Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Hicks planning Sky interview

Read 11142 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Hicks planning Sky interview
      Apr 13, 2008 10:37:46 pm
      Scumbag.  Simple as.

Hillsborough Anniversay in two days and this pr**k is already planning another week of media mud-slinging.  Spineless piece of sh*t. 

Liverpool's loose cannon owner Tom Hicks, who has already destabilised the club in his American civil war with partner George Gillett, is planning more public squabbling this week.

Despite Liverpool president David Moores and chief executive Rick Parry's joint plea to keep their internal quarrels for the boardroom rather than washing their dirty linen in public, Hicks has already arranged an in-depth interview with Sky Sports News.

The Texan sees the TV opportunity as his chance to spread further poison about Parry, who he has already called 'arrogant, rude and insensitive' in his letter calling for the chief executive's resignation, which has further alienated Liverpool fans against Hicks.

The TV interview was due to take place yesterday, which would have deflected attention from Liverpool's victory against Blackburn, but Hicks was advised to put back his full-frontal assault until after tomorrow (April 15), which is the anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster.

Mudslinging on a grand scale wasn't considered appropriate so close to such a date.

Hicks now plans to speak to Sky on Wednesday, which is seen as just as thoughtless, being even closer to the Hillsborough date.

Meanwhile, fans will be perplexed by Hicks's weekend comments that Liverpool will be debtfree under his command by 2011. Only the old guard of Parry and David Moores prevented the two Americans from lumping all the debt from the new stadium on to Liverpool's bank balance.

From tomorrow's Mail
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Just when you think it can't get worse
      Reply #1: Apr 13, 2008 10:38:02 pm
      Sky's the limit as Hicks goes public
      22:02pm 13th April 2008

Liverpool's loose cannon owner Tom Hicks, who has already destabilised the club in his American civil war with partner George Gillett, is planning more public squabbling this week.

Despite Liverpool president David Moores and chief executive Rick Parry's joint plea to keep their internal quarrels for the boardroom rather than washing their dirty linen in public, Hicks has already arranged an in-depth interview with Sky Sports News.

The Texan sees the TV opportunity as his chance to spread further poison about Parry, who he has already called 'arrogant, rude and insensitive' in his letter calling for the chief executive's resignation, which has further alienated Liverpool fans against Hicks.

The TV interview was due to take place yesterday, which would have deflected attention from Liverpool's victory against Blackburn, but Hicks was advised to put back his full-frontal assault until after tomorrow (April 15), which is the anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster.

Mudslinging on a grand scale wasn't considered appropriate so close to such a date.

Hicks now plans to speak to Sky on Wednesday, which is seen as just as thoughtless, being even closer to the Hillsborough date.
      Meanwhile, fans will be perplexed by Hicks's weekend comments that Liverpool will be debtfree under his command by 2011. Only the old guard of Parry and David Moores prevented the two Americans from lumping all the debt from the new stadium on to Liverpool's bank balance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/columnists/columnists.html?in_article_id=559466&in_page_id=1951&in_author_id=345

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Hicks planning Sky interview
      Reply #2: Apr 13, 2008 10:48:21 pm
      Just been thinking about this, surely the rest of the board can put a stop to this, they know he'll embarrass them/us even more and make Liverpool FC the biggest laughing stock around  :f_steam:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Apr 13, 2008 10:49:42 pm
      I feel sick. I can't believe he's doing this even though I knew he was already a tw*t. It was bad enough the timing on the Parry thing with the anniversary a few days away. Now it's like he's twisting the knife. Wonder how much Sky are paying him.
      I F***ing despise the b***ard!

Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Apr 13, 2008 10:51:07 pm
      Cocksucker.  No respect whatsoever.  To me it seems like we're just fueling him with our hate.

I can't believe this arrogant b***ard.  Gillett needs to step in.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Apr 13, 2008 10:54:44 pm
      I feel sick. I can't believe he's doing this even though I knew he was already a tw*t. It was bad enough the timing on the Parry thing with the anniversary a few days away. Now it's like he's twisting the knife. Wonder how much Sky are paying him.
      I F***ing despise the b***ard!

I know how you feel Ken, I feel physically sick over this, I'm scared to go to bed and put the news on in the morning.  I'm keeping my faith in Rafa though, only because I know he's a very smart intelligent man and will use this to his advantage given the chance.  Dreading the interview on Wednesday, hope it gets cancelled.     :-\
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #6: Apr 13, 2008 10:55:14 pm
      Our proud humble astute classly historic club has become a soap opera for the world...

I just can't get over it... it's doing my head in.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #7: Apr 13, 2008 10:58:24 pm
      The week ahead should have been all about remembering the 96 fellow reds we lost, reminding people all about the S*n boycott, and looking ahead to our Champions League Semi Final.

Instead this F***ing leech that Moores and Parry sold our soul to will get his twopence worth on Rupert Murdoch's TV station.

