Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2780198 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22310: Mar 12, 2017 03:40:42 pm
      Whole club wages is about 208m

Your link is from 2014/15

No !

The link is from 26th May 2016

It is for the year 2014/15 every club has that year wages and the year before.

Loads of the figure match up with the link you provided

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22311: Mar 12, 2017 03:44:33 pm
      No !

The link is from 26th May 2016

It is for the year 2014/15 every club has that year wages and the year before.

Loads of the figure match up with the link you provided

Article Header:
      Assessing the accounts of 2014-15’s top-flight clubs – and what the figures say about their financial health

What on earth does that have to do with 2015/16 wages figures?
      They weren't even released at the time the article was written (clue, they only became available online, last week)
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22312: Mar 12, 2017 03:49:34 pm
      Article Header:
      What on earth does that have to do with 2015/16 wages figures?
      They weren't even released at the time the article was written (clue, they only became available online, last week)

The article was written on the Wednesday 25th May 2016

The Guardian have used each clubs own accounts for the season 2014/15

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22313: Mar 12, 2017 03:51:17 pm
      The article was written on the Wednesday 25th May 2016

The Guardian have used each clubs own accounts for the season 2014/15

And?
      Your point is?

What the F**k have 2014/15 figures got to do with 2015/16 figures?

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22314: Mar 12, 2017 03:59:24 pm
      And?
      Your point is?

What the f**k have 2014/15 figures got to do with 2015/16 figures?

You are saying the figure (for the link you provided) are for the players wages. Anyone can look at Guardian article and the 'totalsportek' link and see that the totalsportek figures are meant to be total wages.

Its just they got some wrong !
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22315: Mar 12, 2017 04:02:55 pm
      You are saying the figure (for the link you provided) are for the players wages. Anyone can look at Guardian article and the 'totalsportek' link and see that the totalsportek figures are meant to be total wages.

Its just they got some wrong !

No, the figure for total wages comes from the club accounts.

The figure for player wages comes from UKSV accounts, and that site got it spot on.

Go and have a look at the accounts, then get back to me.

You'll need to look at 2015/16 accounts rather than 2014/15 though.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22316: Mar 12, 2017 06:25:34 pm
      No, the figure for total wages comes from the club accounts.

The figure for player wages comes from UKSV accounts, and that site got it spot on.

Go and have a look at the accounts, then get back to me.

You'll need to look at 2015/16 accounts rather than 2014/15 though.

You don't know what you are talking about !

You are so desperate to make the owners look good you are making sh*t up !

You are a F***ing idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22317: Mar 12, 2017 06:44:38 pm
      You don't know what you are talking about !

You are so desperate to make the owners look good you are making sh*t up !

You are a F***ing idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!

The figures are all there in the accounts.

I take it from your abusive little hissy fit that you can't read them.
      In which case you should probably not be talking about finance.
      Or dates, since you can't even get that right.

All there in black and white for anyone to look at.
      I don't know how that equals "making things up"; it seems that's more your forte.

I'm also not sure how me saying that "42 million for non football staff seems excessive" equates to "trying to make the owners look good", but whatever makes you happy fella.  :laugh:
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22318: Mar 12, 2017 07:13:14 pm
      The figures are all there in the accounts.

I take it from your abusive little hissy fit that you can't read them.
      In which case you should probably not be talking about finance.
      Or dates, since you can't even get that right.

All there in black and white for anyone to look at.
      I don't know how that equals "making things up"; it seems that's more your forte.

I'm also not sure how me saying that "42 million for non football staff seems excessive" equates to "trying to make the owners look good", but whatever makes you happy fella.  :laugh:

I don't do 'hissy fit'

It is a statement of fact - You are full of sh*t !!!!!!!!!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22319: Mar 12, 2017 07:39:23 pm
      I don't do 'hissy fit'

It is a statement of fact - You are full of sh*t !!!!!!!!!!!

No, a statement of fact would be; "the amount we pay in wages is written clearly in the club accounts".

Another statement of fact would be; "some people are too thick to be able to read the accounts".

An opinion would be; "These thick people have tantrums when they realise they cannot read the accounts, and so want to deflect from their lack of intelligence".

Another fact would be; "Many people trying to say FSG are ripping the club off haven't got a F***ing clue what they are talking about".
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22320: Mar 12, 2017 09:55:23 pm
      No, a statement of fact would be; "the amount we pay in wages is written clearly in the club accounts".

Another statement of fact would be; "some people are too thick to be able to read the accounts".

An opinion would be; "These thick people have tantrums when they realise they cannot read the accounts, and so want to deflect from their lack of intelligence".

Another fact would be; "Many people trying to say FSG are ripping the club off haven't got a f**king clue what they are talking about".

You are saying

2013/14 we spent ÂŁ140 million on players wage

2014/15 we spent ÂŁ144 million on players wages

2015/16 we spent ÂŁ152 million on players wages

2016/17 we spent ÂŁ165 on players wages

Any other wages (admin) are not included
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #22321: Mar 22, 2017 12:17:12 am
       :lmao:

https://twitter.com/anaIdirgeprat/status/844235579462225921

Although I shouldn't laugh - this will probably be the reality knowing the severe F**k ups FSG and Michael Edwards have presided over in the past.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22322: Mar 22, 2017 08:28:57 pm

https://twitter.com/anaIdirgeprat/status/844235579462225921

Although I shouldn't laugh - this will probably be the reality knowing the severe F**k ups FSG and Michael Edwards have presided over in the past.

