Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Jamie Carragher
      (10.9%)
      Paul Konchesky
      (5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (77.3%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (6.7%)

Everton 2:0 Liverpool - In game & post match disgust

Read 82941 times
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Re: Everton 2:0 Liverpool - In game & post match disgust
      Reply #1035: Oct 17, 2010 11:32:18 pm
      Did anyone else hear David pleat say 'There is Sammy Lee... another inbred Liverpool player' ?

Epic lols.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #1036: Oct 17, 2010 11:35:49 pm
      Did anyone else hear David pleat say 'There is Sammy Lee... another inbred Liverpool player' ?

Epic lols.

Yet another 'classic' from David Pleat. He forever has his foot in his mouth.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1037: Oct 17, 2010 11:42:24 pm
      4 Everton fans on the forum voting for Maxi I see...

Very true indeed, how the F**k he was chosen in the Poll beggars belief.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 285 
      Reply #1038: Oct 17, 2010 11:52:27 pm
      Every game this season apart form the opening game with arsenal we've only played in the last 45 mins.
      No-one is ever busting a gut from the first whistle, we ponder along trying to carve an opening, no creativity, then try the long ball, its horrible to watch its not LFC. Seems as if theres no morale at all and noone seems to be on the same level.
      I think Henry will try to settle quickly and he needs to make some serious changes as the performances on the pitch are woefull atm.
      Not got a clue what Roy was talking about today, he was on another planet and def didnt see the same game i did.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1039: Oct 17, 2010 11:54:06 pm
      You know what, i used to love compiling my own little match report. Lately there's been F**k all worth writing about. My patience has finally evaporated after todays abysmal performance. Hodgson has got to go, he lacks the qualities needed to manage the biggest Club in the world. What i saw today was shocking. We have wide men who are more content with passing the ball backwards more often than not rather than taking their opponents on. Maxi and Jovanovic have no place here, Lucas was pathetic again, Cole was anonymous again, he should be used in a more central role. Torres was given F**k all service again, Gerrard was once again the only player who looked capable of creating something. Carragher was immense for me.

That's all i've got to say. Was surprised to see Henry at the game, especially as he said he first wanted to experience a game at Anfield. The only plus to take from today is that Henry saw first hand that Roy Hodgson is taking us down, i'll be surprised if Roy is in charge for the Blackburn game, very surprised. When Lucas was taken off and Gerrard looked over to Roy for some form of acknowledgement or instruction, Roy looked the other way. That says it all for me, jog on Royston.

We were outclassed by a mediocre Everton side at best, Roy thought we played well?, lay off that F***ing crack pipe Roy for fucks sake.
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #1040: Oct 18, 2010 12:07:23 am
      Roy is now on borrowed time.

Only silver lining to this DISASTER state of play on the pitch is that we might get a mini squad overhaul in Jan - apart from Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt, Reina, Cole, Meireles, Carra, Johnson, Agger and Kelly, any one of our players can be shipped out...

Five years on from Istanbul we CANNOT have gone to relegation donkey status. 

Angry, shocked and in despair.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • JΓΌrgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #1041: Oct 18, 2010 12:14:06 am
      Woy Please F**k off
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #1042: Oct 18, 2010 12:22:04 am
      Henry seems like a smart bloke doubt he will let this carry on much longer Im guessing roy has till Chelsea before being sacked because they will
      make a show of us will be about 8-0 players need a kick up the hole too
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1043: Oct 18, 2010 12:25:25 am
      We need an overhaul in the squad.

We need quality players.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #1044: Oct 18, 2010 12:38:37 am
      Earlier I posted about how I was still smiling because if I didn't, I'd of ended up kicking off at anyone and everyone for the slightest thing. It was me own way of keeping meself sane. Now I've had time to let it die down and everybody in the house is in bed, I can let off the steam that's boiled up inside.

Firstly, I'm making no apologies for what I'm about to say. If people don't like hearing their heroes slagged off then tough sh*t as far as I'm concerned because I don't like seeing my heroes have no F***ing fight in them. It's a disgrace seeing the players representing us having no pride in wearing that shirt or for us. They're not going home hurting, even Gerrard and Carragher couldn't really care less. They all just F**k off to the golf course to clear their heads or do a couple of lengths in their swimming pools. They don't have to face their mates tomorrow having the piss took out of them. They couldn't care F***ing less. None of them.

