Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you have Torres back at Anfield for 20 Million?

Yes?
      104 (50.7%)
      No?
      101 (49.3%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Fernando Torres (Chelsea)

Read 63349 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
      Reply #184: Dec 15, 2011 02:14:46 pm
      Because no matter how you feel about him now, if he rejoined you would not just see him as another player.

I would mate, because I'd never believe another word he said, if Torres told me it was raining outside, I'd go and check before I put a coat on.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #185: Dec 15, 2011 02:22:17 pm
      Then there is the situation with his former team mates too which could cause problems with the harmony in the squad, Carragher, Gerrard, Aggers, Skrtel etc etc are only human, some will not too be bothered if Torres returns, some won't want him back, just like us fans.

And yet in "An Epic Swindle"  Carra and Gerrard both said they did't blame him for leaving, which pretty much pisses all over that argument.

I have little doubt that if the club captain and vice captain don't blame him, other players will feel the same or even just shrug and say "what's to forgive"

It's an asinine argument at best.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #186: Dec 15, 2011 02:25:36 pm
      And yet in "An Epic Swindle"  Carra and Gerrard both said they did't blame him for leaving, which pretty much pisses all over that argument.

Errm no it doesn't read it again, your an intelligent bloke, read the context of.

Then there is the situation with his former team mates too which could cause problems with the harmony in the squad, Carragher, Gerrard, Aggers, Skrtel etc etc are only human, some will not too be bothered if Torres returns, some won't want him back, just like us fans.

So Gerrard and Carragher don't blame him for leaving.

Aggers forearm smash and his words suggests he wasnt happy with the manner in which he left.

So as I said players are only Human, some would not be too bothered to have him back, some wouldnt like him back, just like our fans.

KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #187: Dec 15, 2011 02:28:43 pm
      Errm no it doesn't read it again, your an intelligent bloke, read the context of.

hen there is the situation with his former team mates too which could cause problems with the harmony in the squad, Carragher, Gerrard, Aggers, Skrtel etc etc are only human, some will not too be bothered if Torres returns, some won't want him back, just like us fans.

So Gerrard and Carragher don't blame him for leaving.

Aggers forearm smash and his words suggests he wasnt happy with the manner in which he left.

So as I said players are only Human, some would be happy to have him back, some wouldnt, just like our fans.

Aggers supposed forearm smash was him being competetive, just like he always is - nothing more, nothing less.

You've been suggesting throughout the thread that players will have an issue with him coming back (if he does) I am saying it's a load of old pony because both Gerrard and Carra have stated VERY clearly that they hold no grudges.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #188: Dec 15, 2011 02:31:06 pm
      You've been suggesting throughout the thread that players will have an issue with him coming back (if he does) I am saying it's a load of old pony because both Gerrard and Carra have stated VERY clearly that they hold no grudges.

No i've been suggesting some players May have a problem with him coming back, quite a difference cherub.

Agger was just being competative eh, so his words about Torres leaving count for nothing ?

Then if that is the case I'd say neither do Carra's or Gerrards.

Anyway, back in your box you, don't know why I'm even replying to you.

You'll only be looking for an argument.

Then cry woe be me when you lose it.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #189: Dec 15, 2011 02:40:18 pm
      No i've been suggesting some players May have a problem with him coming back, quite a difference cherub.

Agger was just being competative eh, so his words about Torres leaving count for nothing ?

Then if that is the case I'd say neither do Carra's or Gerrards.

Anyway, back in your box you, don't know why I'm even replying to you.

You'll only be looking for an argument.

Then cry woe be me when you lose it.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

No, you are trying to spin it your own way, as usual.

If there was any evidence to suggest that some players may have a problem with him returning then it would be fair enough, but that is clearly not the case.

These guys are pro's, and to suggest they may hold a grudge because a player has gone on to pastures new is ridiculous, with the odd exception perhaps, like the thick shites who slag a club off when they get sold on.

Did anyone here ever hate a workmate because he left a company and went on to another to further his ambition?

No, because that would be childish and petty, which sums up your attempted wind up quite neatly.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #190: Dec 15, 2011 02:43:49 pm
      « Reply #189 on: Today at 02:40:18 PM »

You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,271 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #191: Dec 15, 2011 02:44:53 pm
      Cut the hand bags out.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #192: Dec 15, 2011 02:46:29 pm

What handbags mate - I was trying to make a perfectly valid point when the user started yet another of his wind up/insult tactics prevalent throughouut the board.

Where I mod, we call his kind a Troll.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #193: Dec 15, 2011 02:49:10 pm

No handbags from me he's on Ignore where he belongs, can't be done with him, he's like a big bairn.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,271 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #194: Dec 15, 2011 02:56:55 pm
      Both of you are trying to wind each other up.
      Both of you obviously have different points on this of view and that is fine. But let it go.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #195: Dec 15, 2011 03:33:39 pm
      Both of you are trying to wind each other up.Both of you obviously have different points on this of view and that is fine. But let it go.

Considering the fact that the forum broke its own rules when he created a 2nd account, and considering that there seems to be one rule for most and another for the biggest troll on the site, I think I will vacate the premises and join a forum where the rules are not enforced arbitrarily just because someone has a high post count.

I wish you luck with your resident troll.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #196: Dec 15, 2011 04:00:39 pm
      I can't believe that the vote is split at 50-50 on Torres coming back.

Do i want him back?. Never, he betrayed us, betrayal is unforgivable in my book, especially when he lied about his love for us.

Does he want to come back?. I'd say that if Kenny offered him a return to Anfield he'd bite his F***ing hand off. It's clear to see that Torres truly regrets his departure and is a miserable shadow of the hero he once was.

