Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 483757 times
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #3910: Aug 29, 2022 12:50:32 pm
      Yeah I think we can all agree this one is scary. The guy takes like two steps and he's in the right position. He's the complete package at 22. He seems to be a combination of many great strikers in one and is perfect for this league. I wish they got Kane instead of him. Kane is a very good striker but he was already here with spurs so nothing would have really changed in my eyes. He was scoring that many that it would have been hard for him to up his levels. Haaland on the other hand could go up another 2/3 levels he's that young.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 453 
      Reply #3911: Aug 30, 2022 08:16:59 am
      He's been brought in to secure the CL. City pretty much expect the title don't they.

Haalands goals are to help them secure the title abit earlier and go full tilt for the CL. I really can't see anyone stopping them in the league. Palace gave it a good go but they could have lost 6 or 7 by the end.

At the end of the day ... we all knew what they were getting. Obviously if he was here it would be a whole different ball game.

Nunez has learned an early lesson. It will be tough when he comes back ... gonna get wound up to f*ck ... answer in goals please.

Don't get mad get even is the lesson hes hopefully learnt.

Haaland had something like 6 touches in both halves against Palace and walked out with a hatrick.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3912: Aug 30, 2022 10:50:50 am

Haalands goals are to help them secure the title abit earlier and go full tilt for the CL. I really can't see anyone stopping them in the league. Palace gave it a good go but they could have lost 6 or 7 by the end.

At the end of the day ... we all knew what they were getting. Obviously if he was here it would be a whole different ball game.

In theory I think you’ve called it spot on.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #3913: Aug 30, 2022 01:11:40 pm
      don't think City have yet to play to his strengths City havent had a proper CF for a few seasons so when they do click with him it could get nasty
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #3914: Aug 30, 2022 07:22:36 pm
      don't think City have yet to play to his strengths City havent had a proper CF for a few seasons so when they do click with him it could get nasty

He's good enough to fit their style. They've bags of creativity in midfield and up top ... they'll make loads of chances for him and he'll score alot of goals and they'll win most games.

If liverpool want the title I'd think we need need minimum 29 wins from the last 34 games ... that would give us 92 points ... then we can maybe and I mean maybe afford 4 draws and 1 defeat taking us to 96. But with haaland around even that may not be enough.

Probably 30 wins needed from the last 34 games ... maybe can afford a couple of draws and a couple of defeats. No room for error really.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #3915: Aug 30, 2022 07:50:48 pm
      He's good enough to fit their style. They've bags of creativity in midfield and up top ... they'll make loads of chances for him and he'll score alot of goals and they'll win most games.

If liverpool want the title I'd think we need need minimum 29 wins from the last 34 games ... that would give us 92 points ... then we can maybe and I mean maybe afford 4 draws and 1 defeat taking us to 96. But with haaland around even that may not be enough.

Probably 30 wins needed from the last 34 games ... maybe can afford a couple of draws and a couple of defeats. No room for error really.

s bee

City's style is to play without a big n09 its much more explosive now with Haaland so he was also joking about Foden actually passing to him.
      Whatever way people want to view it the rest of the Premier league are in trouble with him in the City team as long as he remains fit. Looking forward to seeing how Virgil and possible Konate deal with him
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3916: Aug 30, 2022 08:00:50 pm

Looking forward to seeing how Virgil and possible Konate deal with him

More the former for me, arguably best of the best in respective positions going to make for a game not to be missed no matter who you support.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #3917: Aug 30, 2022 08:38:24 pm
      Matip marked him very well in the CS

When it comes to the league games I’m expecting it to be either him or Konate being put on him with VVD covering
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #3918: Aug 31, 2022 02:10:57 pm
      Matip marked him very well in the CS

When it comes to the league games I’m expecting it to be either him or Konate being put on him with VVD covering
      I think that would sort out two Haalands! One man marks him and another covers the spaces he might run into. Problem is, that's taken two players.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #3919: Aug 31, 2022 06:43:16 pm
      City rotating tonight it seems. Having to bring in alvarez, foden and gundogan etc ... hard times. Kdb getting a rest.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3920: Aug 31, 2022 07:47:23 pm
      Beast strikes again...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3921: Aug 31, 2022 07:54:19 pm
      No 2... Hatrick on the way again...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3922: Aug 31, 2022 07:56:21 pm
      He’s just broke his first record in the Premier league. 8 goals in August.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #3923: Aug 31, 2022 07:56:24 pm

He's unreal. How the F**k do we stop them?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3924: Aug 31, 2022 07:57:07 pm
      He's a cheat code.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3925: Aug 31, 2022 07:57:28 pm
      He's unreal. How the f**k do we stop them?

New owners that will spend spend spend...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3926: Aug 31, 2022 07:57:55 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3927: Aug 31, 2022 08:01:16 pm
      He’s just broke his first record in the Premier league. 8 goals in August.

I can't be bothered to check the dates of the games so you could well be right there but Aguero also opened his 5 games at City with 8 goals. Surprisingly, he didn't even end up winning the golden boot that season and only finished on 23 goals.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #3928: Aug 31, 2022 08:04:01 pm
      I can't be bothered to check the dates of the games so you could well be right there but Aguero also opened his 5 games at City with 8 goals. Surprisingly, he didn't even end up winning the golden boot that season and only finished on 23 goals.

This kid will smash those records
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3929: Aug 31, 2022 08:04:06 pm

I only know coz BT just reported it.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #3930: Aug 31, 2022 08:07:50 pm

I think this city team is far superior to the one aguero started his city career in. Haaland baring a long term injury will hit 40 plus this season. They will win most games and look to secure the title earlier so they can concentrate on the one they really want.

Early days ... but looking at their squad, the depth, the goals from everywhere consistently, the creativity  ... plus haaland I just don't see anybody getting near them. Time will tell.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #3931: Aug 31, 2022 08:09:27 pm
      I think this city team is far superior to the one aguero started his city career in. Haaland baring a long term injury will hit 40 plus this season. They will win most games and look to secure the title earlier so they can concentrate on the one they really want.

Early days ... but looking at their squad, the depth, the goals from everywhere consistently, the creativity  ... plus haaland I just don't see anybody getting near them. Time will tell.

Yeah it's boring. Having to go up against them when they're so good is just boring. Their games are usually done before 35 mins
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #3932: Aug 31, 2022 08:09:39 pm
      Hat trick done

Quick Reply