Haha i think thats generous. There's probably another column right of that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #22323: Mar 22, 2017 09:44:18 pm
      Haha i think thats generous. There's probably another column right of that.
      More like we spend all summer trying to buy Pulisic only to see that fall through the last week so we sign Eto
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #22324: Apr 05, 2017 10:20:17 pm
      The fact of the matter folks is that if we had strength in depth, we'd win that game against Bournemouth easily. Of course, guys who we had to rely on in that match such as Can and Origi did well tonight I thought. But that is mitigated by the defence and keeper once again tonight. I think it's a mistake to put five at the back with Coutinho coming off, primarily because I think we'd have to have five quality defenders to get a win out of the game, such is the nervousness in our defence. And the fact is we don't have five quality defenders - the fact that Klaven is mugged off so easily against Joshua King there is pathetic. And the fact he allows a glaring goalscoring header to fall safely into the arms of the keeper a few minutes later says everything too - you can only get so much for a bargain bin basement buy of ÂŁ3 million.

Now Klopp bought him, Klopp sought him but the fact is he isn't allowed to spend decent money for a backup player, and you get the quality you spend. And as a result, it doesn't take a genius to note that we will drop points.

Now the Sakho scenario - he was told to f**k off because his behaviour was poor. I stand by JĂźrgen on that decision because you can't undermine team ethics if a player is allowed to get away with bad behaviour just because he is skilled. Lesser skilled players would be quite rightly be furious if the rules were different for better skilled players.

But this now goes beyond JĂźrgen's moral rules - say for example that Sakho's lesson has been learnt and that he is humbled and is ready to return. Surely then he can comeback no? Obviously not with FSG. I honestly don't think he will return - not because JĂźrgen is a stubborn man but because FSG won't want a player of his wages sitting on the bench. No way in hell would FSG allow a player of that quality to sit on the bench as a backup. Our rivals do it, but we don't - and as a result, we have to put up with adequate players like Klaven who may be able to put in a shift for a few games but to be relied upon more often is a fallacy as proven tonight.

We don't have anywhere near the strength in depth to get in the top four. That means we are nowhere good enough. This squad was largely assembled by FSG still, and I can't see their policy changing for our sake. We will just have to put up with mediocrity in the squad for financial gain. Thats FSG for you, that's our owners, and that's our height of ambition. They like to sit back and think JĂźrgen can wave a magic wand and turn mediocrity into world class - that's obviously not going to happen.

It's time to pull your weight FSG. If not, please f**k off and stop whoring the club out for yourself, you self serving bas**rds.
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2017 10:26:55 pm by Son Of A Gun »
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22325: Apr 13, 2017 12:24:38 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-liverpool-fc-board-split-12886637

Liverpool FC board was split on decision to sell to FSG

In the second part of our exclusive Anfield Extra interview with Sir Martin Broughton, the former Liverpool FC chairman reveals the extraordinary details of how he sold the Reds in 2010, how he kept the bidders secret from Tom Hicks and George Gillett and how FSG's takeover was NOT the unanimous choice of the board.
      The decision to sell Liverpool Football Club to current owners FSG came after a split vote by the club’s board, the ECHO can exclusively reveal.

The revelation came from Sir Martin Broughton who seven years ago this week was brought in with a mandate to sell the Reds.

That he did - just within a six month deadline - ending the much despised reign of Tom Hicks and George Gillett at the club.It has now emerged that the FSG forerunner New England Sports Ventures (NESV) got over the line in the sales process by a single vote.
      Speaking in detail about the process for the first time to our new subscription service Anfield Extra, Sir Martin detailed how he was brought in as an independent chairman acceptable to both the owners and RBS Bank.

The bank was owed in the region of ÂŁ300m by Hicks and Gillett and wanted the sale of the club to progress to make sure they got their money back.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett refused to take part in the sale vote - claiming the board was not legally entitled to make the decision - but Sir Martin revealed for the first time that the three remaining members were also spilt.
      As well as the NESV bid, a second was on the table which was also acceptable to all three remaining members of the board - Broughton, managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre.

While Sir Martin did not name the second bidder, remaining bound by confidentiality, court documents in America as part of an ongoing legal dispute there have revealed it to be Peter Lim, the Singapore businessman who went on to buy Valencia.

Sir Martin said: “I’ve never disclosed the identity of the second bidder, whether it’s general knowledge or not it’s not for me to say.

“But both bidders were entirely credible, both bidders came on to the scene quite late but arrived at very, very similar values which actually comforted me that that was the market value for the club (around £300m).

