Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Hicks planning Sky interview

Read 11141 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Hicks planning Sky interview
      Reply #115: Apr 17, 2008 07:09:51 pm
      They were reading emails out this morning on SSN as soon as the interview was over, I was watching it about 6.45am this morning and already hundreds of emails had flooded in, all with the same comments - GET OUT OF OUR CLUB !! .  He was fooling no-one from what I saw this morning   ;)

Good stuff, hopefully he won't show his fat face on TV again, he's already afraid to go to anfield lets hope he won't be seen again untill it's with his bags packed!
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #116: Apr 17, 2008 07:36:30 pm
      I don't like Hicks calling our club a "Brand", He raised some valid points about the Commercial issue and if you look at facts regarding this, he has got a point. The stadium he has brought together in the NHL is outstanding and he wants to make the new stadium the main attraction in Liverpool which seems pretty good to me. Whether this comes true or not is a completley different matter.

Although to see him sitting there watching our game against Blackburn with his LFC mug is pretty pathetic, if he thinks thats whats going to win us around then he has another thing coming. To me he seems a bit fake just like Gillete.

Rick Parry seemed to be putting on a brave face when he spoke today, he was sayin he would answer to the board and the board only!! He wants to concentrate on matters on the field and for this to all be brought out as it has been is disapointing considering the Chelsea games.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #117: Apr 17, 2008 08:02:52 pm
      Well old Tom did make some valid points but unfortunately we have been lied to and thats what we cant take ,like all liars once found out they wriggle and squirm and try to get off the hook, but like all magotts they eventually drown,the term one bad apple springs to mind and RAFA apart our barrel is full of them
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #118: Apr 17, 2008 08:08:25 pm
      Tom Hicks really painted himself as the perfect option for the Club; A questionable picture, I might add.

''Conduct your business affairs in the board room'' is my advice to this fella. He also came off as sucking-up to the LFC fans in an attempt to win our support.

What he really needs to understand is the fact that he is not trust-worthy and the biggest support he can get from the LFC Fans is the support for his departure.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #119: Apr 17, 2008 08:09:12 pm
      For all im not keen on the yanks im starting to think Hicks might be right Parry is sh*te at his job so he has to go,how many players have we missed out on signing?and maybe it was down to Parry we had the Steven Gerrard saga after Istanbul.We will never know the full truth but maybe its  all down to Parry and his ability to do his job,in any other business world hed be sacked so we must get rid before any further damage is done to the club and we miss out on any more qaulity transfers in the summer.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #120: Apr 17, 2008 08:16:48 pm
      For all im not keen on the yanks im starting to think Hicks might be right Parry is sh*te at his job so he has to go,how many players have we missed out on signing?and maybe it was down to Parry we had the Steven Gerrard saga after Istanbul.We will never know the full truth but maybe its  all down to Parry and his ability to do his job,in any other business world hed be sacked so we must get rid before any further damage is done to the club and we miss out on any more qaulity transfers in the summer.

Have to dis-agree there mate I think Parry worked his socks off with Rafa to keep Stevie here.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #121: Apr 17, 2008 08:24:30 pm
      Have to dis-agree there mate I think Parry worked his socks off with Rafa to keep Stevie here.

Yeah but questions have to be asked like why did it take so long to sort a contract out for Stevie?and i think Stevies love for the club and his family would have persuded him to stay.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #122: Apr 17, 2008 08:30:17 pm
      Yeah but questions have to be asked like why did it take so long to sort a contract out for Stevie?and i think Stevies love for the club and his family would have persuded him to stay.

Aww no question about it mate, he loves us dearly but still it did look like he would be off to Chels mainly I think because he wanted to win the EPL and IMO Parry and Rafa convinced him this is where he can win the league.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #123: Apr 17, 2008 09:17:39 pm
      Well Gillette is already hitting back

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3437128,00.html

George Gillett has called on his Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks to stop causing turmoil at the club and insisted he will never sell his shares to his fellow American.