Reina, really didn't have much to do but what he did, he did basically. Didn't stand much chance with either goal.
      Carragher was hardly tore apart but hardly came out with any real credit either.
      Kyrgiakos & Skrtel were a F***ing shambles who got bossed around by Yakubu and given the run around by Beckford.
      Konchesky is looking more and more like a waste of money. I thought he'd be a solid defender, but he isn't.
      Maxi is a F***ing joke who drives me up the wall every time he plays. We were robbed when we signed him and we got him on a free which makes it twice as F***ing bad. When you're missing Dirk Kuyt, you know you've got trouble with his replacement.
      Gerrard, I really don't see why everybody's raving him about him. As captain he should of been dragging that pile of sh*t up and he wasn't. He just strolled around hoping things would go for him.
      Meireles tried a few long range shots but overall didn't impress.
      Cole is another F***ing overhyped Englishman. One of those who looks good in a good side, shown to be an average player in a bad side - look at him for England.
      Ngog didn't do a great deal when he came on.
      Babel tried but didn't really get anywhere.
      Jovanovich is a F***ing disgrace who I'd rather never see in a Liverpool shirt again.

As you can see I've left out Torres and that's because he is frustrating the F***ing life out of me, more than the rest really. He's been the most vocal about new owners, we get them and that's how he performs? Seriously lad, stop F***ing sulking like a big kid. I'm not using injuries as an excuse anymore, he's played a part in every single League game this season and hasn't F***ing produced a thing like the Torres we all know. If he's injured, then he doesn't F***ing play - simple. If he's fit and performing like that then throw him in the reserves because right now he's not worthy of a place in our side.

Hodgson has take his share of the blame as well. He can't wash his hands of this. However, it's not his fault that so many of this squad simply aren't good enough for the club. Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish - they'd all struggle to get these players performing because they're overrated, overpaid sh*t houses. Difference with the four greats I mentioned, they'd probably change it if things weren't going right. Hodgson doesn't. He persists with tactics that aren't working. They didn't work last year, they're not working this year so for fucks sake change it.

This result hurt me more than any other. It always does losing to those bitter cu*ts because I have to face them tomorrow, I've already had them ringing us up laughing at me. Everywhere you go in this city they'll be there. And I won't hide away, I'll face them with pride in my club. Even if the players don't.

Everton simply wanted it more, they had more fight in them. Our players expect their reputations and the club's name to beat sides. Well sorry lads but it doesn't work like that. You have to earn three points. Not be handed it on a F***ing silver plate. And until this bunch of soft touch sh*t houses liven up and start fighting, the longer we're gonna be stuck in the bottom three.

Fight, passion, pride whatever - this bunch of players don't have it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1045: Oct 18, 2010 12:43:52 am
      Difference with the four greats I mentioned, they'd probably change it if things weren't going right. Hodgson doesn't. He persists with tactics that aren't working. They didn't work last year, they're not working this year so for fucks sake change it.

Thank you! Finally someone who says the same thing.

I agree with that sentence.

I don't really want to type anything anymore, though. I've been typing the same sh*te week in week out and I'm going to have to type them out for the next few months unless a miracle happens.
      Arnie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 249 posts |
      Reply #1046: Oct 18, 2010 01:26:45 am
      What pisses me off is that the formation we used all throughout last season to little avail, and now this season to no avail is one built around the exceptional talents of one Xabi Alonso. His passing from deep, spraying balls to all corners of the pitch(of course back then we had a true out and out wide left man in Riera) and into Gerrard's feet who would then link with Torres. Now we have players like Lucas and Poulson trying to replicate such form and looking completely hopeless. Even players with distinct quality like Merelies fail because of how tough a job it actually was, Xabi Alonso is in my eyes the worlds greatest passer of the ball and to expect the formation to still work with Lucas in his place is a frigging joke. Even when Gerrard filling in, there is little quality receiving the ball so it's all worthless anyway, at least back then Rafa made sure players would stay as wide as possible and use the flanks, Roy seems to be on a mission for the "narrowest team" award come the end of the season(which I hope he doesn't make it to).

At least NESV know the extent of our problems on the pitch, get us Mata, Defour, and a strike partner for Nando and we'll perform better. Oh and I will say that our defense has been a steaming pile of sh*te this season and needs a serious reinvestment too, doesn't help when old Roy is picking personal vendettas with our most talented centre back while simultaneously shipping in Paul "Wankarse" Konchesky, the most unspectacular Left Back in all of England. Oh and Aquilani anyone?
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #1047: Oct 18, 2010 01:57:28 am
      Who the F**k thought liverpool played well today apart from Roy? Wow just saw that on LFC tv and went bonkers. Is he high or something?
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #1048: Oct 18, 2010 02:18:01 am
      What the F**k did Jova do dunlop liddell shankly ?

