of 10.

When you get the respect of opposition teams so that they back right off you, you need to be very good to score goals and to be safe against the counter.

Second half we went to sleep and chased the game.  In the end we lost because we threw too many forward to over compensate for our inability to create proper chances.

Coutinho needs to get up to speed very quickly. He is the only man capble of threading passes through.

We're fighting for top 4 this season. No doubt about it. If we're all happy with that then we're going well, and when Mane returns we could well get there. If we want a titlte challenge then the squad needs kitting out in a lot of areas.

For now we are in big danger of going out of the cup and of sliding down the league.

The window is open!!! Will this make Klopp realise we need some pace right now.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #569: Jan 21, 2017 02:39:01 pm

If Coutinho got sold this window you bet we'd be spending on a good few 'not available in January' players.

If the cash is there, then there's simply no excuse not to boost that shocking defence.

You know, if we had centre backs who held their nerve unlike Klaven and Lovren, we'd maybe have kept it tight and won the game. We can't just rely on Matip.

Klaven was brought in as a bargain player, and his status is a bargain player - the guy to play in remedial matches against low league teams in cup competitions. NOT one to play in crucial title race matches. The likes of total passive fools like Can need to be kicked out too who are killing us creatively, despite him being pushed forward to CREATE CHANCES. I feel sorry for the front theee of Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino - they can't continue to play with people who offer absolutely nothing like Can.

As a result, the title has gone.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #570: Jan 21, 2017 02:39:50 pm
      Beginning to look that way
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #571: Jan 21, 2017 02:39:51 pm

We are more than good enough to beat Swansea at home.

Our performance today had nothing today to do with the owners not investing.

Klopp just got everything wrong as a manager. Wrong team selection and wrong tactics.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #572: Jan 21, 2017 02:40:07 pm
      Absolute joke that performance, the relegation fodder must love us.

Spent peanuts in the summer, spent F**k all this window and Klopp still thinks everything is fine. Hopefully a wake up call that the current CB's are not good enough for a Top 4 team which incidently is looking very difficult now the way we are playing.

No idea what Sturridge offers anymore.

Probably the poorest performance from Hendo all season.

I saw a tweet from Pearce that we will not be looking for replacements at LB. Well I hope that's not correct because both full backs offer very little going forward and considering Milner is a winger admittedly playing on the wrong side but needs sorting asap.

The midfield plodders of Hendo, Can and Gini how many times have they delivered as a unit...........that's right never...........so F***ing stop playing them!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #573: Jan 21, 2017 02:41:17 pm
      If the cash is there, then there's simply no excuse not to boost that shocking defence.

You know, if we had centre backs who held their nerve unlike Klaven and Lovren, we'd maybe have kept it tight and won the game. We can't just rely on Matip.

Klaven was brought in as a bargain player, and his status is a bargain player - the guy to play in remedial matches against low league teams in cup competitions. NOT one to play in crucial title race matches.

As a result, the title has gone.

Sell a player and we'll have pound or two to spend.

The net spend last Summer tells a story doesn't it?

If you're not getting it up front then you ain't getting it in January.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #574: Jan 21, 2017 02:41:28 pm
      Just seen that klavan actually sets up their winner

Quick Reply