Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM v Arsenal?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      40 (20.3%)
      Jon Flanagan
      7 (3.6%)
      Aly Cissokho
      1 (0.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1%)
      Raheem Sterling
      98 (49.7%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      37 (18.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      7 (3.6%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Iago Aspas
      3 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 193

Voting closed: Feb 11, 2014 02:43:41 pm

Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal: In Game and Post Game Celebration!

Read 34187 times
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts | 31 
      Re: Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal: In Game and Post Game Celebration!
      Reply #529: Feb 08, 2014 04:39:47 pm
      I can only repeat what I said after White Hart Lane: Simply superb. Thanks to everyone on the pitch and on the bench who made us so proud today.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #530: Feb 08, 2014 04:43:27 pm
      Ray Clemence standing on the Kop = BOSS
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #531: Feb 08, 2014 04:48:27 pm
      I can only repeat what I said after White Hart Lane: Simply superb. Thanks to everyone on the pitch and on the bench who made us so proud today.

To our club-players staff supporters

Journey - Don't Stop Believing Lyrics
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #532: Feb 08, 2014 04:56:00 pm

Ewwww. That song is not nice.

Not nice at all.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #533: Feb 08, 2014 04:59:06 pm
      Best performance of the season? Certainly up there - fantastic! People taking gloss of our victory by talking about Arsenals poor form. Well, credit where due, we F***ing ripped them apart. They couldn't even think quick enough! More like that redmen!

Ynwa
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #534: Feb 08, 2014 05:04:48 pm
      I didn't think Arsenal would miss Flamini as much as they did.
      That's not to take anything away from the lads, who were awesome on the break.

The sitting deep and hitting on the counter tactic suits Gerrard and the 2 CB's down to the ground.

A great big well done to Flanno who was excellent and gave a very mature performance.

My MotM was Sterling. This lad can be very, very special if he continues to develop.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #535: Feb 08, 2014 05:05:10 pm
      Only 5?  Dire performance :)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #536: Feb 08, 2014 05:05:46 pm
      Sterling would be wasted in Roy Hodgson's team. All he's see is the ball constantly going over the top of his head.

Some fantastic technicians in the England side, most notable our players, but they'll be going to waste in Brazil no doubt.

Couldn't give a f**k about England being a Scot, but will support them just in the hope of the Liverpool players doing well. If they had a decent manager, they could get the best from our players. Redknapp had the right idea by planning Rodgers as his assistant (just prior to Rodgers getting the LFC gig).
      I being English disagree and believe Sterling would be a fantastic addition to any side, as the other English Liverpool players are.  If Sterling were Scottish you wouldn't say that about Scotland. However,  this is the post match thread not National team thread so please be careful to stay on topic.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #537: Feb 08, 2014 05:07:13 pm
      Citeh drop points today...starting to look sexy
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #538: Feb 08, 2014 05:09:21 pm
      I remember sitting at the end of the season and trying to pick out our best results/performances and there was some grim ones up there, certainly plenty to choose from soo far this season with still 13 games to go, for me soo far...

1) 4-0 v Everton
      2) 5-1 v Arsenal
      3) 5-0 v Spurs
      4) 1-0 v United
      5) 5-1 v Norwich
      Game-well-and-truly-over
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Re: Live: Liverpool vs Arsenal
      Reply #539: Feb 08, 2014 05:15:14 pm
      If we get over run in midfield Rodgers will carry the can for that selection.

And takes the credit for a near flawless win? And takes the credit for his transformation of Liverpool into a team six points off the top with thirteen games to go? And takes the credit for doing an excellent job of making Liverpool one of the most exciting teams in Europe? Let's hope so, as some still begrudge him any accolade. We are in safe hands, regardless of the few inevitable errors he might make. Ecstatic with that win.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #540: Feb 08, 2014 05:24:41 pm
      Hard to know where to start after that, what a great result.

Keep it short and sweet for now and just point out what a fantastic game Coutinho had. He's had his share of criticism this season and today I thought he was excellent. That pass for Sturridge's goal is sublime, and although we know he's not the biggest and strongest he tried to put himself about and did a fair bit to win the ball back today. Credit to him, it was a performance to take great confidence from.

Just singled him out because he's been 'underperforming', so it's only right you give Aly Cissokho a big pat on the back as well, for his best game in a reds shirt.

1-11 were great today and all deserve the highest praise. Massive result and what confidence that gives us for the big games at home coming up, and I know none of our opposition will be reslishing their game at Anfield.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #541: Feb 08, 2014 05:33:54 pm
      after todays result and with City and Chelsea to come here I would say this. "if you really believe this we can win the league then we can make it happen".
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Re: Live: Liverpool vs Arsenal
      Reply #542: Feb 08, 2014 05:35:30 pm
      And takes the credit for a near flawless win? And takes the credit for his transformation of Liverpool into a team six points off the top with thirteen games to go? And takes the credit for doing an excellent job of making Liverpool one of the most exciting teams in Europe? Let's hope so, as some still begrudge him any accolade. We are in safe hands, regardless of the few inevitable errors he might make. Ecstatic with that win.

