Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3066721 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #1334: Jun 04, 2012 12:54:02 am
      Jesus Christ he just gets it he just has it. That human touch, that touch of only being part of a bigger picture. Shanks, Bob, Joe Kenny and Rafa had it.

Class touch that.

Id wager that in time and by that I mean up to 3 years from now well be praising the day this man arrived

This.

I'm completely ready to go in to a new era with Brendan. No matter who comes or goes. I've just got this gut feeling.

As Brian said, he's got the human touch. There's a massive aura about him.  I can't explain it.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1335: Jun 04, 2012 01:03:36 am
      Just listened to the full press conference, and no man or any other manager could have done as perfect a press conference as that. He got everything spot on and nothing seemed contrived. A touch of class like no other manager.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1336: Jun 04, 2012 01:10:05 am
      Just listened to the full press conference, and no man or any other manager could have done as perfect a press conference as that. He got everything spot on and nothing seemed contrived. A touch of class like no other manager.
      Good pressers won"t win matches , why don"t we wait and see.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1337: Jun 04, 2012 05:05:36 am
      Hodgson MKII all over again.

hoping he can prove me wrong. but his name doesn't excite me 1% for next season.

5Mil compensation and full power. WHAT THE F**k he has achieved?
      Really? Every Football writer, player and coach has said this guy is a great coach.  He promoted Swansea and finished 11th in the EPL this season, I think thats a pretty good achievement. Not too mention he was named as manager of one of the top 5 Professional Football clubs in the world.  He hasnt been mgr for 1 week and your bitching and moaning about him. Jesus, let him coach a match first.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1338: Jun 04, 2012 08:05:23 am
      Really? Every Football writer, player and coach has said this guy is a great coach.  He promoted Swansea and finished 11th in the EPL this season, I think thats a pretty good achievement. Not too mention he was named as manager of one of the top 5 Professional Football clubs in the world.  He hasnt been mgr for 1 week and your bitching and moaning about him. Jesus, let him coach a match first.
      The guy's a wind up mate, everyone outside mankychester will tell you Rodgers is a class act and oozing potential.
      Might just be a clue there buddy - anyone outside mankychester.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #1339: Jun 04, 2012 10:16:34 am
      I admit I was not too happy about this appointment at first. I watched his press conference live and he really impressed me.
      Since then I've trawled the net to find out as much as I can about the man and his football philosophy and it seems to me he is the perfect fit for this club.
      There is something about the man that gives me goose bumps thinking about next season , I cannot wait to see what he can do.
      The argument that he's won nothing is one I  used , but when you think about it , the same could be said about any successfull manager at some stage.
      I don't think we are going to win the League next year , but I do believe that he will start to lay the foundations that will stand us in good stead for the years to come.
      It's time to back him and help him make Anfield into that fortress again. We're on a journey , there will be many twists and turns along the way , but I'm sure it will be exciting and the destination will hopefully be the one we all want.

:kop5cf8koxp6: 

Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #1340: Jun 04, 2012 10:58:39 am
      Well well well. Every time i read or see another interview with this man i just keep hanging on his every word. It's coming from the heart from Brendan, you can see it in his eyes. The steely determination, the doggedness, the relentless pursuit of his own version of total football and his unflinching belief in what he knows he can achieve.

We are now a part of that belief, he's not hiding at all, he's putting himself out there for the World to see. Whether people believe he is the man for the job is obviously open to debate, he wasn't my first choice, Andre Villas Boas was. One of the reasons for that choice apart from the trophies he'd won was the fact that he'd worked under Mourinho, something he shares with Brendan.

I honestly thought there was no chance of him leaving Swansea after the Season they had just had so the thought of us getting him never even crossed my mind. The opportunity of managing the biggest Club in the world  was obviously going to be a massive temptation, especially for a young man cutting his teeth in the Premier League. Negotiations obviously took place and Brendan set out his criteria for his requirements of the owners should he take the job.

