Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Champions League QF/SF Draw (Reds get Chel$ki)

Read 30652 times
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Re: Champions League QF/SF Draw
      Reply #46: Mar 12, 2009 10:01:04 am
      Its done isn't it. My mate today told me we had Man U and winner plays I think he said Chelsea/someone.

The draw is only NEXT WEEK...on the 20th I think...

I'll take anyone except UNITED and BAYERN...but if we have to play them so be it.
      AWAY leg first please!
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #47: Mar 12, 2009 10:03:17 am
      I'll take Villarreal please.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #48: Mar 12, 2009 10:21:29 am
      Thank god, I knew my mate was wrong. We were pumped though, were going to crash at a Man United fans house for it, then go to a golf course if we win and do burnout on it with his golf buggy. I'd take Villareal or Porto or Arsenal, but I'd prefer not English teams
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #49: Mar 12, 2009 10:59:42 am
      I don't want Chelsea.  Like somebody already said, we're fed up of playing them in the knockout stages.  To be honest, I wouldn't want any of the English teams at this stage.  Well maybe apart from Arsenal because they're basically foreign anyway, and they're crap.

Ha. have you seen how many of our first XI are Spanish speaking. I reckon on 7. Does this put liverpool in the crap and foreign category!
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #50: Mar 12, 2009 11:15:41 am
      Its nailed on we'll get a english club and some stage on the way to the final, i hope we get the scum next then a euro team in the semi's and the final aswell. Prefer to play someone not in our league in the final. But this is the european cup so i fear no-one.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #51: Mar 12, 2009 11:21:00 am
      There are easier looking ties, but no game will be easy at this stage of the competition. Just hope 2nd legs at Anfield.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #52: Mar 12, 2009 11:23:07 am
      Barca, look the same as usual. They can score plenty, but also concede too!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #53: Mar 12, 2009 11:25:38 am
      This is my dream prediction.

QUATER FINALS

Manchester United v Liverpool (Liverpool through)

Chelsea v Bayern (Bayern through)

Barcelona v Porto (Barcelona through)

Villarreal v Arsenal (Arsenal through)

SEMI FINALS

Bayern v Liverpool (Liverpool through)

Barcelona v Arsenal (Barcelona through)

FINAL

Liverpool v Barcelona (Champions of Europe for a 6th time!)

:scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #54: Mar 12, 2009 11:38:54 am
      ^ that would be great. would give anything for this to happen.
      red79
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #55: Mar 12, 2009 11:50:12 am
      I say bring on yer manchester united, i think we're the only team left in this competition that will beat them, although as sweet as it would be to beat them in a final, i'd rather do them over two legs, and give them a taste of the anfield european twelth man experience.

I would also like to enjoy my little excurscion to Italy (If we get to the final of course) i don't want it ruined by having to share flights and hotels, with those arrogant wankers from down the east lancs, I'd much rather have some good friendly banter in Rome, with Munich or Barca fans,
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #56: Mar 12, 2009 11:54:05 am
      Liverpool vs Villareal
      Man united, vs Barcelona
      Chelsea v arsenal
      byern Munich vs Porto

my prediction
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #57: Mar 12, 2009 12:10:05 pm
      I say bring on yer manchester united, i think we're the only team left in this competition that will beat them, although as sweet as it would be to beat them in a final, i'd rather do them over two legs, and give them a taste of the anfield european twelth man experience.

I would also like to enjoy my little excurscion to Italy (If we get to the final of course) i don't want it ruined by having to share flights and hotels, with those arrogant wankers from down the east lancs, I'd much rather have some good friendly banter in Rome, with Munich or Barca fans,

My only worry is about going down there, is coming back with a few stab wounds from pissed off Roma fans.

They're F***ing nutcases!  Why on earth would you host the final there?
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #58: Mar 12, 2009 12:21:30 pm
      Ha. have you seen how many of our first XI are Spanish speaking. I reckon on 7. Does this put liverpool in the crap and foreign category!

I wasn't saying Arsenal are crap because of all their foreigners.  Yes they have good players that are just coming back from injury but most of their players are mediocre at best, hence why they've been out of the Champion's League places practically all season and will be lucky to be in it next year.  Also at least we had two English players in the starting line up with another two on the bench, Arsenal had none with Walcott on the bench.  We're majority foreign, but Arsenal take that to another level.