He'll get all the credit he deserves if he achieves top 4 because that will be a real achievement given the failure of the owners to sign players last window. Some of us have been watching the reds longer than others on here and well remember regularly looking the best team in the land under Roy Evans - but ultimately achieving nothing come season's end. Great performances are nice, but where you finish is always the acid test.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #543: Feb 08, 2014 05:35:52 pm
      Hard to know where to start after that, what a great result.

Keep it short and sweet for now and just point out what a fantastic game Coutinho had. He's had his share of criticism this season and today I thought he was excellent. That pass for Sturridge's goal is sublime, and although we know he's not the biggest and strongest he tried to put himself about and did a fair bit to win the ball back today. Credit to him, it was a performance to take great confidence from.

Just singled him out because he's been 'underperforming', so it's only right you give Aly Cissokho a big pat on the back as well, for his best game in a reds shirt.

1-11 were great today and all deserve the highest praise. Massive result and what confidence that gives us for the big games at home coming up, and I know none of our opposition will be reslishing their game at Anfield.

I thought Aly was F***ing immense today. He demonstrated he can put in decent performances, and is clearly a much better player than what Traore was. Thought his game against WBA wasn't too shabby either. Our wholes defence were superb and our midfielders worked their absolute socks off. Am a very proud supporter, as always, but those games make me realise how much our club means to those players. Rodgers is doing a fantastic job here!
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #544: Feb 08, 2014 05:46:12 pm
      I thought Aly was f**king immense today. He demonstrated he can put in decent performances, and is clearly a much better player than what Traore was. Thought his game against WBA wasn't too shabby either. Our wholes defence were superb and our midfielders worked their absolute socks off. Am a very proud supporter, as always, but those games make me realise how much our club means to those players. Rodgers is doing a fantastic job here!

Defensively Cissokho was sound. To say he was immense is a massive overstatement. For him to be immense he would have to contribute to the attack or at least be able to keep possession of the ball. He still lost the ball a lot and was poor in their half.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #545: Feb 08, 2014 05:47:33 pm
      You cannot defend the way we attacked today. When you get a ball through like young Couthino played you simply cant defend it.I would have loved ~Wenger to come out and say we were the best team but I will wait and see what happens.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #546: Feb 08, 2014 05:47:53 pm
      Just wow. That was a team with a great centre back pairing and one of the world's best number 10s. We completely destroyed them. Rodgers. Wow. Flanagan. Sterling. Suarez. Coutinho. Cissokho. Just wow...
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #547: Feb 08, 2014 05:55:59 pm
      Just got in after the game still buzzin like a mozzie

We were just out of this world today 4-0 up after 20 minutes

All the lads were like what the fux's going on.

Big shout out to Ray Clem today shook his hand on the Kop.

Coutinho motm for me today he made Wiltshere look a tw*t (which he is)

Happy Days

Only one Brendan Rodgers
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #548: Feb 08, 2014 06:15:58 pm
      reading a lot of people saying that the first 20 minutes was the best football they had ever seen from any side. Would many of you agree?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #549: Feb 08, 2014 06:17:46 pm
      reading a lot of people saying that the first 20 minutes was the best football they had ever seen from any side. Would many of you agree?

yes non other than John Aldridge said we were better than Brazil going forward better than Real or Barca or Inter etc and when you are 4-0 up after about 30mins to the league leaders that's a fairly decent shout
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #550: Feb 08, 2014 06:17:50 pm
      Nearly ended up missing the game but found an Irish bar full of LFC fans (in Luxembourg! ) I missed the first 10 mins and on walking in and couldn't believe the score!

The next ten minutes were absolutely fantastic both on the field and in the bar, Like others on here have said I've not seen a better first 45 mins by an LFC team, it was spellbinding at times they couldn't handle Stirling's pace but then again who can !

If we can put 5 past both the League leaders and the Yids I can't wait for the Chav's and Citeh to turn up, if City can't even manage a goal against Norwich, what have we to worry about ?
      We can't slip up in midweek now like we did against WBA we just have to maintain our form now until the end of the season if we have any chance at all of fetching no19 home !
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #551: Feb 08, 2014 06:19:23 pm
      Nearly ended up missing the game but found an Irish bar full of LFC fans (in Luxembourg! ) I missed the first 10 mins and on walking in and couldn't believe the score!

The next ten minutes were absolutely fantastic both on the field and in the bar, Like others on here have said I've not seen a better first 45 mins by an LFC team, it was spellbinding at times they couldn't handle Stirling's pace but then again who can !

If we can put 5 past both the League leaders and the Yids I can't wait for the Chav's and Citeh to turn up, if City can't even manage a goal against Norwich, what have we to worry about ?
      We can't slip up in midweek now like we did against WBA we just have to maintain our form now until the end of the season if we have any chance at all of fetching no19 home !

If we turn Fulham over on Weds then I actually think a lot of the players will start to think we can win the league too.

Quick Reply