Gillett and Hicks, who each own 50 per cent of Liverpool, have fallen out completely with neither prepared to let the other take over the club.

In an exlcusive interview with Sky Sports News, Hicks has also branded Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry's reign as "disastrous" and reiterated his demand that he resign.

But Gillett has thrown his weight full square behind Parry and says he is saddened by Hicks' outburst.

"I am saddened at this latest outburst from Tom Hicks," said Gillett in a statement.

Turmoil

"If Tom wanted a serious discussion on the issues to help the club move forward, he should bring his views to the board and not to Sky Sports.

"Here we are, a few days away from a vital Champions League semi-final match and Tom has once again created turmoil with his public comments.

"Tom should stop. He knows that Rick Parry has my support and that airing his comments in this way will not change my position.

"His failure to discuss this with the Board or the management committee is significant."

Hicks also claimed in his interview that it was Gillett and Parry who were the forces driving November's talks with Jürgen Klinsmann, something that Gillett disputes.

Taken aback

He added: "I was also taken aback by his version of the events as reported.

"Tom needs to understand that I will not sell my shares to him and that we need to find a way forward that is properly funded and truly in the best interests of Liverpool Football Club.

"The real business of winning matches and running and developing the club is what we should all be focused on at this moment."

FFS when is this gonna end, I can't see any resolution to this.  At least Gillette has got his priorities right.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #124: Apr 17, 2008 09:17:48 pm
      regardless of whether or not anyone supports hicks, what other club, or company for that matter, would have a joint owner orchestrating a campaign to get a CEO to resign through the media.  to me it lacks integrity and respect, both to rick parry and more importantly to LFC.  again we are becoming a laughing stock for whats happening off the field.  surely if hicks wanted parry to resign, this should have been brought up at a board meeting.

having watched the interview I do believe he raised some valid points, ie. increasing sponsors and breaking into the asia market, but do to this in front of his log fire in southpark in dallas, is not the place to do the mud slinging.  and to be honest, seeing him watching the liverpool game, (which was probably a recording of a recent match set up for the cameras) and throwing out hi fives was just pathetic.

Spot on mate. Going through the media is a clear sign he's desperate, a loose canon, certainly unprofessional and above all, a liar - and some gullable people want him to have a hold on our club - dangerous. But the majority of us can see this man for what he is already.
      And as for the the valid points about increasing sponsor and breaking markets, well surely we've all known this for a long time without having to be patronised by him, as if we didn't already know?

He reminds me of a song from a while back. Seriously, have a listen to the lyrics. You might find yourself laughing at the similarities....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxrd_jZJxkg

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2008 09:23:26 pm by redkenny »
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #125: Apr 17, 2008 10:19:51 pm
      they remind me of this

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #126: Apr 18, 2008 12:17:45 am
      They are both pathetic I can not believe these clowns are doing this sh*t days away from an epic Champions League semi-final.

