Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)

Read 98825 times
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)
      Reply #1541: Aug 24, 2011 03:02:34 pm
      Just out of interest, on the AC forums are they happy, delighted no upset about Aqua joining them..?

Pretty happy I'd say. They are delighted with the deal and they are calling Galiani a genious because of it. Heh.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1542: Aug 24, 2011 03:04:10 pm
      I do love the wriggling on this thread though. Why not just say, "well f*ck me I'm surprised, I always rated him but obviously I called it a little bit wrong". It's not that hard really.

I think this is where your going wrong Mick. I think a lot of us still rate Aquilani, even if he leaves.

That is much more believable (for me anyway) than 90% of the site just being pig headed, and unwilling to admit they were wrong.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1543: Aug 24, 2011 03:08:16 pm
      Pretty happy I'd say. They are delighted with the deal and they are calling Galiani a genious because of it. Heh.

Why wouldn't they ? He has managed to do the same last summer to Barca with Ibrahimovic, in the last week of the transfer window ...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1544: Aug 24, 2011 03:11:05 pm
      I think this is where your going wrong Mick. I think a lot of us still rate Aquilani, even if he leaves.

That is much more believable (for me anyway) than 90% of the site just being pig headed, and unwilling to admit they were wrong.

There's nothing wrong with rating him mate, I've said myself lots of times he's obviously a talented footballer. The problem I've got is not people rating him or disagreeing with anybody who doesn't overly, it's when they go totally over the top in their attacks on people who don't agree with them. If anybody dared to say that perhaps loaning him out wasn't such a crazy decision in their opinion for instance, they got absolutely lambasted and seized upon by a clan on here. In fairness to yourself you weren't part of all that (and most others weren't either), but I know I came infor a fair emount of abuse for basically saying that I thought he was a poor buy in the first place.

Now it's all come to pass that perhaps those who shouted the loudest weren't right after all, I can't help but smile at the way some of them either wriggle like a pricked worm or disappear completely.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1545: Aug 24, 2011 03:12:23 pm

Some have always rated the lad but have become disenchanted with the way he has conducted himself throughout the whole sorry story.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #1546: Aug 24, 2011 03:14:02 pm
      Gazzetta: Aquilani is a Milan player. Galliani: "Transfer market closed."
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1547: Aug 24, 2011 03:15:00 pm
      Tell me its not true that we're still paying part of his wages?

Also they're obliged to buy him if he plays 25 games..? Whats to stop them sticking him on the pitch for 24 games then making him warm the bench?

Wouldn't surprise me if hes back here again next season.
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2011 03:23:47 pm by Dannylfc »
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #1548: Aug 24, 2011 03:19:16 pm
      paul_tomkins Paul Tomkins
      RT @Paolo_Bandini: Gazzetto report that Aquilani to Milan deal is done. Loan deal but Milan obliged to buy if he plays more than 25 games

It's not another F***ing loan deal is it?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1549: Aug 24, 2011 03:21:26 pm
      Hopefully the arguments are nearly over now and we can all move on. A few people have received a lot of abuse just for stating their opinion which is sad (especially as I was on the receiving end of a lot of it!) but its sadder for the club as we have lost a lot of money which could have been used to bring in new players.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1550: Aug 24, 2011 03:48:25 pm
      Pretty sure the only abuse was because people were saying things like "He's sh*t and this proves it"

He's obviously not sh*t, and even more obviously, his heart in in his homeland, and while I hope it works out for him it's sad that a player with vision, touch, guile and skill couldn't settle for whatever reason.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1551: Aug 24, 2011 03:58:25 pm
      A few people have received a lot of abuse just for stating their opinion which is sad (especially as I was on the receiving end of a lot of it!)

Shush... is that the pitter-patter of tiny mewlings I hear s@int?  You're breaking my heart... :f_tongueincheek:

Joking aside: like your good self, I'll be glad to see the back of this debacle.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1552: Aug 24, 2011 04:27:48 pm
      Reality check is what some need who deny that kenny rates the lad,bottom line is we are overflowing with midfielders and intrested clubs are well aware of this situation are looking to exploit that fact,secondly we have an unsettled player on our books thanks to the ass wipes who were running the club previously and a poor man management manager.

Yeah, we are overflowing with midfielders thanks to those cu*ts who forced us to buy Downing, Henderson and Adam nine months after they left... hang on a minute...

As to the ridiculous idea that Italian clubs are trying to get a great deal because he is homesick - when you have a good player who wants to go to another country, you will get 3, 4 or 5 teams all vying for his signature.  If Juve/Inter/Roma/Lazio thought he was a good player, they'd be beating down our door to improve on the Milan offer, offering to pay all his wages on loan and then take him for £7m - still a pisstake.  Then Milan would offer all his wages and £10m at the end... get the picture? 

