Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Pundits and Commentators

Read 451461 times
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #529: Oct 24, 2014 10:05:35 am
      THe commentary on Sky on the Madrid game came out with something interesting.
      And its something I've always felt too.

Gary Frankeneville said that we didn't need to sell Luis. Because he had 4 yrs left on his deal.
      I've always thought "what if a player snaps his cruciate and becomes a fat waster? The player will demand he gets paid 170k a week for 4 yrs. Likewise a contract is binding on a player who wants to leave. (Even "escape clauses" haven't really been tested out in the Courts yet).

The commentator then suggested that the W Cup bite was the issue relating to Luis's sale. And he also suggested that Rodgers didn't sell Luis, and that it was someone else.

Neville is a price piece of sh*te. He makes my skin crawl because I know what so many Mancs are like. Songs about Hillsborough, all that filth etc. Carra and Neville do provide current analysis, in the way Hansen did 15 yrs ago. But it is a bit defensive and "organisation" orientated. They don't really look at how a top playmaker or winger or striker might look at the game, and open a deadlock. To them, its all about organisation, mentality, commitment, where you stand alongside the oppsn's forward players. If teams were full of those 2, its almost like we'd never see anything other than a 1-0 or a 0-0 ever.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #530: Oct 28, 2014 11:35:37 pm
      That Bein Sports commentator inadvertently became the highlight of the match for me. So clueless it was actually funny.

Jordan Hamilton is leading us to Wemberley!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #531: Oct 28, 2014 11:36:30 pm
      That Bein Sports commentator inadvertently became the highlight of the match for me. So clueless it was actually funny.

Jordan Hamilton is leading us to Wemberley!

Sounded like he kept calling him Anderson!
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #532: Nov 01, 2014 12:56:19 pm
      Are BT gonna say anything positive!.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #533: Nov 04, 2014 08:37:44 pm
      Who the F**k ever thought Paul Schools should be a pundit?

Sounds and looks a bit like Joe from The Royle Family.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #534: Nov 04, 2014 08:40:22 pm
      Christ these pundits are depressing, if only a tad behind some of the posters in threads I've quickly decided to mark as read as of late.  ;)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #535: Nov 04, 2014 08:44:00 pm
      Paul Scholes as a pundit? Sounds thick as sh*t and doesn't make any sense..  And Adrian Chiles can F**k off. Scrotum faced dick splash is always ready to put us down and has been sucking Fergie's cock ever since he appeared on our screens like some thrush that refuses to go away. ITV are really scraping the barrel
      LFCexiled
      Reply #536: Jan 08, 2015 07:59:29 pm
      Sanity it seems does have a place in modern society. ;D

Football pundit Andy Townsend 'to leave ITV as contract won't be renewed'

ITV has opted not to renew the football pundit's contract after losing rights to the FA Cup, Champions League and Europa League.

ITVTownsend to leave after nearly 15 years
      Football pundit Andy Townsend is set to leave ITV after nearly 15 years at the channel as bosses have refused to renew his contract.

The move comes as ITV has lost television rights to the FA Cup, live Champions League games and Europa League games.

Townsend, 51, and presenter Matt Smith are both expected to leave ITV at the end of the current season, ITV confirms to the Mirror.

The former Chelsea midfielder has served as pundit, co-commentator and analyst for the channel for over a decade. He has offered his services to major football coverage, such as commentating on England matches and the Champions League.

It's claimed Townsend's departure is a mutual decision with ITV as he is keen to cover live football and has received offers from other international broadcasters.

ITV lost out on rights to the FA Cup in July 2013. Rights are currently shared by BBC and BT Sport, which also airs Champions League and Europa League matches.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/football-pundit-andy-townsend-to-4941145
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,039 posts | 3963 
      Reply #537: Jan 08, 2015 08:28:58 pm
      From what I understand Townsend is a F***ing eejit anyway, so it's no great loss. I never have volume watching the footy on whatever channel for obvious reasons - Townsend is the perfect example.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,969 posts | 5030 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #538: Jan 08, 2015 10:02:43 pm
      HURRAGH, !!!!!!!

Can't stand the kunt , one of the  worst yakkers out there , same sh*t different day w**ker !!!

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #539: Jan 08, 2015 11:37:43 pm
      Can't stand the tool anyway
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #540: Jan 21, 2015 03:55:53 pm
      Anyone getting bit fed up of Carragher? Thought he was harsh on Can yesterday. He seems to have forgotten how many times the likes of Drogba and Henry tore him to bits in a red shirt
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #541: Jan 21, 2015 04:08:20 pm
      Anyone getting bit fed up of Carragher? Thought he was harsh on Can yesterday. He seems to have forgotten how many times the likes of Drogba and Henry tore him to bits in a red shirt

Only saw his half time analysis where he gave Can a lot of stick over the penno. Did he continue to criticise him after the game? Very disappoint if he did as Can had Hazard in his pocket for the whole second half.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,039 posts | 3963 
      Reply #542: Jan 21, 2015 04:18:03 pm

Think he's got a cob on ''cos he's not doing it anymore.
      Fair play he carried the team in some games but he forgets the times when people were calling for his head when he wasn't a game saver 110% of the time .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,039 posts | 3963 
      Reply #543: Jan 21, 2015 04:29:13 pm
      Only saw his half time analysis where he gave Can a lot of stick over the penno. Did he continue to criticise him after the game? Very disappoint if he did as Can had Hazard in his pocket for the whole second half.