The main concern for us as supporters was whether we'd get a yes man to fit into the new 'structure', comprising of a Sporting Director and 2 other positions which would basically encompass and rename the old 'DoF' role. It was great to know that Brendan stipulated that under no circumstances whatsoever would he relinquish all or any control over the playing side of the Club. Another sign of a man with the balls to fight for what he wants and believes in.

What is of utmost importance to me is that we got a manager that got who we are, what we stand for and what we expect, after all, this is the greatest Club on Earth. He does get it, he gets us, he gets the Club, he knows what Liverpool expects.

Talking of managers that get us, Rafa would have been welcome back in my eyes. If anyone got us then Rafa did but there was always that nagging doubt in my mind about whether he'd learned from his previous mistakes due to his unrelenting stubbornness. It wasn't to be and with hindsight it could have been the wrong move due to the guaranteed change in our style of play if he had returned.

Which leads me to my next point, our style of football. I can't hide from my hatred towards FSG for their treatment of Kenny Dalglish, the way they hung him out to dry over the Suarez affair and his flight to the USA to be told he was sacked. It went totally against the morals and principles of our Club and it hurt, it f**king hurt! and it's still hurting now. I am trying to vent that anger to ease the mental pressure but the pressure gauge is still in the red.

My biggest concern about the next manager didn't involve credentials, it wasn't about previous titles won etc. It was about the philosophy of our next manager, whether he would have the same beliefs as Dalglish and build on the solid foundations that our King had laid or whether he'd come in all guns blazing and rip the foundations up and start again. Luckily for us Brendan shares a very similar philosophy to Dalglish with the emphasis on pass and move football. It has been a relief to see Brendan commending Dalglish on his recent work and identifying with the type of football that Liverpool fans expect to see.

I'm not over Dalglish yet, i don't think i ever will be, how do you get over the sacking of a man that never deserved to be sacked?. Quite simply, you can't.

I'm not going to compare Brendan to any of our previous managers, though i do see several characteristics in the man akin to many of our managers of yesteryear. Maybe that's my point really, i see a bit of everything in Brendan. The steel of Shankly, the modesty of Paisley, the astuteness of Fagan, the enthusiasm of Dalglish and the focus of Benitez.

Am i looking for things that aren't there?. No i'm not, i see them in every interview or presser. The pain from the departure of Dalglish is still fresh but i'm hoping Brendan can ease that pain as time goes by. Only time will tell i suppose but all the signs are there that Brendan could be here for a very long time and join a long list of successful Liverpool managers.

I see it and i feel it, don't ask me why because i can't pinpoint it just quite yet, but it's there, that feeling of something big and great about to happen.

One thing you can't deny is that Brendan means business. Well i'm aboard for the ride.

In Brendan We Trust.            You'll Never Walk Alone.                    Bring It Home.
      Top post mate, i think the majority of us think like this. dont like what they did with Kenny but i do think they had to get their man now before either spurs, chavs or even the mancs got him. Wish the guy all my very best and hope in time he can bring us to the heights our beloved LFC need to be.
      Totally behind the man, with hope in my heart. Now lets let him get to work and wait and see where we are in a couple of seasons.
                                        YNWA
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1341: Jun 04, 2012 11:22:48 am
      Brendan Rodgers is LIVERPOOL FC"s new manger
       Maybe he was not the fans' first choice (me included)
       but he was FSG's  number 1 choice, they declared it, and was confirmed by our captain
      So just give him the  full support, he did not have  a single day of training yet, let alone a game

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1342: Jun 04, 2012 11:24:47 am
      Its going to be down to the players believing in him more than anything else. If the senior players react positively then he will get off to a good start but if the older players or younger ones for that matter dont buy in the problems will start.
      I dont think we have had a united dressing room for sometime now we have to get that back and start again just as Rafa did in 2004 he was a breath of fresh air and his introduction of the Spanish lads changed the club.I dont know if Brendan will get the funds to bring enough of his own players in to make a difference.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1343: Jun 04, 2012 11:47:53 am
      Its going to be down to the players believing in him more than anything else. If the senior players react positively then he will get off to a good start but if the older players or younger ones for that matter dont buy in the problems will start.
      I dont think we have had a united dressing room for sometime now we have to get that back and start again just as Rafa did in 2004 he was a breath of fresh air and his introduction of the Spanish lads changed the club.I dont know if Brendan will get the funds to bring enough of his own players in to make a difference.

