Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (4.5%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (5.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (2.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (73.6%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (2.8%)
      Fernando Torres
      (10.7%)

Liverpool 2-1 Bolton: Post match relief

Read 56995 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Bolton: Post match relief
      Reply #759: Jan 01, 2011 05:01:27 pm
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #760: Jan 01, 2011 05:01:49 pm
      Was intersting to see the recation of the players as they left the field, all big hand shakes and huggs with Woy! Is that a good sign I can't decide?

I think he deliberately stayed out there to greet the players as they come off the pitch. Now I don't mind that at all but I get the feeling he's doing it out of a 'show of unity' kind of thing to demonstrate he's got the players on his side so the fans should be too. That's just my opinion, maybe I'm reading too much into it...
      raj2010
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts |
      Reply #761: Jan 01, 2011 05:02:22 pm
      this win shows we can put the performances in, win games, and we have top players that can do the job as opposed to pundits opinions but it goes without saying that roy is no tactical genius; i hope the owners recognise this and get rid of roy and find a suitable replacement.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #762: Jan 01, 2011 05:02:57 pm
      Its so great having that winning feeling back again. It makes such a change in your mood. Gerrard was outstanding today, when Gerrard played well, Torres did aswell. Then, there are the likes of Maxi and Kuyt who had very solid games. Had Gerrard not pulled the team out of the shits, my man of the match would have easily been Aurelio. He was fantastic and I was never nervous during an opposition attack, simply as he was playing and not Konchesky.

At the end of the day, i am not going over board. We still haven't played well this season and you could say were a bit lucky today. Had Meireles not got injured, Gerard may not have came on until late on and God knows what kind of result we would have been looking at. But, a win is a win. We have to build on that now.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #763: Jan 01, 2011 05:03:01 pm
      Actually thought Lucas had a shocker today. At least around our own penalty area the lad just wouldn't get F***ing rid and played us into trouble on several occasions. Still, just a bad game nothing by it.

This is true, but i thought his passing was brilliant and really helped us motoring through the middle and brought the wing in to play.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #764: Jan 01, 2011 05:03:10 pm
      PHEW F***ing PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #765: Jan 01, 2011 05:03:31 pm
      Who scored today? Torres.
      Who didn't score today? N'gog.

A subpar Torres is still potent. Rafa use to say the referees don't protect Torres as much as they do Rooney and the other top strikers.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #766: Jan 01, 2011 05:03:45 pm
      Gerrard is incredible
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #767: Jan 01, 2011 05:03:45 pm
      That, and you can't tell me he set up the team for today. No way would he play attacking football.
      Totally agree, there is just no way was this  Hodgson's call, no f***in way, but who's was it ? clue 1, he hails from Glasgow, 2 he was quite a good player,it has been said, 3 he had a fat arse apparently, and he plays off about a six handicap, Who could it be ??
      raj2010
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts |
      Reply #768: Jan 01, 2011 05:04:18 pm
      hes stil an awful manager...I stil want him sacked
      hell NO ,he is still a sh*te manger

i totally agree!!!
      bedsred
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 144 posts |
      • That's nice, that's McDermott and that's a goal
      Reply #769: Jan 01, 2011 05:05:01 pm
      Joe cole looked like he stole a car stereo with that celebration
      :lmao:
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #770: Jan 01, 2011 05:05:12 pm
      Cole on the right, Maxi on the left. Been the team I've been saying since the start of the season if we are going to change formation.

Yeah i'd like that. Maybe lacks goals compared to chelsea, arsenal but it's still a good team. I dont think roy has ever heard of 443. Good game but it just delays the inevitable that roy will be sacked. If it's now or in the summer, he will be sacked. i think we all know that.
      Tadders

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #771: Jan 01, 2011 05:05:34 pm
      Roy Hodgson stuck with a poor Konchesky until he couldn't repeat putting him in the first 11 again. The same crap he did with Poulsen.

I feel sorry for him; but he needs to wake up and smell the coffee!

Don't feel sorry for him, he's being paid well and keeping Kenny out of the job. You are spot on with the Konchesky\Poulsen stuff - why the F**k dont the post match reporters ask him.....If we can buy a decent striker I will be delighted.....NOT carlton carthorse
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #772: Jan 01, 2011 05:06:02 pm
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #773: Jan 01, 2011 05:06:21 pm
      Roy Hodgson stuck with a poor Konchesky until he couldn't repeat putting him in the first 11 again. The same crap he did with Poulsen.

I feel sorry for him; but he needs to wake up and smell the coffee!
      But how long before he tries to sneak koncheski back in, or come to think of it drop Agger. Get shut of Hodgson now
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Reply #774: Jan 01, 2011 05:06:29 pm
      ngog is not good with torres ,steve is the best partner with torres
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      Reply #775: Jan 01, 2011 05:07:07 pm
      Can't be bothered with the Roy debate. One win doesn't change anything.

I'm just delighted we won. Delighted to see our star striker score. Delighted to see Gerrard on top form. Delighted to see Agger and Aurelio back and delighted that Cole was the one that got the winner.

Enjoy it everybody and a happy new year to all! YNWA
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #776: Jan 01, 2011 05:07:26 pm
      Totally agree, there is just no way was this  Hodgson's call, no f***in way, but who's was it ? clue 1, he hails from Glasgow, 2 he was quite a good player,it has been said, 3 he had a fat arse apparently, and he plays off about a six handicap, Who could it be ??

There were rumours about this earlier in the season and I can't remember which game it was.  I remember some people speculating that Sammy Lee was involved too.  Was it the Chelski game?
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #777: Jan 01, 2011 05:07:39 pm
      What a feeling!!Let's just stop talking about all the things bothering us and savour this win.There's no bigger kick in this world than  Liverpool win especially in these times.YNWA!!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #778: Jan 01, 2011 05:08:02 pm
      Twice in close succession now that Gerrard has come off the bench and totally dominated the game. Interesting.

That's because he is one class player, one that we certainly cannot manage without.

Well in Mr Gerrard for saving the day again !!!!

There's no-one to touch him when he's in form.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #779: Jan 01, 2011 05:08:11 pm
      Only reason Roy dropped Konchesky is fans pressure same with Poulsen, he is F***ing clueless. Gerrard was brilliant in the centre today.

Roy has to go out of his depth, formation was wrong today. Ngog was crap and should have been taken off sooner.

I think Roy is going to stumble along till the end of the season, we has old fashioned tactics. Mine relegation fears have been eased a small bit though
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #780: Jan 01, 2011 05:08:35 pm
      Fair enough Roy hasn't been the manager we've wanted or expected but he's still the man in charge at the mo and the Liverpool way has always been to support and not get on peoples backs. I agree with most of the criticism and he has to win the fans back over by going on a winning run now, that much is true but you can tell the guy is passionate and he wants to do well with us, so im willing to be a little bit more patient with him. I'm sticking by him for a few more games, i may be the only Liverpool Supporter in the world who is but thats what im going to do. Hopefully my backing will be worthwhile.

At the end of the day i can't be sentimental towards people who cant take the club forward and my main concern and priority is with Liverpool FC, but i'm willing to give Roy the benefit of the doubt in the next few games. Beat Blackburn and then United in the FA Cup and my support remains intact.
      CS-Bergen
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 77 posts |
      Reply #781: Jan 01, 2011 05:09:40 pm
      I think we all can agree that Stevie had a lot to do with our win today. The irony of Mereiles getting injured. Without it, we would be left in the hands of RH who probably wouldn't have used Stevie before it was 15 mins left of the game. In other words we would have lost!

Quick Reply