Cannot see any reason to give Can stick over that decision, he knew and had probably been told to watch for the diving cu*ts that they are.
      Hazzard played the part, if you look at the incident the defenders stood off him, he was going nowhere and he took a step after the challenge and F***ing dived/fell over/collapsed.
      The ref had an horrendous game and that decision was one part of it.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #544: Jan 21, 2015 06:10:32 pm
      Niall Quinn.

Jesus not only is his voice incredibly grating, but he talks absolute sh*te on top of it. Without doubt the worst pundit out there hands down.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #545: Jan 21, 2015 06:40:28 pm

Read his analysis on Can. Some people will criticise for the sake of criticising and Carra did just that. Totally uncalled for.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #546: Jan 21, 2015 06:48:29 pm
      Read his analysis on Can. Some people will criticise for the sake of criticising and Carra did just that. Totally uncalled for.

Firstly, let me say I love Carra, but I agree that his criticism of Can was not only totally uncalled for, but for me, a bit spiteful!

LFCexiled
      Reply #547: Jan 21, 2015 06:57:16 pm

Take the sky coin and along the road you travel you will at times have to sell your soul.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #548: Jan 21, 2015 11:15:02 pm

Was just thinking this today and it's the first I've seen Carra in a while and he was way over the top about Can and seems to want to go out of his way to have a go.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #549: Jan 22, 2015 10:46:59 am
      I thought Carra got his angles wrong on Can too. He firstly highlighted the fact Hazard had the legs on him in a turn and go over ten yards. Was anyone surprised by that, really? Can was probably the most surprised of all by the look of it (because the kid DOES have pace) but after that he ensured he got his body across every time. Hazard is about five foot five though and all zip, whereas Can is a big unit who has to go through the gears. Equally, Hazard leaves proper full backs for dead over the first five yards, so what was the issue?

Then he went onto the goal. "First of all Can dives in here" when Emre won the ball clean as a whistle. Why highlight that in that way? It was a tackle Carra himself would have made and been proud of. Then, when Can got done by an excellent piece of skill from a fine player (Fabregas) he "got done too easily there". That maybe fair to point out, but surely the more realistic point is that Can SHOULD HAVE HAD HIM OVER ONCE HE'D GOT DONE. THAT'S what Carra would have done, and THAT'S what he should have said in his comments.

Then he tries to tackle Hazard and gives away the penalty. It irks me a little though that nobody pointed out the absolute fact that Hazard played for it and was on his way down before Can touched him. That doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty (it was) but does anyone think if Suarez had done the same thing it wouldn't have been "and of course if you try and tackle Suarez in there and get it even slightly wrong, he's going to be clever and go down to win the penalty". Hazard throws himself to the ground under the slightest of contacts, even gives it the "Aaaaaargghhhhh" for effect. None of the pundits talk about it though in the same way they did with Luis.

Yes it was a pen, and yes Can made a mistake. Both things happen though in football matches and to 20 year old footballers. Clearly everyone makes mistakes though, even people in TV studios.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,969 posts | 5030 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #550: Jan 22, 2015 11:17:30 am
      Take the sky coin and along the road you travel you will at times have to sell your soul.

I've travelled a long long road mate,
      I've tried to sell mine but it ain't worth sh*t, even offered many a coin, sometimes.   ;D

Ynwa
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,039 posts | 3963 
      Reply #551: Jan 22, 2015 11:38:15 am
      I thought Carra got his angles wrong on Can too. He firstly highlighted the fact Hazard had the legs on him in a turn and go over ten yards. Was anyone surprised by that, really? Can was probably the most surprised of all by the look of it (because the kid DOES have pace) but after that he ensured he got his body across every time. Hazard is about five foot five though and all zip, whereas Can is a big unit who has to go through the gears. Equally, Hazard leaves proper full backs for dead over the first five yards, so what was the issue?

Then he went onto the goal. "First of all Can dives in here" when Emre won the ball clean as a whistle. Why highlight that in that way? It was a tackle Carra himself would have made and been proud of. Then, when Can got done by an excellent piece of skill from a fine player (Fabregas) he "got done too easily there". That maybe fair to point out, but surely the more realistic point is that Can SHOULD HAVE HAD HIM OVER ONCE HE'D GOT DONE. THAT'S what Carra would have done, and THAT'S what he should have said in his comments.

Then he tries to tackle Hazard and gives away the penalty. It irks me a little though that nobody pointed out the absolute fact that Hazard played for it and was on his way down before Can touched him. That doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty (it was) but does anyone think if Suarez had done the same thing it wouldn't have been "and of course if you try and tackle Suarez in there and get it even slightly wrong, he's going to be clever and go down to win the penalty". Hazard throws himself to the ground under the slightest of contacts, even gives it the "Aaaaaargghhhhh" for effect. None of the pundits talk about it though in the same way they did with Luis.

Yes it was a pen, and yes Can made a mistake. Both things happen though in football matches and to 20 year old footballers. Clearly everyone makes mistakes though, even people in TV studios.

Fairy muff Mick maybe Can did put too much weight behind it but the way Hazard went down was a dive all day, coupled with that a goal scoring opportunity it definitely was not.
      The cheating bas**rds were diving all over the F***ing place and that ref F***ing eejit that he was, was having it all F***ing day.
      Hazard being small and nippy confronted by 6ft+ defenders is open day for penalties and he's gonna try everytime, said it before mate I doubt the decision meself. 

Quick Reply