From what he has said about doing things on his terms I would be surprised if Rodgers didn't have a commitment from the owners in terms of new players. Kuyt has gone, Aurelio has gone so there are some wages already culled. Is he going to convert Gerrard or Lucas into Xavi, maybe he'll even convert Downing into a footballer.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1344: Jun 04, 2012 12:51:58 pm
      A lot of people saying that he may get the bullet if he doesn't get us into the top four as thats what happened to Kenny.

I don't agree - If Rodgers gets us in the top 6 its likely that we have at least been in the mix for the duration of the season such is the difference in points between 6th and 4th.

We where out of the race far too early last season and could anybody say we really threatened that top 4 for the last few months of the season?

I'd like to imagine Rodgers will be secrectly aiming for a lot higher than that though. Aim for the stars and you'll reach the sky and all that type of talk.

A couple of tweaks and new additions, no 8 match bans, better finishing in front of goal entwined with a bit of luck and under-performing players pulling their fingers out of their arses and you can expect around 15-21 points on last season's surprisingly low 52 point finish of which would then put you right in the mix for the Champions League places.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #1345: Jun 04, 2012 01:10:19 pm
      Getting looks like a good move from FSG but what scares me is all this messiah comments in this thread. People are comparing his quotes with shankley's. Some are raving about how well he is doing at interviews.
      I am also looking forward to next season and i will support out new manager. The only thing that blew my mind away with all this saga is that how good John Henry & co are to sell a "product". they did everything right. I cant shake the feeling that some of this pro Rodgers comments wouldnt have been posted if the poster wasnt influenced by the board via interviews/ press releases and off course people following each others hype.

I support the manager but let him do something before we start to judge him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1346: Jun 04, 2012 01:12:18 pm
      A lot of people saying that he may get the bullet if he doesn't get us into the top four as thats what happened to Kenny.

I don't agree - If Rodgers gets us in the top 6 its likely that we have at least been in the mix for the duration of the season such is the difference in points between 6th and 4th.

We where out of the race far too early last season and could anybody say we really threatened that top 4 for the last few months of the season?

I'd like to imagine Rodgers will be secrectly aiming for a lot higher than that though. Aim for the stars and you'll reach the sky and all that type of talk.

A couple of tweaks and new additions, no 8 match bans, better finishing in front of goal entwined with a bit of luck and under-performing players pulling their fingers out of their arses and you can expect around 15-21 points on last season's surprisingly low 52 point finish of which would then put you right in the mix for the Champions League places.

Agree mate,although our league position was woeful, it did not reflect where we should have finished, albeit still way below what is expected,

Brendan recognises that and with an addition or 3 together with a bit of tweaking here and there we won't be to far off me thinks.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1347: Jun 04, 2012 01:13:48 pm
      Glad to have Brendan on board.

I don't know much about him but he's worked with Mourinho in the past, done a fantastic job to bring Swansea to finish 11th in the league in their first Premier League campaign whilst playing some pretty football.

Hoping he can do much better here at Liverpool, get us playingt the way we are meant to be playing and being successful with the club in the coming seasons.

Has my 100% backing as of now and I don't think he'll sprout sh*t like that Owl who used to managed us.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1348: Jun 04, 2012 01:25:26 pm
      Starting to get a bit anxious about all the hype concerning our manager.

I hope some folk's patience is as long as their aspirations are positive when the honeymoon period is over.

It will take time, things won't happen overnight, he's got a lot of work and a long hard road ahead of him.

