Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 739049 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3565: Jul 10, 2015 02:34:07 pm
      Well in Jordan, chuffed for ya son, go on and prove your doubters wrong, I can see you with plenty of tin above your heid

Congrats

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,392 posts | 6405 
      Reply #3566: Jul 10, 2015 02:40:07 pm
      Well in Jordan, chuffed for ya son, go on and prove your doubters wrong, I can see you with plenty of tin above your heid

That's just his hair product Billy ;D
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3567: Jul 10, 2015 02:52:36 pm
      OMG no. Skrtel deserved more this, Hendo doesn't seem the type to spur teammates on or deliver an inspiring speech.

But anyway, i hope this makes him better and will only serve to improve our squad.

Ha, Skrtel. Always makes me laugh when people bring him up in conversations for this. Gerrard himself said that he didn't think any of our centre backs were vocal enough which is why three at the back worked for us. You don't necessarily have to scream and shout, but being able to organise and step up and be vocal when it's needed is a pretty important thing he doesn't have and that's coming from someone who has worked with him for several years.

Sad state of affairs when someone who went missing regularly during the biggest games of our season becomes the captain of a club like ours.

And for those of you with short memories just go back and reach the threads for our games against Arsenal, the Mancs, the Cup semi etc.  Go and see how many people were having a go at him for being invisible.

Should have given it to Sakho.

He was one of our better players against the Mancs. He was poor against Arsenal and Villa, granted, but so were the rest of them (including Gerrard). Conversely, he was brilliant against City, one of the best players on the pitch against Everton, excellent against Spurs, etc. This won't get mentioned by you though.

Ahh, yes, Sakho. The man who went missing and who saw a dip in form at the end of the season too. The man who left a match early after finding out he wasn't in the squad. Yes, we should have given it to him, definitely.

Agree Fed, this was more a case of no other viable options than Hendo being the right man for the job. He's not captain material, who knows it might bring more out of him and that is my hope.

He's a follower and not a leader, but this is a reflection of where we find ourselves as a club more than it is on Hendo. We've allowed people such as Reina, Agger, Carra, Stevie even Luis to leave without properly replacing them and now we find ourselves with little alternative than installing Hendo as club captain.

Well good luck to the bloke but I'm not going to pretend that he's captain material for the sake of showing 'support'.

How do you know he's not captain material? Captaincy is something that, like coaches/assistant managers, is difficult for supporters to have an opinion on. You have no idea if he's captain material. Neither you or I know what he's like in a dressing room before a match or behind the scenes.

In what way is he a follower and not a leader?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3568: Jul 10, 2015 03:01:05 pm
      Sad state of affairs when someone who went missing regularly during the biggest games of our season becomes the captain of a club like ours.

And for those of you with short memories just go back and reach the threads for our games against Arsenal, the Mancs, the Cup semi etc.  Go and see how many people were having a go at him for being invisible.

Should have given it to Sakho.

To be fair mate Gerrard was missing in all those games too as were most of the team. Now I get it that Henderson should have 'geared the lads up' but something tells me that if Gerrard wasn't able to there isn't a lot of men on the planet that could have.

Sakho is a beast and I'd love to see him as the vice captain because I don't think Skrtel is good enough and makes a fool of himself too much to be a captain.

I hope he can step out of Stevie's shadow now and push on just like Gerrard did when he was given the armband.
      dflfc1
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts | 18 
      Reply #3569: Jul 10, 2015 03:23:09 pm
      Good day for our boy Hendo, named LFC captain and voted to be on Fifa 16 UK cover, well in lad ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3570: Jul 10, 2015 03:31:14 pm
      That's just his hair product Billy ;D

Ha, much better than a blue-sh*te rinse tho  ;D

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4949 
      Reply #3571: Jul 10, 2015 03:34:44 pm
      The amount of idiots fuming on Twitter because Hendo is on the new Fifa game is hilarious.

I really think people are losing the plot and need to get a grip.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3572: Jul 10, 2015 03:53:01 pm
      The amount of idiots fuming on Twitter because Hendo is on the new Fifa game is hilarious.

Is he actually going to be on it or has the voting not yet ended? I saw loads of people a few weeks ago threatening to not buy FIFA again :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4949 
      Reply #3573: Jul 10, 2015 03:56:09 pm
      Is he actually going to be on it or has the voting not yet ended? I saw loads of people a few weeks ago threatening to not buy FIFA again :D

Aye he's on it with Messi.

