Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 471843 times
      bmck and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #2461: May 14, 2019 06:33:32 pm
      I hope we dont give these the satisfaction of making a rivalry out of them. Best left ignored till the sheikh pulls out.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2462: May 14, 2019 06:35:19 pm
      I look at it in a way the powers to be want a slice of the oil money, it’s a shake down, hefty fine but no ban.

They won’t ban Citeh from European football..

Yeah nice free meal ticket for UEFA. The money will fund watches for goody bags for years to come. Banning City won't appeal to UEFA.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2463: May 14, 2019 06:39:41 pm
      I look at it in a way the powers to be want a slice of the oil money, it’s a shake down, hefty fine but no ban.

They won’t ban Citeh from European football..

Why not? Warned once before, they have no history, no pedigree, no fans, and would be a warning to the big teams.

If they appeal, and found guilty again, 3 season ban.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2464: May 14, 2019 06:56:46 pm
      Why not? Warned once before, they have no history, no pedigree, no fans, and would be a warning to the big teams.

If they appeal, and found guilty again, 3 season ban.

UEFA will take the money instead I feel.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2465: May 14, 2019 06:59:39 pm
      I hope we dont give these the satisfaction of making a rivalry out of them. Best left ignored till the sheikh pulls out.

Agreed. They're not our rivals.

Man Utd are our rivals. Everton are our rivals. Arsenal are our rivals. Leeds United are our rivals. You accept them as your rivals because you relish them and in part you feel they help define the club further because there is a shared experience and history that goes a long way back.

But Man City? Nope. To go beyond the falsity and hollowness of Chelsea is some achievement to the extent that they are merely a presence. You have to earn your rivalry through history. You can't expect to turn up with more money than every club put together and insist a rivalry upon opponents. More importantly you can't insist greatness because greatness has to be built from the ground up in a way that tapped into the hard working culture and sense of place that Liverpool grew out of. Greatness was and will never ever be bestowed upon those successes baptised in oil and the sweat, blood and tears of slave workers.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2466: May 14, 2019 07:10:15 pm

I can't imagine our Redmen will not look at that and shirk away. Quite the opposite in fact! Bring on next season I say!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #2467: May 14, 2019 07:33:40 pm
      I can't imagine our Redmen will not look at that and shirk away. Quite the opposite in fact! Bring on next season I say!

I think literally all of them will look at it and be quite bemused.

City are so desperate for a rivalry and none more so than their captain Kompany. They’ve never been of relevance to any club and are now just scrambling around looking for anyone to help define them.

Electronic banners, generic fan noise over speakers, plastic flags and the attempts over the last few years to appear squeaky clean. Just the most manufactured club ever and are far worse than even Chelsea for it!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #2468: May 14, 2019 08:17:23 pm
      Man City are a very strange club.  I didn't need a video of the players singing to know they had no class. 

Sussed that out a while back.
      Redangel

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #2469: May 14, 2019 08:21:50 pm
      That video is totally appalling, I’m all for rivalry and a bit of banter but that is so far away from anything that’s decent and sportsmanlike. Quite rightly they are being lambasted on social media! There is no way on God’s earth Klopp would allow that. Guardiola has gone to rock bottom in my estimation. Classless sad club!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2470: May 14, 2019 08:29:50 pm
      I think literally all of them will look at it and be quite bemused.

City are so desperate for a rivalry and none more so than their captain Kompany. They’ve never been of relevance to any club and are now just scrambling around looking for anyone to help define them.

Electronic banners, generic fan noise over speakers, plastic flags and the attempts over the last few years to appear squeaky clean. Just the most manufactured club ever and are far worse than even Chelsea for it!!

Someone at work showed me the electronic banners. It was so cringeworthy.

The whole sham debases Guardiola as well. As great a coach he is nothing will dissuade anyone from the fact that he went to Man City because the money was there. He merely sees them as an easy vehicle to transport his very stylish play to easy success. He's tried to make it as unchallenging for himself as possible to the extent that he makes Mourinho's moneybag ventures look as daring as the escapades undertaken by Marcelo Bielsa.

Aside from that there is next to no interest/engagement in the club as a historic entity from him and next to no engagement towards the supporters who, in fairness, increasingly resemble and replicate the atmosphere you'd expect of a stadium (half) full of blow up sex dolls. At Barcelona Pep had the likes of Johan Cruyff...JOHAN CRUYFF to live up to and aspire to be. At Man City the closest he can get to that is Noel and Liam Gallagher. Noel and Liam Gallagher.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,403 posts | 6408 
      Reply #2471: May 14, 2019 08:34:58 pm
      Singing about Sean Cox and Hillsborough if you read between the lines. And it’s not the fans, certainly no surprise as they sing that song every week, but this is the players, you know the ones that represent their joke of a club. But will the FA step in? Will Pep do anything about it? Of course not because they won the title.
      Not to mention the line about Kompany injuring Salah.

What a joke that whole club has become.
      Redangel

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #2472: May 14, 2019 08:45:37 pm
      My DH is an Everton supporter and I’ve just shown him the video, to say he is disgusted is an understatement! He feels ManCity and Pep should come out and apologise and if not the FA need to take action. This could cause real problems going forward, the reference to battered on the streets is just so cruel to Sean Cox and his family!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2473: May 14, 2019 08:54:58 pm

Saying we’ve won f**k all but we are in the final their manager wants more than anything - the competition they could find themselves banned from next year.