Time is the key factor here, right alongside patience and perspective.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1349: Jun 04, 2012 02:12:46 pm
      Hi All

This is my first post so apologies if the format is not 100%  (all I have done recently is read) - anyway I live in Bebington on the Wirral and I have literally just registered on this site because a helicopter has flown low over my house towards Anfield etc. and that is very unusual especially on a Wednesday (happens a lot during Grand National Thurs - Sat)

So I am just putting 2 + 2 together and thinking the new LFC manager might be getting his pictures taken @ Anfield as we speak!!

Just FYI

No Mate. 2 + 2 = 7 .

That was our active Special Forces Group ...   Scal Qaeda   ... flying low over your house.
      Members of this forum were on board but we cant disclose their identity either we have to start eating things.

At the time , the operation was classified ... but we can now tell you that we were acting on a tip off that a drunk Texan fitting the description of a Mr Thomas Hicks was staggering around Stanley park and we were sending in a snatch squad to get him.

As you may know Mr Hicks is wanted for trying to perpetrate an epic swindle on the fans of Liverpool Football Club over a forty four month period.

I think you will be relieved to know .................. we got him.

As you say Just F.Y.I.

Yippee Kie Yay.

Welcome to the Forum.
      « Last Edit: Jun 04, 2012 02:54:03 pm by eurored »
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1350: Jun 04, 2012 02:43:34 pm
      Has my 100% backing as of now and I don't think he'll sprout sh*t like that Owl who used to managed us.

In my opinion, Rodgers has spoken more sense already than Woy did in the whole time he was manager. No comparison.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1351: Jun 04, 2012 03:16:22 pm
      Well the team he took over has Gerrard,Henderson,Downing,Kelly and Johnson in Englands Squad.
      We then have Reina,Agger,Skyrtl,Enrique,Suarez,Lucas.If that isnt the basis of a good team then I dont know what is.Added to that old heads and young talent form Bellamy to Coates and Sterling then we dont need a massive overhaul just a few tweeks and a few sessions with a barn door and I think we will have a good season under Brendan.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #1352: Jun 04, 2012 04:36:41 pm
      I admit I was not too happy about this appointment at first. I watched his press conference live and he really impressed me.
      Since then I've trawled the net to find out as much as I can about the man and his football philosophy and it seems to me he is the perfect fit for this club.
      There is something about the man that gives me goose bumps thinking about next season , I cannot wait to see what he can do.
      The argument that he's won nothing is one I  used , but when you think about it , the same could be said about any successfull manager at some stage.
      I don't think we are going to win the League next year , but I do believe that he will start to lay the foundations that will stand us in good stead for the years to come.
      It's time to back him and help him make Anfield into that fortress again. We're on a journey , there will be many twists and turns along the way , but I'm sure it will be exciting and the destination will hopefully be the one we all want.

:kop5cf8koxp6: 

I feel the same as this, I wanted Rafa back but over the past week I have really come round to BR and am getting really excited about the future
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1353: Jun 04, 2012 04:48:18 pm

I hope some folk's patience is as long as their aspirations are positive when the honeymoon period is over.

It will take time, things won't happen overnight, he's got a lot of work and a long hard road ahead of him.

Quality Rush...

Being that you have been "Cyber sucking him" for the last few days...  ;D

I agree with the sentiment though.. Just made me smile mate..

What we could do with is a Liverpool fan based in Swansea who could give us a level headed veiw on Rodgers..Maybe give us local Swansea fans views.... Keep it all in perspective like...  :D
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #1354: Jun 04, 2012 05:42:04 pm
      Didn't want Kenny to go, but while Rodgers is our manager he will have my full support.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1355: Jun 04, 2012 06:51:34 pm

I think people are intrigued and excited about the potential but I don't know if there's a honeymoon period in all seriousness. Knowing there's a lot of hard tough work ahead and having just finished 8th in the league I really don't get the feeling Liverpool FC or Liverpool fans have bestowed a honeymoon period upon ourselves.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1356: Jun 04, 2012 07:04:56 pm

Quick Reply