Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Steven Gerrard
      5 (4.1%)
      Jose Enrique
      43 (35%)
      Glen Johnson
      9 (7.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      46 (37.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      4 (3.3%)
      Daniel Agger
      15 (12.2%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      1 (0.8%)
      Someone else
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: Dec 05, 2012 04:55:16 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match debates

Read 43471 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match debates
      Reply #460: Dec 01, 2012 05:12:49 pm
       a win is a win and if we can grind out a few more from now until jan the world might seem a better place.
      luciano-lfc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #461: Dec 01, 2012 05:15:09 pm
      Really glad we won, we needed the 3 points. And what a difference Lucas can make, I'm relieved he lasted so much and didn't pick up any injuries. Things are looking up, with winnable games coming up and january in sight!!
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #462: Dec 01, 2012 05:17:18 pm
      So, we thinking Jonjo will play false No. 9 vs West Ham? He did vs Young Boys.

Not sure Brendan thinks Yesil and Morgan have shown very much to be starting in the Prem.

I think it will be Shelvey again.

Yesil and Morgan are just not ready yet for league action.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #463: Dec 01, 2012 05:18:32 pm

Are you taking the piss? We win at home and we're poor?

Could you please do us ALL a favour - go away, and never, ever return.

Many thanks,
      The majority of the LFC Reds community.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #464: Dec 01, 2012 05:19:05 pm
      BR must go on an intensive shooting practice for everyone for next week's game against West Ham. It could be a blessing disguise in not having Suarez next week and see how we cope with it and everyone is now expected to shoulder the responsibility to score.
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #465: Dec 01, 2012 05:19:49 pm
      I think it will be Shelvey again.

Yesil and Morgan are just not ready yet for league action.

Would rather play Sahin in Midfield and Gerrard as a false No.9  It fits perfect. He doesnt have to tire himself and  his accuracy in shooting is way better the Jonjo.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #466: Dec 01, 2012 05:22:11 pm
      Would rather play Sahin in Midfield and Gerrard as a false No.9  It fits perfect. He doesnt have to tire himself and  his accuracy in shooting is way better the Jonjo.

Decent shout. Not sure we'll see that though.

There's always the potential of Dani Pacheco coming into the side, but that's also a bit unlikely.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,277 posts | 930 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #467: Dec 01, 2012 05:23:06 pm
      Are you taking the piss? We win at home and we're poor?

Could you please do us ALL a favour - go away, and never, ever return.

Many thanks,
      The majority of the LFC Reds community.
      We played third from bottom today, at home with a full squad, a couple of years ago the would have been a blood bath, not like that any more that what i mean poor.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #468: Dec 01, 2012 05:25:03 pm
      Really should have won by much more, but the positives are that we played some really good football and we look a much more balanced side with Lucas back.
      Now BR needs to work with Allen and Lucas in training to stop Allen running into Lucas's zone all the time. It was understandable as he has been filling that role whilst Lucas has been out, but it needs sorting.
      I though Allen did very well further up the pitch, and Enrique was great again today.
      Our youngsters need to improve their decision making.

I enjoyed the game and how we played, but we need to put more chances away which is something we've suffered from for a while now.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #469: Dec 01, 2012 05:27:42 pm
      We seems to panic when clear on goal, BR needs to teach the younger players to keep their composure, particularly Sterling who either underhit or overhit the final decisive pass.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #470: Dec 01, 2012 05:28:40 pm
      i didnt get to watch the game or listen to it unfortunately but what was the formation/players positions? Was Gerrard part of the front 3? how was he etc...?
      Tadders

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #471: Dec 01, 2012 05:28:44 pm
      Anyone pissed off with a home win should log onto the Arsenal\Chelsea fans forum......F***ing hilarious.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,717 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #472: Dec 01, 2012 05:29:17 pm
      Well done Reds. 3 points is all that matters.

