Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Cover for Suarez and Carroll?

Read 16020 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Cover for Suarez and Carroll?
      Reply #69: Mar 25, 2011 08:59:27 pm
      Yeah, he failed at Benfica and Fiorentina too, no way should we go in for him.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #70: Mar 25, 2011 09:07:34 pm
      TBH I was going on the reputation from his early days. Never really seen him play much, only odd snippets since his move to Europe.

If ye say he's not performing, then it's a no.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #71: Mar 26, 2011 06:31:21 am
      Kevin Gameiro?

personally I always rated Marcus Berg but I don't know how he is developing.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #72: Mar 26, 2011 08:32:40 am
      Gervinho?
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #73: Mar 26, 2011 08:56:09 am
      What about Pato? He has been in and out of the AC team this year and would be a quality addition.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #74: Mar 26, 2011 09:53:24 am
      Pato would cost around 40 million

I still would like Peter Odemwingie as a good back up. Having a great season.

thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #75: Mar 26, 2011 10:04:03 am
      Too old.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #76: Mar 26, 2011 10:09:40 am
       The thing to remember while people are talking about excellent players like Aguerro and Pato, this is a BACK UP only. The pre-requisite has to be that a) he's better than N'Gog (which probably rules me out but not many other people), and b) that we don'tr spend too much of our budget on him. As many have said, we have other pressing areas of need so I wouldn't be up for spending more than 20% of our funds on another striker, which I guess would put a maximum ceiling of around 8 million quid or so on the purchase.

Odemwingie is not by any means a daft shout, and nor would be the likes of Elmander (available on a free I think) or Rodellaga. 

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #77: Mar 26, 2011 10:33:51 am
      The thing to remember while people are talking about excellent players like Aguerro and Pato, this is a BACK UP only.  ... I wouldn't be up for spending more than 20% of our funds on another striker

Oops, my bad with Arshavin then but in my defence I was unaware of the 20% rule. I'm still down for a Rodallega tho' and can you add a Sturridge please. ...both fast, industrious and strong.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #78: Mar 26, 2011 10:36:25 am
      I was just about to say Sturridge. Weren't we offered 45 million + Sturridge for Fernando Torres. Sturridge would be a good back up for Suarez and Carroll. Now he's hit form at Bolton it looks like they won't sell him now.

Fantastic young player
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #79: Mar 26, 2011 02:10:51 pm
      Oops, my bad with Arshavin then but in my defence I was unaware of the 20% rule. I'm still down for a Rodallega tho' and can you add a Sturridge please. ...both fast, industrious and strong.

I think Arshavin is a top player, really like him. Funnily enough though I was having a chat with a lad in the pub the other day who is a season ticket holder at Arsenal and he doesn't rate him at all. He reckons only Liverpool fans would rate him as he plays well against us, but is generally sh!te. Generally knows his stuff this bloke as well, but I can't agree with him about the Russian. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #80: Mar 26, 2011 02:59:39 pm
      Funnily enough though I was having a chat with a lad in the pub the other day who is a season ticket holder at Arsenal and he doesn't rate him at all. He reckons only Liverpool fans would rate him as he plays well against us, but is generally sh!te.

It's strange, for whatever reason, how different folk 'see' things differently. Arshavin's contribution in the Premier League this season is 6 goals and 11 assists - none of which were against us and mostly from midfield: Nasri, who, by all accounts, has had a F***ing blinder of a season has 9 goals and 1 assist.

I see in Arshavin a player very akin to Suarez in skill-set, pace and work-rate; that's why I suggested him. Your mate, with the season ticket, doesn't rate him - fair enough.

Although to be honest (as i've pointed out on here); having a season ticket is not on it's own an indicator to any greater level of either understanding of the game or indeed, intelligence. Sorry for digressing.  :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #81: Mar 26, 2011 03:24:02 pm
       I'd be delirious seeing Arshavin in a Liverpool shirt, class player. There are people with bad judgement at most clubs and the Arsenal season ticket holder mentioned earlier sounds like he fits the bill.
      Actually I can't think of any club that couldn't find a place for him, with the exception of course of manUre the fact that he is an LFC supporter apparently would be enough to make whiskey nose baulk at the idea - how good a reason is that for buying him?   
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #82: Mar 26, 2011 04:58:07 pm

Been talking about Rodallega for a while too, he's not brilliant but to add options in the squad he's more than good enough, can do a job on the left wing as well, cutting inside.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #83: Mar 26, 2011 05:33:29 pm
      It's strange, for whatever reason, how different folk 'see' things differently. Arshavin's contribution in the Premier League this season is 6 goals and 11 assists - none of which were against us and mostly from midfield: Nasri, who, by all accounts, has had a F***ing blinder of a season has 9 goals and 1 assist.

I see in Arshavin a player very akin to Suarez in skill-set, pace and work-rate; that's why I suggested him. Your mate, with the season ticket, doesn't rate him - fair enough.

Although to be honest (as i've pointed out on here); having a season ticket is not on it's own an indicator to any greater level of either understanding of the game or indeed, intelligence. Sorry for digressing.  :)

He's been very wasteful this year, started spending more and more time on the bench for Arse recently. He started the season very well but hasn't been able to play consistently. I know Arsenal fans in general are getting wound up by him.

Wouldn't mind him, but not for the money we would have to pay for him. Never really rated him as high as others even when he was banging in goals against us every time we played against us. Including that 4-4 draw.