Grown men getting their knickers in a twist about it is just weird.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3574: Jul 10, 2015 03:57:30 pm

Jordan wins vote to be on FIFA 16 cover

New Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson will join Lionel Messi on the front cover of FIFA 16 in the UK and Ireland after Reds fans helped the midfielder win an online vote for the privilege.

Last month, the England international was pitched against fellow Barclays Premier League stars Sergio Aguero, Thibaut Courtois and Harry Kane in a worldwide poll of more than nine million people.

Kopites backed Henderson from the off, voting daily for the man who was today confirmed as the club's new skipper and encouraging others to do exactly the same.

Teammates, peers, former colleagues and celebrities wasted no time in throwing their weight behind him either, much to his delight and appreciation.

And now it has been revealed that the Liverpool captain has successfully seen off the competition to claim a place on the cover of the EA SPORTS game alongside Barcelona's Messi.

"Being part of the first FIFA cover vote was an incredible honour and it's an amazing feeling to know that the public voted for me to come out on top and to be on the cover of FIFA 16 alongside Messi," said Henderson.

"I'm extremely proud to become the first Liverpool player ever on the cover and the support I've had from fans around the world over the past few weeks, particularly Liverpool supporters, has been overwhelming.

"It's great to realise every young footballer's dream and I'm grateful to everyone who voted."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/188468-jordan-wins-vote-to-be-on-fifa-16-cover
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,587 posts | 1502 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3575: Jul 10, 2015 04:02:56 pm

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3576: Jul 10, 2015 04:03:46 pm
      :lmao: I can't wait to buy that!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3577: Jul 10, 2015 04:09:19 pm
      For those suggesting Skrtel and Sakho, Skrtel SHOULD be a leader, but he ain't. He can't organize a back four and you want him to be captain? I love Sakho, but his injury record is unreliable. Might as well make Sturridge vice captain while we're at it too.

But, really, what this appointment shows is the value of hard work. Henderson went from nearly sold to Fulham for 4m to being named captain because he got his head down and earned his place in the side. That's a lesson a fair few could learn from.

And besides, we all know Lovren will be the captain very soon anyway ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,214 posts | 4409 
      Reply #3578: Jul 10, 2015 04:18:49 pm

And besides, we all know Lovren will be the captain very soon anyway ;)

BigMick will be along to plus you soon  ;D

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3579: Jul 10, 2015 07:01:55 pm
      Ahahahahahaha i'm waiting to see the reactions, because alot of FIFA fans said they'll riot if Henderson will be the UK cover of FIFA 16 instead of Hazard/Aguero/Sanchez.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3580: Jul 10, 2015 07:11:52 pm

Is it me or does his head look really narrow there?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3581: Jul 10, 2015 11:17:57 pm
      OMG no. Skrtel deserved more this,

Like F**k did he.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3582: Jul 11, 2015 12:16:23 am

Sad individuals. They'll grow out of it soon.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3583: Jul 11, 2015 01:44:56 am

Have they forgot that Wilshire was on the cover when he was injured for an entire season and then Chamberlin was on the cover when he spent most of his time on the bench that season. Being on the FIFA cover isn't reserved for the 'best player in the league' and never has been.

Sol F***ing Campbell even made it onto one of the covers if I recall.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3584: Jul 11, 2015 10:44:18 am
      Congrats to Jordan on being named Captain.  He's not the type to rest on his laurals so can see him going from strength to strength again this season.  He knows what's expected and will do his damndest to out perform and improve his all round game yet again.

Oh and as for the Fifa thing, well done the fans for voting him in, the outrage it's caused is awesome  ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #3585: Jul 11, 2015 11:36:51 am
      Delighted for the kid and an excellent choice.

Haters gonna hate - this kid is a credit to himself and the club.

Despite dissenting voices - we're a significantly better team when Jordan plays. We need to be on at more to step up instead of sniping at him.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #3586: Jul 11, 2015 12:46:21 pm
      Congrats Hendo! You're gonna be a great captain for our club for many years!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #3587: Jul 12, 2015 03:01:19 am
      Congrats!! Captain Comb Over!!

Quick Reply