One question I ask will this make Rafa and the players more determined now to win? In the face of adversity?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #127: Apr 18, 2008 12:35:34 am
      Here it is for anyone who hasn't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKvvinJgz5E&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKvvinJgz5E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #128: Apr 18, 2008 12:49:09 am
      Improving the Liverpool brand defiantly falls on pr**k-face-Parry's shoulders but what we cant forget is that Manure, Chelski and The Arse have all won the EPL in the last ten years which obviously helps their clubs commercially...
      In other words if we were to win the EPL (when we win) it should become easier to compete, and I'd expect to see more people in 3rd worlds country's wearing our home kit...
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #129: Apr 18, 2008 01:30:11 am
      Just hearing him say Liverpool makes me want to smack him one. He seriously needs to understand that Liverpool Football Club is more than a F***ing brand, more than something to be bought and sold. LFC is a way of life to us fans and for all the F***ing teams he owns he can never understand us. We are not commodities. We are not tools to make him rich. He can never understand the passion that makes us who we are. Its ironic that there's footage of the two of them standing under the "This is Anfield" sign because although the sign is telling them, they haven't a F***ing clue where they are ! They dont know what Anfield is or represents. To them its just some shitty old stadium which they need to upgrade. To us its history, passion and who we are. I wonder if the cameras weren't there would he be wearing a texas rangers or dallas stars shirt in front of the tv ? Two faced pr**k ! He talks of Liverpool as an investment...well take your profit from DIC and F**k off !
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #130: Apr 18, 2008 01:19:29 pm
      The way this guy tries to portray himself as a fan of the club is utterly pathetic. Surely if he is a billionaire and a so-called top international businessman  ::) then why doesn't even the dried-up peanut he has for a brain reailise that we aren't honestly going to believe that he spends his evenings sat in front of the Liverpool match on telly drinking cocoa out of a Liverpool mug? What I don't get is how he thought even for one second that we would buy this sh*te? Maybe it's the kind of thing that would work across the Atlantic, I don't know, but in England people don't just believe something is true because it is said so on TV.

I understand the image he is trying to put across, that he is a fan like us and he cares for the club just like us, that he loves it with a F***ing passion just like us, but that is complete bullshit of the highest order. What I don't get is how he thought it would work after all that has gone on before? He must know that most fans know that he LIED to us about putting no debt on the club, and that he disrespects the history and traditions of the club by dragging our name through the mud in the press. We aren't buying it and we don't want you Hicks, so F**k off.

Had anyone else got the same impression that I did from the interview? He wanted to show his attachment to the club and how it is dear to him, but all I saw was a dog marking it's territory. He's pissing on what's dearest to us, and I for one will never accept his presence in our club and the longstanding traditions that surround it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #131: Apr 18, 2008 01:50:17 pm
      GRRRRR! Once you start to hear his voice about our club you loathe him. We arent going to believe you TOM! Get out you thick headed, mindless F***ing piece of sh*t! If you love this town and say your whole family does then your one dillusional mother! Your son got spat on and you personally will 'kop' a beating if you set foot in the town! You will never settle in and will never be accepted!

His accent alone and how he talks of us wants me to put his head in that fire place.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #132: Apr 18, 2008 02:51:10 pm

Had anyone else got the same impression that I did from the interview? He wanted to show his attachment to the club and how it is dear to him, but all I saw was a dog marking it's territory. He's pissing on what's dearest to us, and I for one will never accept his presence in our club and the longstanding traditions that surround it.

Spot on ayrton, my feelings exactly.This was pure and simple a crude PR exercise organised by his new PR company ( even down to the tacky use of LFC merchandise props.Let no one be fooled by his words  his only interests are his own $ balance. I share lil cisse's concern that Hicks will be around until the new stadium is built, however one bit of good news is that SSN have just reported that Rafa has said that he will see out the remaining 2 yrs of his contract despite the boardroom upheaval, good news for most of us eh donrafael :D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #133: Apr 18, 2008 03:03:00 pm
      When will this END. I will give both my lega AND arms for this to be over before the end of the season, it is THAT frustrating.

Out of interest, what does everyone think will be the end result of this.

My heart says, someone positive for the club will take over and this will all be over.

My head says, this will continue for a while but something will be resolved in time.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #134: Apr 18, 2008 03:42:31 pm
      49% DIC, 5
      When will this END. I will give both my lega AND arms for this to be over before the end of the season, it is THAT frustrating.

Out of interest, what does everyone think will be the end result of this.

My heart says, someone positive for the club will take over and this will all be over.

My head says, this will continue for a while but something will be resolved in time.

End result?

Well it's more difficult than predicting a Rafa starting line up but for me it will be sorted in June to the tune of 49% DIC, 51% HICKS... with a option take-over date clause on the deal for a complete DIC take-over post stadium being built 2011/2012. YOU READ IT HERE FIRST.

