Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Houllier v Benitez

Read 30055 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Houllier v Benitez
      Reply #207: Apr 11, 2012 02:56:24 pm
      Yeah he failed at Chelsea, won the title with the record number of points (still the record) after god knows how many years without the title. Won it again the following season.  5 trophies in 3 years, wish some of our managers would fail like that. 

honest question if H&G owned chelsea and Abramovich owned LFC with Mour at CHelsea and Rafa at LFC who would win more.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #208: Apr 11, 2012 02:58:15 pm
      honest question if H&G owned chelsea and Abramovich owned LFC with Mour at CHelsea and Rafa at LFC who would win more.

See that's the real issue... money.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #209: Apr 11, 2012 02:58:33 pm
      No he failed and got sacked because of it. Just like Rafa failed and was sacked because of it. Two trophies in six years (CL). I think Mourinho got 4 trophies. I do however think Abramovich was a little more responsible than Mour don't you.

You think wrong mate, Mourinho won two titles, two league cups and an f.a. cup.

:D btw i don't think you are supposed to quote your own posts just to agree with them :D
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #210: Apr 11, 2012 02:59:50 pm
      You think wrong mate, Mourinho won two titles, two league cups and an f.a. cup.
      No problem .. Gerrard own goal unlucky that the great genius almost outwitted Mourinho again.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #211: Apr 11, 2012 03:02:50 pm
      No problem .. Gerrard own goal unlucky that the great genius almost outwitted Mourinho again.

I will leave you to it mate..... you are obviously happier talking to yourself :D

Edit
      Sorry mate, sounded much harsher than I intended on reading it back, I was just making a joke as I had to go anyway.... no offence intended.
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2012 03:36:17 pm by s@int »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #212: Apr 11, 2012 05:33:41 pm
      I have already posted proof that Rafa asked s.o.s. not to protest the debt in the Rafa thread, and just said in here that I thought Gerrard, Carra and Kenny were wrong not to protest the debt.

That was a myth.

Episode 8 - Rafa Benitez talks to SOS

Listen to our latest podcast featuring former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez talk about the Montse Benitez Foundation, Spirit Of Shankly, the myth that he asked supporters not to protest and bringing Kenny Dalglish back to Liverpool FC. We also talk to John O'Shea (not that one!) about hi...

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/podcasts

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #213: Apr 11, 2012 05:47:21 pm

That was a myth.

Episode 8 - Rafa Benitez talks to SOS

Listen to our latest podcast featuring former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez talk about the Montse Benitez Foundation, Spirit Of Shankly, the myth that he asked supporters not to protest and bringing Kenny Dalglish back to Liverpool FC. We also talk to John O'Shea (not that one!) about hi...

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/podcasts

Bollocks!

6 – Update on Present Ownership Situation

Paul Rice gave an update on the Present Situation. It was explained that despite initial plans to target RBS, continuing to target them could be detrimental to the club. The Americans had been granted the 6 month extension, but following talks with banking experts, it was explained that should the Americans fail to repay, or sell the club, RBS would take control as we know. They would then have freedom to do whatever they please with the club, and as well as selling this to less than suitable investors, they could quite easily place the club into administration. Fans asked why we hadn't proposed action for today's meeting, and Paul explained that we had discussed it but we wanted the proposals of the membership and for them to vote, on what can be an emotive issue. One fan asked if it was true that when we met the manager Rafael Benitez had asked us not to protest during the game; Paul confirmed Benitez had asked us to consider whether we should protest during the game as he felt it could affect the players. Benitez was told we respect his opinion, but any decision would be down to the members. Paul reminded those present that prior to meeting Benitez, a decision had already been taken following meetings, and matches, not to protest inside the ground, so we were acting upon the wishes of members and not Benitez. It was explained that according to our sources, Kuwait were interested in buying the club, and that it may be the last time the American owners are both at the same game.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/2009-02-02-sos-meeting-and-action-sunday-1st-february-2009
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #214: Apr 11, 2012 05:56:55 pm

So according to Paul Rice Rafa Benitez asked them to consider protesting inside the ground during the Match.

He did not ask them not to protest as you are implying mate.

According to Benitez it was a myth that he never asked them not to protest, which what you posted backs up his claim.

So the only Bollocks I can see is the insistence that Rafa asked supporters not to protest the debt which is both supported by Paul Rice and Benitez himself.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #215: Apr 11, 2012 06:01:31 pm
      So according to Paul Rice Rafa Benitez asked them to consider protesting inside the ground during the Match.

He did not ask them not to protest as you are implying mate.

According to Benitez it was a myth that he never asked them not to protest, which what you posted backs up his claim.

So the only Bollocks I can see is the insistence that Rafa asked supporters not to protest the debt which is both supported by Paul Rice and Benitez himself.

Try reading it  again mate. "Paul confirmed Benitez had asked us to consider whether we should protest during the game as he felt it could affect the players."

If you bothered to listen to that podcast Rafa says that there was no way the protest would affect the players , and then fudges his answer.

I will stick to believing s.o.s.  who posted that on their website the day after the meeting.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #216: Apr 11, 2012 06:05:22 pm
      "Paul confirmed Benitez had asked us to consider whether we should protest during the game as he felt it could affect the players."

Yes according to Paul Rice he asked SOS to consider whether they should protest During a game, not before or after the match, the days, weeks, months before or preceding the match.

Then look at the reply following that SOS members had already taken the decision not to protest during games.

Its F***ing laughable to beat Benitez with that stick mate and you F***ing know it.

Honestly S@int give your head a wobble over this, because your just looking daft and as bitter as them cu*ts over the park.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #217: Apr 11, 2012 06:07:35 pm
      Yes he asked SOS to consider whether they should protest During a game, not before, after, the days before or preceding it.

