Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Which of these 5 would you most like to see play for Liverpool?

David Villa
      (52.8%)
      Samuel Eto'o
      (22.6%)
      Carlos Tevez
      (5.7%)
      Fernando Torres (if you vote for Torres now you are an idiot!)
      (15.1%)
      Daniel Alves
      (3.8%)
      David Silva
      (0%)

Vote: Pick one player you most want here

Read 11397 times
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Re: Vote: Pick one player you most want here
      Reply #69: May 19, 2008 08:23:41 pm
      I would go for Villa hands down, great partner for Torres and an enormous threat himself.

Tevez is not really an option for me, Eto'o I think is overrated but would like Alves to come to Anfield as long as it is cheapish.

Notice no English players yet, where's the Bentley rumour gone? it all seems to have calmed down.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #70: May 19, 2008 08:29:09 pm
      Riquelme is a very skillful player but hes 29 and we need to be focusing on long term ,not a player we will only get a couple of good seasons out of .
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #71: May 19, 2008 08:42:07 pm
      I think ive said it before somewere but im a big fan of mati fernandez, i would love to see him join us. He would be my realistic choise as i think we can get him
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #72: May 19, 2008 09:49:13 pm
      Riquelme is a very skillful player but hes 29 and we need to be focusing on long term ,not a player we will only get a couple of good seasons out of .

That maybes but there's a few on here who'd take Henry knowing quite well you may only get 2 years from.

I think we have plenty of good players who have years ahead of them and lots of youngsters so I've nothing against signing proven players.

Anyone remember Gary Mac ?
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #73: May 19, 2008 09:57:31 pm
      I'd love Lassana Diarra from pompey to come to us, fantastic player and young. I think he will be a star of the Euros
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #74: May 19, 2008 10:02:50 pm
      I'd love Lassana Diarra from pompey to come to us, fantastic player and young. I think he will be a star of the Euros
      Lassana Diarra has a gentleman's agreement with Portsmouth that he can quit Fratton Park if one of European football's big clubs come knocking. (Daily Mail, 1112 BST)

Not my first choice tho my friend
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #75: May 19, 2008 10:14:08 pm
      I can see why some may doubt him but this kid is special, hes been at Chelsea and Arsenal then went to Portsmouth to play regular football and looks like a great young talent. 22 years old and had the foresight to leave Arsenal in order to earn himself a slot in the Euro competition and hes gone and done that.

As you can probably tell, I like the kid.
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #76: May 20, 2008 02:50:00 am
      Nobody wants a winger? If Eto'o can cross, and can live with being Kuyted (Verb; stuck on the wing in a 4-2-3-1) I guess I'll take him. I would really like Bentley though.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #77: May 20, 2008 02:55:45 am
      Why would we sign Lasanna Diarra when Mascherano and Alonso are miles ahead of him. Masch is still only 24. What a silly though but Eto on the wing???
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #78: May 20, 2008 07:41:01 am
      The reason why is because its my choice, I really like the player and ideally if we can horde talent I wouldn't think it would be such a bad thing.

Obviously other players are needed first but id love to see him come.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #79: May 20, 2008 07:50:41 am
      Carlos Tevez who is in the same position that Mascha was with us 'on loan' so who knows what the future holds, him and Torres I believe would make one hell of a pairing. I know Tevez has no pace but he more than makes that up in game intelligence and the little runs they both make would be more than a match for any defence in the EPL....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #80: May 20, 2008 08:36:02 am
      I can see why some may doubt him but this kid is special, hes been at Chelsea and Arsenal then went to Portsmouth to play regular football and looks like a great young talent. 22 years old and had the foresight to leave Arsenal in order to earn himself a slot in the Euro competition and hes gone and done that.

As you can probably tell, I like the kid.

Been to 2 big teams, performing outstadingly at a lesser team? I know this one! Its Jermaine Pennant!

Sorry bud but no thanks for Diarra, no where close to Mascha and Xabi who he is fighting against. Waste of money.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #81: May 20, 2008 02:12:24 pm
      Thats what i said!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #82: May 20, 2008 05:20:07 pm
      Thats not the reason we wouldnt go for him though. He left both chelsea and arsenal for first team football. He hates rotation and resting players with a passion he would leave in a heartbeat.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #83: May 20, 2008 05:28:58 pm
      I would love to see david villa partnering torres although alves would be a cracking signing
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #84: May 20, 2008 05:41:17 pm
      I realise that he is a player that wouldn't work in our team as there are two players above him that are great but I admire his ability and confidence for someone so young. I know he would face competition and would want to leave but he is or will be a great player.

If we are talking players that would fit into out side then Silva or Jaoquin would be great additions, in fact the pair of them would be great.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #85: May 20, 2008 05:53:38 pm
      As much as this is going to hurt me to say that Arsene Wenger knows potential when he sees it ,and if Diarra is as good as some people are saying then why did he get rid . I think we need to aim higher and start window shopping at Harrods and leave the bottom half of the table to shop at the pound shop........

Im sorry if you dont agree
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #86: May 20, 2008 07:10:36 pm
      As much as this is going to hurt me to say that Arsene Wenger knows potential when he sees it ,and if Diarra is as good as some people are saying then why did he get rid . I think we need to aim higher and start window shopping at Harrods and leave the bottom half of the table to shop at the pound shop........

Im sorry if you dont agree

No your right wenger can spot talent and i would to see his latest target join us instead i am talking about nasri ovcourse
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #87: May 20, 2008 08:28:37 pm

I caught a glimpse of the Cesc Fabregas show on sky the other day (sh*te) and a member of the audience asked... "If Arsen could sign any of your Spanish team mates who would it be?...
      He said David Villa!!! He went on to say ..."I Get on with him well and I'm sure he could helps us a lot next year..

Narce wun.. Fookin chaars..!! (extreme sarcasm)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #88: May 20, 2008 09:07:14 pm
      I caught a glimpse of the Cesc Fabregas show on sky the other day (sh*te) and a member of the audience asked... "If Arsen could sign any of your Spanish team mates who would it be?...
      He said David Villa!!! He went on to say ..."I Get on with him well and I'm sure he could helps us a lot next year..

Narce wun.. Fookin chaars..!! (extreme sarcasm)

Well Cesc will be dissapointed then because ass-en wenger said he wont be signing any superstar world class players and last time i heard it was the manager who chooses who signs and not a midfielder. Looks like we will just have to sign him instead ;)
      Vejlemand
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      • Don't by The Sun!
      Reply #89: May 20, 2008 09:17:19 pm
      David Villa (of course)..
      Koppite_1985
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #90: May 21, 2008 10:32:05 am
      David Villa. imagine him up front with Torres.....pure genius
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #91: May 21, 2008 10:51:09 am
      I think the poll needs starting from scratch?

After all this has been running since April 07.  David Villa, Samuel Eto'o, & even Daniel Alves are still possible targets for us this season, certainly not Tevez as he 'probably' will sign permenant for Utd.

One or two new big names could go on there.  Give us a shout and I'll add them to the list.

But what do you think?  Reset the poll back to 0 votes on each???

Quick Reply