You seem to be out on a witch hunt mate, players don't go from good to sh*t over night.

We have some talented players but our formation and tactics suck cock.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #1049: Oct 18, 2010 02:29:58 am

I'm still trying to work it out lad. Oh yeah, he did F**k all and has done F**k all since he arrived.

You seem to be out on a witch hunt mate, players don't go from good to sh*t over night.

Are we still on about Jovanovich, because if we are he's never been good for Liverpool. And he hasn't turned sh*t overnight, he's been sh*t for months. As has the whole F***ing side. It's a hardly a witch hunt when I blame the entire F***ing side now is it? Seriously.

Well talented players usually make the best of bad formations and tactics, this lot isn't. Talented players usually have some fight about them, this lot don't. Talented players usually get results, this lot hasn't. Blame the tactics and formation as much as you like (same formation and tactics from last year other than going to man marking instead of zonal by the way) but ultimately the players are F***ing woeful and are not talented.

Instead they're just constantly told they're talented and they believe their own hype because fans like yourself and many others think they are quality. They're not. They're a F***ing embarrassment at the moment and have been for the last 18 months.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #1050: Oct 18, 2010 03:11:54 am
      Earlier I posted about how I was still smiling because if I didn't, I'd of ended up kicking off at anyone and everyone for the slightest thing. It was me own way of keeping meself sane. Now I've had time to let it die down and everybody in the house is in bed, I can let off the steam that's boiled up inside.

Firstly, I'm making no apologies for what I'm about to say. If people don't like hearing their heroes slagged off then tough sh*t as far as I'm concerned because I don't like seeing my heroes have no F***ing fight in them. It's a disgrace seeing the players representing us having no pride in wearing that shirt or for us. They're not going home hurting, even Gerrard and Carragher couldn't really care less. They all just F**k off to the golf course to clear their heads or do a couple of lengths in their swimming pools. They don't have to face their mates tomorrow having the piss took out of them. They couldn't care F***ing less. None of them.

Reina, really didn't have much to do but what he did, he did basically. Didn't stand much chance with either goal.
      Carragher was hardly tore apart but hardly came out with any real credit either.
      Kyrgiakos & Skrtel were a F***ing shambles who got bossed around by Yakubu and given the run around by Beckford.
      Konchesky is looking more and more like a waste of money. I thought he'd be a solid defender, but he isn't.
      Maxi is a F***ing joke who drives me up the wall every time he plays. We were robbed when we signed him and we got him on a free which makes it twice as F***ing bad. When you're missing Dirk Kuyt, you know you've got trouble with his replacement.
      Gerrard, I really don't see why everybody's raving him about him. As captain he should of been dragging that pile of sh*t up and he wasn't. He just strolled around hoping things would go for him.
      Meireles tried a few long range shots but overall didn't impress.
      Cole is another F***ing overhyped Englishman. One of those who looks good in a good side, shown to be an average player in a bad side - look at him for England.
      Ngog didn't do a great deal when he came on.
      Babel tried but didn't really get anywhere.
      Jovanovich is a F***ing disgrace who I'd rather never see in a Liverpool shirt again.

As you can see I've left out Torres and that's because he is frustrating the F***ing life out of me, more than the rest really. He's been the most vocal about new owners, we get them and that's how he performs? Seriously lad, stop F***ing sulking like a big kid. I'm not using injuries as an excuse anymore, he's played a part in every single League game this season and hasn't F***ing produced a thing like the Torres we all know. If he's injured, then he doesn't F***ing play - simple. If he's fit and performing like that then throw him in the reserves because right now he's not worthy of a place in our side.

Hodgson has take his share of the blame as well. He can't wash his hands of this. However, it's not his fault that so many of this squad simply aren't good enough for the club. Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish - they'd all struggle to get these players performing because they're overrated, overpaid sh*t houses. Difference with the four greats I mentioned, they'd probably change it if things weren't going right. Hodgson doesn't. He persists with tactics that aren't working. They didn't work last year, they're not working this year so for fucks sake change it.

This result hurt me more than any other. It always does losing to those bitter cu*ts because I have to face them tomorrow, I've already had them ringing us up laughing at me. Everywhere you go in this city they'll be there. And I won't hide away, I'll face them with pride in my club. Even if the players don't.