Then look at the reply following that SOS members had already taken the decision not to protest during games.

Its f**king laughable to beat Benitez with that stick mate and you f**king know it.

Honestly S@int give your head a wobble over this, because your just looking daft.

So he asked the supporters not to protest during the game and lied about his reasons for asking.

fair enough.  The only one looking daft is you mate, first you read it wrong, then you try to make excuses for him.

When Rafa asked them not to protest in the ground he obviously didn't know that S.O.S. MEMBERS HAD VOTED NOT TO PROTEST IN THE GROUND......OR HE WOULDN'T HAVE F***ing ASKED.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #218: Apr 11, 2012 06:11:02 pm
      So he asked the supporters not to protest during the game and lied about his reasons for asking.

According to Paul Rice he did.

But then again.

According to Rafa he didn't.

But either way.. well you know the score.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #219: Apr 11, 2012 06:13:52 pm
      When Rafa asked them not to protest in the ground he obviously didn't know that S.O.S. MEMBERS HAD VOTED NOT TO PROTEST IN THE GROUND......OR HE WOULDN'T HAVE F***ing ASKED.

Have you read all this back to yourself mate, you sound stupid.

According to Paul Rice, That Dick Dastardly Evil Rafael Benitez asked fans not to protest during a game and instead try and get behind players as we were not only going through terrible times off the pitch but also on the pitch.

The evil b***ard, lets castigate him for it.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2853 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #220: Apr 11, 2012 06:17:53 pm
      Rafa benitez was nothing but good for this club. Those who wish to believe otherwise is your perogitive and nobody here will open your eyes to otherwise.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #221: Apr 11, 2012 06:19:09 pm
      According to Paul Rice he did.

But then again.

According to Rafa he didn't.

But either way.. well you know the score.

According to Paul Rice and the rest of the committee. 

Yeah I know the score mate :)
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #222: Apr 11, 2012 06:21:46 pm
      Rafa benitez was nothing but good for this club. Those who wish to believe otherwise is your perogitive and nobody here will open your eyes to otherwise.
      Is right Brian  :gt-happyup:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #223: Apr 11, 2012 06:22:16 pm
      Have you read all this back to yourself mate, you sound stupid.

According to Paul Rice, That Dick Dastardly Evil Rafael Benitez asked fans not to protest during a game and instead try and get behind players as we were not only going through terrible times off the pitch but also on the pitch.

The evil b***ard, lets castigate him for it.

So I told the truth. I will settle for that. You can put whatever interpretation on that truth you want.... that's up to you.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #224: Apr 11, 2012 06:23:09 pm
      According to Paul Rice and the rest of the committee. 

Yeah I know the score mate :)

Nah you don't know the score mate, as my heads not in the sand.

As I've already stated even if Benitez had asked SOS not to protest during a game, its a mile away from the bollocks that you are spouting that Benitez asked fans not to protest.

If Benitez asked anything it was not about not protesting before a match, after a match, the days preceding a match or the days following them as you were implying when you said "Rafa asked the fans not protest"

Case dismissed and point proven.

I take it you have the same problem with the SOS committee for deciding not to protest during the games ?

Thought not, tatah.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #225: Apr 11, 2012 06:25:59 pm
      Dear oh Dear, one mans crusade to paint Rafa a c**t for not protesting the debt.

S@int did Kenny ever protest the debt whilst he was Ambassador of the club? did he ever speak out against the owners about the road they were leading the club? did Houllier ever speak out about the former club he managed at the dire state it was in due to our cancerous owners or was he just too F***ing bitter about Rafa "Winning" the Champions League with His team?

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #226: Apr 11, 2012 06:26:28 pm
      Nah you don't know the score mate, as my heads not in the sand.

As I've already stated even if Benitez had asked SOS not to protest during a game, its a mile away from the bollocks that you are spouting that Benitez asked fans not to protest.

If Benitez asked anything it was not about not protesting before a match, after a match, the days preceding a match or the days following them as you were implying when you said "Rafa asked the fans not protest"

Case dismissed and point proven.

Rafa asked fans not to protest during a game fact. Doesn't matter how you twist it the fact is that Rafa asked the fans not to protest.

guilty as charged.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #227: Apr 11, 2012 06:29:25 pm
      Both good men who had nothing but the club and us supporters at heart.

Houllier gave us the European map and directions then Rafa took us on a all conquering tour of it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #228: Apr 11, 2012 06:29:49 pm
      Rafa asked fans not to protest during a game fact. Doesn't matter how you twist it the fact is that Rafa asked the fans not to protest.

Not twisting the facts at all.

I'm merely clearing them up, much to your distaste.

Again I take it you have the same problem with the SOS committee for deciding not to protest during the games ?

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #229: Apr 11, 2012 06:32:07 pm
      Dear oh Dear, one mans crusade to paint Rafa a c**t for not protesting the debt.

S@int did Kenny ever protest the debt whilst he was Ambassador of the club? did he ever speak out against the owners about the road they were leading the club? did Houllier ever speak out about the former club he managed at the dire state it was in due to our cancerous owners or was he just too f**king bitter about Rafa "Winning" the Champions League with His team?

If you look back in this thread I have already said that Kenny, Gerrard and Carra should have protested the debt.

Doesn't alter the fact that for all the crap about Rafa fighting for the club, fighting the debt, and fighting Hicks and Gillett it is just not true.  Rafa protested about money for transfers, to save his job and to get a new contract..... fact.

I don't see people praising Gerrard, Carra or Houllier for the fight they put up against Hicks and Gillett ..... because they didn't and neither did Rafa.

Quick Reply