The facts are this, he made his bed, he F***ing lies in it. I feel no pity for Torres or sympathy, he fu**ed us over and is now experiencing karma.

Ask yourself this question, could you ever trust Torres again?. I know i couldn't. Ciao Nando, or just F**k off you lying c**t.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #197: Dec 15, 2011 04:04:12 pm
      Voted yes but I never expect him to return
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #198: Dec 15, 2011 04:05:43 pm
      Its not about keeping up with traditions, were struggling to convert chances which is costing us points and I wouldn't gamble £20m on a striker who is struggling for confidence in front of goal to try and fix that problem, if we wanted to do that we have a £35m striker already on our books in a similar situation.

The only difference being, Torres has actually scored 81 goals in 143 appearances for LFC. As some people would say: "Form is temporary, class is permanent". Anyone who has watched Ian Rush at LFC, at Juventus, and then back at LFC would know that.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #199: Dec 15, 2011 04:06:17 pm
      Will never happen,and i would be disappointed if he came back. He said he left for a bigger club!! F**k him and his bigger club, hope he never scores again and ends up back in Spain.He is playing sh*te since he left i cant understand why people would want him back???He had his chance to play up front with Suarez for our club but decided to go to the Russian Mafia.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #200: Dec 15, 2011 04:11:48 pm
      He said he left for a bigger club!!

Why do people have this need to make up things ? He has said that "He is pleased to join a big club like Chelsea". Have you watched Xabi Alonso's first interview as a Real Madrid player ? He has said the the exact same thing about his new club. Same goes for Mascherano at Barca, and for every other player that has left or joined LFC.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #201: Dec 15, 2011 04:15:33 pm
       I don't hold a grudge, I wouldn't trust him in the future but then again I never trusted him in the first place. If he does want to come back (and it's a big IF) it won't be because he loves Liverpool, it'll be because he wants to play regularly so he can get back into the Spanish team. That's not to say he's any more of a c than any other player, it's just to point out that ultimately almost all of them think of themselves first and second.

He's a good player, our needs coincide with his therefore I'd have him back.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,932 posts | 976 
      Reply #202: Dec 15, 2011 04:18:28 pm
      Will never happen,and i would be disappointed if he came back. He said he left for a bigger club!! f**k him and his bigger club, hope he never scores again and ends up back in Spain.He is playing sh*te since he left i cant understand why people would want him back???He had his chance to play up front with Suarez for our club but decided to go to the Russian Mafia.

Put your personal feelings aside mate.  As they say, "there is no room for sentimentality in football."  Everyone makes mistakes, and Torres clearly made a big one when he left for Chelsea last January.  However, if he realizes his mistake and is a big enough man to own up to it, then I'll forgive him.  Furthermore, if Kenny believes that he can come back into the team and produce the goods that will help us win trophies, I certainly won't be one to disagree with the king. 

I'd personally file this transfer rumor in the "highly unlikely" folder, but if it does come off then I'll support Torres as if he never left.  If he stays at the Chavs or goes to another English team, then I'll hope he continues to struggle.  If he leaves the country to head to Italy or back to Spain, then I'll wish him all the best as he gave us a few fantastic years and some wonderful memories. 
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #203: Dec 15, 2011 04:20:47 pm
      Why do people have this need to make up things ? He has said that "He is pleased to join a big club like Chelsea". Have you watched Xabi Alonso's first interview as a Real Madrid player ? He has said the the exact same thing about his new club. Same goes for Mascherano at Barca, and for every other player that has left or joined LFC.

He will never wear a Liverpool shirt again and i for one couldent give a bollix,he is gone to sh*t the last year and a half,he is not worth anywere near 20 mill,If we are going to spend that kind of money on a striker they have to be on Form, there are some great strikers out there for that kind of money or a few mill more.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #204: Dec 15, 2011 04:24:31 pm
      Put your personal feelings aside mate.  As they say, "there is no room for sentimentality in football."  Everyone makes mistakes, and Torres clearly made a big one when he left for Chelsea last January.  However, if he realizes his mistake and is a big enough man to own up to it, then I'll forgive him.  Furthermore, if Kenny believes that he can come back into the team and produce the goods that will help us win trophies, I certainly won't be one to disagree with the king. 

I'd personally file this transfer rumor in the "highly unlikely" folder, but if it does come off then I'll support Torres as if he never left.  If he stays at the Chavs or goes to another English team, then I'll hope he continues to struggle.  If he leaves the country to head to Italy or back to Spain, then I'll wish him all the best as he gave us a few fantastic years and some wonderful memories. 

I was sick when he left i thought we would of had the best strike  force in the league if he had of stayed,I think thats were all the hatred comes from,I dont think we should buy him if he goes up for sale,But if Kenny brought him back who am i to moan about what the manager dose.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #205: Dec 15, 2011 04:26:13 pm
      He will never wear a Liverpool shirt again and i for one couldent give a bollix,he is gone to sh*t the last year and a half,he is not worth anywere near 20 mill,If we are going to spend that kind of money on a striker they have to be on Form, there are some great strikers out there for that kind of money or a few mill more.

Everything you say is debatable, and you are entitled to have an opinion.

Still, you shouldn't make up things like you did couple of posts before.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,932 posts | 976 
      Reply #206: Dec 15, 2011 04:26:34 pm
      there are some great strikers out there for that kind of money or a few mill more.

Please name some then.  Darren Bent was a 20M striker, but he has only notched up 5 goals and 1 assist in 15 appearances for Villa this season compared to Torres' 4 goals and 4 assists in 17 appearances for Chelsea.  The big difference is that all 15 of Bent's appearances have come as a starter, while Torres has made 6 appearances from the bench....

Quick Reply