Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 737666 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread (M)
      Reply #8050: Jul 05, 2023 11:35:53 am
      When all said and done it's for the boss to decide, that said we all know the faith he has in Henderson !!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread (M)
      Reply #8051: Jul 16, 2023 12:28:32 am
      Temporarily locked.  There is an existing thread discussing recent transfer speculation.

https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,53505.0.html
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq
      Reply #8052: Jul 26, 2023 04:38:23 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Re: Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq
      Reply #8053: Jul 26, 2023 04:39:40 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,155 posts | 3466 
      Reply #8054: Jul 26, 2023 04:48:14 pm
      All done then, very weird this transfer.

Yep - disappointing
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,270 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #8055: Jul 26, 2023 04:48:47 pm
      Weird ain’t the word
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #8056: Jul 26, 2023 05:09:51 pm
      No thanks to him then? Enemy now?
      rossyred

• 9,305 posts | 1669 
      Reply #8057: Jul 26, 2023 05:11:07 pm
      Have we actually announced his departure or have they announced his signature . Piss poor showing him training when this hasn't been announced to my knowledge
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #8058: Jul 26, 2023 05:29:16 pm
      Good luck to the lad that's generational money fair play
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #8059: Jul 26, 2023 05:38:29 pm
      Have we actually announced his departure or have they announced his signature . Piss poor showing him training when this hasn't been announced to my knowledge

It's really odd. There's been no official announcement. Not even a "here we go" from Romano. Very, very strange that this leaks before the club can make an announcement. Certainly won't help the people that are already butt hurt about this move.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,144 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8060: Jul 26, 2023 05:47:46 pm

I’d find it very hard to believe given the connection he had with you lot he doesn’t say a public/video goodbye, he has to surely?
      rossyred

• 9,305 posts | 1669 
      Reply #8061: Jul 26, 2023 05:52:56 pm
      I’d find it very hard to believe given the connection he had with you lot he doesn’t say a public/video goodbye, he has to surely?

Think I have seen the video being done but it should be out when signing completed . More than meets the eye I think and when dust settles be interesting to hear Klopp and his say
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4944 
      Reply #8062: Jul 26, 2023 05:54:38 pm
      It's really odd. There's been no official announcement. Not even a "here we go" from Romano. Very, very strange that this leaks before the club can make an announcement. Certainly won't help the people that are already butt hurt about this move.

Definitely not the most textbook transfer in recent times.

Was always going to move e once this first broke but agree it's been a very strange transfer the way it's played out.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 428 
      Reply #8063: Jul 26, 2023 06:04:41 pm

Why do people think they can tell someone what they should and shouldn't be doing with their own life?

It ain't great the back tracking and mental gymnastics Hendo will have to do to not be a total hypocrite but it's his life to do as he chooses.

I wish him well, but also wish this would be announced so he can start training with his team in peace and we too can move on.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,039 posts | 537 
      Reply #8064: Jul 26, 2023 06:13:06 pm
      Why do people think they can tell someone what they should and shouldn't be doing with their own life?

Cos in Saudi they tell you what you should and shouldn't be doing with your life  but with the added twist that if you are doing what they say you shouldn't (being gay, say, or criticising your ruling class) they cut your head off.
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #8065: Jul 26, 2023 06:27:03 pm
      Cos in Saudi they tell you what you should and shouldn't be doing with your life  but with the added twist that if you are doing what they say you shouldn't (being gay, say, or criticising your ruling class) they cut your head off.

Hold on a minute when did they start executing people for being gay?? You got some proof for that?

Why are their citizens so happy if it's so bad over there? Why is there no influx of Saudis fleeing their land? Why do they come here for holidays but never seek asylum?

Why tf did no one complain about Roman Abramovic when he was funding illegal Israeli settlements whilst being the owner of Chelsea?
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #8066: Jul 26, 2023 06:50:32 pm

It ain't great the back tracking and mental gymnastics Hendo will have to do to not be a total hypocrite but it's his life to do as he chooses.

I wish him well, but also wish this would be announced so he can start training with his team in peace and we too can move on.

Looking at the press today he’s been training with them already, although I don’t think it’s been officially announced!
      Not too happy with how this has been handled, not by the club, but I think Jordan could have waited until the official announcement.
      We’ve had his best years, so let’s wish him well and move on.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #8067: Jul 26, 2023 06:55:41 pm
      Posted a farewell video on his Instagram page.

Wish him all the best.

Here's is the link

https://twitter.com/JHenderson/status/1684261333867298817?t=8vhVUVDKjy4jqeuyklq_fg&s=19
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Reply #8068: Jul 26, 2023 07:09:24 pm
      I don't like the whole thing, very shoddy in my view going there but it doesn't change his contribution over the years and he is not the 1st footballer to be swayed by untold riches. Wish him well and hopefully new leaders emerge.
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 818 posts | 135 
      Reply #8069: Jul 26, 2023 07:12:29 pm
      I can't say the way this transfer has been handled can be described as 'normal' but there again who knows the way things work with the Oily ones.
      Whether we like it or not everyone is entitled to do what they want with their own lives even if we don't agree.
      We don't know who leaked the fact he was recording his farewell (lax security)  and do we think he himself posted the video showing him training with the new team? More likely to have been some journo or simply the 'can lad' at the ground!(More lax security)
      Whilst I don't want to point the finger at my beloved club of 60 years they haven't covered themselves in glory either surely? Why didn't the Club issue a proper statement acknowledging his leaving and that he had gone to train with his new team ahead of the formalities if that was what happened?
      Am all for keeping things 'in house' but there comes a time when keeping schtum does no one any favours!
      Fabinho's on/off/on transfer is also becoming a circus.
      I bear no grudge with either of them. They served the Club well, worked their bo**ocks off and were part of the success story that I was beginning to think I would never see the likes of again.
      Good luck to Hendo (and to Fab) if they ever get a pen for him to sign his contract!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #8070: Jul 26, 2023 07:22:44 pm
      Legend. Only reds skipper to lift the lot.

Gave everything, wasnt always appreciated, by a minority of fans with agendas , and probably the angriest celebrator of a goal in history.

Thanks kid. You've done your time - time for the next generation to pick up the baton.

Here's to you Jordan Henderson. Legend. YNWA
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2023 07:59:07 pm by Scotia »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #8071: Jul 26, 2023 07:32:13 pm
      And now he's released a farewell vid on Instagram before the club have made any announcement.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #8072: Jul 26, 2023 07:33:06 pm

So don't live there...that's their business what they do in their own country and their population should be the ones to inspire change if they don't like it.

But then I'm American....I would say that ;D

Quick Reply