I.R.W.T.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #135: Apr 18, 2008 07:18:39 pm
      49% DIC, 5
      End result?

Well it's more difficult than predicting a Rafa starting line up but for me it will be sorted in June to the tune of 49% DIC, 51% HICKS... with a option take-over date clause on the deal for a complete DIC take-over post stadium being built 2011/2012. YOU READ IT HERE FIRST.

I.R.W.T.

Sad but true Don, I think you're right... If Hicks wanted to take the money this year he already would have done IMO. It's not the pressure from Gillett that's going to get rid of him, Parry is powerless (what a surprise  ::)) to change anything and the same goes for Moores. And we already know from his behaviour that he couldn't give a flying F**k what the fans think.

So - if he didn't take the profit DIC offered him so far this year he isn't going to sell soon, because nothing will change that will dramatically change the value of the club this season. Even winning the CL will bring a one-time amount of money that cannot be relied upon year-in year-out, I was hoping earlier in the year that he was waiting on it but I just don't feel it will change the value of the club enough for what he wants.

The only thing that will is the construction of the new stadium, so I think it's time to grab hold of the seat of your pants because this is going to be one rough ride... Gillett wants to sell, he doesn't have any more money to offer (or else he doesn't want to, it amounts to the same thing) and Hicks doesn't want out. So we're looking at either DIC being a minor investor for several more years or (even worse!) Hicks finding a whole bunch of investors putting a smaller amount of money in each.

Lets hope to God we ginish in the top four and make good progress in the CL every year, else we know what will Leeds (errr, happen).
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #136: Apr 18, 2008 11:16:54 pm
      49% DIC, 5
      End result?

Well it's more difficult than predicting a Rafa starting line up but for me it will be sorted in June to the tune of 49% DIC, 51% HICKS... with a option takeover date clause on the deal for a complete DIC takeover post stadium being built 2011/2012. YOU READ IT HERE FIRST.

I.R.W.T.

I think you're right but I don't think Hicks will stay on that long. If DIC get their hands on 49% they'll find away of getting him out sooner or later, I can't see them sharing with Hicks for 3 years. Plus I think it's not only just about profit for Hicks, it's about saving face. He doesn't want to damage his so called 'Global' image any further . So the pathetic PR fightback started this week and we have to ask ourselves was this video made to win over Liverpool fans? The more I think about it the less I think so. I think it was the start of saving his public image for future deals and business exploits. He is a very proud man and buying Liverpool and then publically screwing up so badly does not set him in a good light for future business deals or current ones for that matter and I think the sooner he can improve his image the sooner he will go. If we get the stadium up and running, increase sponsorship deals and the team achieves success on the pitch then I believe he will go once and for all and without alot of fuss, leaving it in the hands of DIC.
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2008 11:26:50 pm by LondonRed »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #137: Apr 19, 2008 01:14:12 am
      I think you're right but I don't think Hicks will stay on that long. If DIC get their hands on 49% they'll find away of getting him out sooner or later, I can't see them sharing with Hicks for 3 years. Plus I think it's not only just about profit for Hicks, it's about saving face. He doesn't want to damage his so called 'Global' image any further . So the pathetic PR fightback started this week and we have to ask ourselves was this video made to win over Liverpool fans? The more I think about it the less I think so. I think it was the start of saving his public image for future deals and business exploits. He is a very proud man and buying Liverpool and then publically screwing up so badly does not set him in a good light for future business deals or current ones for that matter and I think the sooner he can improve his image the sooner he will go. If we get the stadium up and running, increase sponsorship deals and the team achieves success on the pitch then I believe he will go once and for all and without alot of fuss, leaving it in the hands of DIC.

The club will be worth a hell of a lot more when that new stadium is up and running.

The valuation algorithims results will show very interesting projected revenue forecasts with a stadium roughly twice the size and an internation brand being exploited to the hilt across Asia and Europe.

Quick Reply