Johnson MOTM but many others close to him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #473: Dec 01, 2012 05:31:06 pm
      i didnt get to watch the game or listen to it unfortunately but what was the formation/players positions? Was Gerrard part of the front 3? how was he etc...?

He was in midfield. Played well today, the presence of Lucas improved both Stevie and Allen. Jonjo played on the right and was hot and cold.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #474: Dec 01, 2012 05:31:35 pm
      Once again had plenty of chances an only took 1. But yerno what THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. Soo many times last season an this season we dominate the game an only get a point, but Im happy to win 3 points whether playing like Barca or like Stoke. Only bad point that Suarez is banned for W.Ham next weekend which will make it very tough but hopefully Sterling can step up to the mark. Lucas was class today also on his return, Enrique once again with a great game (my MOTM), linked up with Suarez really well again! Allen was rather lacklustre before he went off, an I was glad that he went off as alot of people were doubting that Rodgers would never dare to not play him or take him off in the league. Now into 11th an got a very good run of games up until January, Hope to have at least 12/13 out of the possible 15 points available throughout December, YNWA.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #475: Dec 01, 2012 05:32:17 pm
      We played third from bottom today, at home with a full squad, a couple of years ago the would have been a blood bath, not like that any more that what i mean poor.

Scraped  or did I mean scrapped by ?

Wow ! ! !

Two points behind the Arse  .....  now we are cooking !
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #476: Dec 01, 2012 05:32:41 pm

We seemed at times to play with a front 4.
      Gerrard had more of a free role than he has for a while and looked better for it.
      I was thinking we'd line up our midfield 3 as an inverted triangle like this:
                                                                                            Lucas

Gerrard                                Allen

But it was more like this:
                                                                                           Lucas (Holding)
                                                                                                    Allen (breaking forwards)

Gerrard (free role)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #477: Dec 01, 2012 05:32:43 pm
      Would have liked a bigger win, but beggars can't be choosers.

But what is different about this win?

Well I'll tell you, a lot of (the bigger) teams above us (and there is a lot :roll: ) have dropped points. Usually when this happens we cock up too.

Nice change, may it long continue.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #478: Dec 01, 2012 05:33:25 pm

Southampton have hit form recently, they are by no means a poor team. They play football the right way and are very dangerous as they have shown against United.

So the fact that United beat them by one goal, does that make them poor, too? No. It doesn't.

We didn't play brilliantly. We didn't take our chances. We still won. Last season that game would have been a draw, and the season before, perhaps even a loss. We are improving.

"Patience is a virtue" - that is what some people here need to learn. We won't get anywhere with knee-jerk comments, and slating the team for a win.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #479: Dec 01, 2012 05:35:20 pm
      A win is a win is a win.

And I like to see us win!

2 behind Arse, 4 behind the bitters.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #480: Dec 01, 2012 05:36:26 pm
      Southampton have hit form recently, they are by no means a poor team. They play football the right way and are very dangerous as they have shown against United.

So the fact that United beat them by one goal, does that make them poor, too? No. It doesn't.

We didn't play brilliantly. We didn't take our chances. We still won. Last season that game would have been a draw, and the season before, perhaps even a loss. We are improving.

"Patience is a virtue" - that is what some people here need to learn. We won't get anywhere with knee-jerk comments, and slating the team for a win.

Sorry to just highlight one part Reslivo, but I thought some of our football today was exceptional.
      True we need to put away our chances, but our build up play was breathtaking at times, we just struggled to sustain it.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #481: Dec 01, 2012 05:37:50 pm

The part in bold is exactly my thoughts too. How nice it is to take the lead and keep it until the end against a team who aren't as bad as their form suggests.

We won and I for one am happy with that.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #482: Dec 01, 2012 05:41:49 pm
      You need 4 wins in 6  games? you are joking right?  :D

Anyways would like to see who will play CF role against WH

Yeah, have you seen the sh*te we're playing? If you can't win 4-5 your games in that run then you are, by definition, in among the inconsistent midtable sh*te we'd be failing to beat.

Happy with Enrique.

Quick Reply