Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Scott Parker (West Ham)

Read 9567 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Scott Parker (West Ham)
      May 15, 2011 01:02:54 am

Parker puts Liverpool and Spurs interest to one side

Published 23:01 14/05/11

Scott Parker has admitted he has tried to block out all thoughts about his future until West Ham’s Premier League fate is finally sealed.

With Tottenham and Liverpool both believed to be interested in the England midfielder, Parker – who is valued at around £8 million – will be a wanted man.

He said: ”I’d be lying if I said I haven’t thought about where I’ll be next season. It’s natural you have those thoughts because the reality is that I have a wife and a family.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Scott-Parker-will-put-interest-from-Liverpool-and-Tottenham-to-one-side-until-West-Ham-s-fate-is-sealed-article735826.html
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Re: Scott Parker (West Ham)
      Reply #1: May 15, 2011 01:34:16 am
      I would love him here. I think we should deffo sign him if we will use the 4-2-3-1 formation next year.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2: May 15, 2011 01:39:39 am
      No thanks, Spurs can have him. Good season this year, but I feel we are looking for someone that will be around for more than 2-3 seasons.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,507 posts | 2871 
      Reply #3: May 15, 2011 01:41:19 am
      Won't happen.

Too old.

Had a couple of fantastic seasons though, deserves to see out his career in the Premiership which I'm sure he will.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #4: May 15, 2011 10:30:12 am
      Won't happen.

Too old.

Had a couple of fantastic seasons though, deserves to see out his career in the Premiership which I'm sure he will.
      As the above ,top player but to old .
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #5: May 15, 2011 10:31:07 am
      I would love him here. I think we should deffo sign him if we will use the 4-2-3-1 formation next year.

What?? No he's too old and who would he replace? Lucas - no thanks.

Besides, I don't think Kenny will be rigid with his formations, I think it will just depend on the players he has at his disposal.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #6: May 15, 2011 05:03:40 pm
      What?? No he's too old and who would he replace? Lucas - no thanks.

Besides, I don't think Kenny will be rigid with his formations, I think it will just depend on the players he has at his disposal.

I said buy him if we were to utilize the 4-2-3-1 formation. Just because he is getting up there in age doesn't make him a bad player. In a 4-2-3-1 he would come off the bench and not start over Lucas. He has better stats than Lucas, but i agree and I would still start Lucas over him. And at his age he wouldn't mind coming off the bench, and being a squad player.

I doubt you even have watched him played this year anyways.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #7: May 15, 2011 06:20:57 pm
      No thanks.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #8: May 15, 2011 06:22:54 pm
      Yes!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: May 15, 2011 06:44:38 pm
      Gary Mac was old as well!

I'm sure the vultures will be after Parker, Ba, Hitzelsberger and Green.

Wouldn't mind him here, quality player.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #10: May 15, 2011 09:08:20 pm
      The kind of player we probably need in the centre. Pretty strong ball winner, a passer, experienced and can score goals.

I actually rate him and felt he shouldn't moved to Chelsea back in 2003.

However, I would really have him here in a jiffy if he was 5 years younger.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: May 15, 2011 09:15:52 pm
      Avram Grants been sacked following today's relegation so any decision on Parkers future has been took out of his hands.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #12: May 15, 2011 09:20:00 pm
      Grant was always going to get the sack.

If Parker was 3-4 years later I'd have him in a heartbeat. But IMO he's good enough but is to old. Our model is to attract younger players with sell on value. Which Parker isn't.

If there was any player from West Ham I would take it would be Ba. Has been class for them this season. He's scored more goals for West Ham then Suarez and Carroll have for us combined. Would make for good competition and back up.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #13: May 15, 2011 09:48:06 pm
      Ba's not a bad shout as back up at all, certainly an improvement on N'Gog.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14: May 16, 2011 09:22:15 am
      We'll not need Ba, we'll have three strikers in Kuyt, Carroll and Suarez competing for one or two positions, we'll bring in natural wingers and Kuyt will be used in his natural role, no need to address a position that does not need addressing.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: May 16, 2011 09:44:34 am
      We'll not need Ba, we'll have three strikers in Kuyt, Carroll and Suarez competing for one or two positions, we'll bring in natural wingers and Kuyt will be used in his natural role, no need to address a position that does not need addressing.
      Totally agree Red,without a doubt it is natural wingers we need and that has been the case for a number of seasons now.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #16: May 16, 2011 11:23:10 am
      Stop saying he is too old people if we signed him this summer he will have 2 seasons at the top of the form, even more. We cant just have a bunch of young guy with no leaders and experience i know we have lots of experiened players but some of them will be injured or not in the starting eleven so just by adding that extra depth would mean you will have a bit of Experience and Leadership on the field at all times.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,492 posts | 8676 
      Reply #17: May 16, 2011 11:27:03 am
      Stop saying he is too old people if we signed him this summer he will have 2 seasons at the top of the form, even more. We cant just have a bunch of young guy with no leaders and experience i know we have lots of experiened players but some of them will be injured or not in the starting eleven so just by adding that extra depth would mean you will have a bit of Experience and Leadership on the field at all times.

What some posters are saying though is it goes against what FSG stated when they bought the club.

Personally, I think we've got enough central midfield players, couple of wide players, left back and centre-back before we start worrying about centre-midfield.

But just my opinion.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #18: May 16, 2011 11:27:12 am
      See the thing is, when I think of a player we are interested in, I always think will he improve on what we have now. When it comes to Parker I reckon he would improve on our current squad.  But when we look at the type of players we are linked with I still feel like we could do better.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #19: May 17, 2011 01:05:16 pm

Personally, I would like Parker on this LFC team, in case we don't get Aquilani back ... In fact, I would even send Shelvey on loan to West Ham, as a part of the deal ...
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #20: May 17, 2011 01:11:45 pm
      Super player would like him here instead of Aqua.But it wont happen he is too old and NESV are looking at players aged between 21-26.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,507 posts | 2871 
      Reply #21: May 17, 2011 01:50:03 pm
      Personally, I would like Parker on this LFC team, in case we don't get Aquilani back ... In fact, I would even send Shelvey on loan to West Ham, as a part of the deal ...

I think Shelvey needs game time in the Premiership. He's looking good in the appearances he's made so I wouldn't bother loaning him to the Championship.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #22: May 17, 2011 01:55:38 pm
      I think Shelvey needs game time in the Premiership. He's looking good in the appearances he's made so I wouldn't bother loaning him to the Championship.

Shelvey is only 19, and a season of regular senior football would help his development ... A quality attacking Championship team would suit him much better ...

Quick Reply