Everton simply wanted it more, they had more fight in them. Our players expect their reputations and the club's name to beat sides. Well sorry lads but it doesn't work like that. You have to earn three points. Not be handed it on a F***ing silver plate. And until this bunch of soft touch sh*t houses liven up and start fighting, the longer we're gonna be stuck in the bottom three.

Fight, passion, pride whatever - this bunch of players don't have it.

I'm not even going to argue with you but on Torres, he can't help when the manager wants you to play like a white Emile Heskey, the lad's better than what were seeing, but what doesn't help is the absolute lack of imagination from midfield. Torres can play that lone role, if the tactics are right, but Roy's are a F***ing joke.

Did it feel good to vent?

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #1051: Oct 18, 2010 04:59:33 am
      What pisses me off is that the formation we used all throughout last season to little avail, and now this season to no avail is one built around the exceptional talents of one Xabi Alonso. His passing from deep, spraying balls to all corners of the pitch(of course back then we had a true out and out wide left man in Riera) and into Gerrard's feet who would then link with Torres. Now we have players like Lucas and Poulson trying to replicate such form and looking completely hopeless. Even players with distinct quality like Merelies fail because of how tough a job it actually was, Xabi Alonso is in my eyes the worlds greatest passer of the ball and to expect the formation to still work with Lucas in his place is a frigging joke. Even when Gerrard filling in, there is little quality receiving the ball so it's all worthless anyway, at least back then Rafa made sure players would stay as wide as possible and use the flanks, Roy seems to be on a mission for the "narrowest team" award come the end of the season(which I hope he doesn't make it to).

Can't agree more Arnie, and Rafa see Aquilani is similar abilities to Xabi, unfortunately of his injury but now he recovered (with our club LFC hard work for long long time) for Roy send him to create chances and score goal at Juve.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1052: Oct 18, 2010 05:29:23 am
      Rafa is world class Roy is not. This is as plain as day
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #1053: Oct 18, 2010 07:05:07 am

Torres has just returned from a hamstring injury, so he was a bit circumspect in the match yesterday. Lay off the poor guy, he is not one of those big strong target man that can throw himself about and hold up play for our deep lying midfielders. Already the moronic press and pundits are smelling blood and will soon hound out the best striker we have for a decade. He must be quite piss off with the players powers that Carra and Stevie are having at the moment especially with Carra shouting at him for not anticipating his pass. I would not be surprise if he F**k off in January.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #1054: Oct 18, 2010 07:20:28 am
      Torres has just returned from a hamstring injury, so he was a bit circumspect in the match yesterday. Lay off the poor guy, he is not one of those big strong target man that can throw himself about and hold up play for our deep lying midfielders. Already the moronic press and pundits are smelling blood and will soon hound out the best striker we have for a decade. He must be quite piss off with the players powers that Carra and Stevie are having at the moment especially with Carra shouting at him for not anticipating his pass. I would not be surprise if he f**k off in January.

Have to agree about Torres, he needs a foil to play off as well. Yesterday I thought Gerrard would play up around him yet at times yesterday he and Meireles were within a few feet of each other in the middle.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #1055: Oct 18, 2010 07:50:29 am

I fully agree mate. Whenever Jova has played, he has looked interested at least, and doesn't mind a dribble and is usually industrious enough. He is not world class but could be a valuable squad player.

Even though Babel has played some stinkers, at least when he comes on he looks to genuinely attack, and passes firmly and to good attacking positions. This compared to soft and lackadaisical fluff that most others are providing. he can actually shoot well also. Either give him a run or sell him in January, along with Lucas.

Maxi is absolutely coasting, and although he had a few decent touches, he is just going through the motions and shows no cutting edge, like most of our attacking players.

Pacheco and Kelly must get a run soon, and rush Agger back asap.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1056: Oct 18, 2010 08:04:17 am
      Just a thought is Maxi pining for his mate Mascherano,because at the moment he is not contributing much and has got no fight in him.Mind you that goes for most of the first team squad these days.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1057: Oct 18, 2010 08:12:23 am
      We did not score goals and Everton did, but I refuse to sit here and accept we were in any way outplayed or in any way inferior.”

We did not score goals and Everton did, but I refuse to sit here and accept we were in any way outplayed or in any way inferior.”

Mr R Hodgson.
      (Current) Manager of England's Most Successful Football Team.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8069730/Liverpool-manager-Roy-Hodgson-digs-deep-for-positives-following-derby-defeat-to-Everton.html

Quick Reply