My advice to the gang of complete gobshites we unfortunately have sitting on that Liverpool FC board would be to not comment AT ALL on anything Tom Hicks says in the media. 

I would remind them all to be respectful towards the families and friends of those who died at Hillsborough and leave all of this for another week.  Even Benitez opening his mouth after today's game about it I found slightly distasteful.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #8: Apr 13, 2008 10:58:39 pm
      There seems to be no stopping this a**hole at the minute. It looks like he is going all out to deflect any blame away from himself. His actions indicate that he is a man who thinks he is in sole charge of the club and forgets that he is only a co-owner. Why is no-one at the club trying to control this idiot??

I am amazed that he has chosen this of all weeks to continue his public tirade against Parry, but I should not be surprised as it just confirms the total lack of respect and lack of knowledge he has of our club and it's traditions.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Apr 13, 2008 11:00:16 pm
      Know what you's mean.

Let's face it. How many true reds are really going to take any notice of the interview anyway? Most of us can't even stand the sight or sound of his voice. Not to mention the verbal bullshit that comes out of his mouth. And most importantly, it's not the right time.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #10: Apr 13, 2008 11:05:12 pm
      The week ahead should have been all about remembering the 96 fellow reds we lost, reminding people all about the S*n boycott, and looking ahead to our Champions League Semi Final.

Instead this F***ing leech that Moores and Parry sold our soul to will get his twopence worth on Rupert Murdoch's TV station.

My advice to the gang of complete gobshites we unfortunately have sitting on that Liverpool FC board would be to not comment AT ALL on anything Tom Hicks says in the media. 

I would remind them all to be respectful towards the families and friends of those who died at Hillsborough and leave all of this for another week.  Even Benitez opening his mouth after today's game about it I found slightly distasteful.

Top post JD.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Apr 13, 2008 11:10:49 pm
      There seems to be no stopping this a**hole at the minute. It looks like he is going all out to deflect any blame away from himself. His actions indicate that he is a man who thinks he is in sole charge of the club and forgets that he is only a co-owner. Why is no-one at the club trying to control this idiot??

I am amazed that he has chosen this of all weeks to continue his public tirade against Parry, but I should not be surprised as it just confirms the total lack of respect and lack of knowledge he has of our club and it's traditions.

My thoughts exactly mate, why is no-one controlling this idiot?  He is only a co-owner, and as stated, and thinks he owns the club outright, what a F***ing moron.  If he continues to disrespect the club and its fans, there will surely be something sinister lined up for this man, I'm serious.  He doesn't know what he's dealing with here, and the sooner he realises the better.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #12: Apr 13, 2008 11:13:51 pm
      Two words.

Ego and Greed.

Both can become uncontrollable in some people... and Hicks suffers from both in an acute way.
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 14, 2008 12:19:20 am
      yet another Hicks fiasco, no - one should talk to any organisation connected to the s.n rag. He's well advised isn't he?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #14: Apr 14, 2008 12:26:23 am
      yet another Hicks fiasco, no - one should talk to any organisation connected to the s.n rag. He's well advised isn't he?

Imagine if this interview was actually with the sh*te rag.  I think a lot of Reds would be booking their flights to Texas to hunt down the f**ker.
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #15: Apr 14, 2008 12:28:57 am
      Court LFC totally agree, i'm not a rich man and the misses would kill me but i'd probobly be one of them, off to Texas. Any chance we can hire a hit man car for the journey... oops there me off to get banged up
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2008 12:31:03 am by Court LFC »
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #16: Apr 14, 2008 12:31:12 am
      Court LFC totally agree, i'm not a rich man and the misses would kill me but i'd probobly be one of them, off to Texas. Any chance we can hire a hit man car for the journey... oops there me off to get banged up

Not anymore ;)
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #17: Apr 14, 2008 12:34:16 am
      nice one, I would sleep peacefully , except for Parry and the Hillbilly's.
      Thanks Court for saving my bacon.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #18: Apr 14, 2008 12:38:20 am
      No probs.  :D

Any way you should try this fella. 

Heard he's cheap.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #19: Apr 14, 2008 12:48:35 am
      Imagine if this interview was actually with the sh*te rag.

Some may say it's not too far off.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #20: Apr 14, 2008 12:53:44 am
      Some may say it's not too far off.

I wouldn't be suprised at all.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: Apr 14, 2008 01:01:08 am
      Does Hicks have a heart?

19th Anniversary of Hillsborough and he decides to bring OUR club in disrupute. The guy has lost his marbles. We should be thinking about the 96 and the famalies of them. The memories will be coming back and yet when we turn on the tele we will see a baldy waste of space downgrading OUR club. Makes me sick.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #22: Apr 14, 2008 01:01:19 am
      This abosulutely disgusts me, can the remaining shareholders not vote this c**t out? I mean it would be 4 votes to 2 in favour of his resignation.

Quick Reply