Don't know what you're hinting at with the Spanish players making us crap though.  There would be 5 Spanish players in our first XI but maybe another two can speak Spanish, which in your theory would put us in the crap category going by what I said earlier!?  I don't rate Arsenal much, but that's not just because they're full of foreigners.  Good on the eye though.
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #59: Mar 12, 2009 12:36:28 pm
      I wasn't saying Arsenal are crap because of all their foreigners.  Yes they have good players that are just coming back from injury but most of their players are mediocre at best, hence why they've been out of the Champion's League places practically all season and will be lucky to be in it next year.  Also at least we had two English players in the starting line up with another two on the bench, Arsenal had none with Walcott on the bench.  We're majority foreign, but Arsenal take that to another level.

Don't know what you're hinting at with the Spanish players making us crap though.  There would be 5 Spanish players in our first XI but maybe another two can speak Spanish, which in your theory would put us in the crap category going by what I said earlier!?  I don't rate Arsenal much, but that's not just because they're full of foreigners.  Good on the eye though.

only on a wind up mate!!! Just pointing out that we're a pretty foreign side too.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #60: Mar 12, 2009 12:43:41 pm
      only on a wind up mate!!! Just pointing out that we're a pretty foreign side too.

Haha ya got me there.  I thought you were being serious or a gooner in disguise :D 

Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #61: Mar 12, 2009 12:44:21 pm
      I don't mind who we get but one thing is for certain.

Nobody will want to get us  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #62: Mar 12, 2009 12:49:53 pm
      Only team I dont want is Chelsea, just for the fact we always draw each other!

I have a funny feeling we will get utd. To be honest I think we are better getting one of the stronger sides rather then Villareal or Porto. I think we raise our game, as on Tuesday, agianst big sides
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #63: Mar 12, 2009 12:50:39 pm
      This is my dream prediction.

QUATER FINALS

Manchester United v Liverpool (Liverpool through)

Chelsea v Bayern (Bayern through)

Barcelona v Porto (Barcelona through)

Villarreal v Arsenal (Arsenal through)

SEMI FINALS

Bayern v Liverpool (Liverpool through)

Barcelona v Arsenal (Barcelona through)

FINAL

Liverpool v Barcelona (Champions of Europe for a 6th time!)

:scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:

This would also suit me as I have predicted a Barca -Liverpool final

but in times of belt tightening wouldn't the following be better !
      QUARTERS  Chelski v Liverpool
      SEMI'S        Arsenal v Liverpool
      FINAL         Manure v Liverpool ( At wembley due to the stabbing in Roma )

It would be better on Fans pockets for one thing and keep united's fixtures max'ed up so we can pinch the league as well !
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #64: Mar 12, 2009 01:02:17 pm
      L'pool v MU

Arsenal v Chelsea

Bayern v Villarael

Barca v Porto

What are the odds on two prem teams being drawn together and just to show they are not biased they will make sure the English don't have far to travel. The winners of A & B to play each other in the semi's. That way leaves a nice clear run for Barca to the final. What odds on that happening, and although we have a dig at Platini I don't believe he is corrupt so we will probably get Barcelona, that'll do me as long as we get one of the better referee's..................
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #65: Mar 12, 2009 01:09:51 pm
      Man United for me id love to knock them out, absolutely love it and i dont fear them in Europe over knockout ties!! So im hoping for that tie, with the second leg at Anfield!

Failing that Porto (pretty straight forward if im honest, but i think we'd probz fare better against stronger opposition, we raise our game a lot then) or Bayern Munich (a big European name we can add to our list of scalpings!).
      mulki
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | -2 
      • You"ll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #66: Mar 12, 2009 02:21:48 pm
      give me man u...
      i want to see they crash and burn..
      really hate this team
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #67: Mar 12, 2009 04:54:25 pm
      I'd like to meet Porto or Villareal
      beerdog
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts | -3 
      Reply #68: Mar 12, 2009 05:01:52 pm
      i hope we draw the scum...that will be awesome.

Quick Reply