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1553: Aug 24, 2011 04:32:59 pm
      Yeah, we are overflowing with midfielders thanks to those cu*ts who forced us to buy Downing, Henderson and Adam nine months after they left... hang on a minute...

As to the ridiculous idea that Italian clubs are trying to get a great deal because he is homesick - when you have a good player who wants to go to another country, you will get 3, 4 or 5 teams all vying for his signature.  If Juve/Inter/Roma/Lazio thought he was a good player, they'd be beating down our door to improve on the Milan offer, offering to pay all his wages on loan and then take him for £7m - still a pisstake.  Then Milan would offer all his wages and £10m at the end... get the picture? 

That does sound like a more optimistic scenario...fingers crossed.
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #1554: Aug 24, 2011 05:44:19 pm
      If that deal about 25 games is true then Aquilani's transfer is a fail of epic proportions. We recouped most of the Keane money when we sold him back to Tottenham, but this Aquilani stuff is crazy.

First we signed a ridiculous contract when signing him (he was also injured by the way). And now this? If those rumours about 25 games clause and joint wage payments, 6 M euros over 3 seasons if they opt to buy him (WTF?) then we are really getting shafted. F**k, I just want this to end...
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1555: Aug 24, 2011 06:03:27 pm
      Poor managment very poor!.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1556: Aug 24, 2011 06:12:08 pm

Italian clubs play a long game, they always have done.

The only thing we have in our favour is that he is still our player.

I expect the ante to be upped if we refuse to budge, with ANY Italian club always trying to play a political game.

Get the picture?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1557: Aug 24, 2011 06:30:19 pm

Aquilani the man for Milan
      Galliani confirms deal is virtually done

By Nadia Carminati
      Last Updated: August 24, 2011 4:40pm

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has confirmed the club are on the brink of signing Alberto Aquilani from Liverpool.

The Italian midfielder's agent declared earlier on Wednesday that he was hopeful a deal could be struck quickly and reports in Italy suggest terms have now been agreed between all parties.

The transfer is not official yet as Aquilani still needs to fly to Milan to undergo a medical and put pen to paper, which could happen in the next 24 hours.

But Galliani has been unable to contain his excitement at the news and has declared that Milan will not look to sign anybody else.

"We've signed a player with great quality," said Galliani. "He's the right man for Milan.

"Our transfer market campaign has now come to a close."

It is understood that Aquilani will join Milan on an initial loan deal and a permanent move will be triggered if he makes at least 25 appearances this season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11863_7121996,00.html
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1558: Aug 24, 2011 06:36:27 pm
      Its very sad state of affairs that AA has now being jettisoned of to milan as he has quality but just hasnt shown this to the fans apart from glimpses when fit,its now time to put this sorry story behind us and move on ....at last.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1559: Aug 24, 2011 06:38:14 pm
      If it was e-Bay they'd have a zero status.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #1560: Aug 24, 2011 06:38:25 pm
      Sigh. I am now very worried about our creativity when eventually the hype settles and players fail to unlock defences. This is really disappointing.

And for all those questioning Aquilani's price and the hesitancy from clubs grabbing him, it's his injury record nothing else.
      Again I say it; Henderson, Adam, Meireles, Lucas, Spearing, Cole, Poulsen are not better players than Aquilani so why we are letting him go is beyond me. I strongly believe he's over his injuries. Kenny has made a mistake here.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1561: Aug 24, 2011 06:45:09 pm
      Sigh. I am now very worried about our creativity when eventually the hype settles and players fail to unlock defences. This is really disappointing.

And for all those questioning Aquilani's price and the hesitancy from clubs grabbing him, it's his injury record nothing else.
      Again I say it; Henderson, Adam, Meireles, Lucas, Spearing, Cole, Poulsen are not better players than Aquilani so why we are letting him go is beyond me. I strongly believe he's over his injuries. Kenny has made a mistake here.

Not for me - he played a full season there and I think got back into the Italy squad.

It's more the fact that Italian football is on its arse, as is their economy, and they will do whatever they can to get a good player on the cheap, even if that means playing silly buggers, and priming his agent to say stuff in the price.

It's hardly a new tactic from the country which gave us the Borgia's and macchiavelli.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #1562: Aug 24, 2011 06:49:31 pm
      I'm not sayinf they aren't cheap, I am saying injury factor is a big deterrent, remove that and Europe would be knocking!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1563: Aug 24, 2011 06:56:33 pm
      I'm not sayinf they aren't cheap, I am saying injury factor is a big deterrent, remove that and Europe would be knocking!

I know that, and I'm saying that he hasn't been injured for over 18 months, and that it isn't a factor anymore.

Fact is, it's only Italian clubs making noises in the press, and his agent has stated time and again that he only wants to play in Italy, so that leaves a couple of Italian clubs who have been trying to get him on the cheap because they think they have us over a barrel.

It's not FSG's money to lose either, as he was bought under the rein of the cowboys, so the Italians know and we know that they and the player hold all the cards.

Quick Reply