Karma will get them eventually.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #2474: May 14, 2019 09:03:46 pm
      Someone at work showed me the electronic banners. It was so cringeworthy.

The whole sham debases Guardiola as well. As great a coach he is nothing will dissuade anyone from the fact that he went to Man City because the money was there. He merely sees them as an easy vehicle to transport his very stylish play to easy success. He's tried to make it as unchallenging for himself as possible to the extent that he makes Mourinho's moneybag ventures look as daring as the escapades undertaken by Marcelo Bielsa.

Aside from that there is next to no interest/engagement in the club as a historic entity from him and next to no engagement towards the supporters who, in fairness, increasingly resemble and replicate the atmosphere you'd expect of a stadium (half) full of blow up sex dolls. At Barcelona Pep had the likes of Johan Cruyff...JOHAN CRUYFF to live up to and aspire to be. At Man City the closest he can get to that is Noel and Liam Gallagher. Noel and Liam Gallagher.

What a perfect post
      DanMann

• 5,789 posts | 892 
      Reply #2475: May 14, 2019 09:26:32 pm
      City fans trying to excuse it all by claiming the banter was all about Kiev because the chant starts with a reference to it.

But the lyrics have been identified as:

All the way to Kiev, to end up in defeat,
      Crying in the stands, and battered on the streets,
      Kompany injured Salah, victims of it all,
      Sterling won the double... ....

See, given that Kompany did not injure Salah in Kiev, and Sterling's double is this year, it's pretty clear it's not all about Kiev at all.

So the "battered on the streets" line is not conclusively linked to Kiev, and could well apply anywhere. Were we battered in Kiev? Nah, but Sean Cox, he was... on our way to Kiev.

How is it not a reference to him?

Disgusting from that bunch. This needs retribution.
      Redangel

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #2476: May 14, 2019 09:35:59 pm
      City fans trying to excuse it all by claiming the banter was all about Kiev because the chant starts with a reference to it.

But the lyrics have been identified as:

All the way to Kiev, to end up in defeat,
      Crying in the stands, and battered on the streets,
      Kompany injured Salah, victims of it all,
      Sterling won the double... ....

See, given that Kompany did not injure Salah in Kiev, and Sterling's double is this year, it's pretty clear it's not all about Kiev at all.

So the "battered on the streets" line is not conclusively linked to Kiev, and could well apply anywhere. Were we battered in Kiev? Nah, but Sean Cox, he was... on our way to Kiev.

How is it not a reference to him?

Disgusting from that bunch. This needs retribution.

To be fair, I gave them the respect that was warranted, by them beating us by ONE point, I respected their players and manager! I have nothing but contempt for any of them after that. If our players had done that, I would be ashamed! I know for a FACT none of our players would be so classless and cruel as to do that, and our manager would have stopped it in its tracks!
      DanMann

• 5,789 posts | 892 
      Reply #2477: May 14, 2019 09:42:25 pm
      I can't believe they were dumb enough to release the video.. I wonder which player actually uploaded it?
      Redangel

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #2478: May 14, 2019 09:47:46 pm
      I can't believe they were dumb enough to release the video.. I wonder which player actually uploaded it?

Money on Sterling!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2479: May 14, 2019 10:25:31 pm
      Bringing out all the nutters on twatter, pictures of sean cox, munich aircrash, hillsborough. F***ing ridiculous
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #2480: May 14, 2019 10:51:13 pm
      What a utter bunch of cu*ts.

LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #2481: May 14, 2019 11:16:55 pm
      Saying we’ve won f**k all but we are in the final their manager wants more than anything - the competition they could find themselves banned from next year.

Karma will get them eventually.

THIS

I'd expect this from their fans , but the players FFS 
      I'd be embarrassed if our team did this. Honestly.
      But they have no shame . Utterly disgusting singing about Sean. Salah getting hurt.
      What a pile of sh*te this club and their supporters are.
      If you can call them supporters , Cant even sell out their own stadium.
      4 leagues in 8 years , empty seats.
      Did Pep say anything about this??
      Because by now, if we did this , We'd be getting slammed in the media. As usual.

This is the team all the other clubs in England wanted to win the league more than us?

F**k em ALL

THE TARGET ON THEIR BACKS JUST GOT BIGGER!!

6th European Cup in 2 weeks , Suck on that City
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2482: May 14, 2019 11:21:26 pm
      Bringing out all the nutters on twatter, pictures of sean cox, munich aircrash, hillsborough. F***ing ridiculous

It's not F***ing ridiculous it is a F***ing Disgrace.P.S. this should not be in the Laugh at Man City thread as it is not a laughing matter.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2483: May 14, 2019 11:45:11 pm
      Who gives a F**k about that financially doped club, it's like the scrawniest little sh*t at your school went on the 'roids and now thinks he's Arnold F***ing Shwarzenegger. Come back when you've won a few more titles and then maybe you can talk your way into a rivalry.

Quick Reply