Capable of doing the sublime, more likely to do the ridiculous, and not in a good way.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #84: Mar 26, 2011 06:08:29 pm
      I think Arshavin has been sh*t all season, he's very lazy is what my Arsenal supporting friends have said.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #85: Mar 26, 2011 06:24:53 pm

Really, in what way?

I've (mostly) only seen highlights and do know that Nasri has been getting all of the plaudits; yet Arshavin's (P.L.) input is most certainly on a par re: goals, assists and minutes played.

I'll take your word fields, as I haven't watched him too much although, if he's been wasteful, I drool at the prospect of a more productive Arshavin. ...and with him spending "more and more time on the bench" (6th most used Arse player in P.L.) - we might get him on the cheap.  :nod:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #86: Mar 26, 2011 06:33:54 pm
      Really, in what way?

I've (mostly) only seen highlights and do know that Nasri has been getting all of the plaudits; yet Arshavin's (P.L.) input is most certainly on a par re: goals, assists and minutes played.

I'll take your word fields, as I haven't watched him too much although, if he's been wasteful, I drool at the prospect of a more productive Arshavin. ...and with him spending "more and more time on the bench" (6th most used Arse player in P.L.) - we might get him on the cheap.  :nod:

Well I know he went back to back to back games on the bench after Arsenals draw with Leeds, on the bench against Barca also.

A quote from Wenger: "As soon as a player doesn’t play fantastically well, he is criticized,” said Wenger. “We all know that.” He continued, “I personally believe he is a great player he is going through a period where it is more difficult at the moment. But he works very hard in training his attitude is fantastic and I am desperate to keep him.”

I just watch Arshavin at the moment and it is quite clear that among the moments of brilliance, an awful lot of attacks break down when he gets the ball. When your playing for Arsenal who keep the ball very well then maybe it shows more I dunno.

I think your point about him being the 6th most played player - this season I take it? might actually be his problem. Wenger again saying "he has played almost every single game since the start of the season he has played for his national team as well and he is physically a bit less fresh. But he will come back stronger than ever because he works very hard in training.”

If he wants to come here and be back up for Carroll and Suarez then of course I would take him over the likes of Hugo Rodillaga or Johan Elmader (1 goal since Christmas I think) but I don't think that is in his interests at all. Maybe a return to Zenit.
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2011 06:39:21 pm by fields of anny rd »
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #87: Mar 26, 2011 06:34:04 pm
      I know a couple of Arsenal season ticket holders and they are very unhappy with him.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #88: Mar 26, 2011 06:41:02 pm
      I know a couple of Arsenal season ticket holders and they are very unhappy with him.

Certainly not a player who will run back and win the ball when he gives it away. I can understand it. Can be very frustrating. Isn't as good as Suarez, nor does he have his all action style.

Don't get me wrong I think he has all the potential in the world, and when on top form, and high on confidence almost unstoppable. Then again, so is Luis Saha.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #89: Mar 26, 2011 07:08:01 pm

Didn't we just do this?  :lmao:

I'm going to pretend I know seventeen, count 'em, seventeen Arse season ticket holders who are ecstatic with Arshavin. Does that make my 'argument' for him any more solid?

We're onto our forth page here tr13 and you've offered nothing in response to the opening post other than sniping at other posters 'positive' input. You're coming across as a bit of a Troll mate.  :-\

Listen; I honestly couldn't give a F**k about Arshavin but the reality would appear to be a tad different to the perception. Jaysus fellas, it's only a bit of fun; you've no need to dab yourselves as I can't see Kenny paying any heed to our delusional musings: can you?

Would it make things easier on fields' and your sensibilities if I was to say that i'm wrong in suggesting Arshavin in response to a hypothetical question?

Here ya go: I'm wrong.   ;D
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2011 07:14:41 pm by bad boy bubby »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #90: Mar 26, 2011 07:24:46 pm
      Didn't we just do this?  :lmao:

I'm going to pretend I know seventeen, count 'em, seventeen Arse season ticket holders who are ecstatic with Arshavin. Does that make my 'argument' for him any more solid?

We're onto our forth page here tr13 and you've offered nothing in response to the opening post other than sniping at other posters 'positive' input. You're coming across as a bit of a Troll mate.  :-\

Listen; I honestly couldn't give a F**k about Arshavin but the reality would appear to be a tad different to the perception. Jaysus fellas, it's only a bit of fun; you've no need to dab yourselves as I can't see Kenny paying any heed to our delusional musings: can you?

Would it make things easier on fields' and your sensibilities if I was to say that i'm wrong in suggesting Arshavin in response to a hypothetical question?

Here ya go: I'm wrong.   ;D

Your opinion is you think Arshavin is an excellent player, my opinion is that this season he has been poor.

Don't really understand the problem to be honest, merely discussing a player mooted as a possible player for Liverpool. Nobody is right or wrong because it is all about opinions. Was just trying to throw my opinion into the ring, sorry if that has somehow offended you  :-\
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #91: Mar 26, 2011 07:45:59 pm
      Your opinion is you think Arshavin is an excellent player, my opinion is that this season he has been poor.

Don't really understand the problem to be honest, merely discussing a player mooted as a possible player for Liverpool. Nobody is right or wrong because it is all about opinions. Was just trying to throw my opinion into the ring, sorry if that has somehow offended you  :-\
      It's me that's offended him, not you.

Quick Reply