Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)

Read 17366 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 348 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)
      Reply #23: May 24, 2010 01:02:24 pm
      That hurt that quote.

Agree with everyone in here. Replacing one of their aging players with a player 2 years older than him. :D

Just swap us Joe Cole then, if Yossi wants to go there.   

Cole is on a free, unless you mean take the 6m and keep it for his extortionate wages  :f_tongueincheek:
      Cored
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #24: May 24, 2010 01:06:55 pm
      Only 6 mill why ?should be 9 mill at least.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #25: May 24, 2010 01:43:43 pm
      Can't believe that quote from him.

I can't see him getting into Chelseas team though, he might win more, but he won't play more.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,120 posts | 3370 
      Reply #26: May 24, 2010 02:13:49 pm
      Those saying Yossi didn't say it or is misquoted, don't you think Yossi would of come out and said he didn't say such things and would be entitled to sue the paper.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: May 24, 2010 04:06:31 pm
      This is one thing that winds me up about Liverpool. If one of our players has a quality period at the club and he's worth about £15m, he will get sold for half of that. If it was a Chelsea or United player they would be sold for £20. Poor negotiation skills at times with our club.

^^^^^ Reply to Cored's comment.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #28: May 24, 2010 04:07:13 pm
      Nevr knew Yossi was like that but if he feels that way he can leave
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: May 24, 2010 04:11:22 pm
      If Rafa is even considering selling him for £6m (£3m-£4m under his valuation IMO) to one of our rivals then he needs to reconsider his job. That is not the way to go about business at all.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #30: May 24, 2010 04:16:32 pm
      If Rafa is even considering selling him for £6m (£3m-£4m under his valuation IMO) to one of our rivals then he needs to reconsider his job. That is not the way to go about business at all.

I really struggle to see how Benayoun, an aging bit part player is worth any more than £6-7m.  I really don't understand the £10m+ some think he's worth.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31: May 24, 2010 04:18:51 pm
      I really struggle to see how Benayoun, an aging bit part player is worth any more than £6-7m.  I really don't understand the £10m+ some think he's worth.

I never said more than 10m :) . Opinions, opinions, opinions. And thats mine.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,451 posts | 2845 
      Reply #32: May 24, 2010 04:45:55 pm
      Those saying Yossi didn't say it or is misquoted, don't you think Yossi would of come out and said he didn't say such things and would be entitled to sue the paper.

Ain't seen Gerrard come out and have a go at all the reports which say he hasn't commented on his future with us when he was clearly heard saying he has three years left and would be staying.

Papers always make up sh*te and misquote just to make the article sound good, if players and managers came out to say they didn't say this, didn't say that all the time then they'd have hardly any time to focus on their football! :D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,120 posts | 3370 
      Reply #33: May 24, 2010 04:52:26 pm
      Ain't seen Gerrard come out and have a go at all the reports which say he hasn't commented on his future with us when he was clearly heard saying he has three years left and would be staying.

Papers always make up sh*te and misquote just to make the article sound good, if players and managers came out to say they didn't say this, didn't say that all the time then they'd have hardly any time to focus on their football! :D

Well Yossi has no football to concentrate on now. He's not at the World Cup, club football has finished.

I'd just expect him to come out and clear the air over a particular quote like that. If he hasn't said it, then he needs to reassure the fans over it. Stevie did come out and say that he was staying to clear the air.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Yossi leave though, he's been dropping hints about leaving for a while now.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34: May 24, 2010 05:21:03 pm

Thats the nature of misinterpretation of the article as nowhere does it say Rafael Benitez is considering an offer from Chelsea ;D
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #35: May 24, 2010 05:22:04 pm
      What hints? Some more bullshit made up quotes? We were offered 12 mil for him before, it would be silly to think a deal would go for 6 mil.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #36: May 24, 2010 06:01:32 pm
      Rubbish. Also we all know if Masch goes anywhere, it will be in Spain where his family can settle in better.

And yes, improve your aging squad with a 30 year old.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #37: May 24, 2010 08:13:48 pm
      I'd sell him, hopefully we get £8 million plus, he will flop at Chelsea will never in a million years be a regular at Chelsea.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #38: May 24, 2010 08:28:07 pm
      I'm shocked and disappointed that he's come out and said this.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #39: May 25, 2010 06:23:38 am
      Bit out of the blue this, no pun intented.

Trying to see some positive - an indication that a new winger might be joining us in the summer? :-\
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #40: May 25, 2010 06:40:37 am
      I still believe that Yossi has been misquoted.

The reason why he has not come out and denied them yet is probably because he is on holiday somewhere far far away from Liverpool and the UK for that matter enjoying some time in the sun and taking his mind of a disastrous season that we have had.

We have seen the media do this before with the likes of Stevie, Rafa and even Babel I do recall that alleged S*n exclusive interview that he gave berating his team mates and Rafa alike.

Turned out bollocks.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #41: May 25, 2010 08:32:45 am
      Don't believe it, if I recall the goal against Atletico - it meant so much to him. It's surely misquoted.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: May 25, 2010 09:17:41 am
      Still no Denial from Yossi's camp this morning.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #43: May 25, 2010 09:31:28 am
      Cole is on a free, unless you mean take the 6m and keep it for his extortionate wages  :f_tongueincheek:

Aye, sounds about right. ;)

Anyway. F**k them. £30m. The lad's a little whippet. ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #44: May 25, 2010 12:50:29 pm
      Let's be honest here; in a season which we were dire at worst and mediocre at best, Yossi was used sparingly by Rafa.

He's bound to have watched on, at times, and thought "what the F**k?". Yossi is/was one of the very few players we have/had at our disposal with the nous to create something out of nothing. He's an exciting player who needs to play and needs to be wanted. He mustn't feel wanted here.

If it's true that Chelsea 'want' him the he's bound to be interested. Modern players do not have, (with some notable exceptions), a great sense of loyalty. Which is why none of us should ever put our 'love' of a player before our club.

If he wants to go we can't stop him and nor should we want to.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #45: May 25, 2010 12:55:13 pm
      I disagree that he was used sparingly.

He also did have major disruptions with injuries and every time he was fit he played.

Quick Reply