“It’s not that someone is necessarily getting a steal here - which is what Tom alleged and George - because you have two people. And if it was a steal one of them would have been higher (the offers) because they were both keen on getting it.
      “I think I would have been happy with either bidder.”
      With time running out on RBS’s six month extension of the Hicks and Gillet loan in early October 2010, Broughton sent out details of the two bidders to the board members on a Saturday with plans to convene a meeting to agree the sale the following Tuesday.

Until this point - incredibly just three days before the sale - Broughton also revealed that Hicks and Gillett had no idea of the identity of the possible buyers because both had requested anonymity during the process.

Indeed another buyer who had been linked with a bid for the Reds made it easier for the club chairman to keep the identity of the real buyer away from the then owners.

Sir Martin said: “We were helped in that we’d had to keep the owners conscious of the fact there were bidders and I’d also informed them that one of the bidders was a US sports franchise owner.
      “They’d heard rumours that the New England Patriots’ owner Bob Kraft had been approached but had turned it down. They were convinced it was Kraft and he wasn’t going to bid - they didn’t take it seriously.

“It was a helpful diversion in many ways.”

Sir Martin claims Hicks would have been keen to discourage potential buyers as he still did not want to sell Liverpool.

“It took me probably longer than it should have done to realise that I had to be less open with Tom than I would have liked to have been and that I should be as chairman.

“Because I did feel that he was actively working against a sale.

“The two final bidders who did come both made it a condition of an offer that the owners were not informed. Which was interesting that both separately came to the conclusion they would only put a bid in to me if I didn’t tell the owners about them.”

When Hicks and Gillett learned of the sale plans they tried to change the make-up of the board before the bids could be considered.

They attempted to remove Purslow and Ayre from the board and replace them with Hicks’ youngest son Mack and Lori Kay McCutcheon, an executive in Hicks Holdings.

“It was dropped on me about three minutes before the meeting. We started the meeting and they said the board was invalid because two of the board had been removed by them,” recalled Broughton.

He took a one hour adjournment to check his legal advice - and crucial trump card - that only he had the right to change the formation of the board.

He then reconvened the meeting to consider who would be the new owners of Liverpool FC.

“They (Hicks and Gillett) refused to take part, saying the meeting was ‘ultra vires’ (acting outside its authority).

“We continued with the board meeting and concluded that both bids were acceptable and we would set up a sub-committee to assess the two options.

“We stayed up into the early hours of the morning negotiating between the two and finally confirming that it was going to be Fenway/NESV.

“It was a close decision for all of us - it wasn’t unanimous - it was the position of the board.”

Sir Martin also revealed that one of the bidders had been brought into the process by Ian Ayre.

He did not reveal which one though Ayre’s longstanding business links to the Far East might suggest it was Lim and it may have been Ayre who voted for their bid.

So how did Broughton tell John Henry he was the new owner of LFC?

“They were still there in the office till midnight or whatever it was in a room so I went in and congratulated them. At that stage they looked at each other and said ‘I wonder whether we’ve won or lost with this’?!”

With the bids being very close in financial terms - those US court documents suggest Lim may have offered slightly more - what was it that swung the vote in favour of FSG?

Sir Martin said: “There were two elements which swung it in favour of what is now Fenway for me.

“One, and probably the most important one for me, was that they had demonstrated with the (Boston) Red Sox what they were planning to do with Liverpool...

“They had a track record of taking a great, traditionally successful top club which had not enjoyed success recently, enjoyed success and converted it into a much more modern stadium, but still Fenway. They wanted to do the same with Anfield.

“So why would you leave a place like Anfield -with all that that’s got - to go somewhere that’s ‘does it really fit Liverpool?’ I liked that.

“The other piece that came into it was that by now it was quite clear I was going to be sued. And I felt the Americans were much more aware of that piece of the process and much more likely to stand up through that piece of the process.”

After approving the sale - and having his right to do so endorsed at a famous day in the High Court - Sir Martin was asked to stay on as chairman of LFC by the new owners.

However he decided it would not be right to do so and stepped aside, with Tom Werner taking on the role of Reds chairman which he currently still holds.

He has occasional contact with the owners and is convinced he found the right owners for Liverpool at the time.
      “I’m very happy we found the right people, I think they’re terrific owners, I really do.

“They delivered on Anfield, which I think is fantastic...they brought in a fabulous manager, I think they’ve done everything you could ask of them really.

“I’m very pleased that I did it and I’m pleased with the outcome.”
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #22326: Apr 13, 2017 12:46:37 pm
      Ayres bringing in Lim?.....hmmm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #22327: Apr 13, 2017 01:50:39 pm

Yeah, who'd have thought Ayre went out on a Lim for us... badum tish! :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22328: Apr 13, 2017 02:04:37 pm

Even back then I always thought Lim was a bit shady...Lim shady. Get it? Guys...

Sorry.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22329: Apr 13, 2017 02:05:19 pm

Promised as many Ladyboys as he wanted 😁
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22330: Apr 13, 2017 02:13:33 pm

Yeh Luke ......................  ?

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22331: Apr 13, 2017 03:38:16 pm
      As if they thought Lim was entirely credible. Look what he's done at Valencia ffs :D.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #22332: Apr 18, 2017 09:03:17 pm

Quick Reply